PDA

View Full Version : First hair dillema

Julescarm
May 27th, 2018, 07:20 AM
I've been using fermented rice water to wash hair for a month now and and love it. Only, I decided a coconut oil soak would be a good idea. Now I can't get it out. I don't want to try shampoo unless I have to. Any suggestions? My sweet husband saw what was going on and how upset I was and has tried different suggestions. He did like the smell though.

lithostoic
May 27th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Conditioner works better than shampoo at removing oil. Just use one without silicones so that you don't get build up.

lapushka
May 27th, 2018, 07:32 AM
I've been using fermented rice water to wash hair for a month now and and love it. Only, I decided a coconut oil soak would be a good idea. Now I can't get it out. I don't want to try shampoo unless I have to. Any suggestions? My sweet husband saw what was going on and how upset I was and has tried different suggestions. He did like the smell though.

Try using conditioner. It is quite good, even better than shampoo at getting oils out.

Put it on, leave it for about 15 min. or so, and then rinse.

neko_kawaii
May 27th, 2018, 07:33 AM
Conditioner works better than shampoo at removing oil. Just use one without silicones so that you don't get build up.

This. Apply conditioner and then let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse, and all the oil will be out.

Julescarm
May 27th, 2018, 07:49 AM
Thank you guys! I'll give it a try! Ive got coffee cooling to try that, but I think ill give the conditioner a try!

Julescarm
May 27th, 2018, 12:08 PM
So I tried the conditioner and it took alot of it out. About a third is left. I did a coffee rinse as well two hours later. That didn't help it. Ill try a BBB. Maybe later tonight ill do another conditioner treatment or ACV rinse if I can find it.

lithostoic
May 27th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Glad it worked!

lapushka
May 27th, 2018, 01:54 PM
I would just continue with the conditioner until it's all out, and not dabble in anything else. Good luck!