PDA

View Full Version : Blunt or fairy tail.

Julescarm
May 28th, 2018, 11:43 PM
Blunt or fairy tail ends, Which one do you prefer?
I've tried trimming my hair and though it doesn't grow extraordinarily fast, I've had noticed after a week it would lose its shape. That's part of why I stopped hair cuts two and a half years ago. I don't mind my fairy tail ends and dusted the ends while they were soaking wet after washing. I was considering evening the edge after getting to thigh or knee which is a few years still. Havnt made up my mind and am not wholly convinced it would be worth it to prevent fairy tail ends. S&D has been good so far.

AutobotsAttack
May 28th, 2018, 11:52 PM
I like fairytale ends simply because I have kinky coily hair and one way or another you really wouldn’t be able to tell if I had a blunt cut anyways in its natural state. I choose to straighten it at this current time and I still don’t mind the fairytale ends. If you never took any shears to your hair in any form or fashion your hair would taper regardless. Guess I’m just not caring enough to clean cut my ends lol.

AutobotsAttack
May 28th, 2018, 11:53 PM
Double post.

Katsura
May 28th, 2018, 11:54 PM
I try to keep my hemline blunt just because my hair isn't very thick and doesn't feel very strong. I suspect I'll have a better chance to grow long this way.

Lady Stardust
May 29th, 2018, 01:56 AM
I try to keep my hemline blunt just because my hair isn't very thick and doesn't feel very strong. I suspect I'll have a better chance to grow long this way.

I’m the same, I go for strength in numbers. A blunt hemline makes my hair look thicker too.

pailin
May 29th, 2018, 03:56 AM
I think it's more common for straighter haired people to prefer blunt ends, and wavier or curly to prefer fairytaled. I'm just wavy, not curly, but at shorter lengths I still get a certain amount of triangle head, so I tend to steer away from blunt ends. Also the taper is not as noticeable when I wear it down, because I get some little ringlets - I'm not sure I'd have them with blunt ends. Beyond that, I think it depends how you like to wear your hair. Blunter ends and less taper are nice for braids, but no one can tell if it's in a bun, and thinner ends tuck well.

Sora Rose
May 29th, 2018, 04:52 AM
I prefer blunt, though I've got a bit of fairytale going on right now because of old mechanical damage. My hair is mostly straight, which probably contributes, but I think the real reason I prefer it is because my mother always said fairytale ends looked terrible on me and would give me a trim if she saw a fairytale happening.:patrol:

embee
May 29th, 2018, 05:01 AM
I wear my hair up and found fairytale ends are much easier to tuck in.

If I wore my hair down probably would prefer nicely trimmed as I think it looks better on straight hair.

lapushka
May 29th, 2018, 05:42 AM
I've tried trimming my hair and though it doesn't grow extraordinarily fast, I've had noticed after a week it would lose its shape. That's part of why I stopped hair cuts two and a half years ago. I don't mind my fairy tail ends and dusted the ends while they were soaking wet after washing. I was considering evening the edge after getting to thigh or knee which is a few years still. Havnt made up my mind and am not wholly convinced it would be worth it to prevent fairy tail ends. S&D has been good so far.

Hair can lay differently moment to moment, so if you check, better to check again later on, or on a different day. There's a thread on it too:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=145752

I actually purposefully layer my hair so I have a "fake" taper going on. From (almost) waist to (almost) classic.

Astrid Carlisle
May 29th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Even though I have a lot of hair, and its thick and kind of wavy, I prefer it to be blunt. I seem to look less of a lion then.

Elizabeth E
May 29th, 2018, 06:53 AM
My hair fairytales as it grows out, but it's not wavy enough that you don't notice it.
I like the look of a blunt hemline, though. I'm just leaving it to grow now, with S&D when necessary, but I'm thinking about doing a proper trim once I reach CL. My last trim was a U-shaped hemline, so I agree with Lapushka about 'fake' taper. I'd like to get it all nice and straight and then see how my natural taper is.

*Wednesday*
May 29th, 2018, 06:54 AM
Healthy ends that are blunt or fairy can look nice either way. Just a matter of preference. Thick heavy hair always looks nice with a blunt hemline. Fairy ends if the ends are not somewhat healthy can show hair damage the most if it exists. If the hair has damaged ends and not cut, it grows tatty ended, not fairy ended. Tatty ends are mostly broken and uneven hemlines that needs an honest trim not only for aesthetic reasons but for hair health. In that case, a blunt hemline would look much better until the damage grows out. The ends need to be considered in my observation.

daisy rei
May 29th, 2018, 07:00 AM
i agree with whoever said that fairy tale ends look better on people with thicker, wavier hair. i personally think my fine, thin straight hair would looked ragged and much thinner with fairy tale ends, but girls with curls look like fairy maidens!

it's all just personal preference, i suppose.

spidermom
May 29th, 2018, 07:03 AM
I like a defined hem, but I've seen some really pretty fairy tale ends.

