PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have Or Ever Had Any Real Life Friends With Ankle Length Hair?

Dark40
May 1st, 2018, 03:20 PM
Hi all,

I have a friend that was a member of my church that had ankle length hair when she was a child but when she turned 17 she cut it up to her hips. Then, she cut again up to shoulder length. She hasn't had ankle length hair since she was 17 years old.

I would like to know your thoughts.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 1st, 2018, 03:24 PM
No. It would be awesome to see hair that length in real life, though.

Dark40
May 1st, 2018, 03:27 PM
Ok, it is interesting to see hair that long in real life. I was 11 at the time when saw hair that long on a child for the first time.

embee
May 1st, 2018, 03:59 PM
When I was about 15 there was a younger girl (maybe 13?) at my school whose single English braid was well below her knees, so I would assume that her hair. loose, must have been about ankle. That's the longest hair I have ever seen in my life.

Aredhel
May 1st, 2018, 04:04 PM
The longest hair I've seen IRL is probably Chromis's lovely knee-length mane! Very much an impressive length to see in person. :)

nycelle
May 1st, 2018, 04:04 PM
No never. I'm not even sure I've seen anyone with hair that long (aside from pics of course.)

ravenskey
May 1st, 2018, 04:09 PM
Nope - the longest I've seen IRL ever was knee length dreads and among people I know TBL.

Glitch
May 1st, 2018, 04:11 PM
No, and I've actually never seen hair longer than tailbone in person, which was recently! It was really pretty and inspiring - I can only imagine longer lengths!

lapushka
May 1st, 2018, 04:12 PM
No. I don't know anyone with hair that long. :)

MoonRabbit
May 1st, 2018, 04:52 PM
My mom had knee+ hair which is the longest I have ever seen. She wanted to grow to ankle but never did. She said when I was really young maybe 2 or 3, she accidentally got her hair sucked up in the vacuum and I pulled the cord out before any major injury happened to her scalp but it did damage her length really bad and she seemed to have trouble growing after that.

akurah
May 1st, 2018, 06:01 PM
My mother had a friend with ankle length hair when I was very small (4 or 5). She taught me how to braid.

neko_kawaii
May 1st, 2018, 07:04 PM
When I was a young child we had a family friend whose hair might have been ankle length unbraided. I’ve known quite a few people with classic to knee length.

Wendyp
May 1st, 2018, 07:08 PM
Quite frankly I think I have the longest hair of anyone I know. So nope nowhere near ankle.

HaMalka
May 1st, 2018, 07:46 PM
Yup. I am my own friend and my hair is about ankle length. Other than me, nope.

Ondine11
May 1st, 2018, 08:26 PM
Yup. I am my own friend and my hair is about ankle length. Other than me, nope.

Ha Malka (The Queen in Hebrew, right?) I would LOVE to see a photo of your ankle length hair, Have you shared any on this forum?

The woman I remember with ankle length hair IRL was more of an acquaintance than a friend. She was a 40 something year old Chinese woman who had converted to Judaism & married a Jewish man. She had black 2a waves, medium fullness, but very thick strands that swept to her ankles. It was hard not to stare! She always wore it loose, with the front anchored behind her ears. Toward the hemline, the hair fairytaled. I never got to ask her any questions about her remarkable mane, but, I wondered how she managed with two rambunctious young boys. She DID say one time that she has always had very long hair, so, I guess she is very used to it.

Dark40
May 1st, 2018, 08:32 PM
My mom had knee+ hair which is the longest I have ever seen. She wanted to grow to ankle but never did. She said when I was really young maybe 2 or 3, she accidentally got her hair sucked up in the vacuum and I pulled the cord out before any major injury happened to her scalp but it did damage her length really bad and she seemed to have trouble growing after that.

Ok. Awwww, that's a shame that now she has problems growing her hair ever since you were a child, and it got caught in the vacuum. I guess that will damage the hair folicles.

