PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get...odd hair comments?

GlassEyes
October 31st, 2008, 03:27 PM
I was just thinking about this now.

Everyone on LHC seems to like to getand receive hair compliments, be they online or offline, and we obviously have enough thread to prove it. However, what I'm wondering is if anyone has received...odd, or even awkward comments about their hair?

I've very rarely had anyone comment on my hair negatively. Actually, I can't remember a time since I stopped caking my hair with gel (don't ask), but there have been a few oddities.

For example. The "F**k it" comment.

"YOUR HAIR IS SO AMAZING THAT I'D F**K IT!"

This was said by someone I didn't know at the time. She's now a close friend of mine. XD;

And another. The 'Eating' Comment.

"Your hair looks like a candy cane...I kinda want to eat it."

I don't remember who said this, but it was back when I had varous colored highlights, and they were an awesome shade of pink-purple at the time. Understandable, but still, odd.

I've had a few others, like some calling it doll hair (that was back when I used a bottle of gel in a day) and such, but none like those two.

Anyone else?

maliha
October 31st, 2008, 03:32 PM
:)

I remember when i was 17 my younger sister commented on my hair that "You hair smells like a doll hair"
I really didnt understand what exactly was it,,,I mean positive or negative thing

Now i feel its definately not a good thing bcoz when i smell the doll hair it was like some chemical treated plastic ,,,lol :)

rhubarbarin
October 31st, 2008, 03:38 PM
People like to tell me I look like animals because of my hair.

'Your hair makes you look like a lion.'
'Poodle!' -This said by random girls on the street trying to be mean, but it just made me laugh.
'You look like a Cocker spaniel with big curly ears.'

Ehm.. okay.

Aisha25
October 31st, 2008, 03:40 PM
Yes from men online saying some very naughty things that I cannot repeat, lets say along the lines from your first example comment when they are done.

neon-dream
October 31st, 2008, 03:40 PM
Lol I've had people say mine looks edible, and they want to lick it because it's so shiney haha!
People sometimes ask me if it's real because it's so bright. =/ haha
xx

Raven69
November 1st, 2008, 01:03 AM
Haha, I've had people ask if my hair is fake, like a wig or something. Also been asked if I have extensions.

At one point, when I was really young - don't know if they were saying it to be mean or not...but some said that my hair felt like a horses'.

There's this guy at work that goes crazy whenever I go by him, cause I think he caught a whiff of my perfume I think, and thought it was my hair...I use Herbal Essence, the Rose shampoo and conditioner so when I take my hair down you can smell the shampoo/conditioner from a few feet away. So whenever I go by, he wants to touch my hair and smell it...but I wear Ralph Lauren: ROmance...so I do dunno

My cats like to play with my hair, and the older cat likes to wrap himself up in it...and he's so gentle with it, it's so cute and very funny to watch!

I too, have had guys want to ---- in my hair...yuck!!!!! Or want to grab my hair or pull it!

Robbi Dehlinger
November 1st, 2008, 02:42 AM
Haha, I've had people ask if my hair is fake, like a wig or something. Also been asked if I have extensions.

At one point, when I was really young - don't know if they were saying it to be mean or not...but some said that my hair felt like a horses'.

There's this guy at work that goes crazy whenever I go by him, cause I think he caught a whiff of my perfume I think, and thought it was my hair...I use Herbal Essence, the Rose shampoo and conditioner so when I take my hair down you can smell the shampoo/conditioner from a few feet away. So whenever I go by, he wants to touch my hair and smell it...but I wear Ralph Lauren: ROmance...so I do dunno

My cats like to play with my hair, and the older cat likes to wrap himself up in it...and he's so gentle with it, it's so cute and very funny to watch!

I too, have had guys want to ---- in my hair...yuck!!!!! Or want to grab my hair or pull it!

They want to --- in your hair? YUCK-O

Thank goodness I have not heard THAT yet??:(

HotRag
November 1st, 2008, 03:40 AM
Someone told me that he thinks long hair is disgusting, yucky and filthy.

Then there are the comments "how do you do to make the hair not fall into the toilet" and "do you wipe your a** with your hair".
But those comments I got when I hade longer hair than now of course.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 1st, 2008, 03:46 AM
Poor man, he needs some "long hair education?"

Those other comments are made by people who think they are being cute or smart? Not really, of course:)

HotRag
November 1st, 2008, 04:01 AM
Those other comments are made by people who think they are being cute or smart? Not really, of course:)
I think they thought they were very smart. Like that kind of comments are unique and totally max of fun.
Sadly, that kind of comments are rather common (not unique).

Robbi Dehlinger
November 1st, 2008, 04:04 AM
You should here some of the dumb comments people make to tg people like me? (usually guys)

HotRag
November 1st, 2008, 04:06 AM
You should here some of the dumb comments people make to tg people like me? (usually guys)
What is "tg people"?

Because I had so long hair before, I do not call my hair "long" by now. I think other people think that I am rather strange, talking about "when I had long hair". :p

Robbi Dehlinger
November 1st, 2008, 04:15 AM
TG means transgender, I was born a "boy" but live agreat deal of the time and believe myself to be a "girl.":)

HotRag
November 1st, 2008, 04:26 AM
TG means transgender, I was born a "boy" but live agreat deal of the time and believe myself to be a "girl.":)
Aha.
I can imagine dumb comments, and I never understand how people can feel good about making such comments.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 1st, 2008, 04:28 AM
They seem to get some pleasure out of it, or else they think you are "sinning"

Anyway, I LOVE who I am becoming and just like dumb hair commnets, I let them slide off my back:)

Besides, most folks call me ma'am anyway:)