PDA

View Full Version : New hair care routine and loving it!!

Julescarm
May 12th, 2018, 10:36 PM
I've been growing my hair for three years starting at collarbone length and now at hip length. Recently I've started looking Into alternate cleaning other than shampooing and conditioning. I looked up rice water and made my own fermented rice water and have been applying it and rinsing then following up with a bit of coconut oil and peppermint oil and have been loving the results! It took a week for my hair to adjust but I found I can stretch washes! My version of making the rice water came from a YouTube video. I rinse the rice then add three times the water. Boil it for almost an hour while stirring. Then take the rice and put some into a cloth and squeeze the water into another pot. Then add an orange peel to it and continue boiling until it gets to conditioner texture. I remove the peel and put it in a mason type jar and allow it to ferment and wallah! It cleans just as good. I have noticed less shedding as I also use a BBB.

Also, how can I access my profile to add more info and pics? The page says I'm not authorised.... ?

DryadicSeaNymph
May 12th, 2018, 10:54 PM
Click the settings link up top, those items are on the left side of the resulting page.

Eastbound&Down
May 12th, 2018, 11:52 PM
I'm glad your method is working for you! It's always nice to find a good routine.

Corvana
May 13th, 2018, 01:52 AM
I've been growing my hair for three years starting at collarbone length and now at hip length. Recently I've started looking Into alternate cleaning other than shampooing and conditioning. I looked up rice water and made my own fermented rice water and have been applying it and rinsing then following up with a bit of coconut oil and peppermint oil and have been loving the results! It took a week for my hair to adjust but I found I can stretch washes! My version of making the rice water came from a YouTube video. I rinse the rice then add three times the water. Boil it for almost an hour while stirring. Then take the rice and put some into a cloth and squeeze the water into another pot. Then add an orange peel to it and continue boiling until it gets to conditioner texture. I remove the peel and put it in a mason type jar and allow it to ferment and wallah! It cleans just as good. I have noticed less shedding as I also use a BBB.

Also, how can I access my profile to add more info and pics? The page says I'm not authorised.... ?

For information about permissions, please go here (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68520)!

I'm glad you find a routine that you enjoy!

lapushka
May 13th, 2018, 03:47 AM

Take a look at this:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68520

If you want to share pictures, and you are under 25 posts (and can't have an album on here yet, see link), you can always upload to a photohosting site and do it that way!

ETA: oops I see Corvana already posted the link! My bad. :o

Julescarm
May 13th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Thank you! That really helps! Guess ill be posting more on here. :)

Glitch
May 13th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Lovely reading this!! I started at the same length and the goal is HL.
I've been watching some videos on rice water rinsing - glad to know it's been working out for you!

Julescarm
May 13th, 2018, 10:27 PM
I didn't think it would work, but I realised I had to go through the sebum reset phase. Peppermint oil scalp massages on the nights between washing helps with oily scalp. I massage a couple drops in and go to bed and next morning my head feels refreshed. Just need to remember to put some coconut oil on ends. Lol. Glitch, have you tried the rice water before?

DryadicSeaNymph
May 13th, 2018, 10:34 PM
Rice water left such a film in my hair. Is the fermented better about that?

Julescarm
May 14th, 2018, 09:22 AM
I noticed if I didn't rinse it out all the way I got a film but nothing a little after oil and BBB can't help with. It may not be for everyone but since I have such fine hair it helps with flyaways.