PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Known Or Know Anyone With Classic Length Hair?

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Hi all,

I had two family members that had classic length hair when they were both younger. I had never seen them with it before. I was wondering if anyone else knew anyone with classic length hair?

lapushka
May 14th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Nope. No-one in my family.

My mom once (in her 40s) had flaming red BSL hair, which she wore in a bee-butt bun with thicker bangs. She was such an inspiration to me at that time. She had i/ii hair at the time. Now it's i mostly and she wears it between shoulder & APL (light blonde for the gray).

WyntreBlossom
May 14th, 2018, 03:13 PM
My sister had Hip length hair when she was a teenager (she is 6 years older than me), and I always loved and wanted her hair. She cut it all off after her first child though, and is now trying to grow it back:P Her hair is a bit longer than mine, but very close to being the same. (She has regular trims.)

lithostoic
May 14th, 2018, 03:15 PM
One of my friends has had classic length for years.

Glitch
May 14th, 2018, 03:21 PM
My mom used to have knee length hair, if that counts! Except, I never got to see it :(

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 03:24 PM
My sister had Hip length hair when she was a teenager (she is 6 years older than me), and I always loved and wanted her hair. She cut it all off after her first child though, and is now trying to grow it back:P Her hair is a bit longer than mine, but very close to being the same. (She has regular trims.)

That's the length that I'm trying to reach at the end of this year. Which is Hip Length. Your sister was so lucky to have hair that long when she was a teenager. I bet you did always love and want her hair. I bet the reason why she cut it all off after her first child was because she didn't want her child to pull on it, and break it off. I'm very glad to hear that she's trying to grow it back. :D How long is yours? Why is she going through regular trims? How often does she trim? I don't trim my hair that often for it to grow healthy. I just keep it well=moisturized and condition it a lot. Right now, my hair is between MBL and Waist Length.

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Yes, knee length counts. Oh yeah, I know what you mean about not ever seeing any of your family members with hair that long. I didn't get to see my aunt or cousin's hair at classic length. They cut it all off before I was born. :(

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Nope. No-one in my family.

My mom once (in her 40s) had flaming red BSL hair, which she wore in a bee-butt bun with thicker bangs. She was such an inspiration to me at that time. She had i/ii hair at the time. Now it's i mostly and she wears it between shoulder & APL (light blonde for the gray).

Oh, I love flaming red hair! I bet your mom's hair was beautiful that color. I also bet that your mom was an inspiration to you at that time. Yeah, I've heard for some people that the older they get the shorter they want to wear it.

WyntreBlossom
May 14th, 2018, 03:31 PM
That's the length that I'm trying to reach at the end of this year. Which is Hip Length. Your sister was so lucky to have hair that long when she was a teenager. I bet you did always love and want her hair. I bet the reason why she cut it all off after her first child was because she didn't want her child to pull on it, and break it off. I'm very glad to hear that she's trying to grow it back. :D How long is yours? Why is she going through regular trims? How often does she trim? I don't trim my hair that often for it to grow healthy. I just keep it well=moisturized and condition it a lot. Right now, my hair is between MBL and Waist Length.

She believes regular trims will help it grow longer XD. Mine is somewhere in limbo between APL and BSL right now. Approaching BSL. Hers is probably just past BSL. Im not sure how often she trims. I only ever see her or talk to her a family events. But that last time we talked she mentioned she was no longer dying it and was trying to grow it out a bit. So im happy for her :)

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 03:50 PM
She believes regular trims will help it grow longer XD. Mine is somewhere in limbo between APL and BSL right now. Approaching BSL. Hers is probably just past BSL. Im not sure how often she trims. I only ever see her or talk to her a family events. But that last time we talked she mentioned she was no longer dying it and was trying to grow it out a bit. So im happy for her :)

Yes, I know that there are still some people out there that believe in regular trims will help it grow longer. Not me. Oh, ok cool. That sounds like a nice length hair you right now. I remember the last time I was BSL, and I was there for a long while before I reached MBL or Waist Length. Oh, I'm glad to hear that she no longer dye's it, and she's trying to grow it out a bit. Well, I still dye mine but I really spread out my dyeing treatments out to 3 or 4 months instead of doing it every 4-6 weeks or 8 weeks. I'm so happy for her too! :)

CoveredByLove
May 14th, 2018, 04:08 PM
My mother had classic length hair when I was younger. :)

ThrowNormanAway
May 14th, 2018, 04:30 PM
No one in my family ever had hair as long as mine, in fact most women in my family have very short hair. Some of my cousins in their 20’s hover around bsl to waist, but are ever inching shorter as styles change and they get frequent salon haircuts and stylings. In my teens I had hip length hair for ages, and then waist, then back down to hip before long. I always admired rapunzel lengths and knew I could do I. No real life inspiration though, unfortunately!!

Andthetalltrees
May 14th, 2018, 04:37 PM
My aunt had Classic+ for quite a few years

lapushka
May 14th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Oh rats, I forgot about my great-great grandma, who had knee length, she was a midwife and helped my grandma give birth to my mom and all her siblings, bar 2 who were born at the hospital when she was no longer with us. Amazing woman!

Glitch
May 14th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Yes, knee length counts. Oh yeah, I know what you mean about not ever seeing any of your family members with hair that long. I didn't get to see my aunt or cousin's hair at classic length. They cut it all off before I was born. :(

Yeah, same with my mom, before I was born :( Sucks! Would have loved to see it and know exactly what they do for it, etc. Ah well, I'm sure when you reach classic you'll be that one person for many others :heartbeat And most likely a great source of inspiration! ;)

*Wednesday*
May 14th, 2018, 05:15 PM
My great grandfather had hip length hair. He was American Indian if that counts. As he got older had diabetes and his hair thinned. He lived to 99.

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Yeah, same with my mom, before I was born :( Sucks! Would have loved to see it and know exactly what they do for it, etc. Ah well, I'm sure when you reach classic you'll be that one person for many others :heartbeat And most likely a great source of inspiration! ;)

Yes, it does suck! I also wish that I was able to see both my aunt and cousin's classic length hair before they cut it after I was born too! I say the same too...lol "Ah well," Yes, I'm also sure when I reach classic I'll be that one person for many others :heartbeat And most likely a great source of inspiration too! ;) I have another cousin in the family that has had hip length or BCL before but over the years she had cut it all off to MBL. So, at least I know that I won't be the only one in the family that can grow superlong hair.:)

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 05:31 PM
My great grandfather had hip length hair. He was American Indian if that counts. As he got older had diabetes and his hair thinned. He lived to 99.

Wow, I can't believe a man could grow hair that long in real life naturally. Awe, I'm so sorry to hear that about your great grandfatther passing away at 99. Yes, I've heard that certain health conditions can make the hair thin.

Aredhel
May 14th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Do I count as someone I know? ;) I used to have my hair at thigh length for a couple of years before I cut it to MBL, I needed a change. :)

My aunt used to have her hair at around hip-ish length when she was younger, my grandma told me about her hair when she was a young girl, hers was about TBL. I've seen pictures of my mother from when I was a baby, and at one point she had very long hair too... it was hard to tell from some photos if it was as long as classic, but it was pretty darn close at least. :)

trolleypup
May 14th, 2018, 06:04 PM
Wow, I can't believe a man could grow hair that long in real life naturally.
:waves:

Do I count as someone I know? ;) I used to have my hair at thigh length for a couple of years before I cut it to MBL, I needed a change. :)
Didn't stop at classic, I hope that counts. Dianayla is, of course, past classic too. Pleanty of friends and acquaintances who have or have had hair around classic over the years.

DryadicSeaNymph
May 14th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Wow, I can't believe a man could grow hair that long in real life naturally. Awe, I'm so sorry to hear that about your great grandfatther passing away at 99. Yes, I've heard that certain health conditions can make the hair thin.