Kibrah
May 29th, 2018, 08:01 AM
I prefer my hair with a blunt hem. It's a bit fine and thin so seems to just look better and healthier that way.

Glitch
May 29th, 2018, 08:02 AM
For me it depends from person to person :) I’ve seen stunning fairy tail ends on here, including on long thinner hair, and it looks very flowy, dainty and pretty :o I also love seeing blunt, straight across hemlines (which is what I prefer on myself).

pili
May 29th, 2018, 08:11 AM
I think I prefer a blunt hem. I've seen beautiful fairytail ends, but I know my layered ends annoy me.

eresh
May 29th, 2018, 08:14 AM
I wear my hair up and found fairytale ends are much easier to tuck in.

If I wore my hair down probably would prefer nicely trimmed as I think it looks better on straight hair.

Exactly this, for tucking in with buns fairytale ends are very good.
I just had a blunt cut and now my ends keep floppping out of the bun LOL
But I wanted to wear my hair down a bit more and thought blunt ends look better on my straight hair.

nycelle
May 29th, 2018, 09:16 AM
On my myself I prefer a blunt, soft, U hemline.

On others it depends on their hair, length, health, style.. etc. In other words, I can't really say these days.

MoonRabbit
May 29th, 2018, 10:37 AM
I'm working on getting a blunt hemline now. But I think I will want some fairy tail ends past classic.

Glitch
May 29th, 2018, 10:56 AM
I'm working on getting a blunt hemline now. But I think I will want some fairy tail ends past classic.

I love fairy tail ends on very long lengths :crush:

Dark40
May 29th, 2018, 04:02 PM
I try to keep my hemline as blunt as I can. It looks thicker that way.

Wendyp
May 29th, 2018, 05:07 PM
My hair only grows into a fairy tale no matter how hard I try the blunt cut thing, so I’m not trying anymore. I learned the hard way not to fight the true nature of my hair. We’re both happier that way. Lol

ccrsy
May 29th, 2018, 05:52 PM
I love Fairy Tail so much... I keep asking for it to be cut with a taper and keep ending up with it still largely u-shaped. I get the impression stylists tend away from the Fairy Tail.

JennGalt
May 29th, 2018, 07:39 PM
I like fairytale ends. My shrinkage is pretty unevenly distributed over my entire head, so a blunt cut can still look fairytaley or even ragged on me. Unless it's due to a significant chop, which results in a severe case of triangle head.

Carolyn
May 29th, 2018, 07:50 PM
I like my hair with a blunt cut. Straight across with no U shape. I'm at hip now and am not planning to go longer than this. I am probably going back to waist soon. Looking forward to a nice thick blunt cut again. I do understand liking fairy tale ends for tucking in to a bun.

pili
May 29th, 2018, 10:29 PM
I love Fairy Tail so much... I keep asking for it to be cut with a taper and keep ending up with it still largely u-shaped. I get the impression stylists tend away from the Fairy Tail.

I don't think stylist know what taper means. To them, fairy tale ends would just be ragged. If you like a taper, just stop going to the stylist and start S&D. You'll eventually end up with the taper you want.

Alissalocks
May 30th, 2018, 12:41 AM
Stick straight hair and trending slowly towards a blunt-fairy (?) :laugh: True fairy tale looks ragged on me, even with S&D, so a little blunt and shaping helps me a lot. Not much though, onward we go!

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 30th, 2018, 01:00 AM
I personally prefer a blunt cut. My hair tapers a lot though, naturally.

ravenskey
May 30th, 2018, 03:01 AM
I love how fairy tail ends look on others but I tend to wear my hair in plaits so blunt is best for me - I have a U hem at the moment and even that is annoying.

Groovy Granny
May 30th, 2018, 12:46 PM
I have a blunt soft U cut and between the cut and my wispy silver, there is no issue with tucking ends into buns.
Thankfully my ends don't look thin or ragged; even a just a monthly dusting keeps it in great shape :flower:

yahirwaO.o
May 30th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Long, Straight and Fine= Blunt cut makes it look happy, full and grows healthy!!!

