PDA

View Full Version : 1st LHC Anniversary!

Corvana
May 13th, 2018, 12:02 PM
A yeeaaarr!! Well, I'm a couple days early, but I'm just excited!

Let's see let's see... I've been growing my hair since February or March of 2016! But I started with a mohawk, and was going to just grow that long and keep the sides short. But several months later, after shaving the sides again, I realized that I wanted all of my hair to be long! So that was the last time I shaved my sides and started the torture of growing them out :laugh:. Luckily the top was long enough to hide it!

I started to get more interested in hair care in April-ish 2017, and watched a bunch of youtube videos about it. Then coffee&makeup's video was recommended (and isn't it always?! I see that listed as a reason for joining here all the time!), and I realized a goal of mine: to have like hip length hair.

So I pop up here, read tons of threads, and then decide to make an account and read even more threads while waiting for confirmation. I also spent some time digging through old photos and learned that I'd already had waist length hair at one point, so that was no longer my goal as I didn't even notice it was that long. Can't be that bad if I didn't notice!

So new "first" goal became hip, and my ultimate goal is fingertip.

Then the best day of my hair life happened: I learned I was a wavy! Or at least a more-wavy-than-not-wavy! And treating my hair as wavy fixed every other problem I've had with my hair that caused me to just view it as "a thing that exists" and actively enjoy it. And seeing others on here with similar, or even almost identical, colors to mine has made me really love that as well!

After a big ol' trim, I hit APL in March after being in the SL to APL thread from the time I joined. It... wears on you, that milestone :laugh:. For me, the difference from SL to APL is the same as APL to waist. Like, hot dog! That's a big ol' gap. Anyway, I'll either hit waist just barely, or I'll be SUPER CLOSE by the end of the year!

Picture time? Picture time!

First length shot:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27393&d=1495445474

Length shot after I'd regrown all that I'd trimmed in June, plus a tiny bit more:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28784&d=1506989142

April's length shot:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31047&d=1522614783

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31046&d=1522614709

I really like this comparison, because it shows both length gains and the difference that treating my hair as wavy has made. All of the photos were taken right after washing and air drying, the first and last not touching it, and the middle two after brushing! My hair always had an aura of roughness due to massive frizz until I'd slept on it. You can really see what I mean in the larger versions above. But it doesn't do that anymore! I do still have some frizz, but the overall aura is of shiny softness! I no longer wash my hair the day before I have to go somewhere so that it'll "actually look nice"!

First real updo I posted:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28107&d=1500448589

Barely a bun, the ends are totally held in with the scrunchie you can see peeking out and I'm pretty sure it exploded all the way within a few hours!

My most recent cinnabun:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31673&d=1526234423

It's hanging on :laugh:

Corvana
May 13th, 2018, 12:03 PM
A couple more! My first go at a disc bun:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28653&d=1505095241

:laugh:

My most recent disc (that I took a pic of):

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31466&d=1525136280

And my first official nautilus!:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31363&d=1524302223

njrb
May 13th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Congratulations! That's great progress, and your hair seems to be in much better (and excellent) shape compared to where you started out. Keep Going!

Lumienkeli
May 13th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Congratulations! Huge difference in a year especially texture-like! I hope I can have something similar that your full, healthy shiny hair! I am so excited about your hair at longer length! I love your buns too, but I already told it! :)

Please could you share your current routine?

prairie lark
May 13th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Happy anni! :flowers:

Corvana
May 13th, 2018, 01:24 PM
Thank you njrb and prairie lark!

Congratulations! Huge difference in a year especially texture-like! I hope I can have something similar that your full, healthy shiny hair! I am so excited about your hair at longer length! I love your buns too, but I already told it! :)

Please could you share your current routine?

Oh gosh, thank you! :o

Uuuuh my not-being-lazy routine is shampoo (shea moisture manuka honey), conditioner (suave essentials cherry blossom), conditioner (same one), cold rinse with ACV (hard water! Helps with buildup), then I put a little oil and a little curl cream on when my hair is still dripping. Then I plop for like... an hour because I forgot about it, then let it air dry or I diffuse on cool or warm if I feel like it or need my hair to be all dry ASAP.

My being lazy routine is shampoo, conditioner, conditioner, cold rinse with ACV if I remembered to get it, and then plopping for like an hour and air drying.

And sometimes I clarify with suave daily clarifying! And if I clarify I probably condition with my shea moisture manuka honey deep conditioner.

I only wash like once a week, though!

Jas
May 13th, 2018, 01:28 PM
I can't wait to see you hair when it's longer! It looks gorgeous and definitely some wave there! :D happy one year anniversary!!

Glitch
May 13th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Congratulations!! I can see good progress :o, and your buns are looking great!

_fred_
May 13th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Happy anniversary, and congratulations! :cheer:

shaluwm_agape
May 13th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Happy 1 yr! this is soooo exciting

Sarahlabyrinth
May 13th, 2018, 02:46 PM
Wow, one year already? I remember you joining! Your hair looks in magnificent condition and your buns are thudworthy! Congratulations! :D

Groovy Granny
May 13th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Nice progress ~ congrats :applause

lapushka
May 13th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Congratulations on a year, and on your progress. :D

alimc
May 13th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Congratulations!

I’m VERY excited to see your hair as it grows, as the difference in texture from your first to last photo is unbelievable. Wavy really suits you... :heartbeat

egcmi
May 13th, 2018, 03:46 PM
wow you made great progress! congrats :bounce:

BrightEyes
May 13th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Your hair is simply gorgeous! I especially love your updos. They are so smooth and pretty :)

Dendra
May 13th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Happy one year Corvana! I'm just working on my post now as we are basically LHC twinsies. Keep on growing and enjoying! You have lovely hair :)

Corvana
May 13th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Thank you Jas, Glitch, _fred_, shaluwm_agape, Groovy Granny, and lapushka!

Wow, one year already? I remember you joining! Your hair looks in magnificent condition and your buns are thudworthy! Congratulations! :D

Yes! It doesn't feel like it, though :laugh:. And oh my gosh, thank you! It feels magnificent, as well! I'd thought my hair was really soft before, but now it's sometimes cat tummy soft!

Congratulations!

I’m VERY excited to see your hair as it grows, as the difference in texture from your first to last photo is unbelievable. Wavy really suits you... :heartbeat

Oh goodness, thank you! I've always wanted wavy hair, so it's a real dream come true honestly. And the fact that I don't even need stylers to have waves anymore (that stick around for a few days! Even after bunning!) really hammers home that it's not just an accident or something lol.

Corvana
May 13th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Thank you egcmi and BrightEyes!

And Dendra I can't wait for your post!!

Reyn127
May 13th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Congrats! It's great to see your progress. :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
May 13th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Happy anniversary and congratulations. You have beautiful hair.

Corvana
May 14th, 2018, 12:01 AM
Thank you Reyn127 and Kat-Rinnč Naido! I'm excited for this next year, and can't wait to see where I'll be at in another year.

Starrydandelion
May 14th, 2018, 04:17 AM
Happy one year anniversary, Corvana! I hope you continue to enjoy your hair journey. :flowers:

Milady_DeWinter
May 14th, 2018, 07:34 AM
You made a huge improvement Corvana!! I remember seeing your pics, I like how your hair was slowly covering your back tattoo :) Happy 1st year!

CopperButterfly
May 14th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Congrats! I'm so impressed by your updo's. I'm at a similar length, but I cannot manage such nice looking buns. I love seeing your progress, and your hair looks so amazing wavy.

Corvana
May 15th, 2018, 01:09 AM
Thank you [bStarrydandelion[/b]!

You made a huge improvement Corvana!! I remember seeing your pics, I like how your hair was slowly covering your back tattoo :) Happy 1st year!

Thank you! I'm a little sad that I'm out of tattoos to cover until my lower back (and hopefully one day that one can be permanently covered by a new tattoo... shudder: ) because it was so fun to watch it get eaten up by my hair little by little.

Congrats! I'm so impressed by your updo's. I'm at a similar length, but I cannot manage such nice looking buns. I love seeing your progress, and your hair looks so amazing wavy.

Oh thank you!! I think part of it is my hair's compatibility. I haven't actually changed its designation, but it's apparently more F/M and not due to blend but due to the strands being on the thicker side of F (I did that "count your hairs between a mm test and got more than the F designation, but way less than my roommate's spidersilk fine!). It has thickened up some (3.75" or 3.8" is about where it keeps measuring now, or 9.5 to 9.7cm), but is still technically in the ii range. I like having ii/iii though because I am quite close to iii and I tend to read ii/iii as "anywhere between 3.75 and 4.25 inches", which is maybe not technically correct buuuut...

And of course, I always take photos as soon as my buns are up! If there's too many ends poking out I'll redo it or tuck them in before taking a photo. And I also tend to favor "dirty" hair to clean when taking photos of my buns! My sebum really helps keep my hair in place and looking smooth and shiny. My disc bun photo was taken the 30th, and I washed it last the 27th (and I only remember this because I took a pic of my damp bun lol). So it was in the in-between stage! Still quite clean, but still had a little sebum going for optimal smoothness. I also redid it four times to get it to look nice!

For example, I'm pretty sure this is wash day or the day after:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31357&d=1524302181

I can never get my roots smooth on those two days (and never really bother either).

NightSister
May 15th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Congratulations are of course in order :) Happy anniversary Corvana, you are a great friend to everyone on this forum. And your hair is getting so long and thick, cant wait to see it at the next milestone! :heart:

Corvana
May 15th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Congratulations are of course in order :) Happy anniversary Corvana, you are a great friend to everyone on this forum. And your hair is getting so long and thick, cant wait to see it at the next milestone! :heart:

That is... The sweetest comment, and has absolutely made my day brighter. Thank you so much.

:love:

Corvana
May 16th, 2018, 05:16 PM
-snip-

First real updo I posted:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28107&d=1500448589

Barely a bun, the ends are totally held in with the scrunchie you can see peeking out and I'm pretty sure it exploded all the way within a few hours!

I realized just now that I did my hair today the same way as this, and according to the picture I just took the only difference is the size :laugh:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31706&d=1526512509

That little bit just LOVES to stick out, and I don't know why!! Of course, it does hold way better because the ends aren't barely around, they're all the way around (still not enough to make another section around the middle like a proper cinnabun, though. Also all of my bobby pins have disappeared anyway).

Ligeia Noire
May 16th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Dear Corvana, great progress, great volume, beautiful hair, congratulations!

Lumienkeli
May 17th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Thank you njrb and prairie lark!

Oh gosh, thank you! :o

Uuuuh my not-being-lazy routine is shampoo (shea moisture manuka honey), conditioner (suave essentials cherry blossom), conditioner (same one), cold rinse with ACV (hard water! Helps with buildup), then I put a little oil and a little curl cream on when my hair is still dripping. Then I plop for like... an hour because I forgot about it, then let it air dry or I diffuse on cool or warm if I feel like it or need my hair to be all dry ASAP.

My being lazy routine is shampoo, conditioner, conditioner, cold rinse with ACV if I remembered to get it, and then plopping for like an hour and air drying.

And sometimes I clarify with suave daily clarifying! And if I clarify I probably condition with my shea moisture manuka honey deep conditioner.

I only wash like once a week, though!

Thank you! I might give another go to the vinegar rhinses! It made myy hair so soft. :)
I didn't know if there curl creams are exist before I found LHC. Well, I did not know either that my hair is not that straight :)

Corvana
May 17th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Dear Corvana, great progress, great volume, beautiful hair, congratulations!

:o Thank you!

Thank you! I might give another go to the vinegar rhinses! It made myy hair so soft. :)
I didn't know if there curl creams are exist before I found LHC. Well, I did not know either that my hair is not that straight :)

You're welcome! It definitely makes a difference for me, even if I don't quite have the ratio right for not having it smell :laugh:.

LHC is really great! I wouldn't have known a whole lot without it, and I think I'd be much less happy with my hair as well.

Estrid
May 18th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Congrats, Corvana! :toast: :flowers: I know I've said it before, but your hair grows so fast!

Corvana
May 18th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Congrats, Corvana! :toast: :flowers: I know I've said it before, but your hair grows so fast!

Thank you! I think it only grows fast in the spring :laugh:.

Joyful Mystery
August 29th, 2018, 11:31 AM
I sometimes disappear from the community for a short time (a month or 2 or 3) and I was away doing vacation stuff when you posted this :oops: Happy belated anniversary! Your hair is beautiful and you've made wonderful progress :blossom:

I think we've been in the same length threads since the beginning! I doubt that will always be the case but I look forward to seeing your progress and growing with you. :)

Corvana
August 29th, 2018, 04:29 PM
I sometimes disappear from the community for a short time (a month or 2 or 3) and I was away doing vacation stuff when you posted this :oops: Happy belated anniversary! Your hair is beautiful and you've made wonderful progress :blossom:

I think we've been in the same length threads since the beginning! I doubt that will always be the case but I look forward to seeing your progress and growing with you. :)

Thank you! And it's alright, I don't always pop by here either hehe.

I think we have, yes! You moved to APL to BSL a little before me, though, and either I'll move on before you (short upper torso helps LOL) to BSL to Waist, or I will in that thread! But you'll likely pop back in Waist to Hip/BCL when I'm there because from waist on it's aaaaaaaaaages for me to move to another milestone :laugh:. You might even pass me again! Darn this big bottom and long (for my height!) legs hehe.

*Wednesday*
August 29th, 2018, 07:17 PM
I see in your signature how long it is becoming. You have a beautiful texture.

Joyful Mystery
August 29th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Thank you! And it's alright, I don't always pop by here either hehe.

I think we have, yes! You moved to APL to BSL a little before me, though, and either I'll move on before you (short upper torso helps LOL) to BSL to Waist, or I will in that thread! But you'll likely pop back in Waist to Hip/BCL when I'm there because from waist on it's aaaaaaaaaages for me to move to another milestone :laugh:. You might even pass me again! Darn this big bottom and long (for my height!) legs hehe.

I have a long torso and short legs, so I'm hoping the lower half milestones won't be too bad, lol.

Longlegs
August 29th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Happy anniversary, it looks like it's growing fast to me.

Corvana
August 31st, 2018, 01:51 AM
I see in your signature how long it is becoming. You have a beautiful texture.

Thank you! It's crazy how time is just flying by.

I have a long torso and short legs, so I'm hoping the lower half milestones won't be too bad, lol.

I predict that you'll pass me somewhere around hip to tbl!

Happy anniversary, it looks like it's growing fast to me.

Thank you! It's going about average, but I only take length photos quarterly so I can really see the growth happening.