PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over: Progress Pics, 1 year after buzz cut!

GrowlingTurtlez
October 31st, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hey Lovely People,
So, I'm happy to celebrate a benchmark, in that it's been one year since I buzzed my hair completely~! I thought I'd share some pics with everyone, since I knew you'd understand my happiness...

Okay, so this is last October when I buzzed my hair:
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7206/p1011000ak4.jpg

And this is one year later (the second one was taken today). I've trimmed the back to prevent the dreaded mullet grow-out look, so the length isn't entirely the same as would've been if I hadn't trimmed it at all, and the curls make it seem shorter, but...you get the idea!
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4087/cimg1356we0.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4422/facebookqy1.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful advice and support, and I look forward to reaching greater lengths!

HairColoredHair
October 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! :cheese::cheese:

manderly
October 31st, 2008, 08:05 PM
OMG!!

YOU and your hair are GORGEOUS!!!!

birthmarkie
October 31st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Congratulations on your great progress!

GrowlingTurtlez
October 31st, 2008, 08:09 PM
Oh, I love cheese...and praise! No, but seriously...thanks so much! It's been a looong year.

mommy101405
October 31st, 2008, 08:10 PM
Gorgeous! Your curls are amazing.

GrowlingTurtlez
October 31st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks! They're actually the reason I buzzed it in the first place...I had dyed it, fried it, and basically abused my hair to the point it no longer curled and resembled the hair I had when I was younger! I'm glad to have them back.

Tashomani
October 31st, 2008, 08:12 PM
You Look like a movie star! You and you hair are BEAUTIFUL

mommy101405
October 31st, 2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks! They're actually the reason I buzzed it in the first place...I had dyed it, fried it, and basically abused my hair to the point it no longer curled and resembled the hair I had when I was younger! I'm glad to have them back.

My daughter's hair is growing in now (she's 3) and its very curly. I really hope it turns out like yours.

GrowlingTurtlez
October 31st, 2008, 08:19 PM
Oh my goodness, that's so sweet! I hope her hair stays curly...and that she always appreciates it. I certainly didn't till I thought they were gone for good!:o

GrowlingTurtlez
October 31st, 2008, 08:21 PM
You Look like a movie star! You and you hair are BEAUTIFUL
Thanks for the compliments Tashomani! I hope you upload some pics of your hair soon...I'm sure it's gorgeous!

amaiaisabella
October 31st, 2008, 08:22 PM
I love the curls! You look great with short hair, not everyone could pull it off :) Good luck continuing your growing journey!

GrowlingTurtlez
October 31st, 2008, 08:24 PM
I love the curls! You look great with short hair, not everyone could pull it off :) Good luck continuing your growing journey!
Ha ha! I was terrified that my head would have some bizarre shape, or that I'd discover some hitherto unknown and embarrassingly shaped mole...

Elphie
October 31st, 2008, 08:25 PM
Totally stunning! You looked great in that costume!

coppercurls
October 31st, 2008, 08:35 PM
Oh my goodness! You & your curls are beautiful!:cheese:

amaiaisabella
October 31st, 2008, 08:42 PM
Ha ha! I was terrified that my head would have some bizarre shape, or that I'd discover some hitherto unknown and embarrassingly shaped mole...

Haha! Starting from fresh takes guts, and yours held up admirably :)

DecafJane
October 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM
I LOVE your curls!!! You and your hair are so beautiful - the outfit and makeup in the last picture are just lovely, very faerie! :)

Vitalai
October 31st, 2008, 09:00 PM
You and your hair are beautiful! You look absolutely stunning.

girlcat36
October 31st, 2008, 09:01 PM
You are so photogenic! You look great in the buzz cut and the curls!

meganb990
October 31st, 2008, 09:28 PM
I like your second picture what beautiful curls.

Teazel
October 31st, 2008, 09:36 PM
You looked cute with your hair buzzed, now you and your hair are cute. I look forward to seeing you reach APL, etc. :D

ladyshannonanne
October 31st, 2008, 09:37 PM
I love your curls!

spidermom
October 31st, 2008, 09:52 PM
You look terrific.

Michou
October 31st, 2008, 11:41 PM
I'm very new to all of this, but I can't get over how healthy your hair looks. Gorgeous!

