PDA

View Full Version : hi I'm new

sylvesther
June 16th, 2018, 02:43 AM
hello everyone my name is esther.
I've been trying to grow out a buzzcut for the past 4 months.
now I'am unfortunately at the ''akward'' mullet stage,one part of me is like ah the hell with this I'm going to cut it all off again! and the other half of me is no I keep on going the awkard stage will be over soon:pray:
anyway I hope to learn some tips and ticks how to grow out my hair the healty way.

sincerly esther

TatsuOni
June 16th, 2018, 05:08 AM
Welcome! I began my journey with 0,5 cm of hair and endured it by just ignoring that it looked terrible at times while it grew out (and evened out the tips a bit, mainly in the back of my head) :p And I've been cutting my own hair since before that :)

ravenskey
June 16th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Welcome to LHC and I hope you get through the awkward stage - I think most of you here have had one, I never cut shorter than shoulder length but my hair took a turn from stick straight to wavy and frizzy and I looked like Hermione Granger for a while!

lapushka
June 16th, 2018, 02:12 PM
hello everyone my name is esther.
I've been trying to grow out a buzzcut for the past 4 months.
now I'am unfortunately at the ''akward'' mullet stage,one part of me is like ah the hell with this I'm going to cut it all off again! and the other half of me is no I keep on going the awkard stage will be over soon:pray:
anyway I hope to learn some tips and ticks how to grow out my hair the healty way.

sincerly esther

You have to push through if you want to achieve longer lengths, or you'll be stuck in that stage... forever (ask me how I know). Yep. At one point it is going to turn into a jaw length bob of some kind, then chin length, and then you're set and good to go.

Welcome.

Try and take a look at the shorties thread, for lots of inspiration.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 16th, 2018, 03:06 PM
Welcome here, and all the best for growing through the awkward stages. :)

leayellena
June 17th, 2018, 01:01 AM
hi Esther,
I didn't know what akward stage is before I joined lhc. Didn't know about conditioning, trimming, S&D (I didn't know about pretty much anything regarding hair care). my family kept it short for 20$ per year and tada! I am beautiful... lol. now I am long past akward stage but I complain about flyaways bing at akward stage LOL. don't cut it, grow it long with S&D and micro trims. I will grow it for another 2 years then we'll see... never a haircut again for me. keep it conditioned, there is no such thing as "too much conditioner"