PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Is anyone still here from years ago?

joyinc
June 8th, 2018, 07:50 AM
I thought this forum was gone for some reason... i'm glad to see it still here! And my account is still here from years ago!

Is anyone else still around from the very beginning??

ChloeDharma
June 8th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Well I joined in 2004 and lurked long before that so not quite from the beginning but near it.
It has changed a lot since those early days!

lapushka
June 8th, 2018, 08:44 AM
I came along in 2005, so I'm an oldie too. ;)

EdG
June 8th, 2018, 08:56 AM
I joined in 2007, just before the Great Crash of 2008.

In hindsight, I spent too many years lurking when I should have been posting. ;)
Ed

joyinc
June 8th, 2018, 09:01 AM
I think the crash must have been when I left. I thought the site was no more! So nice to see it up and running!

EdG
June 8th, 2018, 09:10 AM
I think the crash must have been when I left. I thought the site was no more! So nice to see it up and running!I recently asked Is LHC the last long hair board? (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=145588)

It turns out, it is. LHC has outlived all of its contemporaries. Stephanie explained that LHC makes a small amount of money, which is a lot better than losing money like the other boards. I am glad that LHC has survived.

Welcome back, joyinc! :)
Ed

lapushka
June 8th, 2018, 09:26 AM
I recently asked Is LHC the last long hair board? (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=145588)

It turns out, it is. LHC has outlived all of its contemporaries. Stephanie explained that LHC makes a small amount of money, which is a lot better than losing money like the other boards. I am glad that LHC has survived.

Ed

I think that's nice! :) For all the effort that's being put in, it is well deserved!

joyinc
June 8th, 2018, 11:24 AM
I recently asked Is LHC the last long hair board? (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=145588)

Ed

Thanks so much!

harpgal
June 8th, 2018, 11:57 AM
I come and go depending how busy I am. I don't have much to say anymore. But it is a real treat to see those of you I remember fondly from the good ole days.

Alun
June 8th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Joined in 2004 AFAIK

harpgal
June 8th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Alun! So far, you win!

Wendyp
June 8th, 2018, 01:09 PM
How do I find my profile from ages ago, i was a hard core lurker waaay long ago but fell off the long hair wagon.

lapushka
June 8th, 2018, 02:32 PM
How do I find my profile from ages ago, i was a hard core lurker waaay long ago but fell off the long hair wagon.

Might want to consult a mod on that, because they only allow one account per lifetime. But if you can't remember, it's not exactly your fault. But still, I would talk to them. You can report your own post for that and they will jump into action for you to help you out!

Mitzy
June 8th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Joined in 2005, I think. Been here and gone and back again. Still not long, gah.

Deborah
June 8th, 2018, 02:43 PM
I have been here since day one, and from the couple of lists from which LHC emerged. It's still a good list after all this time.:flower:

embee
June 8th, 2018, 03:42 PM
2005 here. Some people are gone and I miss them, some are still here, and that's a treat. :)

pili
June 8th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Wow! I've been a long-time lurker, but only joined in 2013. However, is it just me, or does it seem as though we are seeing a lot of old members returning?

Wendyp
June 8th, 2018, 05:34 PM
Might want to consult a mod on that, because they only allow one account per lifetime. But if you can't remember, it's not exactly your fault. But still, I would talk to them. You can report your own post for that and they will jump into action for you to help you out!

im not even sure if I ever posted anything, or i just signed up, or if it was a different long hair site. i looked but i cant find any names that i remember.

going gray
June 8th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone, I’ve been here a long time too 2005, just wish I had left my hair alone & stopped all the chopping.....

Taliesin
June 8th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Joined in 2005 but there have been periods of lurking and out-right absences, but always end up returning :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 8th, 2018, 08:45 PM
I lurked back in 2005 but then joined in 2011.
Is that long enough? Haha

AutobotsAttack
June 8th, 2018, 11:02 PM

Ed

Not really.

There’s the Long Hair Care Forum that’s been up and running since 2005-2006.
A few years after The Long Hair Community, but not by much. It’s still very active.

Most of the riff raff has left, and you do need a subscription now, but that’s it.
It’s dedicated to textured hair resembling mine. Only reason the vast majority of people on here don’t know about LHCF, is because they don’t have textured hair, and have no need to look for a site dedicated to it.

I mentioned this on that exact same thread , but no one particularly cares.

Beckstar
June 8th, 2018, 11:05 PM

Ed

Isn't the Long Haiir Loom still active?

AutobotsAttack
June 8th, 2018, 11:17 PM
Isn't the Long Haiir Loom still active?

I tried joining or clicking on any number of their links. None of the gateways seem to work.

I was actually extremely interested in joining and meeting new people.

Beckstar
June 8th, 2018, 11:51 PM
I tried joining or clicking on any number of their links. None of the gateways seem to work.

actually extremely interested in joining and meeting new people.
Just now I went to the main board, clicked the drop-down menu labeled 'view all messages' and was able to click discussion board, select the hair care board, and there's a 3 bar menu top right. There's an option to log in/registration. I don't remember my login information from years ago so I may need to create a new profile. It probably got purged.

AutobotsAttack
June 8th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Just now I went to the main board, clicked the drop-down menu labeled 'view all messages' and was able to click discussion board, select the hair care board, and there's a 3 bar menu top right. There's an option to log in/registration. I don't remember my login information from years ago so I may need to create a new profile. It probably got purged.

Oh okay. I got promoted with to. Message54.com type thing. I guess it’s a different server. But thanks!

Beckstar
June 9th, 2018, 12:02 AM
Oh okay. I got promoted with to. Message54.com type thing. I guess it’s a different server. But thanks!

I got that message too when I was clicking on other links. I just kept playing around and discovered how to get on. There's new messages posted today.

AutobotsAttack
June 9th, 2018, 12:05 AM
I got that message too when I was clicking on other links. I just kept playing around and discovered how to get on. There's new messages posted today.

Oooooooooo! Yay!

Beatnik Guy
June 9th, 2018, 04:36 AM
Yes, from the very start. That's 15 years? :eek:
(And, then from LHL, TLHS and HB before then). :cheese:

ETA: I'm member 144 (the number in your profile url), so some folks got here before me. ;)

Messyhair
June 9th, 2018, 07:22 AM
I joined in 2004. Can't stop messing with my hair or I would have quite the mane by now.

EdG
June 9th, 2018, 07:50 AM
There’s the Long Hair Care Forum that’s been up and running since 2005-2006.
A few years after The Long Hair Community, but not by much. It’s still very active.

Isn't the Long Haiir Loom still active?MLHH is still up even though it receives essentially no traffic. I wouldn't expect the other boards to come close to LHC in terms of traffic.
Ed

Dark40
June 9th, 2018, 03:41 PM
I joined in 2010. So, I'm an oldie too. I haven't been here since the beginning but I've lurked around since before 2010.

Cake
June 9th, 2018, 06:03 PM
I never get to forget this place even if I spent years whitout logging in.

I love the vibe of TLHC and I've been lurking lately, so maybe my next post doesn't take another ten years from now. :lol:

hennared
June 9th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Joined in 2007... was lurking a good bit before then. So I guess I am an 'old timer', even though I have come and gone and returned, over the years!

AutobotsAttack
June 9th, 2018, 10:31 PM
MLHH is still up even though it receives essentially no traffic. I wouldn't expect the other boards to come close to LHC in terms of traffic.
Ed

LHCF and TLHC get roughly the same amount of online users daily. It can give or take depending. Even right as I type this there’s about 260 online viewers on LHCF and 149 or so users on here. And that number goes back and forth between these two sites throughout the days.You’re more than welcome to check and do the calculations yourself and observe the fluctuations, but they’re still in the same range.
But I’m gonna leave this alone.

