PDA

View Full Version : cut of hair in pixie. (pics) help! hate it. Want to grow it out fast.

ikke1978
June 16th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Hi all,

I can't believe I am so vain, but I am crying for 2 days over my hair.
I had a horrible haircut when a trainee cut it into a bob. It was thinned out, uneven, etc.
So, I went to another hairdresser who convinced me a pixie cut would look nice on me.
I guess that being pregnant for 6,5 months also means I am full of emotions, but I just can't stop crying over my hair.
I hate it! I don't feel me anymore.
How fast will I have some kind of bob again.

PS; my hair is thinned out a lot, but still very heavy.... and it is cut on one lenght one side and in multiple layers the other side.

Does it really look so awfull as I feel it does?

I sometimes feel just shave it all of (but guess than my long hair is even further down the road)

Please your advice and opinions...

https://preview.ibb.co/kzezud/20180616_181740_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/cW78ny)
https://preview.ibb.co/n0s8ny/20180616_182613.jpg (https://ibb.co/iPpA0J)

https://imgur.com/a/u5XY4yo

SeRe
June 16th, 2018, 02:49 PM
I cannot access your pics.

Please calm down and stop crying. Things are never as bad as they seem. Please do not stress yourself during your pregnancy. I'm sure you look beautiful with the new haircut.

ikke1978
June 16th, 2018, 02:57 PM
not sure why the pictures dont show up.
I realize it stupid to stress this much over hair, but everybody hates it. My boyfriend is making comments all the time

ravenskey
June 16th, 2018, 02:59 PM
You'll have to upload your pics either into an album or image hosting site before we can see them.

I'm sure that it looks lovely and isn't nearly as bad as you think (we are all harder on ourselves than we should be).

According to this website (https://www.hairfinder.com/info/hair-lengths2.htm) it should take about 6 months to grow from pixie to chin length which isn't too long - you'll be back to a bob by the end of the year.

SeRe
June 16th, 2018, 03:02 PM
not sure why the pictures dont show up.
I realize it stupid to stress this much over hair, but everybody hates it. My boyfriend is making comments all the time

Try to post them with imgur.

I understand that hair is very important, and I do not wish to undermine its importance in any way. But remember that hair grows back so no permanent damage is done.
People around you will only react if you do. If you show them that you love it, they will soon keep quiet. Own the new style, rock it with confidence.

littlestarface
June 16th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Dang that sucks i'd cry too. The only thing to do tho is just let it grow and try n forget about it, I know easier said then done but i'm guessing by the time that baby arrives you'll be so distracted that in no time your hair will be longer again. Hopefully these pregnancy hormones make your hair grow faster too, it never did for me but I hope it does for you.

I say do not shave it just let it grow.

SeRe
June 16th, 2018, 03:06 PM
I just saw the pics, I honestly love how the pixie looks on you. In fact, I think it flatters your facial features very well :-)

ikke1978
June 16th, 2018, 03:08 PM
I think the pics and video are uploaded

ravenskey
June 16th, 2018, 03:09 PM
I've just seen the pics and you look gorgeous!

The pixie really suits you.

Kake
June 16th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I think you look great, the pixie really suits you. But I know exactly where you're coming from, as I also had an awful haircut while pregnant. I had the awful, too thinned bob. I still remember the feeling, I'm sorry you're there too.

ikke1978
June 16th, 2018, 03:18 PM
thanks, but the video shows the real damage... i think... this will take forever...

lapushka
June 16th, 2018, 03:21 PM
That looks cute on you. From your smile you can't guess you actually hate it so much. I think it might take 4 months to get an ear-length bob and from there on you can grow on, really. Just 4 months. When baby is here, you probably have your "hair back" to some kind of length you actually like.

Hang in there. Being pregnant is a whirlwind of emotions.

I wouldn't do anything drastic right now like shaving it (that will take even *longer* to grow out, think of it that way).

Good luck.