LutraLutra
November 1st, 2008, 03:39 AM
Woah, your hair is beautiful, well done you! :cheer:

Chrissy
November 1st, 2008, 04:28 AM
So pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!

justme
November 1st, 2008, 04:29 AM
That's some great growth! I think you are very cute and your soft curls accentuate your beauty.

Vivien'
November 1st, 2008, 05:20 AM
Hey ! These curls are nice ! You were quite courageous to buzz at the time, i suppose not anyone would have chosen such an "extreme" decision to get rid of the damage :)
Happy growth for the future !

Xandergrammy
November 1st, 2008, 07:13 AM
What a beautiful young woman you are!!! And I love your hair.

paper
November 1st, 2008, 07:15 AM
Looks very cute!

GrowlingTurtlez
November 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Oh my goodness! You & your curls are beautiful!:cheese:
Thanks! Your curls are quite beautiful as well!! ^_^

GrowlingTurtlez
November 1st, 2008, 09:17 AM
I LOVE your curls!!! You and your hair are so beautiful - the outfit and makeup in the last picture are just lovely, very faerie! :)
Thanks DecafJane! Although, I did keep getting the, "Oh, look! A butterfly!" Oh, well. A butterfly is cool too!

GrowlingTurtlez
November 1st, 2008, 09:18 AM
You are so photogenic! You look great in the buzz cut and the curls!
Thanks girlcat! But if we're talking about beautiful curls...holy cow look at yours! I can't wait till my hair is that long...

GrowlingTurtlez
November 1st, 2008, 09:19 AM
You looked cute with your hair buzzed, now you and your hair are cute. I look forward to seeing you reach APL, etc. :D
Omg...I can't wait till I reach that too! Thanks!!

GrowlingTurtlez
November 1st, 2008, 09:22 AM
Holy crap!! Thanks everyone for the congrats and praise! What a nice thing to wake up to!:) I really look forward to another year at LHC...

Cheese for everyone!:cheese:

LuXious
November 1st, 2008, 09:57 AM
Yep. Movie star.

cindy58
November 1st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Gorgeous! You're doing it just right!

Jorja
November 1st, 2008, 10:26 AM
Wow - it's a real good indication of how quickly hair can grow, and you now have brand new hair! I admire your courage to start from scratch. And your boingy coils are so pretty, you look like a movie star from the golden age!

chloeishere
November 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Your hair is really pretty, and I like your costume! :D

Carolyn
November 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Wow you are a gutsy woman :thumbsup: Not many woman pull off a buzz cut as nicely as you do. Your curls are fantastic. I can't wait to see your 2 year progress pics.

ClareDee
November 1st, 2008, 01:00 PM
Great pics! Those are such perfect ringletty curls, it's great that you're letting them be themselves now ;)
I agree with the others who said your hair is like classic movie-star hair. It's lovely short, and will be amazing longer too. :thumbsup:

rileysmama32208
November 1st, 2008, 02:45 PM
thats beautiful! thanks for sharing :)

Amoretti
November 1st, 2008, 02:50 PM
You are so beautiful! What great progress over the last year! :thud:

*BelievingAgain
November 1st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Amaaaaazing colour and curls.... you should be very proud!!! :cheese:
Jess :flower:

Speckla
November 1st, 2008, 04:27 PM
I've always wanted to shave my head and start fresh!! Brave girl! Beautiful curls.
________
Sc2 Replays (http://screplays.com/replays)

neon-dream
November 1st, 2008, 04:30 PM
I love your hair :) it's stunning, and so are you
xxx

mellie
November 1st, 2008, 04:41 PM
Your hair looks beautiful and very healthy! Love those curls!!! Great progress - congratulations on your one year anniversary!! :-)

AutumnLeaves
November 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
Oh my! You are truly beautiful and your hair is just so lovely! You remind me of a movie star from yesteryear but I can't think of who...Maybe Jane Russell (in her younger days)...?

maskedrose
November 1st, 2008, 07:02 PM
OMG! I'm in love with your ringlets! I totally agree with everyone on your photogenic-ness - I love the last picture - definitely very fae. Your make up looks fantastic!

GrowlingTurtlez
November 1st, 2008, 07:39 PM
Wow - it's a real good indication of how quickly hair can grow, and you now have brand new hair! I admire your courage to start from scratch. And your boingy coils are so pretty, you look like a movie star from the golden age!
Thanks Jorja!
I love that golden age kind of style, so that's nice to hear! ^_^

intothemist1999
November 1st, 2008, 10:08 PM
Wow, what GORGEOUS hair!!!

