PDA

View Full Version : No-trimming 2020!

Pages : [1] 2

lapushka
April 24th, 2018, 12:40 PM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 1st 2020. No other trims are allowed during the calendar year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

Past challenges:

No-trimming 2018!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143311

No-trimming 2019!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144014

Future challenges, still to come!

If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 5th!

zanelle
April 24th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Count me in :beerchug::popcorn:

lapushka
April 24th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Welcome aboard, zanelle!

I was hesitant to already post the challenge, since it's a few years away still, but I thought I'm not waiting to post this until the fall, if people can have fun subbing already. :D :thumbsup:

fhairyqueen
April 24th, 2018, 01:44 PM
I’m in !!! I wonder where my hair will be by the time this challenge begins . I’m currently just hitting APL

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
April 24th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Please count me in. At the moment my hair is at BCL stretched and at waist curly. Who knows where it will be in 2020.

lapushka
April 24th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Welcome fhairyqueen, and Kat-RinnŤ Naido! :)

Dark40
April 24th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Count me in! That is 2 years from now. I also wonder where I would be by the time we reach this challenge.

ravenskey
April 24th, 2018, 04:24 PM
If you're splitting 2020 up like 2018 then I'll definitely be part of the 1st half but I'll probably trim in the 2nd half.

Ignore this now - I'm an idiot and didn't see the 1st and 2nd half posts.

Aredhel
April 24th, 2018, 05:12 PM
I shouldn't be trimming in 2020... because I plan to trim in 2019 instead. ;) So count me in! :hifive:

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 25th, 2018, 01:21 AM
I think this will be the year I can stop trimming completely. At that point I would have cut out whatever dye damage might be lingering.

lapushka
April 25th, 2018, 03:09 AM
Count me in! That is 2 years from now. I also wonder where I would be by the time we reach this challenge.

Quite a bit further a long, probably! :D

If you're splitting 2020 up like 2018 then I'll definitely be part of the 1st half but I'll probably trim in the 2nd half.

Ignore this now - I'm an idiot and didn't see the 1st and 2nd half posts.

Yes, I posted them virtually simultaneously. :) :o

I shouldn't be trimming in 2020... because I plan to trim in 2019 instead. ;) So count me in! :hifive:

Yes! :cheer:

I think this will be the year I can stop trimming completely. At that point I would have cut out whatever dye damage might be lingering.

I know you've been struggling with damage badly. 2 more months and you'll be out the first year of 2018 challenge and can go for some needed trimming. It should be a breeze, this one, by the time you get round to it! 2020 is a tad away, but we can plan for the future. ;)

Dark40
April 25th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Quite a bit further a long, probably! :D

Yes, I posted them virtually simultaneously. :) :o

Yes! :cheer:

I know you've been struggling with damage badly. 2 more months and you'll be out the first year of 2018 challenge and can go for some needed trimming. It should be a breeze, this one, by the time you get round to it! 2020 is a tad away, but we can plan for the future. ;)

Yes, I really hope so! :D

SnowDancer
April 25th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Count me in! :)

FullofGrace
April 25th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Oh I think I will join. Also the no trim 2019. I have decided to no longer dye my hair which is naturally dark with some gray, currently very heavily highlighted. Has anyone just left the blonde ends and not worried how it looks?

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 25th, 2018, 06:46 PM

Yup! I plan to trim an inch at the end of this years challenge then go again at the end of this year, another inch at the end of the year before jan 1st 2019.
Then start all over again, another inch july 2019, then another before 2020 starts. Ill take off about 4" which is what I have left i think. Its where the most taper is.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 25th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Gosh, I wonder what my hair will be doing in two years' time :p I don't think I'm ready to join this thread at this stage, though I have plenty of time to consider joining it :laugh:

zanelle
April 26th, 2018, 02:22 AM
Oh I think I will join. Also the no trim 2019. I have decided to no longer dye my hair which is naturally dark with some gray, currently very heavily highlighted. Has anyone just left the blonde ends and not worried how it looks?

If those bother you, how about a hendigo gloss on top of them?

lapushka
April 26th, 2018, 04:24 PM

Try the dye grow out thread. It is awesome for some much needed support. Do you wear updos at all?

Welcome all of you!