JEMTheNerd
May 1st, 2018, 08:51 PM
I recall back when I was about in 1st grade, there was a teacher with impressively long brownish/red hair. It was if I remember correctly about calf length. Longest I've seen recently is about thigh length.

Ligeia Noire
May 1st, 2018, 08:55 PM
Even though my mom had hers recently cut to waist, she had floor length hair or ankle most of her life and when in college I lived near a gypsy neighborhood and they had impressive lengths there too, not ankle though. It is rare to see waist lengths these days, let alone ankle :p

Alex Lou
May 1st, 2018, 09:10 PM
I can only remember seeing someone with hair past knee once. Anything past classic is a rare and impressive sight in my life.

Trip
May 1st, 2018, 09:24 PM
I’ve never seen anything past classic irl

AmaryllisRed
May 1st, 2018, 09:44 PM
Yeah I don't know that I've ever seen anything past classic in real life, either.
Not worn down, anyway. A few girls at church have probably classic or very close and wear it down or in a long English braid.

MidnightMoon
May 2nd, 2018, 12:23 AM
No, the longest I've seen is mid-thigh and knee.

Katsura
May 2nd, 2018, 01:42 AM
No, I don't even recall ever seeing anyone with super long hair.

HaMalka
May 2nd, 2018, 06:19 AM
Ha Malka (The Queen in Hebrew, right?) I would LOVE to see a photo of your ankle length hair, Have you shared any on this forum?

The woman I remember with ankle length hair IRL was more of an acquaintance than a friend. She was a 40 something year old Chinese woman who had converted to Judaism & married a Jewish man. She had black 2a waves, medium fullness, but very thick strands that swept to her ankles. It was hard not to stare! She always wore it loose, with the front anchored behind her ears. Toward the hemline, the hair fairytaled. I never got to ask her any questions about her remarkable mane, but, I wondered how she managed with two rambunctious young boys. She DID say one time that she has always had very long hair, so, I guess she is very used to it.

The last length picture I posted was a while back when my hair was around knee length. You are right about HaMalka meaning The Queen.

Dark40
May 2nd, 2018, 06:27 AM
Even though my mom had hers recently cut to waist, she had floor length hair or ankle most of her life and when in college I lived near a gypsy neighborhood and they had impressive lengths there too, not ankle though. It is rare to see waist lengths these days, let alone ankle :p

Wow, that's awesome! Yes, it is very rare these days to see anyone with floor length or ankle length hair. It is probably because it is tied up in a bun or a french twist, and especially it is very rare in my country where I live to see super long hair pass classic, thigh, knee, or floor length. My friend's hair hasn't been ankle or floor length since the late 1980's.

MusicalSpoons
May 2nd, 2018, 06:55 AM
Ha! Nope - the longest I see IRL is on children at school, the longest of which is one girl with ~FTL. Several with TBL, and I know a few of the staff have ~TBL, though I never see it as they keep it covered under a scarf. The longest adult hair I've ever seen IRL was one lady I spotted in a supermarket with mid-thigh length blonde hair. Other than that, generally most long hair I see is about waist/hip.

Chromis
May 2nd, 2018, 09:27 AM
The longest hair I've seen IRL is probably Chromis's lovely knee-length mane! Very much an impressive length to see in person. :)

Aw thank you!

I think the longest I have seen in person was Dianyla's and it reached the top of her combat boots :D

lithostoic
May 2nd, 2018, 10:05 AM
No, the longest hair I've been friends with is knee length :) We used to ride horses together in middle school. She had white blonde, wavy hair that never been cut in her life.

My longest hair friend currently is a couple inches past classic.

Hair longer than waist/hip is extremely uncommon where I live. Most people wear it short/medium.

truepeacenik
May 2nd, 2018, 10:43 AM
Parallel hair, only through meets. Three women.

Floor length dreads, two, one woman, one man.

Eastbound&Down
May 2nd, 2018, 10:57 AM
I did, I grew up in an area that was highly populated with Pentecostal families, and there were a large majority of the girls in my high school that had knee length- ankle length hair. They wore it braided or bunned and out of the way the majority of the time.