This is my mantra and works wonders for me. :o After years of seeing some many versions of extreme mullet short layers from the 00's its quite good to see some people working the healthy look again.

Currently I have some framing bits and while I like it, the heaviness in the front gives cute the impression of having fuller hair which is just fine for me! :P

Milady_DeWinter
May 31st, 2018, 01:47 AM
I prefer a bunt hemline much better. I'm growing out layers, so it'll take some time for me to reach it :p

Astrid Carlisle
May 31st, 2018, 02:22 AM
I prefer a bunt hemline much better. I'm growing out layers, so it'll take some time for me to reach it :p

To be honest, that's probably the exact reason why I am more drawn to having a blunt hemline- I had layers for years and growing them out became a nightmare. So u or v hemline brings me back to feeling like I still try to grow them out, because stylists wouldn't cut me a complete blunt hemline because they said it wouldn't blend well with my layers. And once I grew out my hair a bit past shoulder, almost no layers existing, and went to a hairdresser, asked to cut it blunt so it's definitely all the same... she cut me layers and cut off half of my hair, because 'its more flowy, and will sit better that way and your ends all need to be cut off' -.-

Joules
May 31st, 2018, 02:30 AM
Blunt!

Since joining LHC I've been slowly getting into the idea of fairytale ends though, I have to deal with fairytale on my own head, so starting to like it is great. Still, I hope the thickness will eventually grow to match the length.

Fimu
August 6th, 2020, 07:22 AM
Now I want to make my ends more blunt to reduce the gap in the middle of my hemline and I like to emphasize the high density at hip length. However, if I'm able to grow back my hair towards classic with improved health in my ends and my hemline stays even, then I probably wouldn't mind fairytale ends.

Bat
August 6th, 2020, 07:55 AM
blunt cut but in a way that it doesn't look like you've just gone to a hairdresser, maybe a slight U would be nice

Bri-Chan
August 6th, 2020, 10:18 AM
It depends. Blunt on straight hair and fairy tail on wavy or curly hair. On me, something in the middle. Maybe a U/light V shape.

Kathie
August 6th, 2020, 03:18 PM
I've always preferred a taper on my own hair. But I really appreciate both blunt and fairytale ends on other people.

eyesofsummer
August 6th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Fairytale! I like some taper and shorter pieces that curl more freely. I agree that there does seem to be trends for straight hair versus wavy and curly hair. If I had a blunt hemline, no one could really tell anyway :o

elise.autumn
August 6th, 2020, 07:51 PM
I like fairytale on my wurly, curly texture. I think it looks soft and still shows the bottom curls without looking chopped. It's also low maintenance.

Note that as a result of natural fairytaling over 4 years, I have a very strong taper. I do know this might bother some.

0xalis
August 6th, 2020, 11:56 PM
Blunt on myself, on others I like either!! My preference might change with length though, who knows!

SnowSpot
August 7th, 2020, 12:17 AM
On my own thin and soft hair, I like the ends blunt. It creates some structure to them. In reality they only look blunt and even when I’ve brushed them totally sleek and flat from top to bottom, and I usually don’t like to actually wear them like that. So because I tend to poof the roots a bit, I end up with uneven ends anyway. :D

Jools69
August 7th, 2020, 01:31 AM
I prefer blunt ends, which would give my ends a more thicker look, since I have thin hair. At the moment, I’m still growing out layers and love the feel of the thickness of my hair as they catch up, especially when braiding my hair. That’s not to say fairy tails don’t look nice. They have a lovely wurly texture about them, especially for the much longer lengths.

Lucy McLucyFace
August 7th, 2020, 02:30 AM
I've always had blunt ends when I don't have layers but now after almost a year of no trimming it's starting to fairytail and I just think it looks so beautiful and natural. I'm enjoying it more than my usual heavy hemline that just looks like it stops abruptly

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2020, 02:51 AM
I prefer a blunt cut on straight hair, but fairy tale ends on wavy hair aesthetically. I also feel like certain styles are easier to do with hair that is a bit tappered towards the ends.

Begemot
August 7th, 2020, 04:23 AM
Quite recently I realized that I really love the look of braided fairy tale ends, how they thin out more or less (someone's picture here converted me in a second LOL!). Like many others have mentioned here, I love fairy tale ends on wavy and curly textures. But my hair is straight and I prefer blunt ends when hair is loose so I try to keep my own hemline blunt.

