PDA

View Full Version : Your prefered hsir toy?

shaluwm_agape
May 21st, 2018, 12:48 AM
Sorry if this already exists. I couldn't find it, if there was one. But I was curious. There are so many and they are all different and beautiful...
But everyone has a preference so which hairtoys do you wear most and why?

Corvana
May 21st, 2018, 01:17 AM
Now? Single sticks are probably my favorite. My forks all hold a little too tightly, so I can't keep my hair up as long with them. More prongs = more hold, which is great!! But at this point it's too much hold :laugh: I used to use them almost exclusively because they were the only successful toys for me, but now that I've got some more length I don't need them. I do love them, though! And I can't wait until I've got enough length that they're as comfortable as my sticks are.

Wendyp
May 21st, 2018, 05:54 AM
Acrylic Hair sticks hands down. Easy peasy and I love a pop of color.

Suortuva
May 21st, 2018, 07:06 AM
Spin pins! :crush:

Or, are they real hair toys? I mean, you usually don't see them...

Anyway, I love spin pins (and sloths, can I have a sloth in my hair?)

lapushka
May 21st, 2018, 07:06 AM
If it's a 2 prong fork preferably aluminum, I'm here for it. :)

Cg
May 21st, 2018, 07:15 AM
Any sturdy fork with 4 or 5 prongs.

DweamGoiL
May 21st, 2018, 07:49 AM
I'm with Wendyp on this one - turned acrylic sticks. They can withstand water, are affordable and come in a make your head spin range of colors! Function and beauty in one...can't beat that.

gustavonut
May 21st, 2018, 09:08 AM
3 prong forks, scrunchies, small claw clips.

Groovy Granny
May 21st, 2018, 09:21 AM
I'm with Wendyp on this one - turned acrylic sticks. They can withstand water, are affordable and come in a make your head spin range of colors! Function and beauty in one...can't beat that.

Me three :cheer: :o

Rich's ONN oval and turned sticks are my favorites for the same reasons you both stated :love:

Paired with the Lilla Rose Leather Bolos....I have a variety of secure styles to go to, regardless if my hair is slippery or not :joy:

C_Bookworm
May 21st, 2018, 01:05 PM
Definitely agree with the votes for acrylic hairsticks. They’re easy and beautiful. I love that each of the makers has added in their personal aesthetic to make heir hairsticks unique. They’ve all carved out their unique niche.

The unicorn horns, carstle torches, and flowers of Lady Idun. The slightly bulbous toppers, the jello colors, the stone and rock acrylics.
The pixie and medieval shapes of Wood Ever I Imagine. Hard-to-find European acrylics. The generous ‘just because’ sticks.
The ovals, custom mixed colors, custom toppers, and weapons of OutNumbered Novelties.
The spikes and acrylic coated Aluminum twists of Acrylic Candy Shop. The very specific candy colored palette.
The spirals, two colored spirals, and twisted claws for Crockett Mountain Woodworks.

And I agree with Groovy Granny, I really enjoy adding leather flexis and bolos to the mix.

Glitch
May 21st, 2018, 01:24 PM
Lucky ducks! I have yet to receive my first hair toys that I ordered, but so far, spin pins have been my best experience with hair tools :)

PixieP
May 21st, 2018, 03:31 PM
Lightweight, 3-prong forks with headcurve. Holds well, allows me to puff up my buns, doesn't give me a headache. My two favs are one of CMW's extra thin acrylic forks, and a 60th street dymondwood fork.

shaluwm_agape
May 21st, 2018, 05:41 PM
These are awesome to read and give me an awesome idea of some i can try!

Aredhel
May 21st, 2018, 05:46 PM
Definitely sticks. They're the most versatile, in my opinion, and there is a greater variety. Forks are wonderful, but my hair has broken forks of all kinds... and of all different materials. :( I suspect tines in forks may be too thin in general for my tighter buns, which is why sticks do much better in my hair... I've never broken a stick! *knocks on wood* I'm actually too afraid to wear my forks these days, because I'm afraid of breaking them.

Acrylic sticks are absolutely the best. Aesthetically I prefer the look of wooden sticks, but acrylics are sooooo versatile, strong, cost-effective and resilient (ex., water resistance!), and there are endless colours out there! :)

cjk
May 21st, 2018, 05:52 PM
The past couple of days? A black horn hair stick.

Overall? Probably French combs. Tortoiseshell is my favorite unless I need black for contrast.

MsPharaohMoan
May 21st, 2018, 06:39 PM
Four prong quattro with a button topper. Small and simple, best hold I've found so far.

-Fern
May 21st, 2018, 07:04 PM
2-prong Quattro fork with no topper. =D

mwallingford
May 21st, 2018, 07:07 PM
I really love helix forks for their unique look and exceptional holding ability!

Dendra
May 23rd, 2018, 04:14 PM
Four prong wooden forks. They stay and they look pretty (love love unusual grains).

I wish sticks worked for me, water resistance would help me out plus they can look so nice, but they slip right out of my hair, as does metal. I'm hoping when I hit waist sticks will eventually work, though that will be dangerous for my bank account :agree:

Crystawni
May 24th, 2018, 10:45 PM
My preferred hairtoy is the one I'm wearing at the time, i.e. the one that works. I like variety (in updos and hairtoys; colours, finishes, materials, styles...) while also going for comfort, stability and suitability. When one hairtoy doesn't work for whatever reason (especially with my bulky slipmonster in this hot and humid climate), there's always another that will. :gobblecheese:

Elizabeth E
May 26th, 2018, 10:03 AM
My favorite is nice chopsticks; thicker at the top and tapering towards the bottom. I find that they sit most securely in my hair, plus when I'm wearing them, I for some reason feel like a super cool ninja warrior!

lithostoic
May 26th, 2018, 10:09 AM
I don't have very much, not even a spin pin, but I'm fond of my clear plastic three prong fork :) I have to use my whole hand to wrap a nautilus now and a single stick won't hold it. I do need a heavier fork soon though, as my hair is nearing hip :D

yamsha23
May 26th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Definitely 3-prong wooden forks like my Jeterforks or VotePalantine. They're beautiful and give me more stability than any stick or ficcare.

shaluwm_agape
May 26th, 2018, 12:09 PM
lithostoic you may likethis (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074RFWVCC/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_4?smid=A1CMKDBKWSZOMB&psc=1)
It is affordable too