FullofGrace
May 22nd, 2018, 07:11 PM
I'm totally considering that. I ordered a sample of nightblooming enyo and I'm waiting for it to arrive to test on a "hairball" lol. Edit: this is in response to zanelle, I'm forum ignorant. I will learn. Lapushka: thank you I will look for that thread. Can't wait to see how long my hair gets before 2020. :)

Simsy
May 23rd, 2018, 05:50 AM
For this challenge, you need to trim at the latest January 1st 2020. No other trims are allowed during the calendar year for you to be part of this challenge.

If you want to no-trim for shorter periods of time during the year, then the "no-trimming club" is a better place for you:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=132

Welcome, and "happy growing"!

Here's some easy guidelines for you:

You may maintain bangs.
You may not cut them in.
You may S&D
You may not trim.

Past challenges:

No-trimming 2018!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143311

No-trimming 2019!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144014

Future challenges, still to come!

Dang Lapushka, getting in a little early here. Talk about organised :applause:

On the one hand, I really donít need to grow any longer as I have hit goal; and the ends could use some TLC. On the other hand, this is one of the better excuses to not trim my hair; and sheer laziness might as well be good for something.

lapushka
May 23rd, 2018, 05:59 AM
Dang Lapushka, getting in a little early here. Talk about organised :applause:

On the one hand, I really don’t need to grow any longer as I have hit goal; and the ends could use some TLC. On the other hand, this is one of the better excuses to not trim my hair; and sheer laziness might as well be good for something.

I think 2 years in advance should cover the bases. Some people (me included) like to plan ahead. I love not having to trim an entire year as I find it really a "chore" in every sense of the word! :)

Simsy
May 25th, 2018, 09:50 PM
I think 2 years in advance should cover the bases. Some people (me included) like to plan ahead. I love not having to trim an entire year as I find it really a "chore" in every sense of the word! :)

Wait...only 2 years!? Noo! :lala: Iím not emotionally ready for 2019, Iím still recovering from 17 and 18.:scared:

WyntreBlossom
May 25th, 2018, 10:04 PM
I don't think I am ever going to actually TRIM again. Maybe S&D but. no trimming. so. COUNT ME IN!

lapushka
May 26th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Welcome WyntreBlossom!

Simsy, mark my words, before you know it, we'll be in 2020.

lakhesis
October 9th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Hm, can't we move the latest trim to 5th January as in 2021 challenge? :pinktongue:

I'm not sure how my ends will look after 2018 and 2019 of no trimming, so I might need to even it out, but then I would love to continue with no trimming :)

AshtangiPNW
October 9th, 2018, 01:35 PM
I'm in! Yay! I'll just S&D for the next few years and see where that takes me. I'm a bit past CBL now and I'm hoping to eventually maintain at TBL or so....several years from now....haha :D Going to the hairdresser is one of my favorite things to *not* do lately. :D

ravenskey
October 9th, 2018, 01:56 PM
Hm, can't we move the latest trim to 5th January as in 2021 challenge? :pinktongue:

I'm not sure how my ends will look after 2018 and 2019 of no trimming, so I might need to even it out, but then I would love to continue with no trimming :)

lakhesis she has edited the first post, it's at the bottom.

lakhesis
October 9th, 2018, 03:04 PM
lakhesis she has edited the first post, it's at the bottom.

I am sorry, I missed that. Count me in then! :)

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Yes, now I included it up top as well, but when it was still being decided, I just edited it down there.

hannabiss
October 9th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Yup this on too. IM IN!!

lapushka
October 9th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Welcome to 2020, hannabiss!

XcaliburGirl
October 10th, 2018, 05:31 AM
I am in! If my growth continues at its usual rate, I will be just about hitting Tailbone at the end of 2020.

That reminds me, I have been thinking about Classic as my goal, but I have not updated my profile. The last time I was here I wasn't ready to commit to growing it that long. I had too much going on in my life. For some reason moving makes me want shorter hair. Now I plan to stay put for a long time.

lapushka
October 10th, 2018, 09:08 AM
I just updated my profile. Good luck & welcome, XcaliburGirl! :)

ravenskey
December 1st, 2018, 08:49 AM
Okay, I've decided to join the full year for this rather than the halves. See my older post - obviously, I can't make my mind up with this thread.

lapushka
December 1st, 2018, 09:02 AM
It's still far enough away to make a decision on that. This thread is just here, in case you have long term plans on reaching a particular goal (like me and knee).

Remi
February 17th, 2019, 08:06 AM
I just saw this thread. Lapushka, so organized! Thank you :flower: I'm in this, and 2019.

Sparkles122
February 17th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Im in also. If I donít do anything stupid from now until then, I should be somewhere in the middle of tailbone and classic

lapushka
February 17th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Welcome you guys!

I just saw this thread. Lapushka, so organized! Thank you :flower: I'm in this, and 2019.

Yeah, I know I'm early with some of these, but some of us have "plans". LOL! Next addition will be August/September, when I'll add the 22 ones (I hope), and that way I only need to add the new one each August/September and we'll be on track for a good 2 years. Right now you can go up to 2021, so 2 years from now. That seemed like it was far enough ahead.

Im in also. If I don’t do anything stupid from now until then, I should be somewhere in the middle of tailbone and classic

Way to go, thinking ahead! Keeps you motivated. I do it that way too.

I am growing to knee myself, or however long I'm willing to go, and it looks like no-trimming is exactly what I need, and should I need to trim, I would rather it be between yearly challenges.

Agava
February 23rd, 2019, 10:39 AM
I'm now busy with No-trimming 2019, but would like to join this, too. So motivating!
Hopefully I would begin 2020 with strong APL.
My hair goal is WL or a bit longer (I like the length where hair covers the elbows).
There is so much time to pass, but it will pass anyway.
Definitely better to have a plan in advance!

So motivating!

lapushka
February 23rd, 2019, 11:27 AM
I'm now busy with No-trimming 2019, but would like to join this, too. So motivating!
Hopefully I would begin 2020 with strong APL.
My hair goal is WL or a bit longer (I like the length where hair covers the elbows).
There is so much time to pass, but it will pass anyway.
Definitely better to have a plan in advance!

So motivating!

I love your attitude! :thumbsup:

I hope to get to knee at the end of 2019, but we'll see how far I get!

Agava
February 25th, 2019, 02:55 AM
Thanks, I love my attitude, too ;)

wow, knee! That is just SF for me, something that I cannot even imagine having so much patience. Good luck!

lapushka
February 25th, 2019, 06:42 AM
Thanks, I love my attitude, too ;)

wow, knee! That is just SF for me, something that I cannot even imagine having so much patience. Good luck!

I was chin twice during my time here, it can be done!

rubygloom
April 7th, 2019, 09:22 AM
I think I"ll join this challenge. I am guessing by 2020 January I will have all one length bob at ears or chin, after that I don't think I will need to trim my hair any more. :cheese:

lapushka
April 7th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the challenge. I'll be maintaining my classic - FTL hair throughout these challenges. Cutting at the start of each year and then letting it go to the next time to cut.

Agava
April 7th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Oh my, I forgot that I've subscribed to this thread. It's so good to be reminded :D
I had to go back to my earlier post here and to see what did I wrote. I will definitely start year 2020 here, but since my goal after reaching APL is not only growing, but also a blunt hemline, I might do a small trim in June 2020. I don't know yet how my hair is going to look like then, so I'll decide about that trim next year :) For now, I'm in.

Aeonian
April 7th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Girls, I'm planning ahead! My main goal for this year is reaching APL, hopefully by Christmas. I'll have a minor trim before 2020 and then start really growing. I have a very short torso, so I'm curious what length I will end up with by Christmas 2020, waist would be nice but we'll see.

lapushka
April 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Welcome! :)

Agava
April 7th, 2019, 04:20 PM
Aeonian, yay, you're here, too! :) We have the same length goals! It will be nice and interesting to share experience and support!

Luna Starsetta
April 7th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Gee I remember seeing this in 2018 and saying 2020 want the heck? I can barley plan out my 2018 hair. But as of now in 2019. Looking forward I think this is more then likely what I will be doing or quite possibly join the halves. I am currently a little past classic stretched. My goal right now is fingertip. But I am going to have to recall the milestones unstretched as well. For now going to sub and keep this in mind!

LadyAdelina
April 7th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Hey, I think I will join this! Technically I'm doing No-Trim 2019 too, but I haven't really gone into the thread. The last time I trimmed was about a year ago, March or April 2018. I think I may trim in December this year, and then be good to keep going for 2020! I'm at "can I call this APL" right now, so it would be awesome to be at waist or close to it by the end of 2020. I think my eventual goal is classic or FTL, so I've still got a long time to grow...

lapushka
April 8th, 2019, 06:48 AM
Hey, I think I will join this! Technically I'm doing No-Trim 2019 too, but I haven't really gone into the thread. The last time I trimmed was about a year ago, March or April 2018. I think I may trim in December this year, and then be good to keep going for 2020! I'm at "can I call this APL" right now, so it would be awesome to be at waist or close to it by the end of 2020. I think my eventual goal is classic or FTL, so I've still got a long time to grow...

Be sure to trim in the window foreseen to trim between challenges, to make the 2019 one too (well, I obviously failed at that one LOL).

Trimming window is December 31st up and including January 5th 2020 (NO! this is wrong, see ETA)

ETA/ apparently I don't know the right window. It's in every first message of the challenges!
You can trim each year Jan1-Jan5 - that's the window. Not December 31st!

Simpscone
April 8th, 2019, 07:25 AM
It's my aim to join this thread next year! I'll probably trim mid-2019 and at the end of 2019, but I'm hoping by then my routine and hair health will allow for a whole year without trims.

Ideally I think I'll join the 6 month challenges as that will probably be easier to get through, but I don't think they're up yet!

Really want to see what length I can gain with a whole year of uninterrupted hair growth.

lapushka
April 8th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Ideally I think I'll join the 6 month challenges as that will probably be easier to get through, but I don't think they're up yet!

2021 and its halves is already up as well, if you're interested in a long-term growth goal.

I'll link the 2020 halves for you; hold on;

First half
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146187&highlight=trimming

Second half
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146188&highlight=trimming

HTH! :flower:

Simpscone
April 8th, 2019, 09:51 AM
2021 and its halves is already up as well, if you're interested in a long-term growth goal.

I'll link the 2020 halves for you; hold on;

First half
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146187&highlight=trimming

Second half
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146188&highlight=trimming

HTH! :flower:

Lapuska, you're a gem! I'll go subscribe to those threads in preparation :flower:

lapushka
April 8th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Lapuska, you're a gem! I'll go subscribe to those threads in preparation :flower:

You're welcome!!! :thumbsup:

Aeonian
April 9th, 2019, 09:59 AM
Aeonian, yay, you're here, too! :) We have the same length goals! It will be nice and interesting to share experience and support!

Yeah, I'm really into growing my hair :) Never felt so obsessed by my hair lol. My hair didn't grow a lot in winter, but I know it'll grow much faster in summer, so I'm really curious how long my hair will be in a few months. Still aiming for healthy, shiny APL hair. Happy growing!

FennFire911
April 9th, 2019, 11:40 AM
I'm undecided on whether or not to trim at New Year's, but either way, count me in!

Agava
April 10th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Aeonian, lol, obsessed is almost correct word for me, too. But, obsessed by growing suits me slightly better ;)
I caught myself lately looking at other people's hair, calculating when could they reach milestones that we're talking about here. Lol

Eve-Jade-Day
June 8th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Definitely in. Seeing we need to trim at the latest Jan 1, 2020, I probably won't trim for 2 years straight!

SnowDancer
June 8th, 2019, 07:49 PM
I love these challenges.
Count me in! :)

ExpectoPatronum
June 8th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Count me in for this challenge too. I plan on doing one trim during the window and that's IT! I'm hoping to hit waist (stretched) by the end of the 2019 challenge and maybe my goal for 2020 can be to hit waist unstretched.

Stardreamer
June 8th, 2019, 08:11 PM
I don't get why this thread was created so early: 2018?

Tinyponies
June 8th, 2019, 08:49 PM

Itís a long game thing, for me. Ive been keeping an eye since 2018 and it helps me to think about 2020 and how Iíll be settling into my trimming/not trimming routine. I havenít joined before now because Iíve been seeing how I go with this year and yet itís still been useful to me to be reminded to consider.

With that said, count me in. I may do a trim in January. Iíll have a hospital stay around October which I was concerned about making it through (last time I wore two English braids and it was very drying, but I didnít have my sleep cap then, which basically fixes everything).

lapushka
June 9th, 2019, 04:10 AM
Definitely in. Seeing we need to trim at the latest Jan 1, 2020, I probably won't trim for 2 years straight!

Read the whole message, you can trim until the 5th.

It says:

"If you are wanting to trim, please do so from:
January 1st through to January 5th!"

It was an add-on after this thread had already been posted, because we changed the rules on that (after input from the forum). Because some people had issues finding time to trim.

lapushka
June 9th, 2019, 04:12 AM

I created these threads so early because some people have long-term plans and goals and want to "prepare" for the challenges and need a spot to talk about this.

You can always PM me if you have questions like this.

browntatis
June 9th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Wohooo Count with me! Yey

nondescript
June 25th, 2019, 11:01 AM
I was planning a trim in December so Iím in. This challenge would probably put me at hip by the end of the year 🤗

dancedance
June 25th, 2019, 11:26 AM
I was planning to join in the no trimming challenge for the second half of 2019, even though I have made it through the first half without trimming. I thought I would get a small trim in the beginning of July, but now I think I should try to go the whole year without trimming. My ends are pretty good still, and I could do a little S&D if they start to get rough... I do have a little bleach left to get rid of, but I think I'd rather get a good ways past BSL and on my way to waist before I cut any more off. So I'm in!

Simpscone
June 26th, 2019, 04:19 AM
I'm tentatively joining this thread... If I can get through the second half of 2019 challenge then I will have not trimmed for 11 months - so if I manage that, I'm sure I could do the whole year next year!

We'll see how the rest of this year goes first :lol:

CrazyPlantLady
June 27th, 2019, 08:02 AM
Count me in too! I'm currently in the 2019 no trim challenge and plan on doing this challenge as well. I'll definitely trim in between challenges though so I can even up my hemline.

lapushka
June 27th, 2019, 08:22 AM
I'm tentatively joining this thread... If I can get through the second half of 2019 challenge then I will have not trimmed for 11 months - so if I manage that, I'm sure I could do the whole year next year!

We'll see how the rest of this year goes first :lol:

Count me in too! I'm currently in the 2019 no trim challenge and plan on doing this challenge as well. I'll definitely trim in between challenges though so I can even up my hemline.

Welcome to the both of you! :)

I will be joining next year as well. Chances are I might compact cut (layers) in January, then "maintain" with Feye's the first half, and then grow the second half. We'll see how that plan goes. I'm doing it this year, but we'll see for next year!

pisinoe
June 27th, 2019, 10:48 AM
I like to trim twice a year, but it would be nice to achieve hip length without layers for next year....

Lexzelia
June 29th, 2019, 01:53 AM
I'm brand new, and after chopping to my shoulders (terrible decision, really) this is the perfect way to keep myself committed to getting back some length!

Groovy Granny
August 21st, 2019, 04:27 PM
I'm in....with a decision to grow to CLASSIC ...which I should hit by the end of this challenge :agree:

My last trim was actually a dusting on August 14 and my :scissors: are now put away (for an extra 4 months of growth) ;)

Let's GROW :cheer:

lapushka
August 21st, 2019, 04:50 PM
Awesome! :cheer:

The-Young-Maid
August 21st, 2019, 05:31 PM
I'm in too! End of this year I should be classic, by the end of 2020 I'll *hopefully* be FTL.

Groovy Granny
September 9th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Well...only 3 weeks in and I am OUT :o

I keep cutting back from TBL to WL/Hip (? 3x now.... not including this consideration).

My silver is super fine and wispy and I have been fighting tangles this past month going past TBL; plus it gets annoying as I like wearing it down at times.

So....good luck and have fun :waving:

lapushka
September 10th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Well...only 3 weeks in and I am OUT :o

I keep cutting back from TBL to WL/Hip (? 3x now.... not including this consideration).

My silver is super fine and wispy and I have been fighting tangles this past month going past TBL; plus it gets annoying as I like wearing it down at times.

So....good luck and have fun :waving:

We've not even started yet, GG. This starts Jan 2020. ;) So just wait and see how your hair behaves *then*!

longhairdreamee
September 12th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Tentatively joining in as well! I haven't trimmed since April, and my issue with growing out seems to be that I end up cutting all my growth off, so I stay at the same length. Soooo, here's to no trimming 2020 :)

Begemot
September 12th, 2019, 12:24 PM
I'm thinking about this too. I love these challenges but not sure if it's a good idea for my hair. Three months to decide! :?:

Groovy Granny
September 12th, 2019, 01:35 PM
We've not even started yet, GG. This starts Jan 2020. ;) So just wait and see how your hair behaves *then*!

LOL nope....I have lost count on how many times I have cut back from TBL :p and this is IT for me ;)

I am very happy hanging from @Hip ....with a nice, thick hemline and no tangles.

