PDA

View Full Version : Hair musts.

Julescarm
June 2nd, 2018, 10:52 PM
What are some things you cannot live with out having or doing for your hair?
Mine would be, I cannot live without my BBB, TT, oiling, self-detangling, (had a friend try to rip through my hair and I taught her about detangling first) and sleep cap and hair toys, especially on a hot day.
Long list, but hey..
:) *shrug*

Hairkay
June 3rd, 2018, 02:55 AM
It would be very difficult to manage my hair without water. DIY hair masks helps keep the hair ends from drying out too much thus preserving my hair length. Keeping it mostly in plaits/braids ensures maintenance is easy.

lapushka
June 3rd, 2018, 04:02 AM
- Tangle Teezer (dupe)
- Wet Brush (dupe)
- WCC / ROO / LOC-LCO (my washing method)
- Giant microfiber towels (bathtowels folded in half lengthwise and sewn shut at one end)
- My 2-prong hair forks

That's about it.

ravenskey
June 3rd, 2018, 04:22 AM
Oiling, braiding, and a wide toothed comb - particularly the first 2.

lapushka
June 3rd, 2018, 04:58 AM
And then of course... all of my products. :lol:

Simsy
June 3rd, 2018, 05:16 AM
Hair forks, Argan Oil, wooden comb...shampoo and conditioner run a close 2nd on the list.

TreesOfEternity
June 3rd, 2018, 06:37 AM
Hmm won’t list my whole routine but musts are protective styles, DTs and dry hair oiling.

Chiquita Banana
June 3rd, 2018, 08:03 AM
Water, shampoo and conditioner, a waterproof hair stick, oil for day 3 or 4, a tie to hold my hair when braided. And probably my turbie twist.

JeniBear
June 3rd, 2018, 08:17 AM
Hmm...my shampoo and conditioner, hair oil, and my trusty old t shirt for drying. Currently looking for a good quality sleep cap.

Taliesin
June 3rd, 2018, 08:48 AM
I thought of this in the context of what I NEED when travelling: Conditioner, argan oil, and a wide tooth comb which I guess all have the basic theme of "detangling"! Other things I can do without for a limited period of time.

Aredhel
June 3rd, 2018, 09:02 AM
I'd have to say shampoo & conditioner are the two most important things. My leave-ins and salves I could probably get away with not using, but only if I have my detangling spray (and a comb to detangle with). So.... shampoo, conditioner, detangler and a comb would be my main items that my hair can't do without.

pili
June 3rd, 2018, 09:25 AM
Shampoo bar (CV Soapnuts)
ACV rinse
wood comb (pre-wash detangle)
KCKT
Sweet almond, Avocado, Argan oil
Olive oil deep treatments.
Turbie Twist
Satin pillowcase
Braids
Hair sticks/forks

I've found this is my HG combo. As long as I do this my scalp and hair are happy.

ETA: And LHC. Or I would never have learned any of this and I would have chopped out of frustration.

MusicalSpoons
June 3rd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Wooden comb
Satin sleep cap (or satin scarf in a pinch ... something satiny for sleeping anyway!)
Water
Sulphate-, silicone- and protein-free mild shampoo and conditioner
Oil for rinse-out oil method (sweet almond or MO)
A hair fork
Buns!

And, as pili said above, LHC. I never got past TBL with raggedy ends before I found LHC and hair-friendly toys used in protective styles. That's what started me off on being able to grow longer.

MoonRabbit
June 3rd, 2018, 10:30 AM
Just shampoo and conditioner.

littlestarface
June 3rd, 2018, 10:38 AM
Musts have to be

Really sharp hair scissors
wet brush
black seed oil, olive oil
shampoo and conditioners lots of conditioners.
leave ins

Groovy Granny
June 3rd, 2018, 09:50 PM
Conditioner ~ Vented Wet Brush ~ Biosilk Lite Serum ~ ONN turned stick

lakhesis
June 3rd, 2018, 10:19 PM
For a trip few weeks ago I only packed wooden comb, small bottle of jojoba oil for the ends, scrunchie plus satin scarf for sleeping and a hair-friendly tie for a braid :) if the trip was longer, I would also take shampoo and silicone free conditioner. Aaand I also 'need' scissors for SD, (hair) vitamins, boar bristle brush, satin bedding, microfiber towel, scalp massager, heat cap, sticks and forks, ACV, selection of oils, hair masks ... :D

Lanalavallama
June 4th, 2018, 12:29 AM
Conditioner, deep conditioner, maybe an oil, finger detangling and a sharp pair of hair scissors.

Oh, and bentonite clay.

Wendyp
June 4th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Right now it’s FRW, I keep a batch going all the time.

Wendyp
June 4th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Oh yeah need to add nightbloomings oils. That’s a stable too..and her sanarae to color grey. Outside of my routine I think that’s it.

Jo Ann
June 4th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Patience.

Patience to let it grow. Patience to give new products and routines a chance. Patience to follow the Two-Week Rule.

C_Bookworm
June 4th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Shampoo, conditioner (my hair isn’t picky about brands), detangler, wet brush, sharp scissors, acrylic hairstick, hair tie, henna and indigo.

daisy rei
June 4th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Hmm, before LHC my hair musts were laziness and a wide tooth comb. :p

The opinion that calling and making a salon appointment was the biggest pain in the *** is what allowed my hair to reach its current length.

And after LHC, I have yet to see what they are!