MusicalSpoons
August 7th, 2020, 03:35 PM
For my own hair I would prefer the look of a blunt, soft U, but at this length I don't have a choice - it's fairytale or nothing :lol: but the taper makes for stable buns so it's not all bad.

On other people's hair, I think the only thing I find less aesthetically appealing is a completely straight across blunt hemline before a certain length (usually around classic) because it can look a little abrupt to me. That's not to say I'd ever look at hair with such a hemline and not like it, just if asked for my opinion, my own preference is for a little shaping. Though beyond classic I think it looks just fine anyway ... so basically, whatever :shrug:

Edit: Lucy McLucyFace I hope you don't mind me saying, but your avatar appears to be a perfect example of what I mean about a little shaping at the sides of an otherwise straight across hemline :crush: maybe it could also be described as a flat U shape? What do you call it? (It is *exactly* what I wanted when my hair was shorter but could never communicate to my hairdresser what I meant about the shaping! So I always ended up with it completely straight across instead.)

cm006j
August 7th, 2020, 07:03 PM
I prefer blunt but I have fairytale because I prioritize length over everything lol. Someday I’ll start getting it blunt and even

illicitlizard
August 7th, 2020, 11:37 PM
Yes. Either works great, interesting to see how people generally like fairytale ends on more textured hair. Have to agree that sometimes straight hair looks a little less healthy with fairytale ends, my caveat being this only applies if the hair is longhair-short, like waist length. Once you get to longer hair I reckon it doesn't matter as much.

I like getting my hair cut straight across, will probably try a soft U shape once I gain some length. We'll see if I let it fairytale in the future (just love the feeling of fresh cut ends though).

squirrrel
August 8th, 2020, 01:55 AM
I find the range of views here interesting. I had never thought of layers, v or u hems as being part of fairytale hair. I do prefer a straight across cut, and enjoy what that looks like when it fairytales. I think that s&d without micro trimming leads to fairytales. I will say, for my own hair, it was when it started to get thinner, and more likely to fairytale that the hairdresser thought it needed cut off to. Um, yeah, no!

ynne
August 8th, 2020, 12:08 PM
Oh, I understood fairytale ends as naturally tapering!

I don't have a specific preference on myself yet. I guess I don't really like the look of a fresh, completely straight blunt cut, especially on straight hair past shoulders. To me, it feels kind of like a line across the back, so I prefer how the other options (U/V or fairytale ends) soften it up. :)

Lucy McLucyFace
August 8th, 2020, 01:24 PM
Edit: Lucy McLucyFace I hope you don't mind me saying, but your avatar appears to be a perfect example of what I mean about a little shaping at the sides of an otherwise straight across hemline :crush: maybe it could also be described as a flat U shape? What do you call it? (It is *exactly* what I wanted when my hair was shorter but could never communicate to my hairdresser what I meant about the shaping! So I always ended up with it completely straight across instead.)

Sorry I can't be of much help here :( I have been going to the same salon for probably 10 years and all I do is say how much I want cut off, I never described a shape to my hairdresser. She just does whatever she understand is best and this is a very standard shape around here.

Edit: from what I can gather she just makes it have the same length all around and when it lays on my back it looks slightly U shaped

Todd
August 8th, 2020, 04:02 PM
I prefer blunt, as if it was cut following a straightedge. I'm surprised I hadn't already posted in this thread!

One nice thing about blunt ends, is it makes it easier to notice when it's grown longer. Or maybe that's just me.

Feral_
August 8th, 2020, 04:37 PM
I’ve always liked fairy tail ends. They’re easier for buns and more attractive for braids as I think they look more natural. And there are no straight lines in nature.

Pouncequick
August 8th, 2020, 04:55 PM
I've just accepted my hair will be fairy tailed for the foreseeable future. I don't think it looks bad even if my hair is usually on the straight side. I am not currently interested in growing past classic so it will probably become more blunt over time. I'll probably maintain a u shaped hemline at that point.

Vacurlylady
August 8th, 2020, 05:48 PM
I love fairy tail ends! Especially since I have curly, wavy hair. I do love fresh ends on straight hair too tho! I just LOVE long hair. 🥰

zashin66
August 8th, 2020, 06:26 PM
I am pretty much headed for fairy tale ends because I can't beat to cut it.

rapunzelna
August 9th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Zashin66 if my hair was like yours I wouldn’t cut it either! Great progress.

Alexandrina
August 9th, 2020, 10:52 PM
I like blunt across better, it makes it look so much thicker.
But maybe I just like it better because mine is pretty fairy tailed, and I wish it was thicker lol, who knows.

On other people tho, both can look nice I've seen.

sipnsun
August 10th, 2020, 06:16 AM
I prefer blunt ends on myself because I'm fine, thin and straight but if my hair were curly, I would definitely have fairytale ends!

Kat
August 10th, 2020, 06:35 AM
Depends. On me, fairytale ends just look like my hair is thin. I prefer the look of a blunt cut. But, a blunt cut makes for a lot messier "styles"... pieces pulling out of braids, ends flopping out of buns, etc. It has finally occurred to me: since I almost never wear my hair down or in a ponytail, I'm not sure why I insist so much on having my hair at a length/cut that I prefer the look of when down, rather than the handling when pulled back...

Hellebore
August 10th, 2020, 08:04 AM
I prefer fairytale ends on my fine hair, so I usually do a v-shaped trim using Feye's method for a faux fairytale :)

Briar.Rose
August 10th, 2020, 08:50 AM
I love my hair in layers, I like to cut my own even if they aren’t perfect makes me feel like a fairy :p

ioanaxena
August 10th, 2020, 10:02 AM
I have very thin and straight hair so blunt ends suit me better.

melindalucy
February 5th, 2021, 05:16 AM
I've tried trimming my hair and though it doesn't grow extraordinarily fast, I've had noticed after a week it would lose its shape. That's part of why I stopped hair cuts two and a half years ago. I don't mind, (https://hairstyle-en.com/coily-hair-ideas-for-women-hairstyles-2021-sympathetic-natural-coily-hair/) my fairy tail ends and dusted the ends while they were soaking wet after washing. I was considering evening the edge after getting to thigh or knee which is a few years still. Havnt made up my mind and am not wholly convinced it would be worth it to prevent fairy tail ends. S&D has been good so far.

ou have a far better gauge of what your result will be if you cut hair when it’s straight. It’s the only way to guarantee that you’re cutting in a straight horizontal line so that the client will have an even length all around, especially if the curls are kinky/uneven.

Depending on how curly your hair is, it may still be too curly when wet to achieve this. Blowing it out straight allows the hairdresser to have an even surface to work with for accuracy, without having to constantly comb through to compare edges.

Bat
February 5th, 2021, 05:29 AM
I've probably posted here before I think I'd like blunt cut until it gets to hip and then let it natrually Tapper a bit, I think fairytale on classic length+ hair lovely

Feral_
February 5th, 2021, 06:03 AM
Definitely fairy tale. It’s how hair would end up (ha pun!) naturally anyway. On myself I prefer a taper. Also I think it depends on the texture of the hair, poker straight sleek hair can look amazing with blunt ends.. wavy hair not so much, in my humble opinion.

tekla
February 5th, 2021, 07:24 AM
I prefer blunt ends on myself.

GordonMurphella
February 5th, 2021, 08:27 AM
I cut blunt, because I'm also very fine but I have a lot of hair. I'm also a little wierd, though ... I usually trim once a year and then my growth pattern gives me a natural, slightly fairy-tale v, which I love. Of course I have to wait out the v :) which I kind of hate.

Ok, I'm babbling. I love wavy fairy-tale ends, so many beautiful heads of them here on LHC.

foreveryours
February 5th, 2021, 10:57 AM
Straight hair here and fighting it's futile. It basically does what it wants to so it's fairytale ends for me.

GrowinIt
February 5th, 2021, 11:08 AM
As a wavy, fairy-tale ends work best for me, I couldn't have blunt ends unless I straightened it anyways, which I never do =). The only time I ever have blunt ends is if I go to a salon, which is pretty rare.

Finda
February 5th, 2021, 11:13 AM
I think I prefer fairy tail ends on long hair when the hair tapers out somewhat symmetrically.

bparnell75
February 5th, 2021, 11:21 AM
Fairy tale because I never wear it down and the taper helps me tuck ends under the buns.

JasminxCat
February 5th, 2021, 05:07 PM
I prefer fairy tale ends on long WL+ hair. I think some taper would make it easier to brush through

Death-Within-Me
February 5th, 2021, 08:23 PM
If I had red, blonde, honey colored Caucasian hair that was wavy/curly and looked like I came out of Grimm's Fairytale book, then I would love fairytale ends.

Be that as it may, I have fine, straight-ish Asian hair that tapers and thins out as it reaches hips so I'm working on a blunt hemline so that it looks healthier and more full.

pisinoe
February 5th, 2021, 08:33 PM
Blunt for sure!

The-Young-Maid
February 6th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Blunt always. Its a tactile preference. Makes my hair look neater too.

