PDA

View Full Version : MBL or WL?

Mrstran
May 24th, 2018, 06:04 PM
I couldn’t get my photo to post on here, only a direct link. Not sure what’s gone wrong :(

I wanted to ask, what length would you put this at? My torso is pretty short, so I get thrown off trying to determine where I’m at. That and my weight keep changing, which doesn’t help. In this pic, I’ve got my left hand on top of my hip, so I’m hoping that will be a useful landmark.

My apologies for the messy wall. I foolishly tore down tile and am trying like heck to figure out how to cover or fix the mess.

http://i64.tinypic.com/14kyxqe.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/14kyxqe.jpg

Glitch
May 24th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Have you tried posting with https instead of http? It's a new change on the site :)

Your hair is quite close to WL :D MBL (this was discussed on another thread since people were confused) is generally agreed to be the area between BSL and WL. WL is at the crease, the thinnest part of the torso. Depends if you're considering the bulk of your hair, at MBL, or the tip alone, brushing WL.

Happy growing! :flower:

Spikey
May 24th, 2018, 06:31 PM
It sounds like you are going off of your longest layer rather than the bulk of your hair, so in that case I would say it's MBL. Your longest hairs are possibly at the top of waist already, but I'd wait until at least 1/3 of your hair is touching or past waist to call it. You've got a few more months maybe? But different people call measurements differently, in fact I might say that's more bsl than mbl because the majority of your hair is shorter.

Very pretty color by the way! Is it auburn?

MoonRabbit
May 24th, 2018, 06:38 PM
I'd say mid back.

Xlena
May 24th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Your hair is as long as mine, I was confused with the length yesterday but as it's near the waist line but hasn't reach it yet it's still MBL :o I think it's fair to call it WL when it has reached or surpass that point so in about 1-2 months you could say your hair is waist line

Mrstran
May 24th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Thank you Glitch, Spikey, and Moonrabbit!
My hair has crazy layers, the longest being the most thin. I was thinking about chopping to SL again to even it all out. We’ll see. I think it is closer to mid back now that it has been pointed out. I was thrown off for many reasons. By my own calculations, I wasn’t supposed to be around WL until Oct-Dec of this year. That prompted me to ask.

Thank you all again for your help :)

Mrstran
May 24th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Your hair is as long as mine, I was confused with the length yesterday but as it's near the waist line but hasn't reach it yet it's still MBL :o I think it's fair to call it WL when it has reached or surpass that point so in about 1-2 months you could say your hair is waist line

You’ve got me excited. I cannot wait for WL. Still the idea of chopping crosses my mind. Layers from hell. Lol

Spikey
May 24th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Also- is that your natural color or do you henna?

Glitch
May 24th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Thank you Glitch, Spikey, and Moonrabbit!
My hair has crazy layers, the longest being the most thin. I was thinking about chopping to SL again to even it all out. We’ll see. I think it is closer to mid back now that it has been pointed out. I was thrown off for many reasons. By my own calculations, I wasn’t supposed to be around WL until Oct-Dec of this year. That prompted me to ask.

Thank you all again for your help :)

Yes, the bulk of the hair is MBL, while the tip is hovering WL, super close :o
Sounds like your growth rate is above average then!

Mrstran
May 24th, 2018, 07:16 PM
Spikey sorry. You asked about the color and I forgot to address it. I feel like a jerk when I do that. I put box dye (dark ash blonde) over my awful bleached hair. This is the very first time EVER that I managed to match my roots. Dreading the time when it fades and looks like crap again.

ETA- my hair looks a lot darker in the photo than real life. It’s a very ashy “lightest of light” brown

Glitch Maybe it does grow at a decent rate (underneath lol) but I’d trade that in a second for healthy natural hair!

Glitch
May 24th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Glitch Maybe it does grow at a decent rate (underneath lol) but I’d trade that in a second for healthy natural hair!

Understandable, but that also means you'll get there sooner! :D

Spikey
May 24th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Don't worry about it! I just thought it looked cool :)

lapushka
May 25th, 2018, 09:55 AM
That's a good inch away from waist length, so I would say MBL.

Milady_DeWinter
May 25th, 2018, 09:58 AM
I'd say MBL too, you'll get there in a couple of months - by the end of summer for sure :flower:

Dark40
May 29th, 2018, 03:59 PM
I would also say mid back too.

daisy rei
May 29th, 2018, 04:12 PM
just a little BBC tip: to post a photo from tinypic, you have to right click the photo, select "open image in new tab" and then use that link to post the image on a forum.

ravenskey
May 29th, 2018, 04:19 PM
I'd say you're MBL, maybe a inch or so from WL - you'll probably reach it by the end of summer.