PDA

View Full Version : rogaine users!

sourkitteh
June 12th, 2018, 03:14 AM
Hi!

i had a post a few weeks back about my ongoing hair thinning and how i think it may be AGA. i wont go into it all but im booked to see a doctor to hopefully get a dermatologist referral next week (i think the waiting time for the dermatologist though is 9 weeks at least) ive spent the last week tearful and anxious and all that good stuff until i finally come round to the idea that maybe i should actually try something instead of just trying vitamins and other stuff that hasnt worked in the last year.

so to get to the point! (sorry for the babble)

who uses rogaine? can you offer some advice for a newbie
is the off brand generic version just the same (or very similar?)
what kind is best for long hair, the liquid or the foam?
is it worth starting off with the 2% and then working up to the 5% or just going with the 5% and mybe just applying once a day for the first few weeks/month?

any other advice would be super helpful. thanks :D

lapushka
June 12th, 2018, 07:51 AM
sourkitteh, what is "AGA"?

sourkitteh
June 12th, 2018, 12:44 PM
sourkitteh, what is "AGA"?

Androgenetic alopecia.

lapushka
June 12th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Androgenetic alopecia.

Oh, I thought that was AA, hence my confusion. :o

ravenheather
June 12th, 2018, 05:30 PM
I use Rogaine and have good results. I buy Minoxidil 5% and use it twice a day. I have always used the liquid. It's super easy. I get mine at walmart. Its $6 a month if you buy 3 months at a time. My circumference has increased by a half an inch.I also added nizoral a few weeks ago. Very happy that I tried it.

sourkitteh
June 12th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Oh, I thought that was AA, hence my confusion. :o

Sorry about that, theres so many different terms it does get confusing!

sourkitteh
June 12th, 2018, 05:40 PM
I use Rogaine and have good results. I buy Minoxidil 5% and use it twice a day. I have always used the liquid. It's super easy. I get mine at walmart. Its $6 a month if you buy 3 months at a time. My circumference has increased by a half an inch.I also added nizoral a few weeks ago. Very happy that I tried it.

Wow thats quite the increase! Can i be nosy and ask why you started using minoxidil. Ive geard about the use of nizoral too so i shall be looking into thay as well