Jools69
February 7th, 2021, 07:07 AM
I prefer blunt. Although layering may give my hair more ‘body’ and movement around my head, it sacrifices any thickness on the lower lengths.

BuddhaBelle
February 7th, 2021, 11:18 AM
I've got blunt ends at the moment but I don't think I'll lose length to save them. My biggest paint at the moment is that I cannot get my ends to stay in a bun, instead, they flick out everywhere.

lapushka
February 7th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Well, I think I'm a bit in between. I like taper. Hence my layers (those are artificial in my signature). I also often interchange my layer cutting (every season) with Feye's, when it grows quicker than I can keep up with.

JasminxCat
February 7th, 2021, 06:44 PM
I've got blunt ends at the moment but I don't think I'll lose length to save them. My biggest paint at the moment is that I cannot get my ends to stay in a bun, instead, they flick out everywhere.

Not sure but maybe asking your stylist to remove some of the bulk on the ends might help. That's what I always ask for, blunt but some bulk removed only at the ends

I think once I reach TBL, if my hair doesn't naturally start to taper on its own which I'm sure it probably will, I'll get some soft layering done from MBL down

irsviel
February 7th, 2021, 07:16 PM
Blunt for me. All the growing started from a long sassoon (I don't know if such a thing exists, I guess it's just a bob). I have some layers now but I don't like it.

knobbly
February 7th, 2021, 10:30 PM
My hair is dense and thick so when I had a V shaped hemline, braids looked awful because either big chunks would pop out or I’d have weird choppy long tails. I’ve mostly grown out the V, now it’s more of a soft U, but I’m looking forward to my natural taper helping braids look less abrupt and bun ends tuck in easier.

Excited to just grow and not worry about my hemline at all over the next year or so. Once I get to CL or longer I’ll see if I want to be specific about my hemline or if I just want to continue to see where simply S&Ding gets me.

0xalis
February 8th, 2021, 12:55 AM
Ideally I'd prefer to have no taper until classic, and then allow it to fairytale from there. I have no idea if that's possible with my hair, but we'll just have to wait and find out!

BuddhaBelle
February 8th, 2021, 03:20 AM
Not sure but maybe asking your stylist to remove some of the bulk on the ends might help. That's what I always ask for, blunt but some bulk removed only at the ends

I think once I reach TBL, if my hair doesn't naturally start to taper on its own which I'm sure it probably will, I'll get some soft layering done from MBL down

I might do that once hair dresser re-open! I'm having to manage all on my own at the moment hehe

wishy
February 8th, 2021, 08:57 AM
I prefer fairy tail on anything around BSL or longer personally.

mariakatija
February 8th, 2021, 10:20 AM
I like both! I'm stuck with blunt ends sadly. Layers annoy me too much and I think my terminal length is longer than I would ever get close to. But who knows...

FTE on curly hair is just dreamy I must say!

Kwolf248Mane
February 8th, 2021, 01:59 PM
I like blunt for short hair and fairytail from waist hair and longer

WavyWannabe
February 9th, 2021, 04:01 AM
On others I love both. Especially curly fairytale ends. But any texture and taper amount can look gorgeous in my opinion.

On myself it's a different story. At the beginning of the year I took a length shot and was horrified to see my thin ends.
Now I've settled down a bit and realized that if I like the look of thinner and tapered ends on others, there's no reason why I should be bothered by mine. :)

However I'm planning to grow longer and before that I'd like to get thicker ends.
Not a perfectly blunt hemline, that would take forever and may be impossible anyway.
But I still want a tangible, non-negligible mass of hair to be at tailbone before resuming growth. I wouldn't feel comfortable growing only the racers.

ipickee
February 9th, 2021, 11:58 AM
I like fairy tale. The loose ends make it easier (for me) to tuck the ends when I'm doing a bun, which I do pretty much every day when my hair is long enough.

FrayedFire
April 5th, 2021, 10:37 PM
Fairy tail, for sure. Blunt looks... artificial, and somehow uneven.

Bri-Chan
April 6th, 2021, 01:16 AM
*ignore this post*

sapphire-o
April 6th, 2021, 02:42 AM
Fairy tail for me. I don't have a choice anyway. If I want blunt I would not have very long hair. It's been 14 years since I joined and I wasn't exactly old then. I tried and tried and my hair could not grow past 38" or so. I expect I'll have to settle for even shorter hair as I age. I admit that after each haircut I love the more blunt hemline, but it only last a month or so before it gets layered again.

