PDA

View Full Version : Fringe/Bangs, yay or nay?

NikitaJane
May 17th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Hi everyone,
So I'm considering getting my full fringe cut back in (while still growing the length of course)

My hair is MBL and wavy (when freshly washed anyway)
Here is a photo of my hair as it is now:
https://s31.postimg.cc/e1x4rn5nf/IMG_20180426_103509_384.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/xwj6drkuv/)

And one from when I had a fringe:
https://s31.postimg.cc/r8mkqztl7/IMG_20160910_112849_2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/cpffpl0g7/)

I can't decide whether to go for it or not, what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance :)

nycelle
May 17th, 2018, 07:54 AM
I think you look great with bangs (nice thick ones), so I say yes.

Personally, I prefer long hair that's cut into some kind of style. My own hair is angled around my face. Many here like it all one length though, so if you're in that same length camp, think it through or you may regret it.

Margarita
May 17th, 2018, 08:03 AM
I see that you look better without fringe/bangs =) Your face is beautiful and bright!

Milady_DeWinter
May 17th, 2018, 08:31 AM
I'm not a fan of bangs, but I think you can rock both styles :) In terms of beauty I see no difference, you have really cute features!

lapushka
May 17th, 2018, 09:57 AM
I prefer the first picture. I don't think (personally) that bangs go well with longer lengths, unless you wear a lot of updos. The second picture is a shorter style, so it's hard to compare, IMMHO. :flower:

Guitargod
May 17th, 2018, 10:01 AM
I also prefer the first picture but really it's a matter of personal preference so go for what you like yourself :)

TreesOfEternity
May 17th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Bangs give you something to have a little fun with as there are lots of options and styles to try. I have had bangs for years now, we have a similar forehead, I think it would really suit you. I prefer them when brows are visible as they don't "hide" the facial expression that much. You can start using very little hair for them and make them thicker if you feel like it.

I usually advice to think about why you stopped having them the last time, if you got tired of them easily maybe it's not bangs that you want but just something "fun" to do with your hair? just because growing out bangs is awful.

What I like best about bangs is that, despite I wear my hair up almost all the time, there's always something framing my face and makes me feel more femenine. On the other hand they are high maintenance so we have to take that into account.

lucid
May 17th, 2018, 10:37 AM
I liked the first one best, but bangs suites you as well :)

Groovy Granny
May 17th, 2018, 10:59 AM
I like NO bangs on you...they hide your pretty features....IMHO cuz you asked :o

That said .....go with your gut....and know it will be a long journey growing them back out if you change your mind :lol:

Lady Stardust
May 17th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Both look great. Would a fringe be a lot of maintenance because your hair is so wavy or doesn’t that make much difference?

AmaryllisRed
May 17th, 2018, 11:29 AM
As someone growing out her bangs, I vote no! I think the first picture looks better.
Bangs are such a pain to maintain. If you really want them, consider a long side bang. That way you can tuck them behind your ear and it won't be too long before they're long enough to fit into updos when you don't want them to show. I'm just now getting to where mine fit into an updo if I make it high enough.
You figure, at 1/2" a month on average, if your bangs are 20" shorter, that's 40 months of growth to catch up.
In other words, for.ev.er.

Queerantine
May 17th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Wow, you look great both ways - and I'm not usually a huge fan of bangs in the first place.

blushy
May 17th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I personally think your long hair would look better without bangs, but you look pretty with them as well :o

ursaV
May 17th, 2018, 12:11 PM
From the pictures I would say no bangs! Having your hair out of your face really shows off your lovely eyes :o

Borgessa
May 17th, 2018, 05:40 PM
I'm gonna say I like the first pic with no bangs too.. Very pretty girl, and you have lovely hair too :)

Zesty
May 17th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Since you asked for opinions, my vote is nay on the bangs. But then again, I definitely fall into the "one length" camp when it comes to long hair. :p Pick whatever you love, but maybe try to think about what you want out of bangs before cutting them in. Do you want to add some interest around your face, for example? Because that can be achieved with, say, an accent braid or a pouf or even some pretty earrings. I'd say play with it a while before taking the plunge, since they would take some time to grow out if you don't like them. But if it's what you really want, you are still beautiful in the bangs pic!