Beckstar
May 2nd, 2018, 11:26 AM
I've never seen hair longer than BCL IRL.

bparnell75
May 2nd, 2018, 11:36 AM
I had a friend who had hair that long. She often wore it down while she worked in her bookstore. It was very thin and I did not think it very pretty because of that. She had lovely wisps around her face that I admired. I heard she has since cut it back to shoulder length.

Alex Lou
May 2nd, 2018, 11:38 AM
I'm always on the fence about whether to grow my hair or cut it. This thread makes me want to grow. Imagine all the conversations and people you'd meet walking out the door with thigh-length hair worn down!

Floor length dreads, two, one woman, one man.
That sounds incredible, and so heavy!

FennFire911
May 2nd, 2018, 12:58 PM
We weren’t actual friends, but I went to home room in 7th grade with a girl with ankle length hair. I was living in Hawaii at the time. She officially had the longest hair, but long hair over there was (probably still is?) the norm. Anything less than waist was “short.”
So, we were in the 12-13y/o age range and it was 1991-ish. Her hair was definitely ankle length. I remember the home room teacher asking her one day if it was real or extensions. It was real.

AngelAki
May 2nd, 2018, 01:33 PM
I personally seen back in high school a mother who worked there and her daughter with long hair. Though the mother had a mid high braided pony and it was missing thigh. And I seen two sisters, maybe twins with hair below their butt. My friend and myself had mid butt hair.

And um by pictures I can see my great.. dunno how many... great grandma had floor length hair, she was very pretty and that hair oh my gosh lol.

Dark40
May 2nd, 2018, 04:08 PM
I recall back when I was about in 1st grade, there was a teacher with impressively long brownish/red hair. It was if I remember correctly about calf length. Longest I've seen recently is about thigh length.

Ok, wow. My friend that can grow ankle length hair used color her hair red. It soooo beautiful at ankle length.

DanceInSunshine
May 2nd, 2018, 04:16 PM
Yes!!! There's a lovely Hispanic lady at my best friend's church who has past ankle length... she has black wavy hair that (when she stands still) drags on the floor by about 2 inches. I had only seen pictures, but when I visited and saw it, I was dumbstruck. My best friend (who has amazing, thick, wavy, classic length chestnut brown hair) smacked me and goes "Hey, stop with the jealous eyes" :D

Zesty
May 2nd, 2018, 06:42 PM
I think I have the longest hair of anyone I know, and I rarely see hair approaching my length around town either. It would be fun to see super long lengths in person!

lithostoic
May 2nd, 2018, 08:06 PM
Also I'd like to add, this thread's shortened title on the subforum is "Does Anyone Have Or Ever Had Any Real Life Friends" lol

Dark40
May 3rd, 2018, 10:15 AM
Also I'd like to add, this thread's shortened title on the subforum is "Does Anyone Have Or Ever Had Any Real Life Friends" lol

Lol....Yeah, I know whatcha mean on that note!

Dark40
May 3rd, 2018, 10:17 AM
I had a friend who had hair that long. She often wore it down while she worked in her bookstore. It was very thin and I did not think it very pretty because of that. She had lovely wisps around her face that I admired. I heard she has since cut it back to shoulder length.

Yes, I also don't think super long hair doesn't look too pretty either when it's thin. I tihnk that people with fine or thin hair should keep it trimmed up to shorter lengths.

NightSister
May 3rd, 2018, 11:00 AM

HA! I IRL lol'd at that one.

EdG
May 3rd, 2018, 11:16 AM
Knowing that this is LHC, I think a better question to ask is "how many real-life friends do you have with ankle-length hair?" :lol:
Ed

door72067
May 3rd, 2018, 11:56 AM
Not friends, but one was a clerk at a store I shopped at and another a customer at the shop I worked at at the time, both had past their knee, but not at ankle length hair

both always wore it down/free, which now that my own is at nearly tailbone, I find all the more impressive (and maybe not smart LOL)

Chromis
May 3rd, 2018, 12:32 PM
Yes, I also don't think super long hair doesn't look too pretty either when it's thin. I tihnk that people with fine or thin hair should keep it trimmed up to shorter lengths.

