PDA

View Full Version : Ingredients in this hair mask?

Equestrianchic
May 31st, 2018, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and still trying to learn more about the ingredients in hair products :)
I ran out of my usual Silicone free conditioner, but I really needed to wash my hair so I rediscovered a hair mask I bought and just forgot about, it actually made my hair feel really nice and I was just wondering if there's any ingredients in here that could potentially be harmful for my hair?

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether, Isopropyl Myristate, Amodimethicone/Morpholinomethyl -Silsesquioxane -Co-polymer, Quaternium-91, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dime-thi-cone, Betaine, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Trideceth-5, Silk Amino Acids,-Toco--phe-rylAcetate, Panthenol, Ceteareth-20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed -Vegetable Protein PG-propyl Silanetriol, Polyquaternium-53, Ethylhexyl Methoxy-cinnamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Lactic Acid

nycelle
May 31st, 2018, 01:32 PM
Balmain Repair mask?

It contains a few different silicones. I don't think it's a big deal, but if you're silicone free, that may bother you.

lapushka
May 31st, 2018, 04:39 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and still trying to learn more about the ingredients in hair products :)
I ran out of my usual Silicone free conditioner, but I really needed to wash my hair so I rediscovered a hair mask I bought and just forgot about, it actually made my hair feel really nice and I was just wondering if there's any ingredients in here that could potentially be harmful for my hair?

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether, Isopropyl Myristate, Amodimethicone/Morpholinomethyl -Silsesquioxane -Co-polymer, Quaternium-91, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dime-thi-cone, Betaine, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Trideceth-5, Silk Amino Acids,-Toco--phe-rylAcetate, Panthenol, Ceteareth-20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed -Vegetable Protein PG-propyl Silanetriol, Polyquaternium-53, Ethylhexyl Methoxy-cinnamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-10, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Lactic Acid

First of all, with anything that's on the market, there is no such thing as "harmful ingredients" - in anything.

I do see silicones in there, which might not be ideal if you are silicone-free, but if not, go for it! Glycerin is high up the list too, which may not be ideal if you're a curly or wavy in a humid climate.

MusicalSpoons
May 31st, 2018, 06:16 PM
A fellow Angle! Hi! :waving:

Like lapushka says, there are some silicones so something to be aware of if you usually avoid silicones. Also some polyquats (polyquarternium- xyz) can build up, so again something to be aware of if you were to use it regularly. But no, nothing harmful and actually quite a few helpful ingredients in there, with argan oil, shea butter, conditioning alcohols, silk amino acids, etc. :)

Equestrianchic
June 3rd, 2018, 09:23 AM
Thank you for the replies everyone!! ❤️❤️❤️X