Belgrade Beauty
April 6th, 2021, 03:57 AM
I prefer blunt in U share... unfortunately I don’t think it’s in my cards...

Bugg
April 6th, 2021, 04:01 AM
I prefer blunt on myself as I find fairy tail makes my fine hair look thin, I'm trying to make it look thicker .. I think fairy tail looks really nice on others though :)
Maybe if I hit TBL with a decent blunt end thickness I'll let it grow fairy tail from there ..

ccsdg
April 6th, 2021, 06:57 AM
My current lazy option: Blunt trim of the whole fistful of hair that results in such a slant to one end that it kinda looks fairytale anyway in a braid?

Bat
April 6th, 2021, 07:29 AM
Not sure what I replied with before but I think now I'd like blunt until APL and let it fairy tail for a while if I keep my mullet, I think super long mullets look better with it tapered/ fairy tail ends, if I grew my hair all one length however id like it softly blunt ish

Eastbound&Down
April 6th, 2021, 11:07 AM
My current lazy option: Blunt trim of the whole fistful of hair that results in such a slant to one end that it kinda looks fairytale anyway in a braid?

I like your style lol I'm also a lazy trimmer, not really concerned about uneven ends, can't really tell with my waves anyway.

Isilme
April 6th, 2021, 01:05 PM
I might have answered a long time ago but I like both. Not super fairytale thin ends but a nice layered cut looks pretty, but a really blunt thick hemline is also nice while it's fresh. Although blunt hemlines are harder to put up in an updo.

Brittny
April 6th, 2021, 06:37 PM
I had knee length fairytail ends but decided to get a blunt end trim to get rid of some split ends, I kind of regret it because I love the look of fairytail ends but I also love how my hair feel better than before the trim

NaïaTheWitch
November 10th, 2021, 04:17 PM
I love fairy tail ends simply because I’m such i big fan of fantasy. But clearly my hair ends do look a lot better with a fuller hem line. To have a softer aspect i trim in a soft U shape. Like a compromise ;)

Pouncequick
November 10th, 2021, 07:50 PM
I think I like something in between. I've never loved blunt, straight across cuts on myself but if I let the fairy tail ends get out of control then it looks awful on me. I like softer hemlines that are rounded with taper but still a bit thick. I know I would like mine to thicken up a bit but that requires maintaining which I seem to be allergic to.

rapunzelna
November 10th, 2021, 07:58 PM
I used to keep it blunt but that was getting a bit hard to maintain at age 65, so liking my fairytale ends which reach my thigh.

Bat
November 11th, 2021, 04:31 AM
I was s big fan of blunt ends but then I kept focusing on keeping it straight edge blunt. This time round I'm letting it fairy tail, even though I take Daily length shots I'm letting it do its thing and trying to be more relaxed in thr new journey since most is fully virgin for a change ( if you ignore the top layer that is xD)

memeow
November 11th, 2021, 08:08 AM
I’m probably shooting for something in the middle. I have fine hair that’s also not very thick so I’m never going to have a really thick blunt hemline even if I wanted it. But since my hair is so wispy and the ends get thin I don’t think letting it fairytale too much looks good, and I tend to get a lot of split ends and am not really sure how maintenance would work without trimming some.

So for myself I’m going to keep microtrimming and eventually maintain for a while, but the goal is more to minimize splits than to get a truly blunt hemline.

On other people I love both and it really depends on the hair and the rest of the look which one I’d prefer. Lots to appreciate about both!

blushy
November 11th, 2021, 08:37 AM
Blunt! I’m obsessed with a thick blunt hemline :o
I recently big chopped super blunt to my neck and it’s so thick it’s almost hard to manage…but I LOVE the way it grows out!
Really hoping I can take care of these thick ends as it grows out :o

Potauvert
November 11th, 2021, 08:41 AM
Blunt ! I chopped more of 20cm in june from tailbone to waist length just because my hair gets thinning. Now my hemline is good and I hope to reach hip length with the same good hemline :)

ipickee
November 11th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Both are gorgeous, IMO. For my own head o' hair, as it gets longer, fairytale is much more to my liking. Growing up, my cousin had a GORGEOUS blond head of hair with an extremely blunt hemline that looked just incredible. Her hair was very straight though, and mine has a lot of natural wave/borderline curl.

Wendyp
November 11th, 2021, 04:43 PM
My hair just won't grow blunt but with my new routine and products we'll see if I can get there!

mermaid lullaby
November 13th, 2021, 06:53 AM
I've never been able to get fairytale ends. Oh well, blunt it is!

Diana Prince
November 13th, 2021, 07:51 AM
Blunt on shorter lengths and a bit more fairytailed when longer (WL+). I find completely blunt ends do not look so good with longer hair, it looks like it's missing a part of the length, a bit of taper looks amazing (and can be easily created with a U or V shaped hemline).

Aunt Rapunzel
November 13th, 2021, 09:39 AM
I enjoy a blunt cut on my hair. I like the weight of it. I do think that fairytale ends can look quite lovely on many hair types, but on my hair the blunt cut looks better.

Ylva
November 13th, 2021, 12:00 PM
Blunt on shorter lengths and a bit more fairytailed when longer (WL+). I find completely blunt ends do not look so good with longer hair, it looks like it's missing a part of the length, a bit of taper looks amazing (and can be easily created with a U or V shaped hemline).

I was just thinking about this the other day and noticed that my hemline preference seems to strongly correlate with length. The longer the hair, the more "logical" fairytale ends look. If I cut my hair up to, say, collarbone (which is actually something I briefly dreamt of lately - it would look so nice!), I would definitely opt for the thickest possible hemline, but would not want thick ends at knee, for example.

Of course, that's not to say that there's anything wrong with fairytale ends at shorter lengths either, or that they can't look nice, because they definitely can and do.

cinamio
November 13th, 2021, 04:28 PM
With the length I’m at now, I prefer blunt ends. But, whenever I’m in the ‘growing phase’ between trims, I end up with fairytale ends. As long as my ends look and feel healthy, either one is fine.

Sarah P
November 23rd, 2021, 04:04 PM

TiffPhares
January 27th, 2022, 08:50 AM
I love the look of blunt hems but mine grow fairytale no matter how straight I try to cut it. I have wavy wurly hair so it doesn't look horrible...but I dream of one day having a thick hemline

tekla
January 27th, 2022, 09:41 AM
I was just thinking about this the other day and noticed that my hemline preference seems to strongly correlate with length. The longer the hair, the more "logical" fairytale ends look. If I cut my hair up to, say, collarbone (which is actually something I briefly dreamt of lately - it would look so nice!), I would definitely opt for the thickest possible hemline, but would not want thick ends at knee, for example.

Of course, that's not to say that there's anything wrong with fairytale ends at shorter lengths either, or that they can't look nice, because they definitely can and do.

Sounds logical. My hair is at MBL and I think that blunt ends (cut into a slight U-shape with moderate layering) look better at this length but at classic and longer fairy tale ends start to look more natural or logical.

Lesley8
January 27th, 2022, 03:28 PM
I prefer Fairytale ends on me, but I do think blunt ends look pretty as well!

Kathie
January 27th, 2022, 03:29 PM
I've never seen hair described as logical... I like it!

Im aiming for fairytale ends. Im anticipating it will take years of no trims for my hair to fairytale. I'm around 8 months in, between SL and APL and my hemline is looking blunt. I hope it starts to fairytale around WL.

I also like the thought of a fairy tail, rather than a fairytale. If fairy's had tails I would want a part of that too.

Micayla47
January 27th, 2022, 04:13 PM
I like blunt for BSL or shorter and fairytale for longer hair.

Corvana
January 28th, 2022, 06:41 PM
I've never seen hair described as logical... I like it!

Im aiming for fairytale ends. Im anticipating it will take years of no trims for my hair to fairytale. I'm around 8 months in, between SL and APL and my hemline is looking blunt. I hope it starts to fairytale around WL.

I also like the thought of a fairy tail, rather than a fairytale. If fairy's had tails I would want a part of that too.

My hair didn't start to fairytale until I was around hip-ish? I think it's very common to have blunt ends at shorter lengths! There's a higher chance of all of your follicles' growth phases to line up in a way that their loss isn't as noticeable. When your hair reaches a certain length, though, it takes years to regrow when a strand sheds so the "gap" is more obvious.

Todd
January 28th, 2022, 09:22 PM
Blunt for me. Regardless of length.

Kathie
January 29th, 2022, 03:54 PM
My hair didn't start to fairytale until I was around hip-ish? I think it's very common to have blunt ends at shorter lengths! There's a higher chance of all of your follicles' growth phases to line up in a way that their loss isn't as noticeable. When your hair reaches a certain length, though, it takes years to regrow when a strand sheds so the "gap" is more obvious.

I wouldn't be surprised if it took that sort of length for my hair to fairytale. Time will tell.