Men and women are not different about hair. Both my boys have fantastic hair. Most guys do! People take note of guys who reach terminal early, but.... you will notice a lot of women cannot grow long either. Honestly, I do not understand why people think it's "easy" if you are girl, and nearly impossible if you are male. -.-

Glitch
May 14th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Men and women are not different about hair. Both my boys have fantastic hair. Most guys do! People take note of guys who reach terminal early, but.... you will notice a lot of women cannot grow long either. Honestly, I do not understand why people think it's "easy" if you are girl, and nearly impossible if you are male. -.-

Interesting! It's really the opposite thought process where I live, since the girls specifically heat style, perm, color, and so on more often than the guys, who tend to let it be and have it so healthy :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 14th, 2018, 07:16 PM
My grandmother had classic length hair - my father used to sit on her bed when he was a little boy and watch her brushing it. She died before I was born. I have the longest hair of anyone in my family (currently at knee) though there may have been those with longer hair in past centuries, but that is something I will never know....

pailin
May 14th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Mine is classic now. I've known a couple of women with hair that long or longer, one of them being a coworker currently. And around where I live, there's still some traditionally long-haired culture (long hair on women very much prized) so you will occasionally see very long braids in public.

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 07:46 PM
My aunt had Classic+ for quite a few years

Both my aunt and cousin had Classic Length for quite a few years before they chopped theirs all off too, and I had never gotten the chance to see it after I was born. :(

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Mine is classic now. I've known a couple of women with hair that long or longer, one of them being a coworker currently. And around where I live, there's still some traditionally long-haired culture (long hair on women very much prized) so you will occasionally see very long braids in public.

Congratulations on reaching Classic Length! :) I wish i knew someone currently with hair that long. I bet around where you live there's still some traditionally long-haired culture(long hair on women very much prize). Well, where I live you also see a lot of long-haired women too with long braids or hair too in public.

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 07:53 PM

Yes, I have learned that since joining here at the LHC. Yes, that is very true that you notice some women are not able to grow long hair is true. I don't understand why people think it's "easy" if you are a girl, and nearly impossible if you are male.

Jo Ann
May 14th, 2018, 09:03 PM
A friend of mine from back in the 1970s had classic length hair. She cut it to jaw length just after she got engaged. We recently saw each other again about a month ago. Her hair is now almost BSL. You should've seen the look on her youngest son's face when I told him I remembered his mother's hair and showed him how long it was! :shocked:

Corvana
May 15th, 2018, 12:39 AM
Let's see... Do children count? If so, absolutely! My best friend's daughter has classic or even FTL hair, at the age of 8. My best friend herself is somewhere between BCL and classic, last I saw. She's in Iowa, though, so it's not like I see her incredibly often :laugh:

A girl in my high school had classic length hair as well!

And another friend of mine currently has BCL or TBL hair!

Milady_DeWinter
May 15th, 2018, 01:40 AM
Not classic, but I remember my mom having BCL hair when I was a kid. She now just prefer to wear it short, but loves my long hair and all the hairstyles i'm doing with it :o

Dark40
May 15th, 2018, 12:13 PM

Didn't stop at classic, I hope that counts. Dianayla is, of course, past classic too. Pleanty of friends and acquaintances who have or have had hair around classic over the years.

Yeah, me too also have a friend that used to have ankle length hair when she was a lot younger, and I had another friend that had hip length hair in high school. Her hair was almost BCL! But she would always have it trimmed up to hip length.

Dark40
May 15th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Corvana, yes children do count! Wow, that's awesome! I think BCL and TBL are 2 nice lengths to be at. :) I also had a friend in high school that had Hip Length near TBL too!

Hele
May 15th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Wow, I can't believe a man could grow hair that long in real life naturally.

my dad is Native American and we lived with his family when i was young, all the men in the family had hair in the classic range that they always wore down in a braid or a ponytail. Interestingly all the women chose to keep their hair on the short side. :p My mom also had longer than average hair, though i think she generally kept it around hip length. Once my dad got out of the military he grew his hair to at least classic, until the day he randomly shaved his head and has stayed that way ever since. Also i've met LHC's very own Dave Decker, so there's always that! :rolling: Now that i'm thinking about it, a guy i dated in my early 30's had blonde classic length hair and he's the reason i decided to grow my hair back out, had to show him up!

my hair is also past classic, though i suppose that doesn't count for this! There's also a lot of Pentecostal women in my area who are in the classic range but i don't know any of them personally.

Dark40
May 16th, 2018, 11:53 AM
my dad is Native American and we lived with his family when i was young, all the men in the family had hair in the classic range that they always wore down in a braid or a ponytail. Interestingly all the women chose to keep their hair on the short side. :p My mom also had longer than average hair, though i think she generally kept it around hip length. Once my dad got out of the military he grew his hair to at least classic, until the day he randomly shaved his head and has stayed that way ever since. Also i've met LHC's very own Dave Decker, so there's always that! :rolling: Now that i'm thinking about it, a guy i dated in my early 30's had blonde classic length hair and he's the reason i decided to grow my hair back out, had to show him up!

my hair is also past classic, though i suppose that doesn't count for this! There's also a lot of Pentecostal women in my area who are in the classic range but i don't know any of them personally.

Wow, that's interesting! I've always known that Native Americans can grow some really beautiful long hair to classic length and even longer. I also love blonde classic length or longer hair too! Oh yeah, I've heard of Dave Decker on here. I'm glad those 2 people are inspirations for you growing out your hair as well! :) You are so blessed to have hair that is past classic! I really wish mine was at classic of past it by now. I've got another 2 or 3 more years before I reach it at that length. Oh sure, that counts for this! I count anybody's hair that is classic and beyond counts! Yes, I've always known some religions don't believe in cutting their hair. Like what my grandmother has always told my mom, "Your hair is your crown and glory!" "You should never cut your hair," and my mom would always keep her hair cut short in a, "pixie style." But she has it very long now which is BSL.

blushy
May 17th, 2018, 06:25 PM
I've seen classic length hair a few times in my life, one time specifically stood out to me- there was this girl I went to high school with who had GORGEOUS light brown classic length hair and I was so jealous. No one else at school had hair that long so it was really unique. Ever since then I've wanted hair just like hers haha

Dark40
May 17th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Lol....I bet you've always wanted hair like hers. There was this girl that I went to high school with that had hip length close to tailbone length hair, and we became good friends. From that day on I always admired her hair. She was the only one at that school with hair that long. I always wanted hair like hers too. She also had light brown or sandy brown hip length/tailbone length hair.

Otempura
May 17th, 2018, 09:55 PM
I know quite a few people and it makes me so envious lol

Arciela
May 18th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Mine was classic growing up, and now close to being classic again :) I had a friend who also has classic length hair in middle school, then in high school she did a pixie and never looked back.

My Aunt had floor length hair, extremely thick and coarse. Kept it that way her entire life :flower:

pili
May 18th, 2018, 08:44 AM
My best friend in middle school had knee length hair, but I have always loved CL+ hair. I grew up hearing about my great-grandmother's floor length braid. I'm also a huge fantasy fiction/medieval history fan. I remember seeing Maid Marian's classic length braids in the 1938 Adventures of Robin Hood when I was really little and wanting my hair to be like that. Of course that was fake, but little girls can dream.

Dark40
May 18th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Mine was classic growing up, and now close to being classic again :) I had a friend who also has classic length hair in middle school, then in high school she did a pixie and never looked back.

My Aunt had floor length hair, extremely thick and coarse. Kept it that way her entire life :flower:

Your were so lucky growing up with classic length hair, and also now you're close to being classic again :) Congratulations! One of my friends at church had ankle length hair throughout middle school and high school. After high school she went through the big chop, and chopped it up to hip length for college, and then she finished chopping it again up to shoulder length in college, and she never looked back.

Wow, I bet your aunt's hair was gorgeous at floor length with it being thick and coarse! I'm very happy that there are still some longhairlovers out there in the world....LOL Ankle Length is what I'm aiming for or terminal length. I'm waist length right now.