Your hair is gorgeous by the way, love your texture.

browneyedsusan
May 17th, 2018, 05:58 PM
IMHO, they're a pain to keep up, but you do as you please! They grow our pretty quick, so are not a huge committment.

It seems like they're the perfect length for about 20 minutes, then in my eyes. I trim them, and they're too short for 2 weeks. Then they grow and look great! For about 20 minutes.:doh: Nope. I can't be bothered. :) (I look better with them. Too bad, so sad! :wigtongue No bangs for me.

spidermom
May 17th, 2018, 06:12 PM
I'm going to be contrary and admit I prefer the photo with the bangs. They look great on you!

Personally I think bangs can be a fun change, and it doesn't bother me much to grow them out when I need another change. I honestly don't know what people are talking about when they complain what a pain in the backside it is to grow out bangs.

Beckstar
May 17th, 2018, 06:23 PM
The bangs really frame your face nicely. I say yay.

AngelAki
May 17th, 2018, 07:50 PM
It is your choice, and I personally love bangs but you look very nice without them

Dark40
May 17th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Both look great. I am a big fan of bangs. I wear them myself with my length. I would go for getting bangs. That's just my preference.

Glitch
May 17th, 2018, 08:48 PM
I have a preference for bangs whenever someone can pull them off :) You look adorable with them! You also look cute without them - it's up to you :o You've grown them out before, so keep in mind how long they'll take to get rid of if you do get them and then change your mind.

Spikey
May 17th, 2018, 09:39 PM
I'm also on the yes side, you really seem to pull off bangs very well- looks gorgeous! But those look like really thick bangs, it might be annoying to loose so much thickness from the body of your hair at once? Cute either way though :)

Edit: Also, just wanted to say, I really like your tattoo, what I can see of it. Is it just flowers, or do I spy a koi fin in there?

Khristopher
May 18th, 2018, 01:14 AM
For me, you look good with both styles... but your first pic looks super cute! So I vote nay. Having such lovely features, why hidding them?

Otempura
May 18th, 2018, 01:22 AM
Either way you're perfectly gorgeous, i'd say do what your heart is whispering to you; they both look great.

RubberDucky
May 18th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Both styles really suit you so I can't pick one over the other. Heh, I guess that wasn't much help...

I myself always wear bangs (no matter what length my hair is) since I don't look good without them.

NikitaJane
May 18th, 2018, 06:17 AM
Thanks for your replies everyone! It seems like the majority are in favour of no bangs. On reflection I feel like I'm just getting bored with my hair while I'm growing it, like I miss having something to frame my face when I have my hair up. But also having grown out my full bangs for well over a year, I know how annoying it is (they're beneath chin length now) so I'm not sure I want to go through that again in the future.

Thank you all for your opinions though, it was super helpful to hear other perspectives :)

LizzyGrant
May 18th, 2018, 08:12 AM
Maybe you already made your decision but I just wanted to say that there's another option - see through bangs. They are less heavy than the blunt bangs, easy to style and look very pretty! I also like something framing my face but wouldn't cut blunt bangs anymore. I think they take too much thickness from my hair and hide my features. But the see through bangs were a perfect choice for me. They are also a huge trend in South Korea right now, if you want to check some pictures :)

TreesOfEternity
May 20th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Since reading this post I'm seriously contemplating growing out my bangs. Just reached BSL and maybe they won't look that good anymore as my hair gets longer... Decisions decisions...:confused:

ravenskey
May 20th, 2018, 12:33 PM
I say nay but you look really nice in both photos.

NikitaJane
May 20th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Update:

I've decided I won't be cutting them back in, they were too much of a pain to grow out the first time.
Instead I'm going to put my mind to learning some bun styles to stop myself getting bored with wearing my hair the same way all the time.