PDA

View Full Version : My 7 Year LHC Anniversary!

Zesty
May 11th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I can't believe it's been seven freaking years that I've been on this forum! It's been a lot of ups and downs -- literally. I went from just above waist in 2011, to BCL/TBL in 2013, then back up to above APL, and now I'm just a couple inches shy of classic! This is the longest my hair has ever been, and I love it. This is my most consistently enjoyable and stress-free hobby, and I want to thank everyone so much. Y'all are informative, kind, and just fun to talk to. I've learned so much about hair and hairstyles and it's been such a gift in my life. So thank you for having me for all these years. :o

My latest length photo from just now:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31611&d=1526074404

I am really hoping to officially call classic by the end of the year. It will be the longest milestone of my life! And as I've mentioned a couple of times around the boards, I'm contemplating growing the extra few inches to fingertip length now. :) I have a great wash routine, a good rotation of easy styles that I love, and a lot of enthusiasm. So we'll see how things go!

(It was quicker to dump the photos I've taken over the years into a slideshow on a blog post (https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com/2018/05/11/7-years-of-long-hair/), so I hope it's okay to link to that if you like the pic heavy thing. Obviously my photography (and phone camera) have gotten a ton better over the years. :p If this is not okay, mods please let me know.)

Kyaatje
May 11th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Lovely Zesty and congrats!

Glitch
May 11th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Amazing! And I had just complimented a photo of it! :laugh:
Super pretty, basically my dream hair. And very motivational that you went short at one point and are now here. Congrats! :heartbeat

Sarahlabyrinth
May 11th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Congratulations on your seven years! Time flies, doesn't it?

lapushka
May 11th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Zesty! :waving: You're well on your way to classic. :cheer: I'm sure you'll get there a bit sooner than the end of the year. Congratulations on getting this far. :flower:

Lady Stardust
May 11th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Wow Zesty your hair looks fantastic, congratulations!

EdG
May 11th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Congratulations on seven years! :thud:
Ed

Groovy Granny
May 11th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Beautiful ~ congrats :applause

Wendyp
May 11th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Stunning! ..Hair goals :thud:

Corvana
May 11th, 2018, 06:06 PM
Ah Zesty!! Congrats on 7 years! Goodness!

You know your hair is like... #goals for me. I look to yours when I'm feeling down about mine! We have almost the exact same color, and that photo of your ends on your blog could be my ends if I didn't know any better! Since I love your hair so much, it really helps me to see the pros of my own! How can I not like mine, when it's so much like yours?

chiapommama
May 11th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Happy anniversary Zesty! Your hair looks great.

MoonRabbit
May 11th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Congrats! Your hair is such an inspiration!

prairie lark
May 11th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Happy Anniversary :flowers: you've got the dream hair

Dark40
May 11th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Zesty, Congratulations on your 7th year anniversary! I also think by the end of the year you can call it at classic too! Your hair looks amazing! It is amazing to be able to grow to lengths that your hair has never been before. My hair is at it's longest it has ever been too. Which is waist. I've been hovering over waist length ever since September of last year. So, I'm hoping that by the end of the year I will reach hip length or tailbone length.

pailin
May 11th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Congratulations! I agree, you should reach classic by the end of the year!

Ligeia Noire
May 11th, 2018, 10:51 PM
Fantastic hair. Congratulations! Love that four strand braid on the slideshow.

zanelle
May 11th, 2018, 11:14 PM
Congrats! :blossom:
Love your hair!
Very pretty updos too!

You mentioned you wear it down without worrying too much. Wish I could do that too more often :rolleyes:

Deborah
May 11th, 2018, 11:35 PM
Beautiful!:flower:

embee
May 12th, 2018, 04:45 AM
Your hair looks great! Happy Anniversary. :)

NightSister
May 12th, 2018, 05:17 AM
Sure beautiful hair! You can definitely make it to fingertip! :applause

Zesty
May 12th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Thank you everyone for your lovely compliments. I hope that you're right and I get to classic before the end of the year! Though of course by then I'll be set on fingertip for sure. :p

Zesty
May 12th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Congrats! :blossom:
Love your hair!
Very pretty updos too!

You mentioned you wear it down without worrying too much. Wish I could do that too more often :rolleyes:

I find that letting myself do things like that without beating myself up about potential damage goes a long way towards the enjoyment of my hair and my journey. :) I was just SO neurotic about it the first time around.

MoonRabbit
May 12th, 2018, 12:59 PM
I find that letting myself do things like that without beating myself up about potential damage goes a long way towards the enjoyment of my hair and my journey. :) I was just SO neurotic about it the first time around.

I think many people could benefit from this philosophy. The way I see it is, If my hair could withstand 10 years of daily flat ironing wearing it down is hardly a concern anymore. You can protect and neglect but don't neglect the enjoyment of the journey!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
May 13th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Congratulations on your 7th year :blossom: