PDA

View Full Version : favorite hair oils?

softheartedandl
May 20th, 2018, 07:57 PM
hi y'all! i do an oil treatment on my hair every month and i almost always use coconut oil (which i love) or occasionally avocado oil or sweet almond oil. i've noticed it's almost time to restock and was wondering if anyone wants to share their favorite oils for their hair! thanks in advance! <3

MsPharaohMoan
May 20th, 2018, 09:02 PM
here's a vote for avocado and jojoba!

ursaV
May 20th, 2018, 10:35 PM
I love sweet almond too! I use it on it's own or with castor oil. It your hair enjoys heavy treatments castor is great, it makes my hair very soft and sort of plumps it up and makes it feel thicker. It's just extremely sticky so I mix it with a more 'fluid' oil for easier application. I also like jojoba for a light leave in to add slip, I use it in place of conditioner to coat my ends. My castor and sweet almond oils are from Viva Organics and my Jojoba is Cliganic brand, both of which I got on Amazon :o Yay for Prime shipping!

lapushka
May 21st, 2018, 04:55 AM
Jojoba, macadamia, and above all else: sweet almond oil.

I do prefer baby oil for my oil rinses, though (see signature).

pili
May 21st, 2018, 09:11 AM
Avocado, sweet almond, argan, and olive.

Luna Starsetta
May 21st, 2018, 10:59 AM
I use a lot of essential oils with a coconut carrier oil. Some of my favorites are jojoba, avocado, coconut, JBCO, Argon and a lot of essential oils like lavender, tee tree, peppermint, rosemary, and many others, however my go to mix would be JBCO with coconut and some tea tree lavender and peppermint.

Glitch
May 21st, 2018, 01:12 PM
When I previously oiled, my hair loved sweet almond oil and jojoba oil :o

ravenskey
May 21st, 2018, 01:34 PM
Sweet almond and coconut oil all the way!

nycelle
May 21st, 2018, 01:54 PM
Sweet Almond and Argan oil.

Argan has been my favorite oil for years now, but Sweet Almond is a close second.

mwallingford
May 21st, 2018, 08:12 PM
I like to use coconut oil for deep conditioning when I really slather it on, and then lighter oils such as jojoba, argon, or sweet almond oil for a light leave in

Dark40
May 21st, 2018, 08:27 PM
Coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, tea tree oil, amla indian hair oil, and carrot oil. I have so many for oiling my hair and hot oil treatments.

Xlena
May 23rd, 2018, 07:20 PM
Argan oil, no doubt. It really moistures my hair deeply. I like coconut oil too for less deep condition.