Seraphina
November 1st, 2008, 10:13 PM
Wow! Such pretty curls.You have gorgeous hair : )

CourtneyS
November 1st, 2008, 10:26 PM
Great progress. I only hope to be that successful in a year

MermaidGirl
November 1st, 2008, 10:55 PM
Yep. Movie star.

... you look like a movie star from the golden age!

... your hair is like classic movie-star hair.

That was my first thought - you look like a classic-era film star in the last pic! (LOVE the costume!) Love the curls in pic #2.

Nic's
November 2nd, 2008, 03:38 AM
Wow. I love your curls. Thats fantastic growth. Well done

Shypii90
November 2nd, 2008, 04:44 AM
Amazing hair
Lol I think we have the same hair type, and our natural colour is very similar too!!!
I'm at 16 months of growth from shaved now, but I don't think my hair looks anything as glamorous as yours!
I agree with everyone, you look like a movie star in the last pic.
Great hallowe'en hairstyle!!

Keep it up :D

forestwitch
November 2nd, 2008, 10:38 AM
Yay!! there is hope! Your hair is beautiful!! I had no idea there were other members growing out from a buzzcut. I can only hope that my hair will grow out as wonderfully as yours has.

elrowiel
November 2nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Wow, what a growth. :)

And such wonderful curls, I love your pics.

DavidN
November 2nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
What beautiful healthy curls you are blessed with, and amazing prgress in the past year!

Speckla
November 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Amazing hair
Lol I think we have the same hair type, and our natural colour is very similar too!!!
I'm at 16 months of growth from shaved now, but I don't think my hair looks anything as glamorous as yours!

That makes 3 of each...curlies unite! :eyebrows:
________
Yamaha Fjr1300 Specifications (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_FJR1300)

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Wow, your hair looks so healthy and shiny. I have curly hair, too - and mine (like yours was) is damaged from bleach and coloring. It won't curl like it used to. My daughter (9) has curly hair, too. We just bought a book .... "Curly Girl". It has a lot of useful info in it, like HOW to cut curly hair and how to wash it to keep ringlets, etc. :)
Good luck!

fleurdelis
November 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
Looks so pretty, I love the curls!
And you look just sooo much like my third cousin, you could be twins, if you would like I could send you a photo, becuase you just had me look three times on where you are from, becuase I really thought I found my relative here.

Amara
November 2nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
Very pretty! Good job growing! What's your next length goal?

Robinlyn
November 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hey Beautiful Fairy, your hair is so pretty! Great progress!

GrowlingTurtlez
November 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Very pretty! Good job growing! What's your next length goal?
Hey there Amara! Thanks! I think my next goal is to reach my shoulders, or to see just how much it grows in the next year.

GrowlingTurtlez
November 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Looks so pretty, I love the curls!
And you look just sooo much like my third cousin, you could be twins, if you would like I could send you a photo, becuase you just had me look three times on where you are from, becuase I really thought I found my relative here.
Ha ha! That's great.

GrowlingTurtlez
November 2nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Wow, your hair looks so healthy and shiny. I have curly hair, too - and mine (like yours was) is damaged from bleach and coloring. It won't curl like it used to. My daughter (9) has curly hair, too. We just bought a book .... "Curly Girl". It has a lot of useful info in it, like HOW to cut curly hair and how to wash it to keep ringlets, etc. :)
Good luck!
I love that book! I bought it a few months ago and once I started following her advice I noticed an immediate difference.

GrowlingTurtlez
November 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Amazing hair

Wow, your curls are gorgeous...I'm glad I'm not the only one who's starting over from a shaved head. Your hair totally gives me hope for the future!

GrowlingTurtlez
November 2nd, 2008, 04:41 PM
Yay!! there is hope! Your hair is beautiful!! I had no idea there were other members growing out from a buzzcut. I can only hope that my hair will grow out as wonderfully as yours has.
Yay! Others who are starting over from a buzz!

wintersun99
November 2nd, 2008, 04:41 PM
oh Wow! you have had awesome growth! I love your curly hair. :)

Speedbump
November 2nd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Beautiful curls and I love your color! :cheese: