PDA

View Full Version : First real haircut in 5 years

njrb
May 13th, 2018, 09:54 PM
I thought about it a lot, but finally decided to go through with a fairly drastic cut, from past waist to a bit shorter than APL. I had been contemplating cutting for a while and took time to really think it through especially after getting advice on here to take it slow and go in increments. But in the end I felt better about just cutting a bunch all in one go. Part of me just wanted to experience that since I've never had hair long enough to even consider that before.

Overall I am happy I did it. I was a bit worried I'd have regrets because of all the time and effort that goes into growing hair, but I really haven't. I miss the length a bit on occasion mostly that my braid has been reduced to a chunky stub. Instead I've been taking advantage of being able to wear ponytails again and occasionally loose. It has been a fun change and to see how it behave differently without all that weight, it moves a ton which I had forgotten. I do plan on growing it back out, but I enjoy the journey so it won't be an anxious one. Look forward to growing with you all for a second time.

Here's a shot from the front since it was simple to take a quick selfie, and surprisingly all my hair fits easily.

https://imgur.com/a/3nA91wq

Sarahlabyrinth
May 13th, 2018, 09:56 PM
It looks great! Enjoy your new length!

Groovy Granny
May 13th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Wow, it looks great....and thick; very nice....enjoy :thumbsup:

Beckstar
May 13th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Very nice. That's a really good length on you.

Glitch
May 13th, 2018, 11:03 PM
Gosh, your hair is super beautiful! Such incredibly thick ends, and with an overall healthy glow. Love the cut/hair overall!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
May 13th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Congratulations on your new cut. The most important thing is that you are happy with your hair again. Enjoy your new length.

Lady Stardust
May 14th, 2018, 02:42 AM
It looks great! Enjoy.

Borgessa
May 14th, 2018, 03:57 AM
Sooo thick and beautiful, or is that handsome.. :)

lapushka
May 14th, 2018, 04:15 AM
It looks really neat & polished to me. :) Love the cut, the color - yeah, nothing to remark. ;)

And it can be quite a "shock" to go so fast in just one go, as you have experienced yourself but I'm glad it turned out great in the end and that you are happy with the cut, that is the most important thing.

And it's still got some length to it; for regular society's standards it is still long.

Milady_DeWinter
May 14th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Looks great! So thick and healthy :D

lithostoic
May 14th, 2018, 08:14 AM
I like it!

goneJackal
May 19th, 2018, 03:25 PM
Looks awesome and very healthy! https://felipesv.websiteseguro.com/forum/k_blackhair.gif

pili
May 19th, 2018, 03:35 PM
It looks really good. And the most important thing is you are happy with it.

njrb
May 19th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments! I'm still very pleased with the decision. It is great that LHC is so positive and supportive, even when that decision is to have shorter hair.