PDA

View Full Version : Where exactly is MBL

longmane
May 3rd, 2018, 02:50 PM
I read on a thread here (I can't remember who) To measure the distance from your shoulders to where you back ends. Divide that measurement by 2 and that's how you find where mid-back falls on you hence the name "MBL". I just did that and strangely, it's the same as BSL for me. So this chart doesn't apply to everyone I think:confused:
https://www.hairfinder.com/amp/info/hair-length-chart.gif
How do you guys find your MBL? You measure this way or just eyeball where you think it is?

nycelle
May 3rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
I'm sure I'm wrong but to me MBL isn't precisely mid-back. To me, it's between BSL and waist. I dunno why I look at it that way, but I do.

lucid
May 3rd, 2018, 03:05 PM
Mid back to me is what visually appeares to be the middle of the back. No need to measure in my opinion.

lapushka
May 3rd, 2018, 03:12 PM
I have always associated it with waist length for some reason. Maybe because for me it's the middle, exactly.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2018, 03:14 PM
I always thought mid back was halfway between BSL and waist. It's a handy milestone to use, if thought of that way.

chomsky
May 3rd, 2018, 03:16 PM
I don't have a very long torso, so I classed MBL as the space between the bottom of my bra and waist. That's what made the most sense to me at least.

ravenskey
May 3rd, 2018, 04:04 PM
I think of MBL as halfway between BSL and WL, which is about the same distance as is shown on the chart for BSL to MBL though it is shorter than the chart uses for MBL to WL - I am very short at only 5ft.

littlestarface
May 3rd, 2018, 04:08 PM
Its that area between bsl and waist.

ravenheather
May 3rd, 2018, 04:21 PM
For me it's the mid point of your back. It is the same as bsl for me.

MoonRabbit
May 3rd, 2018, 04:56 PM
For me it is the entire distance between bsl and waist. When I was an inch past bsl I started to claim mbl. I never took it to literally mean the exact middle. I always thought that is why everyone called it the mid back abyss because the distance is so great.

Spikey
May 3rd, 2018, 06:06 PM
I also consider it somewhere between bsl and waist, and I've never heard of anyone using that measuring method.

Glitch
May 3rd, 2018, 06:33 PM
Same, between BSL and WL, though personally on me there's not much distance between the two for it to be worth calling "mid-back." I was in the MBL phase for what seemed like just a few weeks (which was basically BSL+ on me).

yahirwaO.o
May 3rd, 2018, 06:51 PM
MBL is for me..... MY MOST FAVORITE LENGHT EVER ON ME!!!!! ;)

Apl is my safe zone and waist is amazing!!!! But my right perfect length to have it down and sort of long for a guy like me is MBL. I can do nice buns and also have all sort of fun without extra hassle.

Its been a couple of years since I had it, but im honestly on my way of archiving it again. Still I hope it is realistic for my fine locks to have full thick ends (Tapering starts right about APL)

Yes MBL is just limbo area of past BSL but not quite waist! But it has a nice place in my heart for those same reasons!!!

Lumienkeli
May 4th, 2018, 04:53 AM
If I measure with the described method I got BSL (27") on me.

But I like the idea to take MBL between BSL and waist, because on me that's a looong way to grow. I am not tall, but my waist area is long. I am 5'5" and waist is on 33" on me. To have an in-between milestone makes me feel my hair is growing :) Well, it will when I will be somewhere near BSL, somwtetimes next year.

AutobotsAttack
May 4th, 2018, 09:32 AM
It depends on your proportions. But as everyone has said it’s between BSL and Waist.

It makes sense when you think of it. Waist is where your navel would be, give or take an inch downward. It’s a good milestone to use since it fits well for everyone regardless of proportions since we all have belly buttons.

Since everyone places their bra strap in different places, the bottom of your sternum is where BSL usually is regardless of proportions too, since we all have sternums. It’s easy to find too, just under the breasts in the middle. You’ll feel it trail off completely where it ends.

Between your navel and the bottom of your sternum is where MBL would be.

Dark40
May 4th, 2018, 09:41 AM
It's between BSL and Waist.

Dendra
May 4th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I use MBL as a handy encouraging milestone exactly halfway between BSL and waist. For me there's 4 or 5 inches between BSL and waist so I need something to break it up!

longmane
May 4th, 2018, 01:16 PM
I use MBL as a handy encouraging milestone exactly halfway between BSL and waist

That is what I'm gathering from this thread! So MBL is not necessarily the mid-point of your back but an encouraging milestone to break up the distance between BSL and WL

Glitch
May 4th, 2018, 04:07 PM
It depends on your proportions. But as everyone has said it’s between BSL and Waist.

It makes sense when you think of it. Waist is where your navel would be, give or take an inch downward. It’s a good milestone to use since it fits well for everyone regardless of proportions since we all have belly buttons.

Since everyone places their bra strap in different places, the bottom of your sternum is where BSL usually is regardless of proportions too, since we all have sternums. It’s easy to find too, just under the breasts in the middle. You’ll feel it trail off completely where it ends.

Between your navel and the bottom of your sternum is where MBL would be.

My waist is multiple inches above my navel :O My body still looks very proportionate though. Oh well lol, hopefully reaching hip doesn't take me forever!

longmane
May 4th, 2018, 07:38 PM
My waist is multiple inches above my navel :O My body still looks very proportionate

I am the same!

littlestarface
May 4th, 2018, 07:53 PM
I am the same!

So am I.

AutobotsAttack
May 5th, 2018, 01:41 PM
My waist is multiple inches above my navel :O My body still looks very proportionate though. Oh well lol, hopefully reaching hip doesn't take me forever!

My waist is like that too. But it also depends on how your abdominal muscles behave, and their placement. So Maybe it’s safe to say it’s more where the Transverse abdominal muscles would be. Since they’re main goal is to pull the waist in. That way if they’re higher up on people, or more lower people can still find it on their person. I think that would be more helpful than me saying just belly button.

Dark40
May 5th, 2018, 06:47 PM

I'm the same too. I also hope that me reaching hip length doesn't take me forever too! :D

Glitch
May 5th, 2018, 08:04 PM
My waist is like that too. But it also depends on how your abdominal muscles behave, and their placement. So Maybe it’s safe to say it’s more where the Transverse abdominal muscles would be. Since they’re main goal is to pull the waist in. That way if they’re higher up on people, or more lower people can still find it on their person. I think that would be more helpful than me saying just belly button.

Ah yes, makes sense! It's really interesting just how differently the navel is naturally placed from person to person :D

I am the same!

So am I.

I'm the same too. I also hope that me reaching hip length doesn't take me forever too! :D

Lovely to know, my high waisted cuties! :heartbeat And yes, I hope growing won't take too long - I remember noticing a few years ago that my much shorter friend's impressive tailbone length hair would still be short on me lol, dang, so many factors!

Ondine11
May 5th, 2018, 08:14 PM
I guess it will vary from one person to the next, depending on unique bodily proportions. I will call MBL between BSL & WL. Since I have a short torso, it shouldn't take more than another year for me to get from BSL to WL (unless I go trim-happy).