PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes long hair is disgusting.

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 7th, 2018, 12:24 PM
This morning, around 6am, I felt that weird "I think theres a hair in my mouth" feeling.
We have a cat so I of course stick my finger in my mouth.
Only to find that a strand of my waist length hair, was lodged in my mouth.
As I pull it out, I can feel it coming out from my throat.

IT SENDS SHIVERS DOWN MY SPINE.

This experience is always, incredibly gross to me. And I hate it.

I dont know HOW I am eating my own hair, but its happening now.
There you go, that was my morning.
LOL

Dendra
May 7th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Haha, wow, that must be how cats feel! This has never ever happened to me.

Stray_mind
May 7th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Oh wow! Good think you didn't choke :shudder:
That's why when i have long hair, i sleep with it up at all times :D

AutobotsAttack
May 7th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Aww it’s okay. These things happen.

I was eating at Denny’s once and my hair wedged itself in the syrup cup. I moved it out and wiped it off. Still used the syrup though lol

brunettegirl
May 7th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Oh! It can certainly happen. Happened to me before but witth a short piece of hair and I was trying to find it in the first place, because it was so tiny and I didn't know where it was.
I certainly got a feeling I have a hair strand in my mouth. Gross.

I have mid back hair and it already goes in my plate when I eat, when I wore it down. It's annoying. :D

prairie lark
May 7th, 2018, 02:11 PM
:lol: I hate when that happens!

cjk
May 7th, 2018, 02:32 PM
We often joke that we don't trim our mustaches, we bite them off. Took a bite of our sandwich and took off half the mustache with it.

There is some truth to that.

Respect the beard!

https://i.imgur.com/7QB3PAT.jpg

Dendra
May 7th, 2018, 02:35 PM
cjk :laugh:

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 7th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Oh wow! Good think you didn't choke :shudder:
That's why when i have long hair, i sleep with it up at all times :D

I think because I was half awake I didnt suddenly get that gagging feeling which probably would have made me choke.
But I felt it just, inside my throat. But after I pulled it out, I couldnt find it. Which made me freak out because it meant there was still more hair stuck down my throat.
I fell back asleep so it must have washed down.. but. LOL It was really gross.

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 7th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Oh! It can certainly happen. Happened to me before but witth a short piece of hair and I was trying to find it in the first place, because it was so tiny and I didn't know where it was.
I certainly got a feeling I have a hair strand in my mouth. Gross.

I have mid back hair and it already goes in my plate when I eat, when I wore it down. It's annoying. :D

I wish it was a short hair because then at least it wouldnt have been long enough to be down my throat..
shudder:

Lady Stardust
May 7th, 2018, 02:47 PM
My cat would go and eat grass at this point...

ravenskey
May 7th, 2018, 02:50 PM
I would get hair in my mouth all the time when I still worn it down outside, it's horrible shudder:

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 7th, 2018, 02:56 PM
My hair is up like 90% of the time, and the cat has also eaten my hair -- and thrown it up!
Unfortunately I shed a lot, so it ends up in my mouth even though I keep it out of the way.

Glitch
May 7th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Ooh, I can relate! Glad you made this thread as a mini vent lol, I've felt this way a few times before but wasn't sure how to explain it.

I've never really had an experience like that (at least, I can't remember), but sometimes when I find myself focusing too much on long hair I feel fed up with it and just the thought will gross me out. Those times, I feel like throwing my hair up in a bun and not thinking about it for years, etc. :laugh: A nice break from anything hair-related, besides washing, does the trick for me :)

leayellena
May 8th, 2018, 12:56 AM
It never happened to me before. Thank God! I owned cats when I was teenager. Of course I could feel fine strands on my mouth but never inside my mouth. My fine strands feel like cat fur but my normal ones feel thicker on my face. It happens: my sleep braid fuzzes overnight, wind make fine strands stick up and probably they'll hang on my face. When I feel the "cat fur" in my face I just sleek it back on my scalp.
My tip: braid your hair at your back and braid it tight! No pancake, no loose braids, no side braids.
I don't know if you can stand the feel of your braid on your scalp at night. I made a Dutch braid for fun and I woke up with the neatest braid ever. I could directly bun it and wear it without hair cover ;)

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 8th, 2018, 01:29 AM
It never happened to me before. Thank God! I owned cats when I was teenager. Of course I could feel fine strands on my mouth but never inside my mouth. My fine strands feel like cat fur but my normal ones feel thicker on my face. It happens: my sleep braid fuzzes overnight, wind make fine strands stick up and probably they'll hang on my face. When I feel the "cat fur" in my face I just sleek it back on my scalp.
My tip: braid your hair at your back and braid it tight! No pancake, no loose braids, no side braids.
I don't know if you can stand the feel of your braid on your scalp at night. I made a Dutch braid for fun and I woke up with the neatest braid ever. I could directly bun it and wear it without hair cover ;)
Braids cause friction. Which gives me breakage. I won’t ever sleep with one.

lapushka
May 8th, 2018, 01:56 AM

Same here! Can't do it. Won't do it. Everybody's different, though. :)

ChloeDharma
May 8th, 2018, 05:06 AM
Oh I'm familiar with this, I've inhaled my hair a few times and having a sensitive gag reflex this really isn't fun in public!

Another disgusting aspect of long hair, I used to have a dog who somehow used to eat my shed hairs. Sometimes when she did a poo chunks of it would be hanging out of her bum by a single strand. Sensing this she would start flinging herself around trying to free the poo, I even had times when I had to pull it out of her bum. Oh god it was horrible!

vampyyri
May 8th, 2018, 05:21 AM
Ugh yeah this has happened to me before... and my gag reflex is really sensitive shudder:

It's also fun when it get lodged into other places. Butt floss is never fun either, especially when it reaches all the way to your front :lol:

lithostoic
May 8th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Lol cjk!

I've never had this happen despite having long hair mpst of my life. However I am all too familiar with BUTT FLOSS. And so is my boyfriend haha.

lapushka
May 8th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Lol cjk!

I've never had this happen despite having long hair mpst of my life. However I am all too familiar with BUTT FLOSS. And so is my boyfriend haha.

LOL Did you really just say... butt floss? :spitting: :lol:

ravenskey
May 8th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Oh I'm familiar with this, I've inhaled my hair a few times and having a sensitive gag reflex this really isn't fun in public!

Another disgusting aspect of long hair, I used to have a dog who somehow used to eat my shed hairs. Sometimes when she did a poo chunks of it would be hanging out of her bum by a single strand. Sensing this she would start flinging herself around trying to free the poo, I even had times when I had to pull it out of her bum. Oh god it was horrible!

I very much understand this one too!
I swear there is nothing worse shudder:

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 8th, 2018, 01:27 PM

Oh god.

Meanwhile, the cat wont stop EATING MY HAIR. I keep waking up to warm, fresh vomit on the stairs and theres usually some of my hair within it... I wish he would stop, this time was the worst because we have carpet. Its warm, the smell will not go away.
STOP EATING HAIR.

Groovy Granny
May 8th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Oh yes....my shih tzu passes a 'string of pearls' as we call it almost daily because she picks up a strand of my hair on her toys (even though I try to remove sheds daily) :o

Thankfully she passes it easily :p .....and the tub drain clog is the worst for me :puke:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 8th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Oh yes....my shih tzu passes a 'string of pearls' as we call it almost daily because she picks up a strand of my hair on her toys (even though I try to remove sheds daily) :o

Thankfully she passes it easily :p .....and the tub drain clog is the worst for me :puke:

Drain clog for me too! :p

nycelle
May 8th, 2018, 02:25 PM

My bulldogs do as well. But they don't pass it easily. I have been known to help them get it ALL out. Really gross actually..lol

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 8th, 2018, 06:25 PM
My bulldogs do as well. But they don't pass it easily. I have been known to help them get it ALL out. Really gross actually..lol

LOL butt floss

wannabe-rusalka
May 8th, 2018, 07:27 PM
LOL butt floss

My boyfriend finds strands of my hair between his buttcheeks all the time but I suppose that is a different sort of butt floss... both are very ewww

Groovy Granny
May 8th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Yeah it is :p

I have had a few close calls but thankfully she passed it alone :whistle:

'Butt floss'...oh yes, that check has been a regular part of my shower for some time now :o

Sarahlabyrinth
May 8th, 2018, 09:11 PM
Yeah it is :p

I have had a few close calls but thankfully she passed it alone :whistle:

'Butt floss'...oh yes, that check has been a regular part of my shower for some time now :o

Er...we won't go there :laugh:

yahirwaO.o
May 8th, 2018, 09:29 PM
This is the funniest thread in a while!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: LOL

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 8th, 2018, 11:48 PM
LOL.

I think ive given myself the butt floss once or twice.

Lady Stardust
May 9th, 2018, 01:16 AM
My boyfriend finds strands of my hair between his buttcheeks all the time but I suppose that is a different sort of butt floss... both are very ewww

I hope you mean hair that you have shed because if it’s still attached that’s double ewww

Katsura
May 9th, 2018, 04:45 AM
Omg that's nightmare material... Must not go to sleep when hungry. :D
Butt floss... I guess I now am educated when that happens. :D :D

lithostoic
May 9th, 2018, 05:45 AM
I always do a triple check for hairs before I leave the shower. Big clumps of hair like to congregate on the back of my thighs lol

leayellena
May 9th, 2018, 07:52 AM

Oh I am sorry to hear/read that :(
Maybe you should try a loose bun with a scrunchie or a satin cap

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 9th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Oh I am sorry to hear/read that :(
Maybe you should try a loose bun with a scrunchie or a satin cap

I definitely wont ever wear a cap to bed. But thank you.

valkyrie90
May 9th, 2018, 01:02 PM
I think it happens to all of us long-haired folks at some point . It happens every time I let my hair down . So I keep it up most of time . my bf ( now husband ) used to love me keeping my hair down all the time finally gest irritated with my hair running in his mouth when I sleep with it down . :)) So he always gets up , grabs my hair claw , and asks me to bun my hair up . :))

MusicalSpoons
May 9th, 2018, 03:17 PM
I used to get the, ahem, nether-regions floss All. The. Time. It really grossed me out! But my hair tended to be around BCL/TBL so naturally any sheds in the shower were funnelled right down there ... :blueeek: However, since about classic length, it's not happened!! I think even the shorter shed hairs, if they don't come out with running my hands down the length, are guided on down past that area, onto my legs. Which is nice and non-traumatic *phew*

I have, on occasion, eaten the odd stray hair, but thankfully nothing longer than a wispy escapee - gross enough pulling that from my throat; I can't imagine how horrifying pulling out a full-length hair would be shudder:

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 9th, 2018, 08:12 PM
I used to get the, ahem, nether-regions floss All. The. Time. It really grossed me out! But my hair tended to be around BCL/TBL so naturally any sheds in the shower were funnelled right down there ... :blueeek: However, since about classic length, it's not happened!! I think even the shorter shed hairs, if they don't come out with running my hands down the length, are guided on down past that area, onto my legs. Which is nice and non-traumatic *phew*

I have, on occasion, eaten the odd stray hair, but thankfully nothing longer than a wispy escapee - gross enough pulling that from my throat; I can't imagine how horrifying pulling out a full-length hair would be shudder:

It WAS horrifying.. not going to lie.