PDA

View Full Version : favourite hemline shape?

Anastasia Hope
June 14th, 2018, 03:20 AM
do you prefer fairytle or blunt, V shape or U?

Beckstar
June 14th, 2018, 04:22 AM
I prefer a V shape because my hair is curly and my nape has the curliest/tightest hair. Not a very deep V though. I don't like an overly obvious difference in length though. Otherwise it'll look shorter on my hemline.

Milady_DeWinter
June 14th, 2018, 04:45 AM
Blunt, and with a very smooth U or totally straight :) For the record, my hair is wurly (2c), and I'm growing out layers to achieve that! I guess I could get ride of all layers by Christmas 2019 or so... *crosses fingers*

Margarita
June 14th, 2018, 05:05 AM
I love straight blunt hemline! =D

spidermom
June 14th, 2018, 07:20 AM
I would hate to have to choose. I prefer change.

The only thing I haven't tried is fairy tale because my hair is pretty fragile and gets damaged at longer lengths no matter how careful I am. So trim I must.

nycelle
June 14th, 2018, 08:12 AM
U for my 2a/sometimes 2b hair. I also like it best because my hair tends to go 1c so it looks good on straighter hair I think.

school of fish
June 14th, 2018, 08:35 AM
I like straight across blunt best for myself. Yesterday when I trimmed I reshaped my hemline to a soft U and reminded myself that a U hem is not my preference ;p I'll be reshaping back to straight across over the next few months ;)

littlestarface
June 14th, 2018, 08:42 AM
I like a ___ or a U I think U is my favorite. V is too harsh.

lapushka
June 14th, 2018, 08:47 AM
I have a layered V-shape; shortest layer waist, longest layer classic. I cut it into my hair on purpose with the ponytail on the forehead technique (from the book, "Haircutting for dummies"). You can see in my signature. :)

ETA: I have to really stress this!

I wouldn't recommend this technique for everyone. You have to have quite a bit of hair, and also make sure it is at least waist length or you will end up looking like an 80s rocker. Not that that is bad, but you might be wanting something else from a layered cut.

Obsidian
June 14th, 2018, 08:55 AM
I prefer a layered U or fairytale. I find blunt to be too harsh except on pin straight hair. I do like V but its not what I would want.

ravenskey
June 14th, 2018, 09:05 AM
I prefer a blunt hem because I like doing a lot of plaits - at the moment I have a U shaped hemline but once I reach my goal of CL I will start to reshape it to ____ shape.

Sora Rose
June 14th, 2018, 09:10 AM
I prefer blunt and have never (as far as I can remember) had any other sort of hem. This was partly due to my mom trimming my hair and never doing anything else with it. I think soft U looks nice, too, though.

Jo Ann
June 14th, 2018, 09:33 AM
That nice, soft V-shape that fairytales bring! Otherwise, a soft U-shape...

Aredhel
June 14th, 2018, 11:40 AM
My hair naturally fairytales like nobody's business, but I would prefer a perfectly blunt hem... sadly unattainable for me at these lengths.

SallySue
June 14th, 2018, 12:08 PM
I am one of the few who actually hates the term "hemline" because I prefer the look of fairytale ends! Why would you want your hair to look like you hemmed it? Upredictable layers give the hair more movement and mystique. I currently have a V shaped cut with short, blunt layers.

Robi-Bird
June 14th, 2018, 12:21 PM
I live a gradual, layered u. Brings out my waves. I triangle head without a lot of layers.

nycelle
June 14th, 2018, 12:31 PM
I live a gradual, layered u. Brings out my waves. I triangle head without a lot of layers.

Off topic- but your name.. :) We used to have a show here on cable tv that came on like 10 eastern. It was only on Manhattan cable when I was a teen, but I think the reruns on on regular cable these days.
Anyway, the hosts name was Robin Byrd. So when I see your name, I immediately think of her. Google her.. she had quite the show..lol..

Stray_mind
June 14th, 2018, 12:33 PM
A very soft U shape. Especially on wavy hair.

Luna Starsetta
June 14th, 2018, 12:46 PM
I like my current hemline of a deep U. But I honestly want to know what my natural hemline is.

Robi-Bird
June 14th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Off topic- but your name.. :) We used to have a show here on cable tv that came on like 10 eastern. It was only on Manhattan cable when I was a teen, but I think the reruns on on regular cable these days.
Anyway, the hosts name was Robin Byrd. So when I see your name, I immediately think of her. Google her.. she had quite the show..lol..

That's hilarious. My name is Robyn but everyone at my old job called me Robi-Bird so it's stuck. New job people call me Robeena. Very few people actually call me by my name, except family. Which is weird but fine.

Aredhel
June 14th, 2018, 02:37 PM
I am one of the few who actually hates the term "hemline" because I prefer the look of fairytale ends! Why would you want your hair to look like you hemmed it? Upredictable layers give the hair more movement and mystique. I currently have a V shaped cut with short, blunt layers.

