PDA

View Full Version : Cayenne pepper hair oil!!!!!

Ariel love
May 1st, 2018, 05:54 AM
Hey everyone, :D

Recently i have heard about the cayenne pepper infused oil in YouTube. Well, the red chilly doesn't actually sound like an amazing thing to apply to the scalp but i have heard many reviews about it. So now i am really curious and want to know if you guys have ever used it, is it really worth the hype? :confused:

If not can you suggest me some good infused oil. :o

Thank you! :magic:.

lapushka
May 1st, 2018, 06:03 AM
Personally, I would not put cayenne on my scalp (burns), neither would I try cinnamon (burns). Why such "dangerous" ingredients?

I would use a plain oil, just the act of massaging the scalp will bring enough blood flow to the scalp anyhow. :flower:

I would be fearful of hurting my follicles with something spicy.

Ariel love
May 1st, 2018, 06:08 AM
Thank you lapuska, the first think that came to my mind was as well the burning effect. Guess i will stick to my old henna oiling routine.

Lumienkeli
May 1st, 2018, 06:29 AM
When I want to try something new I try first on my arm, than on the nape of my neck at the hairline. If there is no reaction after 48 hours I know I can use the stuff safe enough.

I never tried pepper, just EO's and factory made herbal sprays. I really don't want to take something on my scalp what might cause allergic reactions.

Alissalocks
May 1st, 2018, 07:30 AM
....but why? :D Is it supposed to make your hair grow faster by agitating/increasing blood flow to the scalp? That necessitates the scalp possibly becoming inflamed. And if one doesn't put it on the scalp, then to what purpose is the chili oil on just the hair shaft itself?

I have used clove oil, in an infusion with a carrier, but never chili. I live in the southwest, we do a lot of crazy things with chili (candy is a great one, beef jerky mmm) but never heard of putting it in/on my hair. :shrug:

Larki
May 1st, 2018, 08:52 AM
I've seen at least one member here who talks about using it on their scalp.

MoonRabbit
May 1st, 2018, 09:38 AM
One of my favorite shampoos is Tio Nacho with Chile Pepper Extract. I loved the way it made my hair feel, sadly my store does not carry it anymore but I can still get it online.

I don't think it did anything amazing as far as hair growth but it did help my partners dry and itchy scalp.

Joules
May 1st, 2018, 12:45 PM
I tried chilli pepper infused oil for growth before. It was insanely drying for my hair and the growth boost was questionable at best.

Also, I tried applying mustard on my scalp. For growth, too. Would not recommend.

Mlarmour
May 1st, 2018, 01:48 PM
I use cayenne infused olive oil a couple times a month. I honestly like the tingle, I only really use it when my hands are too sore to massage my scalp as I feel the tingle helps to encourage blood to my scalp. It’s never dried out my hair or damaged the hair shaft.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 1st, 2018, 01:56 PM
Isn't it an irritant? No way would I put an irritant on my head.

lapushka
May 1st, 2018, 04:35 PM
Isn't it an irritant? No way would I put an irritant on my head.

Cinnamon for sure is; and so is cayenne.

I've known people try "cinnamon masks" for the face and they ended up with a chemical burn (as red as a beet).

Ariel love
May 5th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Oh yeah I have a bad experience with cinnamon as well. It didn't burn my face badly but there were red patches which took 2-3 weeks to heal.

Hexen
May 6th, 2018, 01:42 AM
I dont think ive come across a lot of information relating cayenne and hair. But it is a wonderful styptic. And it makes for an excellent application as a treatment for wounds. And can be consumed orally combined with other things notably garlic for the antibiotic properties, which can certainly do a body good. Many times ive rubbed cayenne into my wounds. And never has it failed me. :)

Calaelen
May 6th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Many times ive rubbed cayenne into my wounds. And never has it failed me. :)

But does it burn like heck? Not very much? The thought of rubbing cayenne in my wound has me shuddering.

Valkyriejae
May 6th, 2018, 10:49 AM
As others have said, I'd be hesitant to use any sort of irritant on my scalp - maybe a VERY small amount in a carrier, but still with a patch test first. When I want to stimulate circulation I go the opposite route - I use a conditionner with peppermint, which is soothing but the cooling effect also gets me that tingle that you know the blood is swirling around up there :)

Hexen
May 6th, 2018, 05:11 PM
But does it burn like heck? Not very much? The thought of rubbing cayenne in my wound has me shuddering.

Oddly enough, no... there is a rather minimal burning sensation to be felt. Which is one of the things that most people who use it in this manner find surprising. I enjoy making a lot of natural medicines and tinctures and things like that. :)