PDA

View Full Version : Hair Length vs Hair Movement

njrb
May 19th, 2018, 12:52 PM
When I cut my past waist length hair back to APL I noticed how different it feels and behaves. At first I felt like it moved a lot more, but now I think that it is just situational. When loose I don't think it moves more than before just differently since it doesn't always stay behind my shoulders. In a ponytail it definitely moves a lot more (I like it), where now my braid is to short to move at all. I was curious what everyone else's experience with that was and what you enjoy about it or don't.

MoonRabbit
May 19th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Fresh ends always seem to have a satisfying swish. My ends always become extra bouncy after a trim and I love it.

ravenskey
May 19th, 2018, 01:23 PM
When I had SL hair and wore it down it would blow around really easily now only the very front moves even if it's very windy.

The feeling of the wind moving my hair was nice but the tangles were not and I much prefer my length now.

njrb
May 19th, 2018, 01:53 PM
When I had SL hair and wore it down it would blow around really easily now only the very front moves even if it's very windy.

The feeling of the wind moving my hair was nice but the tangles were not and I much prefer my length now.
Yes, definitely tangles are a down side.

Glitch
May 19th, 2018, 03:28 PM
My hair is interestingly more "swishy" with a lot more movement the longer that it is. I think it's because the weight stretches out the waves, and with the smoothness it's more flowy? At shorter lengths, my waves are more prominent and don't really move easily. I usually wear my hair straight though, so it flies around on the regular :p

M00bles
May 19th, 2018, 03:48 PM
The swishiness of shorter hair is one thing that I actually really miss. I didn’t enjoy it when it was windy but the way my hair would move with me when I turned my head just felt really good. Now at around FTL, I move and my hair stays!

lapushka
May 19th, 2018, 04:16 PM
My hair is always up, when I'm up, so it hardly swishes. :)

It is down at night, and... I'm not sure. I think there's definitely more "movement" in shorter hair, say APL/BSL.

cathair
May 19th, 2018, 04:37 PM
I think my hair floats more than it swishes. At any length. It swishes a little more when it's freshly coconut oiled, but still not that much.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 19th, 2018, 04:40 PM
I find shorter hair much more swishy! And it's fun :) But I like the way that longer hair has the "wow" factor :)

Kaoria
May 19th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Hm. My hair is always whipping about in my face regardless of length. I wonder if it doesn’t have more to do with texture, at least in my case. The last time I remember having that lovely heavy swish was when I was 14ish and had waist long, blunt, straight virgin hair. Before it started becoming wavy.

Hairkay
May 20th, 2018, 03:51 AM
Shorter hair for me would not swish in any way. Tight curls don't behave like that. It would take some wind to move it a bit. I wear plaits/braids a lot and sometimes I get a plait flick. If I let my bushy hair out at the longer length it is now then there may be a little bounce as I walk.

leayellena
May 20th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Short hair has movement. But I hate movement on MY HAIR. I just hate it. I don't mind about movement on other hair/heads but I I just don't like movement on my hair.
I like how my hair is stable in a simple but "looks intricate" updo.
I think I should start wear a braid for enough movement outside. From double English braids to Dutch braid whenever I feel like letting my hair "move".