Dark40
May 18th, 2018, 03:20 PM
I've seen classic length hair a few times in my life, one time specifically stood out to me- there was this girl I went to high school with who had GORGEOUS light brown classic length hair and I was so jealous. No one else at school had hair that long so it was really unique. Ever since then I've wanted hair just like hers haha

Wow, I also went to high school with and was friends with this girl that also had light brown or sandy brown hip length hair and it was GORGEOUS! I would often be jealous of her beautiful light brown hair too wishing that I had hip length hair like hers. Also, no one at the school had hair that long or longer than that it was also unique but me myself always knew that I could grow hair a lot longer than hers :D I also bet that you did want hair like hers haha

Dark40
May 21st, 2018, 08:19 PM
I just had share with you all that on today while I was at Walmart I saw an older lady looking like she was in her mid 50's or mid 60's, and her hair looked like it was extremely long. Like, about from thigh length on down. I couldn't really tell. Because, she had it up in a big bun with a borette. But her bun very HUGE. So, I'm figuring that her hair length was thigh length and beyond.

LadyArwen
May 22nd, 2018, 11:05 PM
Nope, by the end of the year mine will be classic length...I have tried to convince friends to do it with me to no avail :(

Dark40
May 23rd, 2018, 01:29 PM
Nope, by the end of the year mine will be classic length...I have tried to convince friends to do it with me to no avail :(

Oh, that's a shame. You are so lucky to be reaching classic length by the end of the year. I'm so sorry to hear that with you trying to convince friends to do it with you to no avail :( Well, maybe you can convince some others to do it with you then. I'm hoping to have reached hip or tailbone length by the end of the year.

Aunt Rapunzel
May 23rd, 2018, 02:05 PM
My niece was at classic length with gorgeous, thick, strawberry-blonde hair until she was 11, and her mom made her cut it to chin length. :( My niece cried and cried. Her mom thought that she wouldn't "fit in" if her hair was too long.

My mom and I both had classic length hair for a long time. My mom had her hair cut, and donated it to a group called Children with Hair Loss. She was 70 when she donated, and her hair was still all naturally brown. I had mine cut to donate three times. Coming up on the fourth donation this December, in memory of my dad. I MAY hit classic before I donate. Then I'll be back to growing it out toward classic again! My grandma had knee-length hair for years.

Dark40
May 23rd, 2018, 03:58 PM
My niece was at classic length with gorgeous, thick, strawberry-blonde hair until she was 11, and her mom made her cut it to chin length. :( My niece cried and cried. Her mom thought that she wouldn't "fit in" if her hair was too long.

My mom and I both had classic length hair for a long time. My mom had her hair cut, and donated it to a group called Children with Hair Loss. She was 70 when she donated, and her hair was still all naturally brown. I had mine cut to donate three times. Coming up on the fourth donation this December, in memory of my dad. I MAY hit classic before I donate. Then I'll be back to growing it out toward classic again! My grandma had knee-length hair for years.

Wow, I bet your niece did have gorgeous classic length hair when she was a child. Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that her mom cut it to chin length at age 11. That's the same thing that happened to the well-known country music singer, "Crystal Gayle." When she was a child her mom would often keep her hair cut or trimmed up to a chin length bob.

Wow, you and your mom are so lucky to ever have hair as long as classic length for a long time. Yes, I've heard of people letting their hair grow a certain length, cutting it, and donating it different charities. I really hope that after you donate your classic length hair this December you will let your hair grow back out to classic length again. I also bet your grandma's hair was beautiful at knee length for many years!

Elizabeth E
May 28th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Around here, I've seen everything up until TBL (last mentioned only twice) and I once saw ankle-length hair. But I've never seen CL in real life - will probably only do so when my own hair gets that long!
Twelve more inches to go...:pray:

Kibrah
May 28th, 2018, 11:05 AM
My mom had classic length and sometimes a bit longer most of her life. She has chopped a few times but always regretted it and grew it back. Her hair really is about damage proof it seems and it grows very fast. To bad I got my hair genes from my dad's side.

Dark40
May 31st, 2018, 03:28 PM
Kibrah, Your mom is so blessed to be able to grow hair as long as classic length, and also having it all of her life. I bet when she did decide to chop it all off the few times she did she did regret it. I also bet that her hair is about damage proof, and that it also grows very fast. Awwwww, that is to bad that you have your hair genes from your dad's side.