Love this! Glad to see there's someone who appreciates the underappreciated fairytale ends. :heartbeat

Lily_white
June 14th, 2018, 02:55 PM
I like a U shaped hemline on myself, at least for now. When I have grown out old layers and damage I'd like to see how my hair fairytales naturally.

Groovy Granny
June 14th, 2018, 03:02 PM
I prefer a blunt soft U hemline; it looks best whether my hair is wurly in dry air or curly in humid air.

Todd
June 14th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Blunt, nice and straight across.

Spikey
June 14th, 2018, 09:31 PM
My hair is curly enough that it doesn't really matter! I think I prefer my curls to be about the same length right now, but once I have hair that's properly long, it can fairy tail if it likes.

JennGalt
June 14th, 2018, 09:59 PM
I prefer fairytale ends. Especially since a blunt hemline tends to look awful on me. And I'm a curly, so I need a V or deep U to prevent triangle-head.

Anastasia Hope
June 14th, 2018, 11:13 PM
i love reading all your comments! I myself like all of them except for a v which i find a little harsh

Milkchocolate
June 14th, 2018, 11:40 PM
I can’t decide! There something about blunt ends that I’ve always loved. I love the uniformity and the symmetry. But currently I have a U shape that I’m enjoying. Round edges add a soft feminine appeal, and I see it as another “curve” on my figure :)

Crystawni
June 15th, 2018, 01:20 AM
do you prefer fairytle or blunt, V shape or U?

I don't have a preference as it depends on the style, length, texture, thickness, colour, climate... all that. I just love the versatility of different hairstyles at lengths from shaved to floor+.

MidnightMoon
June 15th, 2018, 02:24 AM
Straight, or a soft U. I think fairytale ends look good when the hair is in good condition, not stiff or frizzy, and when they happen naturally, like a soft transition where you can't really tell where the hair begins to thin. On wavy and curly hair I prefer softer hemlines because the hair seems to naturally clump or look thinner often.

guska
June 15th, 2018, 02:54 AM
I prefer mine to be straight and blunt, although it actually doesn't suit me :rolleyes:

daisy rei
June 15th, 2018, 09:20 AM
My hair has been straight and blunt my entire life, but I'm curious as to what fairy tale ends would look like on my straight hair. I'm going to avoid trimming it for a few years to see what happens.

TreesOfEternity
June 15th, 2018, 12:09 PM
My hair has become thin over the years so I’m avoiding layers although everyone around me think they look better than a blunt hemline (I really like them on others, just not on my hair).
When my hair is longer I may give it a slight U shape to make it more natural but blunt as well.

Deborah
June 15th, 2018, 03:42 PM
I like blunt, cut either straight across or else with a very slight U shape.

Dark40
June 15th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I love the straight across blunt shape.

melesine
June 15th, 2018, 04:27 PM
looks wise down, I love fairy tale, but functionally and for styling I prefer blunt.

MusicalSpoons
June 16th, 2018, 07:22 AM
For my hair, I prefer a blunt, moderate U shape. Well, as blunt as my ends will allow (i.e., not very!)

On others, whatever works on their hair! I think all types of hemline can be beautiful on different types of hair.

Reyn127
June 16th, 2018, 10:07 AM
On myself in the past, I’ve usually liked the V-shaped hem. I used to regularly do a compact cut like lapushka, cutting across a ponytail on top of the head. But now that my hair is almost classic, it’s laying differently, and the thinner ends are SERIOUSLY fairytailing. I still like the V, but the layers, I have been working extremely slowly (been no-trim for 1.5years now) to get those to reach my hemline.

TatsuOni
June 16th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Straight and blunt.

prairie lark
June 16th, 2018, 03:29 PM
I'd love straight across but I don't think my head is ever going to go along with that. So U it is.

Darian Moone
June 17th, 2018, 12:37 AM
On me I prefer a U shape, either blunt or layered. My preference on that wobbles.

cathair
June 17th, 2018, 07:10 AM
I'll let you know if I ever reach the point where mine has a shape :)

Katsura
June 17th, 2018, 07:16 AM
For me it needs to be straight and blunt to be stronger for growing, because I don't have so much hair. And I'm able to cut it myself so that's good too.

maybeinaforest
June 23rd, 2018, 10:58 PM
Fairytale ends, cause I am way too lazy to cut my hair! :p

Hexen
June 23rd, 2018, 11:06 PM
Blunt.
But it just doesnt ever really happen, because my neglect is way too benign.

....as you can see

Sparklylady82
June 23rd, 2018, 11:56 PM
I would hate to have to choose. I prefer change.

The only thing I haven't tried is fairy tale because my hair is pretty fragile and gets damaged at longer lengths no matter how careful I am. So trim I must.

My thoughts, exactly!
*Sparkly*

ravenheather
June 25th, 2018, 06:33 AM
Fairytale. Especially in wavy/curly hair.

JeniBear
June 25th, 2018, 07:37 AM
I’m currently enjoying a V shaped hemline. I wouldn’t say it’s a sharp V though. I’m only at APL right now so maybe this will change when it gets longer:)