PDA

View Full Version : Questions about LHC meetings

Elizabeth E
May 15th, 2018, 12:22 PM
While reading through older posts last night, I noticed that meetings of LHC members are mentioned and I just wondered about it, since it sounds like a lot of fun. So I would like to know:
Where are meetings held? (as in, major cities? Indoors or outside?)
How do members know when meetings are coming up? (will that be marked on the monthly calendar?)
And this one I guess I already know ;) but...what do you usually do at meetings?
Thanks in advance!

Glitch
May 15th, 2018, 01:05 PM
I haven't been to one, but there's a "Community Meets" discussion board all about them (when, where, what, etc.), here (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20). However, I believe you need to have at least 100 posts before it's visible, probably for security reasons. Here are the overall permission rules (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68519) :o

Elizabeth E
May 15th, 2018, 01:23 PM
OK, thank you very much!

Glitch
May 15th, 2018, 02:16 PM
OK, thank you very much!

You're welcome! :heartbeat

Julescarm
May 15th, 2018, 02:28 PM
I had been wondering about this too. Good to know!

EdG
May 15th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Where are meetings held? (as in, major cities? Indoors or outside?)We usually meet at parks, college campuses, free outdoor festivals, and indoor shopping malls.

And this one I guess I already know ;) but...what do you usually do at meetings?We have the most fun imaginable: conversation, taking hair pictures, showing off hair toys, easy walking/hiking, and eating at great restaurants. :)
Ed

Cybercat
May 15th, 2018, 05:41 PM
I guess the posting limits, weed out those with a passing interest.

Corvana
May 15th, 2018, 08:55 PM

Along with those who are here to... Just "look" if you catch my drift.

Elizabeth E
May 16th, 2018, 12:18 AM
Interesting to know. Since I'm planning to be here for a looong time, I'll be slowly making my way up to a hundred posts.

We have the most fun imaginable: conversation, taking hair pictures, showing off hair toys, easy walking/hiking, and eating at great restaurants

That does sound like the most fun imaginable!

Milady_DeWinter
May 16th, 2018, 12:23 AM
Sigh* I'd love to be at one. Sounds fantastic! :crush:

Beatnik Guy
May 16th, 2018, 06:25 AM

It also allows the moderators the chance to weed out any freaks that we wouldn't like attending meetings and block progression to the next permission level. I think you also need to have been a member for 30 (or 60?) days before permissions kick in.