People should wear their hair as they like, thick *or* thin.

Besides, many of us with longer hair prefer to wear it up and the length certainly helps make more impressive buns!

slynr
May 3rd, 2018, 02:42 PM

Not everyone is blessed to have thick hair but doesn't stop them from wanting it to be long. We have many fine haired people on the thinner side who aspire to greater lengths. It's really about individual preference. After all, we aren't here to decorate other people's world!

Eta:to each their own!

nycelle
May 3rd, 2018, 02:45 PM

That's hysterical :laugh::laugh:

Xan
May 3rd, 2018, 03:10 PM
Had a friend with mid calf length hair it was awesome. She wanted ankle length hair ironically that was her goal. She was about 8" or so from ankle. She moved away so I never saw her after that:(

lapushka
May 3rd, 2018, 03:19 PM

Of course that's a matter of opinion and you are perfectly entitled to your own.

But! There are *plenty* of people with thin, fine hair on this board who *are* growing out their hair, often with fairytale ends as well (and I have them due to layering).

My mom has i hair and had BSL hair in her 40s, and she wore it in a bee-butt bun on the top of her head with thicker bangs. She had red hair at that time and it looked *awesome*.

Maybe familiarize yourself with the fine and thin thread. Maybe you'll change your mind. :) :flower:

Khristopher
May 3rd, 2018, 07:11 PM
I'm dying right now :rolling:
I don't have friends with super long hair, but I remember going with a friend to visit an acquaintance or hers once, this girl had very long hair that amazed me at the time (I'm trying to remember and I think it was knee lenght). Oh, and the girl in high school that inspired me to grow long, she had tailbone lenght hair but that's not anywhere near ankle haha

Dark40
May 4th, 2018, 09:46 AM
People should wear their hair as they like, thick *or* thin.

Besides, many of us with longer hair prefer to wear it up and the length certainly helps make more impressive buns!

I didn't say that people with, "thick" or "thin" hair couldn't wear their hair as they are pleased. I know that everbody is fortunate to have thick hair like me.

Well, my hair is long between BSL and Waist, and I don't prefer to wear my hair up all of the time. Sometimes I will wear it in a bun or a half-bun. But I prefer to wear mine down all of the time then up. Have you heard if you keep wearing your hair in the same hair style especially when it's up all of the time it will break off? Even with my buns or ponytails I always switch positions of where I put my ponytails and buns.

Dark40
May 4th, 2018, 09:52 AM
I was just commeting on what bparnell75 was saying or commenting on. I am ver familiar with the "fine" "thin thread." When my hair gets relaxed it turns into being fine/thick. Meaning, that it's fine but I have a lot of hair.

DaveDecker
May 4th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Knowing that this is LHC, I think a better question to ask is "how many real-life friends do you have with ankle-length hair?" :lol:
Ed

Ed, that is so true.

I must be among the most fortunate people in this regard. I have probably met and come to know nearly two dozen folks with ankle-length or longer hair! I consider every such person I meet as a friend, instantly... due I suppose to having something distinctly unique in common.

EdG
May 4th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Ed, that is so true.

I must be among the most fortunate people in this regard. I have probably met and come to know nearly two dozen folks with ankle-length or longer hair! I consider every such person I meet as a friend, instantly... due I suppose to having something distinctly unique in common.Dave - without a doubt, you win this thread. :happydance:
Ed

DaveDecker
May 4th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Dave - without a doubt, you win this thread. :happydance:
Ed

Ed, I just wish that others could be so fortunate. It's one of the many reasons I enjoy catalyzing meet-ups. :)

lapushka
May 4th, 2018, 04:15 PM
I didn't say that people with, "thick" or "thin" hair couldn't wear their hair as they are pleased. I know that everbody is fortunate to have thick hair like me.