There’s other older and active sites too you know, with just as much traffic as this one. And they’re both equally unique and beautiful in their own ways. And I’m happy I get to be apart of both.

This isn’t a competition.

CrowningGlory
June 10th, 2018, 12:32 AM

I was actually extremely interested in joining and meeting new people.

The Long Hair Loom has recently moved from Network54 to Tapatalk so it looks different but old login names and passwords should, in theory, still work. However, a number of years ago, there was some kind of "crash" and a lot of people had to reset their usernames and passwords. Fox is still the owner/administrator.

I'm not sure if I can post links here but when I did a Google search it came up and appeared to work.

I found The Long Hair Loom and The Long Hair Community back in 2006. I think I joined soon after. So I guess that makes me almost an "oldie" even if I rarely post.

EdG
June 10th, 2018, 08:29 AM
LHCF and TLHC get roughly the same amount of online users daily. It can give or take depending. Even right as I type this there’s about 260 online viewers on LHCF and 149 or so users on here. And that number goes back and forth between these two sites throughout the days.You’re more than welcome to check and do the calculations yourself and observe the fluctuations, but they’re still in the same range.
But I’m gonna leave this alone.

There’s other older and active sites too you know, with just as much traffic as this one. And they’re both equally unique and beautiful in their own ways. And I’m happy I get to be apart of both.

This isn’t a competition.You know much more about LHCF than i do.

The thing to recognize about the boards is that they are not just the owner's hobbies. They are businesses. A good analogy would be that LHC and LHCF are like mom-and-pop restaurants, each offering their own unique cuisines.

Do they compete against each other? Probably not.

Do they compete against McFacebook? You becha. :)

I am happy to give my business to LHC. ;)
Ed

harpgal
June 10th, 2018, 11:49 AM
I am happy to give my business to LHC. ;)
Ed
I agree, Ed. Facebook just isn't my cup o' tea. Too many security problems there.

EdG
June 10th, 2018, 12:43 PM
I agree, Ed. Facebook just isn't my cup o' tea. Too many security problems there.Facebook is the Evil Empire. :luke: Google, Amazon, and Microsoft are not far behind.

All of these companies are building secret databases of information about their users. :shudder:

LHC is orders of magnitude short of the resources needed to do that. :)
Ed

embee
June 10th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Agreed, I'm tired of being a product for some company. :)

trolleypup
June 10th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Rookie from 2006

chrissy-b
June 14th, 2018, 09:43 AM
ETA: I'm member 144 (the number in your profile url), so some folks got here before me. ;)

That's cool! I didn't know that. I'm member 12,268 from 2007. Barely post, but still lurk quite a bit.

lapushka
June 14th, 2018, 10:03 AM
I think I might be member 3102, back from 2005. LOL! I post like a mad-woman. :happydance:

Hairizona
June 15th, 2018, 09:08 AM
I joined in fall of 2005 after a round of short hair for the third time ever; growing from 19.5 inches of layered post-bleached-then dyed plus post extensions that made me look like a rat gnawed off my hair and left circles of scalp showing. This forum was a life/hair saver for me, and I will always be grateful for being able to read the stories and input here- even though I have a quiet presence here.

Flaxen
June 16th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Member #26 from 2003 (and Net54 and LHL in 2002) checking in! :waving:

It is so good to see names from so long ago. If anyone else is out there, please say hello! :heart:

Eta: 75,000 members? :bigeyes:

DweamGoiL
June 16th, 2018, 07:16 PM
Yes, from the very start. That's 15 years? :eek:
(And, then from LHL, TLHS and HB before then). :cheese:

I never noticed the profile numbers before. I am 128. I also came over from network54 and LHL. I remember holding out a little bit before signing up. I didn't want to take sides between Jennifer and Stephanie. I then left in 2004 for a few years after having a baby and cutting my hair to CBL. I found my way back around 2008 or so.

