PDA

View Full Version : The truth about hair extensions

PixieP
June 15th, 2018, 04:38 AM
A very good read about where the hair from hair extensions comes from:

https://www.refinery29.com/2018/06/200036/human-hair-extensions-ethical-sourcing

shazzshazshz
June 15th, 2018, 06:01 AM
Really interesting read, thanks for posting!

Ligeia Noire
June 15th, 2018, 06:30 AM
What a nice and interesting read. I wish there were more Choi's out there.

mira-chan
June 15th, 2018, 09:14 AM
On my last visit to Russia my grandfather kindly offered to sell me hair for some funds. I didn't need it, and not sure what prompted him to offer though it was done in a kindly way without being pushy. I declined it likely would have done to the extensions market if it was sold. Selling hair was a not too unusual thing to hear about, especially when people need extra funds, when I was there last. My family circle had more short hair other than me, but outside the cities it's a bit more common.

I've also heard a few stories about people getting their braids and ponytails cut in the subways/ buses. :eek:

Dark40
June 15th, 2018, 04:39 PM
That is an interesting read! Thanks for sharing!

Aredhel
June 15th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Wow, very eye-opening indeed. Definitely glad that there's an ethical buyer out there. A girl that I work with wears a real human wig the same length as my hair, but much thicker, blacker and more beautiful. I wonder where the hair came from. I've been wanting to buy a wig myself lately to try out short hair...synthetic though. ;)

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 15th, 2018, 09:21 PM
I think there’s a another forum floating around here about this same subject.

Hair extensions are very unethical.
Lots of people start the arguement that if these women didn’t sell their hair - they would then turn to prostitution
So in turn buying their hair is good for them and the economy but I think that’s bull
Nobody should need to sell a part of their body.. any part!! Sexual or not.

TatsuOni
June 16th, 2018, 06:13 AM
There's was a thread about the Chinese hair market last year.

Thank's for sharing this! I always try to spread articles and videos like these to make people aware of it, since most people have never even thought about it.