Well, my hair is long between BSL and Waist, and I don't prefer to wear my hair up all of the time. Sometimes I will wear it in a bun or a half-bun. But I prefer to wear mine down all of the time then up. Have you heard if you keep wearing your hair in the same hair style especially when it's up all of the time it will break off? Even with my buns or ponytails I always switch positions of where I put my ponytails and buns.

I have been wearing a LWB (lazy wrap bun) for literally *years* in the very same spot, day in, day out (my hair is loose at night, though). No problems; no issues.

And are you actually really saying that people are less fortunate not to have hair as thick as yours? :?:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 4th, 2018, 04:20 PM
I have been wearing a LWB (lazy wrap bun) for literally *years* in the very same spot, day in, day out (my hair is loose at night, though). No problems; no issues.

And are you actually really saying that people are less fortunate not to have hair as thick as yours? :?:

I believe it depends on how tightly it is bunned, and perhaps also how damaged the hair is as well, and how the hair is put up - elastics, rubber bands? Ballerina buns, for example don't do the hair (or hairline) any favours.

Dark40
May 4th, 2018, 07:21 PM

Ok, you are lucky. I have noticed when I wear my half-bun in my elastics in the same spot at night my hair breaks off. I can't wear my hair in the same spot all of the time, and since I have ethnic hair with wearing my buns or ponytails in the same spot all of time my hair easily breaks.

No, I wasn't really actually saying that all people were less fortunate not to have hair as thick as mine. I know that there are some people here at the LHC have hair as thick as mine.

ursaV
May 4th, 2018, 09:18 PM

lol. A valid question.

I have never met or even seen anyone with ankle length hair! Most of my friends vary from SL to ~BSL, give or take. The longest is probably my friend from school who has classic length black hair with fairytailed ends. Another friend of mine has TBL but its so shiny with a blunt hemline. Both great inspirations, I love fairytale ends but the quality of my friend with TBL is definitely admirable as well.

littlestarface
May 4th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Ok, you are lucky. I have noticed when I wear my half-bun in my elastics in the same spot at night my hair breaks off. I can't wear my hair in the same spot all of the time, and since I have ethnic hair with wearing my buns or ponytails in the same spot all of time my hair easily breaks.

No, I wasn't really actually saying that all people were less fortunate not to have hair as thick as mine. I know that there are some people here at the LHC have hair as thick as mine.

I dunno I mean you dont look like you have very thick hair to me so how you can toot your own horn?

Guitargod
May 5th, 2018, 03:08 AM
My girlfriend has hip-length hair and she's probably the second longest haired person I know, me being the first with TBL (but her hair grows fast so she might overtake me).
Longest hair I've ever seen has been around classic - fingertip except for a girl with knee length dreads but I don't know if they were real

MidnightMoon
May 5th, 2018, 06:48 AM

Wow. Ok :brainbleach:
Poor unfortunate ones who don't have "hair as thick as yours"... because thin hair can't be pretty or desirable.

Aredhel
May 5th, 2018, 07:42 AM

Wow thanks for your input.:rolleyes: I happen to think my fine/thin hair looks beautiful long. Rude.

ravenskey
May 5th, 2018, 08:27 AM

I have very thick and coarse hair but both of the IRL people who inspired me to grow to WL+ have way thinner, finer hair and I think both their hair looks lovely. In fact I often wish my hair was thinner because I find it so hard to brush, wash, style etc.

Not everyone has extremely thick hair but thin and/or fine hair can still look beautiful I know several people with thick hair that cut it short and people with thin hair that grow it long - it all looks equally nice.

What a thing to say! Thick hair is not uncommon on LHC and you have classified your own hair as ii/iii in thickness not iii. Also thickness is not a requirement for hair to look good.

ETA: Sorry for derailing this thread.

neko_kawaii
May 5th, 2018, 08:50 AM
KNIT REMINDER

"I came for the hair care advice, but I stayed for the friends."

