PDA

View Full Version : A hairdresser who *dusts*!

immortalstar
October 31st, 2008, 11:32 AM
Well, today I went and got that minor trim I dread having to do every 6 months or so. I went to the hairdresser I went to last time, but the lady who trimmed my hair very well last time wasn't there. I decided to take the jump and go for another one. 'Cut off a tiny bit! As little as you can! Less than a cm, maybe?'

:cheese:Well, imagine my amazement as I sit down in the chair, and she actually starts to gently twist my tresses and take of little bits of split ends! 'You can do this at home as well!' she said, smiling, 'Just get yourself a pair of sharp scissors'.

Turns out she'd had her own fair share of horror stories where hairdressers cut her own tresses too short. 'And then they convinced me to get a perm!' She told me. 'Well, that was the end of that head of long hair. I'm regrowing it now :eyebrows:'

I left cheering, and I tipped her (I'm a student, so this rarely happen!). My jaw is still hanging wide open :eek:. Wow, what a lady! I'll definitely keep on going to that salon.

:pumpkin:This was definitely not a Halloween experience. It was a sunshine one :D

SHELIAANN1969
October 31st, 2008, 11:34 AM
Right on! Cool hair-dressers Rock!

missbexy
October 31st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Haha that's great.
I've only met one hairdresser even vaguely like that and I have no idea where she works now :(

Dolly
October 31st, 2008, 12:16 PM
I love my current hairdresser. She has hair that is between APL and BSL......she respects the fact that I am trying to continue growing my hair, and she only cuts what I ASK her to. Exactly that, and no more.

Vitalai
October 31st, 2008, 04:51 PM
That's great! You're very lucky to have such a good salon experience. The one my mum takes me to is the complete opposite. I'm learning how to trim my own hair, so that my mum won't have to take me there anymore.

Phalaenopsis
October 31st, 2008, 05:12 PM
It's nice to find someone who you can trust, isn't it? I've also recently found someone who doesn't cut too much and it's really great!
It was really nice of you to tip her :)

harley mama
October 31st, 2008, 07:26 PM
What a wonderful and refreshing thing to experience!

neon-dream
October 31st, 2008, 07:28 PM
Ahw :)!
That's cool, mine end up taking too much off most of the time lol, glad you found somewhere nice ^_^!
xxx

Queen V
October 31st, 2008, 10:32 PM
That's so wonderful that you've found a stylist who really understands! I usually end up getting "cut" (not "trimmed" or "dusted") when I go to a stylist, unfortunately.

Robbi Dehlinger
October 31st, 2008, 11:28 PM
Always lovely to find a "long hair friendly hairdresser at someplace other than a speciafically long hair oriented salon:)

Arctic_Mama
November 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
Guard that woman like the precious rarity she is! Good hairdressers are SO hard to come by!

birthmarkie
November 1st, 2008, 06:27 AM
That's great to hear! It is hard enough to find someone who will stick strictly to cutting less than an inch. That's amazing that she worked on your split ends too!

EvaSimone
November 1st, 2008, 06:50 AM
Well I am glad that you had such a positive experience! I usually have good salon experiences but I've never had a hair stylist go after my splits... I am so jealous!

:D