PDA

View Full Version : Sweat makes scalp itch...

Starchild494
May 7th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Ok ladies and gents... Need some help and advice... When my scalp sweats the moment My scalp gets wet my scalp becomes terribly itchy! I have bled a lot from the scratching.... I don't know why this happens but it does and it's annoying!

Has this happened to anyone else? If so.... Advice... Or any advice?

Kibrah
May 7th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Hope this isn't a double post. My phone ate the first one I think. My scalp always gets itchy when sweaty. I just rinse it with cool water and it stops.

AutobotsAttack
May 7th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Happens to me too.

There’s a number of ways you can stop the itch. Medicated shampoos, cold water(as mentioned above me), peppermint, anti-fungal topical creams. Whatever is the most comfortable for you personally.

wannabe-rusalka
May 7th, 2018, 08:26 PM
I second using cold water to rinse your hair and scalp out- it might be freezing and suck a little but I played club soccer for 13 years and this was always a nice quick fix to get some relief.

Glitch
May 7th, 2018, 08:26 PM
This may be strange, but personally when I use sulphate-free shampoo for a bunch of washes consecutively, my scalp becomes very prone to itchy irritation when it comes to many things. Washing really well with a sulphate shampoo once in a while really clears it all up for me, as well as not using super hot water in the shower. Even a luke warm water rinse at the end feels nice too (just on the scalp though, haha). I don't know your routine, but hopefully any one of these replies help you out! <3

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 7th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Sometimes you just need to wash your hair.
Not everyone can stretch washes and as long as you’re gentle or use gentle products, you can indeed wash your hair more
Regularly without hurting your hair in the process. :)

lapushka
May 8th, 2018, 01:53 AM
Nothing "has to be" SD, but if you sweat and your scalp itches to the point of making it bleed when scratching, I would go see a dermatologist. You may need some medicated shampoos to deal with this.

I know I have SD (seborrheic dermatitis) and I have to keep my scalp squeaky clean, no sweat, no oils, no conditioner, nothing. Or, it will protest (itch, if it gets worse flakes, worse still redness).

I think it's better to have it checked out than to throw a million different products at it hoping one thing will work (will get more expensive than a doctor's visit in the end). IMO. I know how I fared. I could have been smarter about it. I struggled for years before finally seeing a dermatologist for my scalp.

Good luck!

Starchild494
May 8th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Thank you so much will definitely try all... Especially with the cold water. Could a peppermint rinse work as well? And I will ask my go the next time I see him!

Natashap
May 8th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Peppermint is great oil for scalp.

It might help you but tea tree works good.

lapushka
May 9th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Peppermint is great oil for scalp.

It might help you but tea tree works good.

Be careful with EOs, though, *always* dilute into a carrier oil like jojoba or sweet almond or grapeseed, something like that. But if you can't stand the sweat on the scalp, chances are you will not be able to stand the oils either (more itch). If it is more itchy, then say so to your doctor, a light should go off for them then.