It has been said more than once that TLHC is one of the nicest sites on the 'net. That's because we have exceptional members who genuinely care about each other and terrific moderators who strive to make sure everyone has the best experience possible. The feeling created is very much like an extended family.

On occasion, however, a quarrel will occur, or a bit of snark will creep into people's messages, and this note is a gentle reminder that the best antidote for that is for everyone to monitor their own posts. Using the Report Button is a great help to the moderators by alerting us to problems, but prevention is a way that everyone can help maintain that warm community spirit. So, as we like to say, KNIT before you post.

Before you hit the "Submit" button, review what you're about to say:

Is it Kind?
Is it Necessary?
Is it Informative?
Is it True?

Read your words as if someone else were saying them to you. How would you receive them? Would you be offended, hurt or angry? If your post doesn't pass those tests, try again. If you simply can't compose something, let the thread go, and maybe try again later.

Every once in a while, there will be something that you cannot agree with. No one expects there to be a complete meeting of minds on every single topic discussed here. In those cases, we ask for tolerance - not acceptance, but tolerance. The other person is always worthy of respect. If you post, do not attack. Agree to disagree, and let your words be civil and even as kind as possible.

Thank you, everyone, for making this such a wonderful community.

MusicalSpoons
May 5th, 2018, 09:10 AM

I think that has more to do with what's used to secure the style than wearing it in the same spot. However, there are some who have fragile hair that can't tolerate even hair-friendly styles and accessories in the same spot all the time. Their hair generally doesn't tolerate being worn loose though, either.

I believe it depends on how tightly it is bunned, and perhaps also how damaged the hair is as well, and how the hair is put up - elastics, rubber bands? Ballerina buns, for example don't do the hair (or hairline) any favours.

This.

Dark40
May 5th, 2018, 05:39 PM
I totally agree with neko_kawaii. Can't we all just have a friendly community?

Dark40
May 5th, 2018, 05:51 PM
I think that has more to do with what's used to secure the style than wearing it in the same spot. However, there are some who have fragile hair that can't tolerate even hair-friendly styles and accessories in the same spot all the time. Their hair generally doesn't tolerate being worn loose though, either.

This.

Yes, that's true. It was that I heard that from another girl on: www.youtube.com

She showed were here hair was breaking off from wearing her hair in a ponytail in the same place all of the time. Well, I haven't noticed any issues with mine, "Thank God." But I mostly wear mine loose when I'm going out but at home I always wear it up all of the time.

Dark40
May 5th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Wow. Ok :brainbleach:
Poor unfortunate ones who don't have "hair as thick as yours"... because thin hair can't be pretty or desirable.

Why are you so worried about my posts on this topic? I wasn't the one that started this topic. So, don't be downing me because of my opinions on it.

Dark40
May 5th, 2018, 06:41 PM
I have very thick and coarse hair but both of the IRL people who inspired me to grow to WL+ have way thinner, finer hair and I think both their hair looks lovely. In fact I often wish my hair was thinner because I find it so hard to brush, wash, style etc.

Not everyone has extremely thick hair but thin and/or fine hair can still look beautiful I know several people with thick hair that cut it short and people with thin hair that grow it long - it all looks equally nice.

What a thing to say! Thick hair is not uncommon on LHC and you have classified your own hair as ii/iii in thickness not iii. Also thickness is not a requirement for hair to look good.

ETA: Sorry for derailing this thread.

Why are you downing me about this topic? I wasn't the one that started this conversation. So, get off my back.

Dark40
May 5th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Wow thanks for your input.:rolleyes: I happen to think my fine/thin hair looks beautiful long. Rude.

I didn't say that anything was wrong with your hair. I've even commented on your hair before in another thread, and I said that it was beautiful. I was not even talking about your hair, and your hair appears to be a little thicker than others I have seen on the fine side.

Calaelen
May 6th, 2018, 08:22 AM
I've never had a real life friend with ankle length hair, but I have seen it on 3 different people while out and about.