PDA

View Full Version : Result with pic - first day with curly girl method

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 11:07 AM
My first curly girl method picture, following all rules with no sulphates or silicones. Would you say I am a full 2a here?

Update- I washed again today with devacurl wavy hair products, and scrunched big time. This is the result.

Picture looks better than it actually is. I’m not too happy. My hemline looks better without scrunching. Thoughts?

Updated again, most of my waves fell out by evening, I’m back to 1c/2a.

lapushka
June 6th, 2018, 11:22 AM
SeRe, you can't full style on curly girl and then do a hairtyping picture. A hairtyping picture is S/C and let dry without scrunching or touching or combing or the like.

So I'm not going to type here because it would be a false result.

It does plump up your wave pattern a bit, so I think you got the hang of it!

nycelle
June 6th, 2018, 11:25 AM
I don't think Sere is asking to be hair typed? Just if it looks like 2a hair? But I could be wrong...

I can't say for sure though. Your ends look wavy to me (2a) but the rest maybe still a 1c? Either way, it looks very pretty.

nycelle
June 6th, 2018, 11:26 AM
duplicate post

MoonRabbit
June 6th, 2018, 11:30 AM
I don't think Sere is asking to be hair typed? Just if it looks like 2a hair? But I could be wrong...

I can't say for sure though. Your ends look wavy to me (2a) but the rest maybe still a 1c? Either way, it looks very pretty.

Yeah from the other thread. I think SeRe is just trying something new to up the waves. Not trying to do a natural hair type.

I agree that your ends are in the 2s but the rest of your hair is still on the straighter side. But the lighting might be off for me.

littlestarface
June 6th, 2018, 11:33 AM
SeRe, you can't full style on curly girl and then do a hairtyping picture. A hairtyping picture is S/C and let dry without scrunching or touching or combing or the like.

Sheesh calm down she's just asking if after doing CG is it more 2a.

SeRe its getting close and after 6months of CG your hair will most likely wave up more, just keep scrunching and shake and rake method.

cjk
June 6th, 2018, 12:31 PM
One thing I've learned since going curly girl is that the change in routine does not necessarily produce its final results immediately.

Your hair is lovely. But if our positions were reversed I would suggest sticking with it for a few months and seeing just how developed those curls really get.

My own results have been progressive and really quite remarkable.

lapushka
June 6th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Sounded like a question to hairtype to me. :shrug:

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 03:26 PM

This is not a hairtyping question, I’ve already done that, but I can do another one if you like. This picture is just to get your feedback on whether my routine is working.

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 03:27 PM

Thank you so much. Maybe the routine has started working, I’ll stick to it and post another picture soon.

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Yeah from the other thread. I think SeRe is just trying something new to up the waves. Not trying to do a natural hair type.

I agree that your ends are in the 2s but the rest of your hair is still on the straighter side. But the lighting might be off for me.

Sorry about the lighting. Atleast my ends are more in the straight 2 category, it gives me some hope. Thanks for your response.

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Sheesh calm down she's just asking if after doing CG is it more 2a.

SeRe its getting close and after 6months of CG your hair will most likely wave up more, just keep scrunching and shake and rake method.

Thanks for the motivation. I didn’t scrunch much as I’m afraid to do so but I did rake and shake. I’ll post my progress again.

Can you share details about your journey?

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 03:31 PM
One thing I've learned since going curly girl is that the change in routine does not necessarily produce its final results immediately.

Your hair is lovely. But if our positions were reversed I would suggest sticking with it for a few months and seeing just how developed those curls really get.

My own results have been progressive and really quite remarkable.

Thank you. I woke up early to do this today, hope it pays off. I would like to know more about your experience and results with CG

lapushka
June 6th, 2018, 03:45 PM
This is not a hairtyping question, I’ve already done that, but I can do another one if you like. This picture is just to get your feedback on whether my routine is working.

Ah OK, sorry for the misunderstanding then. :o I must have misread.

I'd say the routine is paying off! :D I would consider that a boost up from 1c/2a to 2a.

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Ah OK, sorry for the misunderstanding then. :o I must have misread.

I'd say the routine is paying off! :D I would consider that a boost up from 1c/2a to 2a.

No worries, please don’t apologize! Thank you. I’m still afraid to scrunch. Also, I didn’t have my devacurl products today. I’ll post again on Friday.

Folks at work still said my hair was straight with the ends being wavy as it usually is. I woke up 30 min early for the new routine. Let’s see how it goes. If it fails I’ll just live with my 1c/2a hair that behaves as it likes.

cjk
June 6th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Thank you. I woke up early to do this today, hope it pays off. I would like to know more about your experience and results with CG

I'm a fairly active poster who has documented his journey on this site. I'll put together an album, though, to show you my progression. This is the last two months, or so...think Easter.

Of course everyone's hair is different, and yours is FAR longer than mine. But I'm growing and my curls are getting increasingly assertive.

https://imgur.com/a/2Qm9LTp

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 10:51 PM
I'm a fairly active poster who has documented his journey on this site. I'll put together an album, though, to show you my progression. This is the last two months, or so...think Easter.

Of course everyone's hair is different, and yours is FAR longer than mine. But I'm growing and my curls are getting increasingly assertive.

https://imgur.com/a/2Qm9LTp

Thank you, you have nice hair. However, my hair texture is very different, yours seems to be curlier than mine. However, like you said, the results are very impressive. I will try to stick to this routine!

Beckstar
June 6th, 2018, 10:51 PM
I'm not good with anything in the 2s. But I just want to say your hair is gorgeous.

daisy rei
June 6th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Without the CG method would you say your hair is closer to 1c? I'm really impressed by how wavy it is! My dream would be to make my stick-straight hair somehow magically curly.

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 10:55 PM
I'm not good with anything in the 2s. But I just want to say your hair is gorgeous.

Thank you, you are too kind :-) :D This is very motivating to me.

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Without the CG method would you say your hair is closer to 1c? I'm really impressed by how wavy it is! My dream would be to make my stick-straight hair somehow magically curly.

Thank you. Without CG, my hair is almost straight with silicones, sometimes the ends are wavy. It depends from day to day to be honest, my hair seems to have a mind of its own.

Straight hair is so beautiful too, why would you want to change it?

cjk
June 6th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Thank you, you have nice hair. However, my hair texture is very different, yours seems to be curlier than mine. However, like you said, the results are very impressive. I will try to stick to this routine!

They're not all from a single day. Look at the earlier pictures and, while I did start with a more pronounced wave than you, it wasn't ANYTHING like what I've got now. I went from wavy tips to full blown ringlet curls when I started caring for my hair differently.

The curls manifested over a period of 2 months, I think, and are still getting stronger. That's my point. You just finished your first day and already see a change. That speaks volumes.

SeRe
June 6th, 2018, 11:02 PM
They're not all from a single day. Look at the earlier pictures and, while I did start with a more pronounced wave than you, it wasn't ANYTHING like what I've got now. I went from wavy tips to full blown ringlet curls when I started caring for my hair differently.

The curls manifested over a period of 2 months, I think, and are still getting stronger. That's my point. You just finished your first day and already see a change. That speaks volumes.

Absolutely, it's such a transformation! What's your length goal?

At short lengths, my hair is almost straight, the ends just flip out a bit, even with curly girl. I tried this a few years ago. It wasn't curly girl per say but I used Indian herbs for washing and conditioning, and no silicones, so many be it's kind of curly girl?

Last year, my long TBL hair was pin straight, with ends wavy. This year it started getting more wavy, then suddenly stopped being wavy, and now I see some waves appearing. It's difficult to keep track, it does what it wants. I won't be surprised if its fully straight tomorrow or even 2 months after CG, LOL. I'm just having fun trying to control it.

cjk
June 6th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Absolutely, it's such a transformation! What's your length goal?

At short lengths, my hair is almost straight, the ends just flip out a bit, even with curly girl. I tried this a few years ago. It wasn't curly girl per say but I used Indian herbs for washing and conditioning, and no silicones, so many be it's kind of curly girl?

Last year, my long TBL hair was pin straight, with ends wavy. This year it started getting more wavy, then suddenly stopped being wavy, and now I see some waves appearing. It's difficult to keep track, it does what it wants. I won't be surprised if its fully straight tomorrow or even 2 months after CG, LOL. I'm just having fun trying to control it.

For me it seems to be an issue of moisture. CG compliant conditioners have done wonders. And, as the hair grows longer *in the natural shape* the curls are becoming increasingly robust. I'm not sure the canopy will ever recover but I've learned to work with it.

I don't actually have a length goal. I noticed some thinning on top so I figured, while I've got my hair, I should grow it. Never had long hair before. Pompadour for most of my life, and flattop when medication gave me a bald spot. Hide in plain sight. The hair grew back but thinner and with a different texture on top.

Just gonna' let it grow. I joined the no trim 2017 last year and did great. Grew from razored slick. And my membership in no trim 2018 is still going strong.

So long as I can continue to look intentional, groomed, I don't see a problem with the increased length.

littlestarface
June 7th, 2018, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the motivation. I didn’t scrunch much as I’m afraid to do so but I did rake and shake. I’ll post my progress again.

Can you share details about your journey?

Why are you scared to scrunch?

For me doing the rake and shake plus scrunching has really helped me. I used to have hair that was straighter as well but I kept on scrunching shaking and using better products for my hair and it pays off in the end. Even after a few days my hair is still wavy not like before where it would go so stringy and flat. I been doing this for a year now and its gotten so much wurlier.

GrowlingCupcake
June 7th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Your ends are super flippy! I didn't see your before picture so I can't tell how much wavier you may have gotten but it looks good.

This half makes me want to give the CG method a try but... lazy xD

Dendra
June 7th, 2018, 01:25 PM
I would say you are a 2a here, yes, the brightness isn't too much of an issue for me so I can see the full on S-waves you have going on. Congratulations!

SeRe
June 8th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Just updated a new pic in the original post. Hope everyone can see.

ravenskey
June 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
The URL is there SeRe but it's not a clickable link.

Also your hair is gorgeous.

lapushka
June 8th, 2018, 02:48 PM
My first curly girl method picture, following all rules with no sulphates or silicones. Would you say I am a full 2a here?

https://imgur.com/a/IQXpv27

Update- I washed again today with devacurl wavy hair products, and scrunched big time. This is the result.

https://imgur.com/a/RUAjbD5

Picture looks better than it actually is. I’m not too happy. My hemline looks better without scrunching. Thoughts?

I fixed the link!

It looks nice. :) When you scrunch you can't expect your hair to behave the way it does when it's straighter. Straighter hair hangs "together" more, while wavy hair can be all over the place!

Lady Stardust
June 8th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! There’s nothing wrong with the hemline, it’s just hanging in locks now.

SeRe
June 8th, 2018, 06:41 PM
The URL is there SeRe but it's not a clickable link.

Also your hair is gorgeous.

Thank you, all my waves fell out though in a few hours

SeRe
June 8th, 2018, 06:42 PM
I fixed the link!

It looks nice. :) When you scrunch you can't expect your hair to behave the way it does when it's straighter. Straighter hair hangs "together" more, while wavy hair can be all over the place!

Thank you, I updated, my waves fell out, guess the mousse could not hold all day.

SeRe
June 8th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! There’s nothing wrong with the hemline, it’s just hanging in locks now.

Thank you, this is how my hair used to look when I was a child, but it lost the locks.

Anyway, the waves in the body of my hair fell out by evening.