PDA

View Full Version : What would happen?

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 10th, 2018, 12:12 AM
As you know, I have henna and indigo in my hair.
Most everything has faded, and I have 6months worth of virgin roots, but the indigo is still in there.
I really want to start using the red dye I use to use years ago:
https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hair-color/permanent-hair-color/hicolor-red-hilights-permanent-creme-hair-color/LOREAL36.html

What do you think would happen?
Red cancels out green so I am wondering If my hair will still look any bit green if I use this.

Thinking about doing henna only for awhile and skipping the indigo until more of it has grown out.
I just really want to start using color, I know its a LHC no-no, but I want to have more fun with my hair especially when I reach my goal of classic.

Thanks!

Joules
May 10th, 2018, 01:02 AM
Indigo will go green because of peroxide. It won't go anywhere, so it will make red go neutral brown (maybe reddish brown, but it's not gonna be pure red if there's green in your hair). At least that's how this whole thing goes in my head.

I vote for henna! :)

lapushka
May 10th, 2018, 06:56 AM
It's a box of... highlights? Are you going for full-on color or streaks?

I would just strand test and see, because I can't predict this and I'm a little afraid to do this too. With indigo you always have to be cautious, so I would do the smart thing and collect some sheds before attempting. Spending a little more on the color (for the purposes of strand testing) is *nothing* to what it would be like if it were to go wrong on your head!

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 10th, 2018, 12:43 PM
It's a box of... highlights? Are you going for full-on color or streaks?

I would just strand test and see, because I can't predict this and I'm a little afraid to do this too. With indigo you always have to be cautious, so I would do the smart thing and collect some sheds before attempting. Spending a little more on the color (for the purposes of strand testing) is *nothing* to what it would be like if it were to go wrong on your head!

Of course. I’m just curious what would happen.

I’m not entirely sure what the dye is. But I’ve used it all over before in the past on dark brown hair and it comes out a really nice magenta color. It looks very nice on me.
But I think I’m going to just stay dark for now.
I need to save some money.

lapushka
May 10th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Of course. I’m just curious what would happen.

I’m not entirely sure what the dye is. But I’ve used it all over before in the past on dark brown hair and it comes out a really nice magenta color. It looks very nice on me.
But I think I’m going to just stay dark for now.
I need to save some money.

The longer it takes the more it's gonna be grown out and might be more receptive to the dye. I hope it goes well! Good luck to you whatever you decide and whenever you decide to do it. :flower:

Dark40
May 10th, 2018, 04:12 PM
I would vote for hair dye. I use hair dye on my hair all of the time, and it doesn't damage or ruin my hair at all. That's because I keep my hair moisturized, and I have curly/ethnic hair. But I also get my curly hair relaxed as well.

egcmi
May 10th, 2018, 05:04 PM
I would vote for hair dye. I use hair dye on my hair all of the time, and it doesn't damage or ruin my hair at all. That's because I keep my hair moisturized, and I have curly/ethnic hair. But I also get my curly hair relaxed as well.

i wouldn't suggest somebody else using some product just because it works on you. especially if it's potentially damaging.
:cheese:

Glitch
May 10th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Personally, I quit coloring (usually in the range of reds, my preference) 2+ years ago but never noticed any real change until I quit using the flat iron a few months ago. Coloring only harmed my hair when strong bleaches were involved, like going to blonde or other very light colors, or if I constantly colored multiple times in a short span. However, everyone is different, and you already have experience with it like me, so you know how it is. I would let the hair grow out more so it can take the color better later :) As for the green and just overall, it's hard to say what would really go down since there are many factors involved (a mix of henna + indigo, its fade process, fresh roots etc.) So between the chemical color and henna, I'd strand test both and see which shows through best.