PDA

View Full Version : One specific moment where you loved your hair

ajr
October 31st, 2008, 08:05 AM
I don't even know how to word the title right. I am a new to this waking up before noon in order to go to work drill and I feel that hearing the alarm go off at 6am maybe killing brain cells :rolleyes:

However I'll try my best. What is one moment when you realized just how long your hair has become and you loved it.

Yesterday I was walking to my car after teaching for 6 hours and talking to parents for another 2. I was exhausted not just physically but mentally. As I was walking I took down my hair in an attempt to ward off an impending headache. It was like I had noticed it for the first time, all the weight against my back and then I felt something on my arm. A single lock of hair had fallen down in front of my shoulder and the ends were now long enough to lie against my forearm. I rarely take my hair very seriously it has no spiritual meaning, or any other emotional weight attached to it. But that moment was pretty damn cool :)

taliarose
October 31st, 2008, 08:11 AM
There was no specific moment for me. There are lots of times when I have it up or down and it's just :cloud9: I'm very looking forward to when it's longer than my arms just so I can start feeling it against my legs.

:inlove:

mommy101405
October 31st, 2008, 08:19 AM
The other day I was going to wear a back top so I was doing my makeup in just a bra so as not to get any makeup dust on my shirt. I could feel my hair sort of brushing over the top of my back and neck. It was a very sort of sensual feminine feeling. Since growing out my hair I think I feel very feminine. Not that I wasn't before its just a little different now. Not to mention my dh gushes over my hair all the time. He even gives me wonderful scalp massages b.c I have convinced him it will grow so much faster :p

girlcat36
October 31st, 2008, 08:40 AM
Two months before I was diagnosed with cancer and just started going cone-free, and using a cone-free curl enhancer. My hair was thick, curly and frizz-free. My ex-husband said "wow--your hair looks really nice-- beautiful", and a couple of other people in the elevator at the time commented, too. I was so happy!
That was two years ago and it's been all down hill from there. But I will always remember it....

Chromis
October 31st, 2008, 08:44 AM
Just one?! :bigtongue:

spidermom
October 31st, 2008, 11:39 AM
I had one this morning. Relatively unclothed so that I could see body part markers, I looked at the back of my hair in the mirror, and I AM at tailbone with dry hair, even without stretching (although it is relatively straight today). I can hardly believe my hair is this long. Classic length, here we come!

Amara
October 31st, 2008, 11:56 AM
The other day I could feel it swishing around my hips and on my arms below my elbows. That was nice.

dawnsy
October 31st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Labor Day 2006, I had just had highlights put in it and a great cut. Got up that morning washed it for the first time since the cut and styled it. It done so well. Better than I have ever seen it. Went to my moms to barbeque for the holiday. Put charcoal on the grill (the kind that already have the lighter fluid in them) lit the charcoal, had a really hot fire so I shut the lid on the grill so it would calm down a little. Didn't realize there wasn't an opening in the grill hood. When I opened the lid of the grill flames shot out at me and singed the ends of my hair in the front. That heat took about half of my bangs off. : ( I enjoyed that wonderful cut for about an hour. It took several months for me to even look right again. I had a crazy hair do then. I don't do barbeques any longer. ...lol

NightDaemon
October 31st, 2008, 12:22 PM
The moment my hair first started to go nice after a few years of neglect. LHC + time = hair love.

sahiba
October 31st, 2008, 12:30 PM
It does feel good , dosen't it? I felt really happy when these things happen as it always reminds me of the day my hair got stuck while pulling my pants up. :lipssealed: :couch:

Aisha25
October 31st, 2008, 12:35 PM
It does feel good , dosen't it? I feel really happy when these things happen as it always reminds me of the day my hair got stuck while pulling my pants up. :lipssealed: :couch:
:laugh: Once they got stuck um under the pants I was like :bigeyes:

sahiba
October 31st, 2008, 12:38 PM
:laugh: Once they got stuck um under the pants I was like :bigeyes:

But frankly I went :happydance: They are long enough :joy:

neon-dream
October 31st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Ohh that would have to be about 3 years ago, when one of my friends was playing with my hair and told me how soft it was. It just made me feel so proud, so I thought, well I'm guna maintain this softness! And my love for my hair seemed to just.. grow from there :D!
x

dancingmegs
October 31st, 2008, 03:13 PM
The first time I realized I was sitting on my hair.

The first time I had my hair down while naked and noticed it brushing the backs of my thighs.

Every time BF goes all mushy over my hair. :inlove:

Sarahmoon
October 31st, 2008, 03:41 PM
When my sister showed me the pictures of her wedding. There was this picture of me, showing sideways, my hair clearly visible and it looked so long, shiny and beautiful :love:. My sister said the photographer had told her I would fit well it the 19th century :lol:. I wish I had the picture so I could show you, but I don't think it would be appropriate to ask for it.

Another moment, more recently, is... when I undress for showering and feel my hair brushing my bottom :oops:

maliha
October 31st, 2008, 03:49 PM
Well,,, I remember when i was pregnant my hair was so very healthy might be bcoz of extra hormones (I got comment from my DH)...:) my husband usually doesnt notice my hairs becoz my mother in law has knee length hair so its not a big deal for him he has seen it since he was small,,long and pretty hair...

So I feel that was a moment i loved my hair :)

freznow
October 31st, 2008, 04:23 PM
Can it be this whole week? Yesterday I had someone pull out my stick in my after school club. It came swirling down like a magical waterfall. And it's in better shape this week (even though yesterday was dirty day 6 or something like that) than it has been in a while, and so I was happy to have her marveling at my hair :D

And it's been going through an ultimate growthspurt lately. It's thumb length!

Phalaenopsis
October 31st, 2008, 05:19 PM
I had the same thing!Now, when it's almost BSL it's so strange to feel my hair against my back. It hit me suddenly. Oh my gosh, it covers a part of my back! *I couldn't stop looking in the mirror, by the way :o*
I also love the feeling of my soft hair against my back.:D

Islandgrrl
October 31st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Probably the first time I felt my hair tickle the backs of my knees. That totally rocked.