PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend me some good drug store conditioners in the UK?

Equestrianchic
June 3rd, 2018, 09:17 AM
Hola, I'm back with another conditioner question :)
So my usual conditioner is expensive, which runs out within a couple of washes, I just assumed drug store brands were bad for hair, which isn't true. So I'm interested in experimenting with some new brands and products!
I have wavy and slightly dry hair if that helps😊
Thanks!

Equestrianchic
June 3rd, 2018, 09:22 AM
Oh I also should have mentioned I don't mind if it contains silicones :) ❤️

chomsky
June 3rd, 2018, 09:28 AM
Superdrug own brand are a good price and really good. My favourite is avocado oil and Manuka honey. Superdrug's own are my hair staples. :o

They've got loads of different types for different hair needs too.

MusicalSpoons
June 3rd, 2018, 10:16 AM
I'm about to try a silicone-free Superdrug one when my current bottle runs out, but I have heard good things about them. Sainsbury's, too. Or you can go to somewhere like Poundland or Savers to try different ones pretty cheaply. Herbal Essences or Garnier Ultimate Blends are slightly more expensive than typical own-brand ones but are often on offer, and many on here seem to really like them. Aussie might be another good one to try too.

Equestrianchic
June 3rd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Ooo sounds great I'll definitely give it a try! ��

Equestrianchic
June 3rd, 2018, 10:28 AM
I'm about to try a silicone-free Superdrug one when my current bottle runs out, but I have heard good things about them. Sainsbury's, too. Or you can go to somewhere like Poundland or Savers to try different ones pretty cheaply. Herbal Essences or Garnier Ultimate Blends are slightly more expensive than typical own-brand ones but are often on offer, and many on here seem to really like them. Aussie might be another good one to try too.

Yeah I was thinking herbal essences, heard good things on here! I was originally using a conditioner from Christophe Robin which was around £30 including postage and considering it runs out so quickly im probably better off with a cheaper one�� good luck trying your new conditioner!

Dark40
June 3rd, 2018, 04:29 PM
I would recommend Pantene Pro-V or Alberto VO5 conditioners.

Lady Stardust
June 3rd, 2018, 04:42 PM
I like the Noughty shampoos and conditioners which are available in Superdrug (but only the larger stores) or online. It’s often on offer which is good because full price is £7.

Equestrianchic
June 4th, 2018, 04:16 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies I'm off to superdrug today to go and the some of the ones mentioned here! :)

lapushka
June 4th, 2018, 06:09 AM
I think just about any conditioner will do. If you have dry lengths though, I would go with ones for dry and damaged hair. Not because it is damaged or anything, but because those conditioners are the most moisturizing on the market.

If you have easily weighed down hair, of course, don't do this.

Equestrianchic
June 4th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Superdrug own brand are a good price and really good. My favourite is avocado oil and Manuka honey. Superdrug's own are my hair staples. :o

They've got loads of different types for different hair needs too.

I tried the avocado oil and mankuna honey conditioner and I'm so impressed!! I can't believe I've been spending so much on conditioner when the cheaper ones work even better! Thank you so much for the recommendation and thank you everyone else too I appreciate it ill definitely be trying them all!

lapushka
June 4th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Yep, you never know until you try. I have discovered plenty of conditioners that are nice. Nothing beats my HE Hello Hydration so far, though, though some of them come close, like the Garnier Whole Blends / Ultimate Blends (in the UK) olive one, and the Schwarzkopf white bottle. Those are nice too!

Lady Stardust
June 4th, 2018, 09:40 AM
I haven’t used Superdrug own brand shampoo and conditioner but I use their own brand skincare, it’s great stuff. I’ve tried expensive brands too but their line for sensitive skin suits me better than anything else. They’re animal friendly too and label whether items are suitable for vegans and/or vegetarians.

lapushka
June 4th, 2018, 10:25 AM
I haven’t used Superdrug own brand shampoo and conditioner but I use their own brand skincare, it’s great stuff. I’ve tried expensive brands too but their line for sensitive skin suits me better than anything else. They’re animal friendly too and label whether items are suitable for vegans and/or vegetarians.

Seems like a nice brand!

I am not afraid to try own brands as well. Kruidvat is a drugstore in Belgium & The Netherlands, and I have tried their herbal shampoo (it's in my product use up list for the year). It was very nice!

I also have used plenty of Aldi & Lidl own brand things (especially skin care in Aldi), and I am now using their hyaluronic acid (on promo) moisturizers and dropper bottle - a m a z i n g!

Yep, I'm not afraid of "own brands". They are often done well!

chomsky
June 4th, 2018, 11:32 AM
I tried the avocado oil and mankuna honey conditioner and I'm so impressed!! I can't believe I've been spending so much on conditioner when the cheaper ones work even better! Thank you so much for the recommendation and thank you everyone else too I appreciate it ill definitely be trying them all!

No problem, I'm glad you like it! :o