PDA

View Full Version : CO frequency and truth or fiction?

goatgurl
March 22nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
I have two questions (I'm sure there will be more later!) , I CO'd this morning for the first time, how often should I do it? And I've heard that running your fingers through your hair is bad for it, is this true? I have a habit of running my fingers through my hair at my forehead and then back.

ChloeDharma
March 22nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
It's really up to you how often you wash hun, i usually wash once a week when on CO.

As for running your fingers through your hair.....i expect it's fine as long as you aren't breaking hairs while you do it.....in fact it might even provide a bit of mild scalp stimulation and increase bloodflow (a good thing) :)

ETA.....Welcome to LHC :)

florenonite
March 22nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Meh, I run my fingers through my hair all the time, as long as you don't tangle it it should be fine.

redcelticcurls
March 22nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
I condition my hair about every other day, but my scalp is water wash. I think you just have to expiriment to see what works.

I don't run my fingers through my hair because they'd get stuck. :lol:

I agree with ChloeDharma, as long as you aren't breaking it, I'd say it was OK...

kimki
March 22nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
I CO twice a week, once a week I also do an SMT. I run my fingers through my hair, fiddle with it constantly :D. But I'm trying not too!

AJoifulNoise
March 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
I defy most wisdom and CO just about everyday. I think I have a slightly special case, though, because if I don't wash my hair daily (or at most every other day) my scalp goes crazy with itchies.

As for running your fingers through your hair: some people here fingercomb their hair instead of or in addition to combing and brushing.

Kirin
March 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
I'm not a co'er, but i dont think it would be bad to do it daily, especially if it works for you.

I'm a fellow finger runner, and also curl twirler lol. I've wondered if it was bad myself, but apparently with me its a fixation I cant stop, good or bad lol. I just love twirlin.

davidvs
March 22nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
When I first switched to CO I did so daily. I think it was a subconscious "guy thing": we clean our hair every shower, right?

I can skip two days without any problem. (My hair feels nicer to me if I CO daily, but my wife cannot tell until two days so perhaps I am imagining it. It looks the same if I skip a day or two.)

One other comment: my rate of hair loss in the shower seems constant overall. If I skip a day and then CO, I'll shed twice as much as when I CO daily.

None of this necessarily applies to anyone else; hair oiliness and shedding are quite individualized.

artemis
March 22nd, 2008, 02:23 PM
I CO about once or twice a week (and don't wash my hair any more than that). Wash your hair when it feels like it needs it and don't worry about what other people are doing :)

FrannyG
March 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
I CO'd daily for the first while that I was COing. Now I do it every other day. I can't seem to get past the 2 day barrier without a wash.

rhubarbarin
March 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
I CO when my hair starts to look greasy! I usually wet my hair every 2-4 days (or when it gets fuzzy) but if it isn't greasy I will do a water wash.

It's just a way to wash your hair, so do whatever makes your hair look best.

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM
i shampoo just once a week but CO wash every other day and im a fiddler and twirler, used to pull hair out too but fingers crossed ive stopped that!

Carolyn
March 22nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Everyone's hair and scalp is different so there are a lot of varying frequencies for washing here. Your activities and the weather may also play a part in how often you want to wash. I sometimes CO every day and sometimes I go 3 days between. I just do what I think I need and what I feel like.

If you are massaging your scalp as you run your fingers through your hair I would think that would be a good thing. Be careful if you wear rings that could catch on your hair and rip it out. I've had that happen and have learned to be more careful.

Sillage
March 22nd, 2008, 06:45 PM
When I first switched to CO I did so daily. I think it was a subconscious "guy thing": we clean our hair every shower, right?

I had the exact same issue! It way really hard for me to get comfortable with the idea of not washing everything during my daily shower. I started off doing CO everyday, but then I had to cut back to every other day because of build up. On off days I washed with tea or water because just had to do something.

BTW, it's great to see more men posting.

Myeka
March 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM
I CO every single day and use shampoo once every couple months. My hair only gets greasy when I accidentally use too much product (leave in conditioner).