PDA

View Full Version : Cinchona for hair growth

cinnamonbean
April 29th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Hey guys, has anyone used the Cinchona plant for hair growth? In my country it is really popular to apply to the scalp and roots of the hair for accelerated hair growth in the form of what we call "chinchona water" -basically just an extract from the plant. I have tried it before, but have yet to really become consistent enough in order to see results... I have consistently tried peppermint oil scalp massages/sprays a few times a week, though but have not experienced dramatic growth. Same goes for castor oil, although I do think both of these were surely in some way beneficial, if not my HG hair/scalp stimulators. :confused: I was wondering if anyone has discovered any products with an extract of this plant or something, since I did not come across any mention of this particular remedy in my hours of rummaging though the forum.;)

lapushka
April 29th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Hey guys, has anyone used the Cinchona plant for hair growth? In my country it is really popular to apply to the scalp and roots of the hair for accelerated hair growth in the form of what we call "chinchona water" -basically just an extract from the plant. I have tried it before, but have yet to really become consistent enough in order to see results... I have consistently tried peppermint oil scalp massages/sprays a few times a week, though but have not experienced dramatic growth. Same goes for castor oil, although I do think both of these were surely in some way beneficial, if not my HG hair/scalp stimulators. :confused: I was wondering if anyone has discovered any products with an extract of this plant or something, since I did not come across any mention of this particular remedy in my hours of rummaging though the forum.;)

I have never even heard of this. What kind of plant is it? Can I ask what country you are from? Is it a tropical plant?

Be careful with oils on the scalp; take a look at your shedding. Some people shed more when they use oils on the scalp, or conditioner. And it is the kind of hair loss that leads to thinning, not just "hair that would have come out anyway".