PDA

View Full Version : Swap board rules questions

divinedobbie
May 7th, 2018, 09:38 AM
I'm on my phone so I can't quote the exact rules right now but I was rereading the swap board rules (probably for the first time since I joined or at least a few years) and I have a few questions. Couldn't ask there since the thread is closed.

The first being, it says you're not allowed to post photos of your wares anywhere outside of the swap board including the LHC albums. So, I don't use an image hosting site and upload all my photos directly to LHC and link from there including pictures I take for swap. Is this against the rules? And in the same mind frame, what if I took a picture of a hair toy I have for sale and previously posted it in a thread like a maker thread in the convential products forum? Do I need to be going back and deleting any photo I ever posted of that item when I swap it?

Next question along the same lines. It says I can't post any items I have for sale on the swap board outside the forum.. I have once posted some items on both LHC and a Facebook swap board. Why is this against the rules?? Isn't it to my own free will what I do off of LHC?

Thanks for clarification!

physicschick
May 7th, 2018, 10:56 AM
The first being, it says you're not allowed to post photos of your wares anywhere outside of the swap board including the LHC albums. So, I don't use an image hosting site and upload all my photos directly to LHC and link from there including pictures I take for swap. Is this against the rules? And in the same mind frame, what if I took a picture of a hair toy I have for sale and previously posted it in a thread like a maker thread in the convential products forum? Do I need to be going back and deleting any photo I ever posted of that item when I swap it?
No, we're not that crazy. :silly: You should host your swap pictures on another image hosting site, though. The rule was put in place because some people made albums called things like "Stuff I'm selling." That resulted in swaps happening various places across the site, not just on the swap board, which is confusing and hard to moderate.

Next question along the same lines. It says I can't post any items I have for sale on the swap board outside the forum.. I have once posted some items on both LHC and a Facebook swap board. Why is this against the rules?? Isn't it to my own free will what I do off of LHC?
Do you mean the rule that says you may not "sell or swap items outside the swap board"? That's meant to convey that LHC swaps should happen on the swap board, not all over LHC. We have no control over what you do outside LHC, of course.

On a vaguely related note, people aren't supposed to list something on ebay and then start a thread on the swap board saying, "Check out my ebay auction." That would be using the swap board for advertising.

divinedobbie
May 7th, 2018, 08:48 PM
No, we're not that crazy. :silly: You should host your swap pictures on another image hosting site, though. The rule was put in place because some people made albums called things like "Stuff I'm selling." That resulted in swaps happening various places across the site, not just on the swap board, which is confusing and hard to moderate.

Do you mean the rule that says you may not "sell or swap items outside the swap board"? That's meant to convey that LHC swaps should happen on the swap board, not all over LHC. We have no control over what you do outside LHC, of course.

On a vaguely related note, people aren't supposed to list something on ebay and then start a thread on the swap board saying, "Check out my ebay auction." That would be using the swap board for advertising.

Ok! Thanks for explaining that! :)