FrayedFire
June 16th, 2018, 08:24 PM
I'm 81492, but I read this forum for years and years before I ever made an account, as my join date is April 2017, and I defintely was lurking back in 2012. :3

school of fish
June 16th, 2018, 11:44 PM
I don't qualify, but I have actually been a fairly faithful lurker since around maybe 2005/2006 ;) Loving seeing some of the longtime members emerging to say hi!

Darian Moone
June 17th, 2018, 12:16 AM
Since May, 2005; member number 2401: :)

pyroliske
June 17th, 2018, 08:20 AM
I’ve been here since 2009, but lurked for year or so before that. I’m not around so much these days, but glad to see it’s all still here. I stupidly chopped all my hair off in 2015 and then had a hair disaster in 2016 which resulted in several cuts to my hair healthy again, but I’m on track to grow my hair again now, so I’m back.

truepeacenik
June 17th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Rookie from 2006

Also from 2006.

renia22
June 17th, 2018, 09:30 AM
Same here, 2006..

TheLuckyLurker
June 17th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Does 2009 count? I don't post much (see the username), but I've been here every day since I signed up.

Teazel
June 17th, 2018, 08:41 PM
September 2004 here, member number 895. LHC seemed well-established when I joined, so I don't feel like one of the old guard.

mira-chan
June 17th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Member since 2005 but pretty much didn't post/lurked until 2006. I remember posting my introduction post at about the same time as trolleypup joined the forum. Member number 1242 and as Teazel says, the forum already seemed pretty big and established then.

FrayedFire
June 18th, 2018, 03:14 AM
I wish I'd known about this forum back in 2006 - I probably would have gone straight to henna instead of hair-dye when I was in high school and I might have had floor-length hair by now XD

Siv
June 18th, 2018, 03:31 AM
I thought this page (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/memberlist.php?order=asc&sort=joindate&pp=30) on the forums was pretty cool - seems no one beats Stephanie unsurprisingly ;)

Liv
June 18th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Joined May 2005.

Shorty89
June 18th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Where do you see your membership number?

trolleypup
June 18th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Where do you see your membership number?
The URL of your user name includes your number. If your browser may show the URL when you hover over your user name, or if you click on your username, the URL shows up. "https ://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=9974" is you!

xsampa
June 19th, 2018, 03:29 AM
Originally from 2014.

Shorty89
June 19th, 2018, 03:26 PM
The URL of your user name includes your number. If your browser may show the URL when you hover over your user name, or if you click on your username, the URL shows up. "https ://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=9974" is you!

Then it looks like I'm member #9974

Kat-Rinnè Naido
June 20th, 2018, 12:02 AM

Wow thank you for this piece of information.

I'm member number 77625.

Shield31
June 23rd, 2018, 05:25 AM
I'll also check in and say hi to all the old timers :-) For some reason, unknown to me at least, LHC thread updates started showing up in my e-mail again. Right out of the blue. After joining in 2005 I had hoped to grow and keep my long hair until I was called home. Oh well.... It didn't happen. My daughter had 1 request for her wedding: "Please cut your hair to walk me down the aisle". So I did take it all off. And haven't looked back here very often. Once in a while I'd stop in to check on friends. But me? All is well. Still a short hair and I don't see me growing it long again. So, glad to stop in and say hi! Nice thread. Good idea. TTFN!

Carolyn
June 23rd, 2018, 06:21 AM
I joined February 17, 2003. I believe that was the day after Stephanie opened LHC.

SapphiraSilver
June 23rd, 2018, 06:58 AM
Been here since 2010.

lapushka
June 23rd, 2018, 08:28 AM
I joined February 17, 2003. I believe that was the day after Stephanie opened LHC.

Boy that's early all right! :D

longinthehair
June 23rd, 2018, 03:34 PM
Hey hey hey...joined March 2006.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 23rd, 2018, 03:40 PM
I haven't been here that long - only since 2012....

Othala
July 1st, 2018, 06:08 PM
I joined in 2008.

faerielady
July 1st, 2018, 08:32 PM
Here then gone then back and yeah. Wish I hadn't cut, am starting all over.

Catarina
July 1st, 2018, 10:06 PM
I joined in 2005 and had a little over 600 posts. I learned a lot about hair care, but years later it just got too bizarre with people not even posting about hair care, so I left.

Islandgrrl
July 1st, 2018, 11:05 PM
I joined in 2007 after lurking close to 2 years. I'm not around as often as I used to be because...life.

Agnes Hannah
July 5th, 2018, 01:49 PM
I joined in September 2013, so a newbie then......

Arctic
July 5th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Joined 2007, so not quite one of the pioners. :) I have been on and off over the years, but it's aways nice to visit after a longer hiatus. Often the forum manages to lure me back in too, ha ha!

Zindell
July 6th, 2018, 02:12 AM
Joined in 2007. :)

spitfire511
July 9th, 2018, 12:19 PM
WOW - it's SO cool to see some of your faces! (or backs of your heads!) I'm 2010 - but lurked for probably 2 years before that... and I still feel like that makes me a noob! :D

Gaelic Girl
July 9th, 2018, 01:38 PM
2007. Holy Dinah...time has sure flown!:eye:

ReadingRenee
July 10th, 2018, 09:46 PM
I lurked for at least a year before I joined and before that there was some kind of long hair message board that had some kind of drama on it, not sure what that one was called. There was a member that wrote long hair stories? That was in 2002 and maybe 2003. But yeah I joined officially in Dec 2005.

GeoJ
July 10th, 2018, 11:35 PM
I joined in 2009, I know I lurked first, but I can’t remember for how long. I disappeared for a while after too much of my hair fell out from health problems (it was upsetting to be reminded of my hair at that time). My hair is finally seeming to grow normally again so I’m back.

Kajol
July 17th, 2018, 05:55 AM
I joined 2005, been lurking a while before that. Was active for some time, than not and than active again. Apparently my last post was 2009. Just logged in today to see what the board is like nowadays.

ETA: My pics are sooo not accurate anymore.

Jim
July 17th, 2018, 10:35 AM
2003 for me. Member 83 I think. And I was on the previous version too. I don’t get in as much anymore, but still check in from time to time.

Jim

kitcatsmeow
July 17th, 2018, 12:05 PM
I’ve been here a while! 2008. I have taken breaks here and there. Nice to recognize some names

Aredhel77
July 18th, 2018, 04:40 AM
I joined in 2010 I think. I mostly lurk these days. My profile information really needs an update now - my routine & hair length have changed (Hip!:cheese:)

I am still as scissor-happy as I ever was, so probably would have reached a much longer length if I could have just left it alone ;)

missmelaniem
July 18th, 2018, 06:47 AM
The Long Hair Loom has recently moved from Network54 to Tapatalk so it looks different but old login names and passwords should, in theory, still work. However, a number of years ago, there was some kind of "crash" and a lot of people had to reset their usernames and passwords. Fox is still the owner/administrator.

I'm not sure if I can post links here but when I did a Google search it came up and appeared to work.

I found The Long Hair Loom and The Long Hair Community back in 2006. I think I joined soon after. So I guess that makes me almost an "oldie" even if I rarely post.

This is how I use Long Hair Loom. I have Tapatalk on my phone.

Been here on LHC for a long time. I kinda miss the early days of this board especially the journaling threads. Still love it here and when I search for long hair advice on Google, this place almost always comes up

hanne jensen
July 20th, 2018, 11:58 AM
I joined in 2009. I don't post much anymore nor am I as obsessed with my hair as I used to be. I have however managed to grow to hip length and am still growing.

Stagecoach
July 20th, 2018, 04:53 PM
I'm still here!

jojo
July 21st, 2018, 06:52 AM
I lurk but have not been active for many years. I shaved off my hair from hip nearly 3 years ago and I am just passing apl now. Nice to see some old familiar names.

Messyhair
August 13th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Another 6-12 months for me to hit APL. Sigh.