PDA

View Full Version : Got my first hair compliment!

Elizabeth E
May 21st, 2018, 10:52 AM
I know this seems like a trivial thing, but I thought I'd post it anyway. My parents usually compliment on my hair every time they see it down (which is not often, though!) but this is the first time it came from someone else.

I went to visit a friend of mine today (the same friend who is one of my biggest hair inspirations) and she said that 'your hair is getting long now'. I ran into her mum on the way out, who also said how 'long and pretty' my hair is getting.:happydance:

On another note, I am sad to hear that my friend is planning to have her hair cut shorter. It is hip-length wavy, blunt cut and auburn in color. But I understand her reasons; it gets very hot here in summer and her hair is insanely thick and coarse, so it gets uncomfortable. She says she cannot wear buns because her hair is too heavy and it gets in her way all the time when loose. She usually has it in a ponytail or braid, but that still tends to bother her.
I asked her how short she'd like to go and she said she's thinking about APL. I suggested that maybe she cut back to MBL first and then see how that is, instead of making one big cut.
Well, it is her hair and her life, I suppose.
I took a look at my own hair in the mirror this afternoon and I must admit, I am happy with it. It's got lots of volume that makes it look very thick, but in reality it's not that thick at all and never 'uncomfortable' to me. It's very shiny and elastic too, so I think it's in the right shape to grow longer now. Grow hair, grow!

ravenskey
May 21st, 2018, 11:35 AM
Congrats Elizabeth E! It's so nice to receive compliments :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
May 21st, 2018, 12:31 PM
Congratulations you deserve it. Happy growing and caring for your hair.

Glitch
May 21st, 2018, 01:22 PM
Aww, I know what this is like. I got my own first compliment a couple months ago and went off in the blog :laugh: It's a wonderful feeling!! And, a sign that you're really doing the right things with the hair :D Congrats!!

lapushka
May 21st, 2018, 02:18 PM
It's very heart warming to get a compliment. My parents also are very nice when it comes to my hair.

I think you gave great advice to your friend, and who knows she might take you up on it. Or, might not; it's up to her.

:)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2018, 02:45 PM
Compliments are such fun! You must be doing the right things to make your hair happy!

AutobotsAttack
May 21st, 2018, 03:02 PM
YAY! I love hair compliments! With the confidence boost it’ll keep getting better and better

Elizabeth E
May 22nd, 2018, 09:17 AM
Thanks everybody for being so sweet - you guys make my day even better!:)
And I agree with you, lapushka, it's up to my friend to decide what she wants to do. The least I can do, is giving her good advice...which I wouldn't have been able to do if it weren't for reading through posts on TLHC! This is the place where I learn new things every day.
Happy growing!

DweamGoiL
May 22nd, 2018, 10:48 AM
Congratulations, hair compliments are such a wonderful reward for your constant commitment to caring for your hair!