Guitargod
June 4th, 2018, 03:01 PM
Shampoo, conditioner, hair stick, brush and / or a wide-toothed comb is pretty much what I need. Longer term also a pair of scissors but I can go without for a while of course.

Katrina
June 4th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Wide tooth wooden comb, shampoo, coconut oil, Ketylo hairsticks and a 2-prong hair fork.

toastmouse
June 4th, 2018, 03:34 PM
BBB, sulfate shampoo, conditioner, scissors, sun hat

EdG
June 4th, 2018, 06:31 PM
A wide-tooth wooden comb is a must-have.
Ed

AutobotsAttack
June 4th, 2018, 06:37 PM
•No combs or brushes (fingers only)
•Deep conditioner
•Hair stick
•Satin scarf
•Something to cleanse my scalp only with

nycelle
June 4th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Shampoo, conditioner, WTC, and sleep cap. 1

SeRe
June 5th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Ayurvedic hair oil, shampoo, leave-in conditioner, comb, henna, hair stick (thanks to LHC), bobby pins, scrunchies, ACV.

JennGalt
June 5th, 2018, 12:33 PM
My medium tooth comb, coconut milk and henna, an oil or two (at least one ust be heavier/sealing), hair fork, white vinegar, SM shampoo, cone-free conditioner with protein or ingredients to make some. And my microfiber pillowcase.

njrb
June 5th, 2018, 05:44 PM
As listed by many others I'd definitely need my wide tooth comb, argan oil, shampoo/conditioner, and some means of putting it up, probably a few hair ties since I'm more of a braid and ponytail person.

Reyn127
June 5th, 2018, 06:57 PM
For me, it's hair sticks and argan oil. Hair sticks have made all the difference in putting my hair up damage-free, and the argan oil definitely makes my hair easier to comb through, for someone who isn't using silicones.

trolleypup
June 5th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Hair stick, slide clip, fine toothed comb...in that order

Cybercat
June 6th, 2018, 01:59 PM
I keep it simple. My good base shampoo and conditioner and vented brush. Hair tye and a hair stick.

Dark40
June 6th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Conditioner, oil, detangling spray, leave-in conditioner, brush, comb, and deep conditioner.

enting
June 12th, 2018, 01:11 PM
I have a lot of either/or items. I can't make do if I don't have any of them, but I do not need them all at the same time.

Absolute musts:
water
wide toothed comb
something to put my hair up with safely
something to wrap my hair in for protection against the elements
sharp trimming scissors and a hairsafe scrunchie or ribbon (for trims)

Exchangeable musts:
shampoo or soap
vinegar and almond oil or conditioner

Agabeth
June 12th, 2018, 03:45 PM
My boar bristle wet brush :D

Katem
June 13th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Conditioner and wooden brush ;)

H o n є y ❤
June 13th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Something with slip whether it be gel, creme, conditioner, etc

hennalove
June 13th, 2018, 08:52 PM
What are some things you cannot live with out having or doing for your hair?
Mine would be, I cannot live without my BBB, TT, oiling, self-detangling, (had a friend try to rip through my hair and I taught her about detangling first) and sleep cap and hair toys, especially on a hot day.
Long list, but hey..
:) *shrug*

My number one must have is henna followed by other herbs :) Oh and I have a favourite hair stick that is right up there as a must have.

Luna Starsetta
June 13th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Must haves Tools are: shampoo curry, my old brush I use to detangel, large microfiber towel, silk sleepy cap, and cloth hairties, spray bottle.

Must have products: jbco, shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, coconut oil, and my 2 stylers.

Must do: detangel in shower with condish, scrunching with microfiber towel. Popping. Loc meothod. Water so i can refreash my curls! MUST SLEEP IN PINAPPLE WITH SILK CAP ON!

That's a lot of things I always do.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
June 14th, 2018, 12:01 AM
I would say water, my deep treatments, ascorbic acid, oils, cream and wooden comb. I finger comb daily but must use my wooden comb once a week. Actually all of the others are a once a week requirement must.

Anastasia Hope
June 14th, 2018, 03:17 AM
shampoo, conditioner, ties, detangler, bristle brush

Anastasia Hope
June 14th, 2018, 03:18 AM
oh and my hair turban and scarves!

Joules
June 14th, 2018, 03:48 AM
Tangle Teezer, Invisibobble hair elastics, old cotton sleeping gown to wrap my hair after washing.

Oils! Olive, grapeseed and castor are staples (extra virgin oils for cooking from my local grocery shop, no cosmetic bs). I'm experimenting with other oils, but those three are a must. I always oil my hair before washing it with a shampoo, sometimes it's a heavy treatment when I put so much oil into my hair it's literally dripping, sometimes it's a light oiling only on ends.

Gentle sulfate-free shampoo and cone-free conditioner. There are only a few brands available here in Russia that fit those requirements, so I don't experiment much in this department.

R&B from Lush.

The LCO method after washing.

Vitamin supplements because my diet is horrendous.

Hair scissors and self-trimming.

Oh, and protective styling. I never wear my hair loose, it's always in a braid or a bun.

lottiealice
June 14th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Tangle Teezer
American Cream (Lush) Conditioner
New (Lush) Shampoo Bar
Monistat
Non-Kink Hair Ties (for braids)
Hairdressing Scissors (for S&D, I get my fringe trimmed for £4 at Supercuts every three weeks)