PDA

View Full Version : Tucking in braid ends?

DarklingAndy
May 26th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Hello~

I have layered hair and I often try to do updos that require pinning up a braid. I have trouble getting it tucked in; no matter what, the ends stick out way too much and ruin it. Does anyone have a solution for this? Maybe using multiple rubber bands and spacing them out?

Simsy
May 26th, 2018, 10:38 PM
Two options I use for myself.
1) twist the strands together as you finish the braid, then tuck the tassel underneath the updo and use bobby pins to secure before pinning the updo down around it. Basically securing the ends in the braid itself, then secure the braid tassel to the head; and finish by securing the updo down around the braid tassel.

2) I don’t tie braids off if they are going up into a updo. Instead I shove a bobby pin onto the end and remove it as I’m securing everything.

An alternative is to use a light gel or wax when braiding, to hold the braid together so it doesn’t shred. You could also try pinning down individual loops of the braid; especially if it looks like they are going to explode on you,

Borgessa
May 27th, 2018, 12:17 AM
A tiny bit of pomade can help hold those little flyaway sticky out bits in place. If Simsy's suggestions don't work.

DarklingAndy
June 4th, 2018, 11:00 AM
@Simsy I'm not sure I understand what you mean for #1 but #2 works pretty well. If I don't tie off the braids they seem easier to tuck under everything else.