PDA

View Full Version : Differentent hair thickness and styles.

Julescarm
May 18th, 2018, 11:08 PM
As we all know, everyone has different hair types and thickness. What is your type and what hair styles do you like best?
My hair is fine and I remember, growing up how my mom always did small braids. I Havnt found a style that's intricate to try out, but I'd love to hear others for ideas on where to start.

Milady_DeWinter
May 18th, 2018, 11:19 PM
My hair is a 2c, fine and very thick. So, lots of fine wurly hair here.

My fav styles are loose (half up is good), with 2 Duch braids, and in a bun: nautilus, disc bun and the spock bun are the best for me! :)

Stray_mind
May 19th, 2018, 12:09 AM
My hair is Fine, medium thickness, right now my favorite style is a peacock twist with a medium sized claw clip, i also like braided half ups and a cinnabun half up with a stick which i was able to do properly just recently.

When my hair was waist length and longer, i Loved LWB, nautilus and plain english braid on me :)
Also half ups with plenty of accent braids, to look more elvish...

leayellena
May 19th, 2018, 01:18 AM
I have the Houdini hair: sometimes it feels so thin, so fine and my braid thins to nothing. Sometimes my braid looks like a whip but I feel it slapping my back when my lover plays with it (holds it up and let it drop). My go to buns are either a cinnamon bun or a Nautilus. My go to braid is just a plain English braid

lucid
May 19th, 2018, 03:13 AM
Fine and below average thickness.

My favorite bun is the double wrapped lazy wrap bun, it looks a bigger than a regular lwb and feels more secure.

My go to style is one or two English braids, or French braids. I sometimes do Dutch braids as well, but I think French braids look better on me as they give a bit more volume near the scalp. I'm growing out my bangs, so I usually French braid them with every style :)

Margarita
May 19th, 2018, 03:59 AM
Its funny i havent realised if my hair is thick or thin or even medium. Im between 2b-2c-3a. And i prefer to have my hair down because i dont what happens, my hair gets ruined when i have it/them(???) in an updo..

lapushka
May 19th, 2018, 05:15 AM
As we all know, everyone has different hair types and thickness. What is your type and what hair styles do you like best?
My hair is fine and I remember, growing up how my mom always did small braids. I Havnt found a style that's intricate to try out, but I'd love to hear others for ideas on where to start.

There is a difference between the thickness/thinness of an individual strand. Mine is fine (F).

And between the "thickness" of the volume of the hair. Mine is thick (iii).

I see that you haven't yet put your markers down underneath your avatar. But that is the difference in the "code" here.

The thing with iii hair is that you need a lot of length for it to become bunnable (couldn't bun until waist/hip).

pili
May 19th, 2018, 08:20 AM
^^^ What she said.

I have 2c/3a curls and waves, C hair and, iii thickness (5.25"). Unfortunately, I am only just starting to get to waist stretched, so I am very limited in what I can do. Layers help, but my braids tend to shred and my buns fall apart. Mostly I do peacock twists with large claw clips, flipped cinnamon bun, sectioned cinnamon bun, and English braid or side braid. I used to be able to do a disk bun, but now it falls apart. I need to find some new buns.

ravenskey
May 19th, 2018, 08:24 AM
I have thick, coarse and sticky hair (by which I mean it tangles and mats very easily).

I like a plain English plait, and rope and chain-link plaits for an easy hairstyle but French, Dutch and Crown braids are doable if I have more time.

Unlike a lot of people here I hate buns - they're huge and very heavy on me and pull my roots like nothing else - I can do a (braided) cinnamon bun if I really need my hair up but for a couple of hours max.

lapushka
May 19th, 2018, 08:28 AM
I have thick, coarse and sticky hair (by which I mean it tangles and mats very easily).

I like a plain English plait, and rope and chain-link plaits for an easy hairstyle but French, Dutch and Crown braids are doable if I have more time.

Unlike a lot of people here I hate buns - they're huge and very heavy on me and pull my roots like nothing else - I can do a (braided) cinnamon bun if I really need my hair up but for a couple of hours max.

Might just be a question of length. For me it starts to get comfortable hip+ and now that I am nearing classic, I love my buns all the more! Give it some more time, and see what it does. :flower:

shaluwm_agape
May 19th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Im anywhere between 2a/b fine hair and at the moment my thickness is medium to thick as i cant really bun unless with a scrunchie. It explodes within minutes. I do wear it in low ponytails dutch braids and half ups

lithostoic
May 19th, 2018, 08:48 AM
1c pattern, medium strand thickness, medium density. I like half-ups a lot!

lithostoic
May 19th, 2018, 08:49 AM
i cant really bun unless with a scrunchie. It explodes within minutes.

Too relateable! We must both be at in-between lengths for our buns.

manticore
May 19th, 2018, 09:12 AM
I’ve got course hair, medium thickness, and I’ve only been able to do a proper nautilus recently since I’ve hit mid back. Whenever I put my hair up in a bun it’s like it gets super fat lol

Aredhel
May 19th, 2018, 09:18 AM
I have fine hair, medium thickness...my favourite updos would have to be buns that have a lot twist in them (ex., log roll, flipped bun), otherwise my hair likes to unravel throughout the day because it's so slippery.

Hairkay
May 19th, 2018, 09:33 AM
My hair is thick with medium strands. It's kinky curly which behaves best in plaits/braids. Keeping it organised in sections is best too. I like using two flat twists crown braid style. Other times I'll use more plaits, anything from 6 to 20 of them. I can do a lwb when my hair is twisted or plaited without that it would be extremely difficult. I can't do any other buns.

C_Bookworm
May 19th, 2018, 11:05 AM
1C/2A, fine and thick. My preferred hairdos are half ups, braided buns, cinnabun or LWB, or a simple Dutch braid. My scalp is sensitive in terms of weight giving me headaches, so changing hairdos throughout the day is pretty common. I definitely don’t do buns until my hair has completely airdried.

shaluwm_agape
May 19th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Too relateable! We must both be at in-between lengths for our buns.

Yeah i think i can start bunning at mbl or waist its sad lol

Rustam
May 19th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Im anywhere between 2a/b fine hair and at the moment my thickness is medium to thick as i cant really bun unless with a scrunchie. It explodes within minutes. I do wear it in low ponytails dutch braids and half ups

Had the same problem. It gets better. You can also try running part of your hair then wrapping the rest around that bun. Took some practice but works pretty well.

Glitch
May 19th, 2018, 03:20 PM
My hair is generally 2a/2b, and 1a from top to brows/ears. My favorite style is just having my hair down, which it usually is, as well as cute half-ups here and there! However, I have yet to experiment with hair toys and more bun styles. I have materials on the way so I suppose I'll find out with time if I prefer any of those looks :D

ETA: My hair is more fine than medium, and has a tricky time holding up-dos :( It often slips out shortly after.

shaluwm_agape
May 19th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Had the same problem. It gets better. You can also try running part of your hair then wrapping the rest around that bun. Took some practice but works pretty well.

Thanks i will def attempt! Otherwise im ok waiting. I do have a few hair toys to make it bit easier

cathair
May 19th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Mine is medium to coarse and in the thinner end of average. I like lazy wrap buns best and cinnabuns. Not very inspiring :) L-infinity works, but I'm usually too lazy.

Braids stay put with nothing securing them, but they don't do much hair much good.

Must get round to trying that double lazy wrap. I like the sound of bigger.

lithostoic
May 19th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Yeah i think i can start bunning at mbl or waist its sad lol

My buns started to hold at BSL but I might have thinner hair than you.

shaluwm_agape
May 19th, 2018, 05:36 PM
My buns started to hold at BSL but I might have thinner hair than you.

What is your circumfrence of your ponytail? Because if its bsl for me that would be awesome