PDA

View Full Version : How do you wear your hair to church?

cjk
April 29th, 2018, 11:40 AM
How do y'all wear your hair to church?

I prefer keeping mine contained but simple and modest. Today, for instance, I just pulled my second day curls back and secured it with a very plain comb. They draped softly and looked natural, nothing elaborate.

It is my opinion that simplicity and modesty are appropriate to the church venue, though I know that view is not universal.

But by LHC standards I have very short hair, many of y'all would garner attention regardless of what you did. So I'm curious, how do y'all wear your hair to church?

https://i.imgur.com/toSjJxI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/H4LnHrh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Margarita
April 29th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I mostly have it down, i rarely have my hair up. So yes, its down and simple for me =)

Harley_Blake
April 29th, 2018, 01:51 PM
I don't attend church, but when I go to funerals/communions/etc I usually do half up or a bun of some sort. I feel like somewhat contained hairstyles are respectful and appropriate for the occasion.

lapushka
April 29th, 2018, 03:27 PM
I am catholic, but we don't attend church, unless it's a baptism, Holy Communion, or funeral, and that is even more rare as most people these days choose a funeral outside of church. We have just had a death and a birth in the family and so far we haven't seen the inside of a church yet.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 29th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Simple and modest are always a good thing, so I wear mine bunned.

Aredhel
April 29th, 2018, 03:44 PM
I'm not religious but whenever I attend any sort of religious function (funerals, baptisms, etc.), I keep my hair neatly bunned as I would any other day of the week, I also opt for plain/wooden hair toys to keep things classy and simple.

Dark40
April 29th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I wear mine all kind of ways. Sometimes hanging down straight, and other times either in a ponytail or a half-bun.

chiapommama
April 29th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Lately I have been wearing it down more, and sometimes I clip it up or wear a bun . Just whatever I feel like doing with it to make it look nice.

NikitaJane
April 30th, 2018, 01:41 AM
I usually wear mine down to church, but I'm now starting to wear my hair up more often so I may wear a simple braid or bun.

pailin
April 30th, 2018, 02:39 AM
Mostly what I would do any other day- bunned or braided, very occasionally I might leave it down. Basically something neat.

Pacific
April 30th, 2018, 04:17 AM
I don't go to church but to synagogue. On Friday evening it's down, on Saturday morning it's in a low pony tail or a cinnamon.

CopperButterfly
April 30th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Yesterday I wore a half up held with a pretty flexi that matched my dress. My general goal is to look nice and neat and dressed up.

MlleMC
April 30th, 2018, 09:39 AM
For the most part, it's just as I wear it any other day, so in a braid or a bun, and sometimes down if it's not fully dry.

My main consideration is whether or not I'm in charge of kids that week. I teach 2-year-olds, so hair down or even in a braid can be pretty inconvenient at my length.

bparnell75
April 30th, 2018, 10:13 AM
Because I wear my hair up every day I also wear it in some kind of a bun for church. I often do a more classy low bun in back like a horizontal pha or a Palmier bun. I like putting pretties in my hair also. My toys will always match my clothes.

nycelle
April 30th, 2018, 10:49 AM
My mother is Russian Orthodox, my husband is Catholic, my dad is Jewish. Whenever I need to go to a place of worship, I wear my hair down but with something over - either a hat or a mantilla.
But I only go for wedding, funerals, first communions and christenings. We are not religious people.

krispie
April 30th, 2018, 03:39 PM
I just wear mine down, in my church there are few people with long hair, so I never really knew how to wear my hair but just down seems to be no problem. Although sometimes I have it in a pony tail or I put in some clips :)

AmaryllisRed
April 30th, 2018, 09:03 PM
I like to wear it down since church is one of the few times I am kid-free and just sitting. But as it grows I'm wearing buns more. I try not to do anything too flashy.

AutobotsAttack
April 30th, 2018, 10:27 PM
Usually a bun with an accent braid or twist, and one of my forks.

Shorty89
April 30th, 2018, 11:36 PM
I tend to show off my hair a bit a church. :oops: It's partly because I don't go out that much, so I use it as an opportunity to do some fun braids/buns.

Hexen
May 1st, 2018, 02:03 AM
For a man to answer this question, I think can involve variables that can make a significant difference affected specifically by gender. But If and when I do go to Church, which I rarely do, meaning church as is generally defined by "traditional" denominations, I wear it loose, or down. I think such a gathering should embody both the understanding of nature, and that which has so often been described, in their own way, as a kind of 'temple', by the manuscripts and teachings themselves. Let the character of the congregation reveal itself, when faced with harmless yet unorthodox doctrine. And fortunately, I have found that more often than not, that compassion and acceptance does prevail.

entish
May 1st, 2018, 04:53 AM
I am more likely to wear it down, but otherwise I don’t wear it any different than any other day. I generally stay away from elaborate hairstyles, but then again those aren’t my norm anyway.

yahirwaO.o
May 1st, 2018, 09:47 AM
I donīt attend church!

But I do attend spiritual activities and I mostly wear it down sometimes a high top knot or a simple low pony :cool:

Milady_DeWinter
May 1st, 2018, 10:13 AM
Not religious either, but if I have to go for something extraordinary (funerals, baptisms, etc) I wear it down or in a simple half up, nothing flashy.

earth
May 1st, 2018, 10:21 AM
Being a guy my hair is now past hip so I wear it in a bun so it is not a distraction in church. Actually many who know me have no idea how long my hair is.

MoonRabbit
May 1st, 2018, 10:25 AM
I don't attend but I would wear it however I felt like wearing it, It's just hair and I don't see how hair could ever be inappropriate. Now my partner will sometimes go to church with his parents, I went once and it was a pretty laid back joint, he will usually wear his hair in his go to bun.

His church has a band and the guitarist has classic length and he wears it down while he is playing for the church.

mwallingford
May 1st, 2018, 01:30 PM
I personally have no objection to people wearing their hair down or in elaborate styles, but I usually go for a lazy wrap bun held up with some plain hair toys. I suppose I don't want the attention on me since that's not why we're in church, but that being said, I love seeing other people's hair down.

I think that hairstyle was very well done, cjk! And a good thread to see what other people think, too

cjk
May 1st, 2018, 01:43 PM
While it's true that there is no wrong answer, it seems that some hairstyles would be more or less appropriate to the venue. My church hosts a "friends and family" Sunday, periodically, during which we are strongly encouraged to bring at least one guest.

One time a young man attended as a guest, with a bright blue Mohawk. Nobody cared. But to choose to wear a brightly dyed Mohawk to a church service is a bit out of the ordinary.

It seems like most of us are in agreement, simple and modest are typical. Leave the rainbow Liberty spikes for the PTA meeting.

MoonRabbit
May 1st, 2018, 04:06 PM
While it's true that there is no wrong answer, it seems that some hairstyles would be more or less appropriate to the venue. My church hosts a "friends and family" Sunday, periodically, during which we are strongly encouraged to bring at least one guest.

One time a young man attended as a guest, with a bright blue Mohawk. Nobody cared. But to choose to wear a brightly dyed Mohawk to a church service is a bit out of the ordinary.

It seems like most of us are in agreement, simple and modest are typical. Leave the rainbow Liberty spikes for the PTA meeting.

I don't think that style is considered choosing, that would be like going and getting that style and color right before going to church. He probably had the blue mohawk to begin with, not much else he could really do with it in my honest opinion.

cjk
May 1st, 2018, 04:55 PM
And as I said, nobody cared. We are a loving and welcoming congregation.

But to pretend that he didn't stand out just a bit at the subsequent luncheon would be unrealistic.