You look really cute, though! Despite your disappointment. :inlove:

Deborah
June 16th, 2018, 03:29 PM
You look great in your short haircut - honestly. If you don't like it, just take good care of it and wait. Pregnant women and new mums often find that their hair grows way faster than normally.:flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
June 16th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Gosh that looks wonderful on you! It's a shame you don't like it. I know it's easy to get upset about things when pregnant, I remember crying for ages once when I drove to the shop to find it was closed for the day.
One good thing is that you will notice growth happening fast at your length and once baby arrives you will be very busy with other things rather than your hair, so I think that before too long you will be happier with it.
It is actually gorgeous right now, though! :) I hope you will feel better about it soon and congratulations on your coming baby :D

Arciela
June 16th, 2018, 04:01 PM
I think you look super cute!! Not everyone can pull off that hair style, but you do very well :flower: In a few months it'll be getting long again! Your hair looks so healthy too..I am jealous ^^ Just hang in there for a few months and it'll start to feel long quickly :)

ikke1978
June 16th, 2018, 04:49 PM
I feel like a boy... maybe because nt boyfriend tells me. Also it is cut in a bowl shape too much..
Think it will not look better in thee months because of the shape... but will see. Thanks all tot replying

Sarahlabyrinth
June 16th, 2018, 04:52 PM
I feel like a boy... maybe because nt boyfriend tells me. Also it is cut in a bowl shape too much..
Think it will not look better in thee months because of the shape... but will see. Thanks all tot replying

I'm sure it's perfectly obvious that you are NOT a boy :rollin: But I hope you will feel better about it soon :grouphug:

lithostoic
June 16th, 2018, 05:02 PM
I think it looks great, and imagine how low maintenance it will be when you have your baby! I'm sorry this unexpected haircut happened though.

spidermom
June 16th, 2018, 05:28 PM
I agree with most. It really is super-cute on you. Get on YouTube and find ways you can style your pixie. New length shows up fast on hair that short, so by the end of a couple of months, it will be a whole new ball game and you'll have to learn new styles. Nicely ask your boyfriend to help you get used to your new haircut because you can't glue it back; you have to live with it.

Lady Stardust
June 16th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Your hair looks great, it suits you! I’m sure you asked for your boyfriend’s opinion in the first place but I would ask him to switch to positive comments now because he’s making you feel worse. You don’t look like a boy, at all. You have beautiful feminine bone structure and your haircut shows it off perfectly.

Emotions are definitely heightened when you’re pregnant and for the following months so please see if you can make peace with your lovely haircut.

My hair was in a similar style when I was pregnant, but mine was shorter. I started to grow it into a bob after my baby was born but I wasn’t in a hurry, I had the back trimmed and grew the front and sides down so it turned into an angled ear length bob. That took somewhere between 4 and 6 months. I used to wear a scarf as a headband in a 1920s style sometimes if I wanted it to look more polished while it grew down over my ears, it was handy that the back was shorter because I could tie the scarf without it pushing the hair out of shape. The back gradually grew down level over the next few months, I didn’t notice how long it took.

When my hair was only about an inch long at the back, my baby used to run her fingers through the hair at the nape of my neck while she was feeding, it was lovely. She used to watch my fringe move about too, that was one of the reasons I decided to grow it, because I could see she liked the movement. I’m only mentioning this because your baby will gaze at you as the most beautiful person in the world, and when they smile at you for the first time you won’t be worrying about your haircut. All will be well.

Stray_mind
June 16th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Don't be so disheartened. The pixie actually looks great on you :grouphug:

The growing out will take some time and patience. I think you can grow out to chin in less than a year though. You can try out some wigs in the meantime if you really hate your cut that much. But i think you just need time to get used to your new look.

Think if the positives. Your hair won't be in the way when you have to take care of your baby. :)

Your hair color is really pretty. :crush:

Borgessa
June 16th, 2018, 11:58 PM
I like it frames your face nicely :)

ikke1978
June 17th, 2018, 02:44 AM
Thanks all.... hope with chrismas i look oke again.

zanelle
June 17th, 2018, 03:04 AM
Stay away from scissors for a few years. You can only use them for S&D.
Let it grow.
You have a beautiful face so it doesn't really matter if your hair is short now.
Makes absolutely no sense to go bald because your hair is healthy now.
It will grow in uneven layers, so what?
When it's past waist you'll make some adjustments. Forget about cutting it till then, ok?
Hugs! :beerchug:

JEMTheNerd
June 17th, 2018, 03:51 AM
Maybe not the best advice if you're wanting to grow it out, but I got a pixie about two years ago and it was horrendous. I cut it shorter and l o v e d it! If you're looking to just feel better, maybe a shorter cut? Or maybe get some cute headbands and wear them in your hair! They look adorable in pixie cuts!

