PDA

View Full Version : My first year on LHC (pics)

Dendra
May 14th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Hey everyone :waving:

One year ago today I joined LHC. When I came here I had dye damaged hair, which was lots of different lengths, that I'd never learned to take care of. Not through laziness, just ignorance. When hairdressers would say my hair was a little dry, I assumed it was something they said to everyone to make you buy products. How wrong I was!

I didn't come here intending to grow my hair, I just wanted to improve its condition. But, obviously (as LHC-itis is catching) I decided to grow from APL to waist. I'm not there yet, still around MBL after trimming 3" since I joined. Most importantly, this community of all you lovely people has transformed my hair, so thank you so much for being so nice, welcoming and knowledgeable :grouphug:

Anyway, here's my first length photo (taken 3 weeks after I joined)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27677&d=1497818748

I feel like one of the only people on here who believes their hair is longer than it is, the whole time I've been growing it's felt really long and then when I look back at pictures I'm like :confused: it was so short! Like here:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28380&d=1502291693

Here's when I reached BSL in November:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29060&d=1510661648

My first LWB, in January:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29972&d=1516717049

I was so happy with this! I've worn my hair like this every day since then.

This is from one month ago, and shows how my virgin hair is at my shoulders now (yay)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31272&d=1523828043

Dendra
May 14th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Here's another to show my virgin hair, though it's hard to see the demarcation
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31273&d=1523828092

Finally my latest length shot from earlier this month; there's 11 months between this and my first photo
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31694&d=1526332796

As you can see there's still a chunk of hair on the right of my hemline that's shorter than the rest. I'll microtrim or chop to even that out at some point. Overall though I'm really happy with the condition of my hair, it's silky like it was when I was a kid and I actually get compliments when I wear it down. Also I've discovered a sincere love for wooden hair forks :heart:

Lastly I wanted to say that having been very paranoid about damage at the beginning of my hair journey, I've relaxed a lot now and even wore my hair down for the first time in a year the other day! It feels really great to loosen up a little and enjoy my hair in a more level-headed way.

Anyway thanks again for all the help and encouragement, it has meant a lot to me :flower:

Glitch
May 14th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Yay!! Congrats! :heartbeat
Your hair looks so much healthier already :D And what a nice bun. It's amazing how even a year can transform so much. Also, agreed, LHC is indeed full of influence lol, glad that you're close to waist!

Dendra
May 14th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Ahhh thank you Glitch :flower: that's so nice.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 14th, 2018, 04:46 PM
That's such a difference in your hair, it looks so much healthier now! It is responding very happily to your LHC care. I love your bun too! Happy 1st year hairiversary :D

lapushka
May 14th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Amazing, Dendra! Congrats on your first year. Many more to come, right? :D

Beckstar
May 14th, 2018, 05:12 PM
You've had a very good year!

Glitch
May 14th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Ahhh thank you Glitch :flower: that's so nice.

Of course! :D you're very welcome <3

Groovy Granny
May 14th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Congrats on your great progress :applause

Milady_DeWinter
May 14th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Congrats Dendra! :flowers: The improvement is so obvious, your hair not only looks longer but healthier! :D

Kat-Rinnč Naido
May 14th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Congratulations on your 1st year. May you have many more to come. Enjoy every experience.

Corvana
May 15th, 2018, 01:14 AM
:cheer: Yeeeaah! Happy anniversary!! Your hair is so lovely :crush: I love that LWB!! I can't wait to be able to do one, and I hope it's as gorgeous as yours!

Lumienkeli
May 15th, 2018, 01:38 AM
What a difference! Congratulations! Your hair looks so soft and shiny! And that bun! :)

Lady Stardust
May 15th, 2018, 02:54 AM
Dendra your hair looks amazing! Great progress over just one year.

You have such a beautiful wave pattern, it looks like it really frames your face. Veronica Lake waves occurring naturally - stunning.

Sarez
May 15th, 2018, 03:53 AM
Amazing beautiful hair!! Congrats on your one year too :)
I was like you, I had no idea how to look after my hair properly at all, and I'm still growing out bleach damage.
Good luck for the future years :grouphug:

spidermom
May 15th, 2018, 06:37 AM
You have a good growth rate; very nice.

lithostoic
May 15th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Yayy congrats!

mwallingford
May 15th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Congratulations on your first year and healthy long hair! And that bun and fork are beautiful! I don't know if you'll see this post, but I'd love to know where you got that fork; it looks like ebony

Dendra
May 15th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and encourgement Sarahlabyrinth, lapushka, Beckstar, Glitch, Groovy Granny, Milady_deWinter, Kat-Rinne Naido, Corvana, Lumienkeli, Lady Stardust, Sarez, spidermom, lithostoic and mwallingford! You all totally made my day :bounce:

lapushka hopefully yes there will be many more years to come! I'm excited to see where I'll be next anniversary, hopefully at waist.

