PDA

View Full Version : Cut off a few inches today and happy :)

SeRe
May 12th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Hello All,

I tried cutting my hair myself and the hemline ended up uneven (longer on one side and shorter on another). After cutting 2 inches off in 2 months, I was maintaining tail bone length.

Today I went to a salon for a haircut and asked for 1.5 inches. I'm pretty sure she cut off more because my length is now just where my hips begin/waist ends. But I'm surprisingly very happy with this new length, I think it suits my lifestyle much more than tailbone! I even tipped the stylist extra, LOL! Maybe this is the length for me.

Does anyone else resonate with me or has anyone had similar experiences?

DryadicSeaNymph
May 12th, 2018, 10:50 PM
I think there is something very special about CUTTING BACK TO hip. It's a very nice "swishy" length, and when you CUT to it, you have this nice thick hemline that is just oh-so swishy and satisfying.

So yeah... I get you. :)

littlestarface
May 12th, 2018, 10:55 PM
That's good your happy and now you have a nice even hemline.

lapushka
May 13th, 2018, 05:00 AM
I cut back to hip in November 2016, and I almost immediately didn't much like it. I had regrets. I was classic before this, just beyond because I was due my maintenance trim and went "nuts", kept telling my mom to cut more, but finally she said: NO! And just in time. I spent all this time regrowing it.

But if *you* are happy with hip, then that's it. :) :flower: I'm glad you had a great experience at the stylist. What is it with them cutting off more than we ask, anyway?

Glitch
May 13th, 2018, 03:24 PM
I've been on both sides of the spectrum, where I'd either love my hair so much more after a cut, or thought it was disastrous lol. However, since I began growing it out, I've always enjoyed an inch or more off, as it evens up the hemline again (I like it blunt).
Great to know you love your results! You also said you feel it fits your lifestyle a lot more than TBL, so perhaps it is indeed the magical length for you (:

Kat-Rinnè Naido
May 13th, 2018, 11:03 PM
The important thing is that you are happy with your hair. Congratulations and enjoy your new length.

Groovy Granny
May 14th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Good for you; I am so happy that YOU are happy :thumbsup:

Some lengths just feel great, and I have also cut back a couple of times because my hair felt too heavy.
It grows back, and you get to know what works best for you in the meantime.

Now for the 3rd time I am at hip and am happy to stay here.
The difference this time is hair texture; my hair is mostly fine silver now and while thickness has increased, it feels lighter/wispier than 5 years ago when it was 50/50.

Enjoy :cheer:

Dark40
May 14th, 2018, 02:43 PM
I'm glad that you're happy with your new length. Hip Length is a nice length to be at. At least your hemline is much neater, healthier, and even. In time it will grow back to tailbone. I also like tailbone length as well. But if the ends are not looking and feeling healthy it is best to get it all cut off, and it sounds like it to me that you really didn't lose that much length. So, it was good that you got that amount cut off.

nycelle
May 14th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Hello All,

I tried cutting my hair myself and the hemline ended up uneven (longer on one side and shorter on another). After cutting 2 inches off in 2 months, I was maintaining tail bone length.

Today I went to a salon for a haircut and asked for 1.5 inches. I'm pretty sure she cut off more because my length is now just where my hips begin/waist ends. But I'm surprisingly very happy with this new length, I think it suits my lifestyle much more than tailbone! I even tipped the stylist extra, LOL! Maybe this is the length for me.

Does anyone else resonate with me or has anyone had similar experiences?

YES! I cut at least 6" off last December bringing my hair up to just barely BSL, but I loved it too. It was a good feeling getting all the damage off. When I get to waist again, I'm going to maintain.

C_Bookworm
May 14th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Took off 5 inches in November 2017 and another 4 in February 2018. I keep hacking away at the layers until I hit a nice blunt hemline (one more set of layers to go). It’s such a lovely feeling each time. I’ve been dancing between waist and BCL, a nice sweet spot for me. Long enough it still feels long, and with lots of milestones closeby.

SeRe
May 15th, 2018, 10:55 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I'm happy to read that some of you had similar feelings.

2 days in and I'm loving the new length :)

Milady_DeWinter
May 16th, 2018, 12:26 AM
I'd love to cut a few inches too, but before I want to reach more lenght :) I'm looking for a thick hemline, so probably by next year or so it'll be long enough to cut 3 inches or so without it being traumatic :p