lapushka
June 17th, 2018, 04:43 AM
Why not join the no trimming challenge, second half (starting July 1st up to December 31st). I'll link you the thread!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143313

ikke1978
June 17th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Thanks. Was thinking about that but afraid it looks still awfulk

ikke1978
June 17th, 2018, 06:47 AM
I hope to have a sienna miller pixie 9n 5 months with longer layers

lucid
June 17th, 2018, 06:56 AM
Honest opinion, I don't think it's a great haircut, I don't. However, it doesn't look bad either, I just understand that you're not happy with it. You have a pretty and feminine face, and do not at all look like a boy. I wouldn't cut it more, I would rather focus on styling it more to your liking. It won't take that long to grow it into a nice looking bob.

ikke1978
June 17th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Thanks lucid
I think the cut is horrible. I tried to style it all sort of ways but still bad. Or i go shorter and to fix it. But i think the damage is done nu top short layers

lapushka
June 17th, 2018, 08:44 AM
Don't try and fix it; it will fix itself the more length is added to it, you'll see. It's going to look vastly different next month already!

ravenskey
June 17th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I would say don't go shorter to try and fix it because you've said that you want to have it in a bob as soon as possible and cutting shorter means that it will just take longer.
Hang in there and you'll see an improvement by next month - growth is very visible on short hair so it'll probably look much better.

browneyedsusan
June 17th, 2018, 09:17 AM
You look fine!
IMHO, your hormones have totally hijacked your brains and are holding your intellect hostage. (Pregnancy hormones can make you wear the crazy pants, sometimes!)
Your brains aren't letting you see the reality of how great you look, how easy that is to care for -- gets stuck in nothing, never tangles, you can ride a motorcycle on in a convertable, wind and rain are no problem, dries in 10 minutes --, and how confident and sexy you look with a pixie! Most women don't have the nerve to go that short. Including you, but you can pretend it's fabulous? No one can tell by looking that you don't like it. Other women wonder how it would be to have a pixie, but are terrified to try it, so they'll ask lots of questions. They're afraid they will somehow lose their feminity, that their man won't like it, or they'll look ugly. Nope. Nope. Nope. It's just a head-game. Get your head around it and work it to your advantage. Either choose to be happy, or not. You choose.

You really look fantastic. Some people don't look good with short hair, but you DO. Really. You do. Do not listen to that voice in your head. IT LIES. :blossom:

Love from Susan,
Pixie wearer for 15+ years and loved it while it lasted

*Wednesday*
June 17th, 2018, 10:33 AM
I'd leave it alone. It looks fine. You have an ultra incredible face. You can wear it.

lapushka
June 17th, 2018, 10:43 AM
I'd leave it alone. It looks fine. You have an ultra incredible face. You can wear it.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, it totally suits ikke1978's face shape! Besides you look so happy with it on video and on picture, it's hard to see any negatives then. I say wear it with pride for as long as it lasts, because pixies freshly cut tend to grow out of their shape quite fast!

afreckledgirl
June 17th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Hiya,

I honestly love it, but I completely get it if you don't feel you anymore. You have to feel comfortable and confident, that's so important. I don't think it will take very long to grow out. Get cute hair accessories to style it differently, so you feel a bit better. Just try to stay patient. At the end of the day, as long as you don't cut it, it will grow. Try to stay positive and smile! :)

littlestarface
June 17th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Hi all,

I can't believe I am so vain, but I am crying for 2 days over my hair.
I had a horrible haircut when a trainee cut it into a bob. It was thinned out, uneven, etc.
So, I went to another hairdresser who convinced me a pixie cut would look nice on me.
I guess that being pregnant for 6,5 months also means I am full of emotions, but I just can't stop crying over my hair.
I hate it! I don't feel me anymore.
How fast will I have some kind of bob again.

PS; my hair is thinned out a lot, but still very heavy.... and it is cut on one lenght one side and in multiple layers the other side.

Does it really look so awfull as I feel it does?

I sometimes feel just shave it all of (but guess than my long hair is even further down the road)

Please your advice and opinions...

https://preview.ibb.co/kzezud/20180616_181740_1.jpg (https://ibb.co/cW78ny)
https://preview.ibb.co/n0s8ny/20180616_182613.jpg (https://ibb.co/iPpA0J)

https://imgur.com/a/u5XY4yo

Dang what a horrible cut they did on you, i'm sorry they butchered you like this. If I was you I would try to make the most out of it for the time being, sadly not much else you can do but like I said don't shave it, it'll just take more time to grow out n look nice.

ikke1978
June 17th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Thanks .....

Groovy Granny
June 17th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Like the others, I think it looks adorable; it fits you perfectly ....your face is so cute.....and your eyes are gorgeous :love:

BUT....I know how you must feel because that happened to me many years ago (((hugs)))
When you haven't asked for it, it is a shock...and people's reactions don't always help (as you now know lol) ;)

Pregnancy just compounds the injury because emotions run high and can deceive your perception....but it DOES look cute!!

Until it grows out, bling it out.....a bit more makeup, earrings, cute outfits...maybe a temporary hair color; have fun with it and hair accessories (as was mentioned)....and just own it for now!

Focus on the baby and happy things until it grows out....and it will!

I hope you feel better as days pass; we can help as you pass each stage (join the pixie thread etc) :flowers:

daisy rei
June 17th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Aw, the pixie cut looks adorable on you!

I've definitely been there with the whole sobbing over a bad haircut story, but trust me, it will grow back out! Don't do anything irrational just because you're feeling emotional! It's only hair, glorious hair. :redgrin:

Just buy some cute hair clips and headbands to hold it back while it grows, so you feel cute and girly.

Chromis
June 17th, 2018, 02:53 PM
I think lots of us have been there with crying over a bad haircut! Actually, hang out long enough and you will see more than once a week we have someone posting with the most recent bad haircut story.

iforgotmylogin
June 17th, 2018, 03:38 PM
I think it looks fine

Crystawni
June 17th, 2018, 04:52 PM
That's a good, sassy cut that I wish I could pull off (the vid shows it well)! I had a workmate who rocked a similar cut, and she fluffed the top a lot for crown volume that looked awesome. As a longhair to my bones, though, I feel your pain (after I tried this kind of cut in my teens years ago, and failed--thank you sticky-out ears--and cried, moped and hid under hats and headbands), and hope you embrace the "fun" your hair currently exudes.

queenbee1
June 17th, 2018, 08:03 PM
I think you look really cute. Kind of inspiring me to chop off my hair too now :p

ikke1978
June 17th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Ow my god
Yes that is what it is..
Wat too sassy doe me. But nothing i can do about it anymore for now. Maybe cutting it even shorter. Do you think nu chrismas i can cut a sienna miller short hair cut? What will 6 months of regrowth look in this layered mess

ikke1978
June 18th, 2018, 04:20 AM
Oke girls,
I decided I go for an additional hair cut to try to fix this cut. I think it is too much a bowl cut....
I see a lot of pictures of shorter pixies that look sooo much better.
The thing is: find a hairdresser that can actually cut short hair. I see a lot of hairdressers not being able to cut good pixie hair....
Wish me luck… I will go in 4 hours… very nervouw to make things worse, but I take the risk.
I just cant grow out this shape in a cute way...

I had a pixie cut 10 years ago I was happy with. Hope to achieve that look... although my back is a bit shorter now…

I will update you all.

lapushka
June 18th, 2018, 04:23 AM
Oh no! Oh well, it's your hair. :) It is going to take so much longer to grow out. :flower: And I can't see a "bowl cut" in there at all. I don't even know what you are referring to. :shrug:

Lady Stardust
June 18th, 2018, 05:14 AM
Take in a photo or a few photos of how you liked your hair or the type of cut you want. It’s too difficult to describe a pixie cut to a hairdresser, it’s easy to get lost in translation.

browneyedsusan
June 18th, 2018, 05:54 AM
Oke girls,
I decided I go for an additional hair cut to try to fix this cut. I think it is too much a bowl cut....
The thing is: find a hairdresser that can actually cut short hair. I see a lot of hairdressers not being able to cut good pixie hair....
Wish me luck… I will go in 4 hours… very nervouw to make things worse, but I take the risk.

I had a pixie cut 10 years ago I was happy with. Hope to achieve that look... although my back is a bit shorter now…

I will update you all.
:thumbsup:

Groovy Granny
June 18th, 2018, 08:43 AM
Oke girls,

I will update you all.

I can understand where you may feel the top is too heavy......though it still looks cute to us!

Wishing you all the best in tweaking your new do, and hoping your stylist understands/respects your vision :cheer:

Please post pics....and keep your chin up...this too will pass :cheer:

Peppergirl
June 19th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Hi, I’m a newbie, today is my first day here, and I’m growing out a pixie. I think yours looks great! Just be yourself, and have it like you want it. I’d be your friend if you would like to grow out at the same time. :-)

ikke1978
June 19th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Hi, I’m a newbie, today is my first day here, and I’m growing out a pixie. I think yours looks great! Just be yourself, and have it like you want it. I’d be your friend if you would like to grow out at the same time. :-)

that would be really great….. pixie grow out buddies...

Peppergirl
June 19th, 2018, 03:02 PM
I looked for a way to friend, but I don't have that access yet, I'll keep trying.

ikke1978
June 19th, 2018, 03:03 PM
okey, an update.

I first went to three hairdresser to ask them how would they cut this in another way. They all had different opinions on what was wrong with the cut. I could see they were right all of them.
Still, i choose for someone who knew my hair from a long time ago.

Well, this also did not go as I liked. Not really listening to me, just thinning and cutting.

It would be an okey cut, if my hair did not change so much during pregnancy.

I have very wavy hair at the moment, with very straight hair in between. It makes my hair horrible to cut into a nice pixie…. and it is very coarse

Today, I again went to another hairdresser for advice. Ofcourse she sees all mistakes in this haircut! I was thinking about cutting it AGAIN...

Then, I thought.. oke, no more!! I just am not happy with short hair at the moment... no cutting can fix this.

Sure, it could be cut way better… some areas are cut blunt, some not, some are curly, some straight, some areas are longer, some shorter.

But then I think: so what, I will try to embrace this hairdo… Even though have crying about it a lot today again. I feel pregnancy hormones are make my feelings way worse

I hope in two months I will be a bit used to it.

No more trims till Christmas, maybe then a little mullet trim...

I want my longer hair back... fast… So incredible unhappy, BUT WHAT CAN I DO? Another haircut with another hairdresser who says she can fix it... or stop before my mind is going more crazy...

pictures and video:

https://imgur.com/RiXGEl0

https://imgur.com/pIG8gpm

https://imgur.com/iwmuUtD

https://imgur.com/66NZzgn

littlestarface
June 19th, 2018, 03:32 PM
okey, an update.

I first went to three hairdresser to ask them how would they cut this in another way. They all had different opinions on what was wrong with the cut. I could see they were right all of them.
Still, i choose for someone who knew my hair from a long time ago.

Well, this also did not go as I liked. Not really listening to me, just thinning and cutting.

It would be an okey cut, if my hair did not change so much during pregnancy.

I have very wavy hair at the moment, with very straight hair in between. It makes my hair horrible to cut into a nice pixie…. and it is very coarse

Today, I again went to another hairdresser for advice. Ofcourse she sees all mistakes in this haircut! I was thinking about cutting it AGAIN...

Then, I thought.. oke, no more!! I just am not happy with short hair at the moment... no cutting can fix this.

Sure, it could be cut way better… some areas are cut blunt, some not, some are curly, some straight, some areas are longer, some shorter.

But then I think: so what, I will try to embrace this hairdo… Even though have crying about it a lot today again. I feel pregnancy hormones are make my feelings way worse

I hope in two months I will be a bit used to it.

No more trims till Christmas, maybe then a little mullet trim...

I want my longer hair back... fast… So incredible unhappy, BUT WHAT CAN I DO? Another haircut with another hairdresser who says she can fix it... or stop before my mind is going more crazy...

pictures and video:

https://imgur.com/RiXGEl0

https://imgur.com/pIG8gpm

https://imgur.com/iwmuUtD

https://imgur.com/66NZzgn
I think it looks better than before for sure! Please don't cut it anymore it looks very nice like this.

ravenskey
June 19th, 2018, 04:23 PM
It looks super nice ikke1978.

If you want your long hair back fast please don't cut anymore - it'll just take longer to grow and what you have is lovely!

ShirleyAnn
June 19th, 2018, 04:30 PM
It looks cute, and out of baby hand grabbing reach.
You are gonna be so busy once your baby gets here that benign neglect will happen by itself. Time will fly by and one day you will look up and say "my gosh, where did all this hair come from????"

Lanalavallama
June 23rd, 2018, 04:20 PM
I may be biased because I love short hair....

Your initial pixie was so cute, this one is too.
You look beautiful with a short haircut. There is no need to keep cutting your hair, unless you want to.

Congratulations on the pregnancy.

racheldelrey
June 23rd, 2018, 04:56 PM
Sweetheart, I understand hating a haircut, but you are GORGEOUS! I think the pixie really, really suits you! You have an ethereal, magical look to you, and the hairstyle really sets it off! For your sake, I hope it grows out quickly, because I know how terrible it is to be unhappy with hair. But trust me, it doesn't look bad at all. You are stunning!