Corvana your LWB, when you manage it, will be glorious!

Sarez thank you so much and good luck to you too on growing out your bleach damage (your hair already looks great in your avatar)

Lady Stardust, how kind, thank you. I looked Veronica Lake up and her hair's incredible! :heart:

mwallingford thank you, and the fork is indeed ebony and made by 60th street, though I got it from the swap board. If you haven't got one by them I highly recommend them :)

nycelle
May 15th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Happy Anni!!
You've had a lot of growth and your hair looks much healthier. Nice job, Dendra :thumbsup:

Dendra
May 15th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Thank you nycelle :) :)

GrowlingCupcake
May 15th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks great, and I love your LWB! I wish mine came out that well.

Zesty
May 15th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Congratulations! Looks like you've made impressive strides, and it's also good to hear that you can relax and enjoy it. :)

Saige
May 16th, 2018, 12:07 AM
Congrats Dendra! Your hair is gorgeous! You've made great progress!

Elizabeth E
May 16th, 2018, 02:55 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks amazing and I love your shine!

Dendra
May 16th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Ahh thank you so much GrowlingCupcake, Zesty, Saige and Elizabeth E, I'm grinning ear to ear :flowers:

Zesty it really is so good to relax about it :coolblue:

Kake
May 16th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Beautiful hair!

Jas
May 16th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Oh! I must have missed this, your hair is definitely healthier and as always, I love your virgin hair colour :D Such gorgeous hair, it'll look amazing at waist!

Dendra
May 16th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Thank you Kake :) and Jas that is so sweet and lovely, I hope it does, thank you :heartbeat

egcmi
May 16th, 2018, 04:50 PM
congratulations on your first year, the difference is definitely notable! and happy growing

Sarez
May 18th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and encourgement Sarahlabyrinth, lapushka, Beckstar, Glitch, Groovy Granny, Milady_deWinter, Kat-Rinne Naido, Corvana, Lumienkeli, Lady Stardust, Sarez, spidermom, lithostoic and mwallingford! You all totally made my day :bounce:

Sarez thank you so much and good luck to you too on growing out your bleach damage (your hair already looks great in your avatar)

You are very much welcome, and thank you for the compliment :D

torosaurus
May 23rd, 2018, 06:04 PM
Your hair is amazing, Dendra! I absolutely love your natural color. Congratulations! The best of luck to you growing <3

mwallingford
May 23rd, 2018, 07:38 PM

lapushka hopefully yes there will be many more years to come! I'm excited to see where I'll be next anniversary, hopefully at waist.

Corvana your LWB, when you manage it, will be glorious!

Lady Stardust, how kind, thank you. I looked Veronica Lake up and her hair's incredible! :heart:

mwallingford thank you, and the fork is indeed ebony and made by 60th street, though I got it from the swap board. If you haven't got one by them I highly recommend them :)

Sorry this is a late response, but thanks for letting me know! Ebony is such a pretty wood and I've been looking at ebony hair goodies for a while now. I've never heard anybody say anything bad about 60th street, so it's definitely on my bucket list to get one. Thanks again, and happy growing! :flowers:

DweamGoiL
May 23rd, 2018, 07:58 PM
Dendra, your hair is much healthier, longer, and looks softer. Congratulations on the wonderful progress!

pili
May 23rd, 2018, 10:35 PM
Dendra, your hair is beautiful! The improvement in health is really impressive. Good job on your first year!

Dendra
May 24th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Thank you so much torosaurus, DweamGoiL and pili :cloud9: it means a lot that you guys like my hair, yours is stunning!

Sorry this is a late response, but thanks for letting me know! Ebony is such a pretty wood and I've been looking at ebony hair goodies for a while now. I've never heard anybody say anything bad about 60th street, so it's definitely on my bucket list to get one. Thanks again, and happy growing! :flowers:

No worries :) I love ebony too! And yup, I can't think of one bad thing to say about them apart from they can be hard to get hold of! I'm sure you'd love a fork from them. Thanks again :flower: