PDA

View Full Version : Losing hair but not volume?

Eastbound&Down
April 27th, 2018, 07:59 PM
I've notice some increased hair fall the last couple of months, like comes out on handfuls while washing and combing while styling. It's enough that my husband even noticed by our bathtub drain.

But even with all of that, I haven't noticed any thinning, it still pretty thick, so I'm confused? Anybody know what might be happening?

akurah
April 27th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Longer hair, when shed, gives the appearance of shedding more. If you’re not losing volume then it’s just the length fooling your perception.

mwallingford
April 27th, 2018, 10:03 PM
Could you be having a brief seasonal shed? I don't know much about them, but I've heard that it's fairly common in the spring and fall.

lapushka
April 28th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Could be it. Clean out your drain well (add it to what you already shed), and see in total how much it is you lose, and gauge by that, week by week.

mwallingford is right, it could be seasonal.

Have you changed any products around lately? Oiling the scalp? Conditioning it?

Eastbound&Down
April 28th, 2018, 10:28 AM
I don't suspect seasonal shed, because the duration I've experienced has occurred before the seasons shifted. I also haven't changed my washing process all that much. I'm going to start taking a multivitamin just in case Ought ne deficient in some way.

leayellena
April 28th, 2018, 12:27 PM
That's me. Ugh! I hopped I already reached 9 cm pony circ. but no, i am still having 8.5 cm. Probably on super hot July will get more?
PS: I shed like a golden retriever no matter what lol