It still covers my back and I can do all my favorite styles while using all my toys.

Hitting 68 .....I'm good at this length thanks .....and it is much easier with my arthritis which has worsened recently :thumbsup:

Good luck to you all though :cheer:

Aunt Rapunzel
September 12th, 2019, 02:08 PM
LOL nope....I have lost count on how many times I have cut back from TBL :p and this is IT for me ;)

I am very happy hanging from WL to HIP.....with a nice, thick hemline and no tangles.

It still covers my back and I can do all my favorite styles while using all my toys.

Hitting 68 .....I'm good at this length thanks .....and it is much easier with my arthritis which has worsened recently :thumbsup:

Your hair is gorgeous, GG!

fat-panda
September 12th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm in too for my first real growing year.

I'm at bra strap length with layers so only the back reaches that. I would love to go to hip length 32" and then keep growing the layers out to one length. I hope this no cutting yealds good results. I must hide the scissors ;)

lapushka
September 12th, 2019, 05:02 PM

I am very happy hanging from WL to HIP.....with a nice, thick hemline and no tangles.

Ah now that you've explained, I fully get it! :D
Good luck!

ExpectoPatronum
September 12th, 2019, 05:03 PM
I've recently stepped up my hair care routine so I really hope that I can make it next year without cutting. I may forgo trimming at the end of December, but it depends on where I'm at. I've hidden the scissors from myself so I couldn't trim even if I really wanted to :laugh:

Groovy Granny
September 12th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Ah now that you've explained, I fully get it! :D
Good luck!

Thank you :)

elise.autumn
September 16th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Ooh, planning ahead, yay! I will join.

I should be past classic in 2020.

CalystaStarr
September 16th, 2019, 03:31 PM
I'm preparing to join. Unless circumstances prove otherwise, as I'll be trying to conceive and presumably will be pregnant by 2020, so I'm not sure how my hair will change.

FaerieToast
September 24th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Since I joined a little bit too late (and got a trim too recently) to join the no-trim second half of 2019, definitely thinking of joining this thread if my hair continues to act as good as it has the past month since joining LHC.
Will there be a first-half & second-half version again? Since this is my first time testing the waters with no-trim some extra flexibility could help me to take part in the challenges ^^

georgia_peach
September 24th, 2019, 01:22 PM
My last trim was a self trim around April. Iím joining this challenge and will not be trimming at all beforehand. I am anxious to reach BSL by Christmas 2020!! I might even reach mid back by then if I continue getting the growth Iíve had lately.

Ylva
September 24th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Since I joined a little bit too late (and got a trim too recently) to join the no-trim second half of 2019, definitely thinking of joining this thread if my hair continues to act as good as it has the past month since joining LHC.
Will there be a first-half & second-half version again? Since this is my first time testing the waters with no-trim some extra flexibility could help me to take part in the challenges ^^

First half (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146187&highlight=no-trimming+2020)
Second half (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146188&highlight=no-trimming+2020)

sailormars
September 24th, 2019, 02:18 PM
I'm definitely joining this! I've not had any trims/haircuts in 2019 so far except for the occasional S&D. I see a huge change in my hair quality as well as growth. So, I will definitely be joining this for 2020 :)

FaerieToast
September 24th, 2019, 03:50 PM
First half (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146187&highlight=no-trimming+2020)
Second half (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146188&highlight=no-trimming+2020)

Thanks so much, Ylva!

forestwizard
September 25th, 2019, 11:42 AM
I've been doing the no-trim 2019, and I'm excited to do no-trim 2020! by December 2020, I'll be at 2.5 years post head shave, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do french and crown braids again :)
my ends have been great this year, so I'm hoping to keep it up to the end of next year.

ZoeZ
September 27th, 2019, 05:55 PM
I'm in for this! I haven't trimmed since July, just s little dusting for racers. I've started co-washing as well which I've found great for my ends - splits are way down since I started, so I'm hoping to get through 2020 with no trims, going for length! (I'm APL now.)

Simsy
September 28th, 2019, 06:05 PM
While I have no plans to grow much further, and really donít need to join a ďno-trimĒ challenge; Iím still probably going to end up here out of sheer laziness.

I should just join the ďno trim for lifeĒ and just accept that I donít like trimming my hair. Eh...too much like effort right now, and I can tell myself itís only a short term thing if I just do the annual challenge (even if Iím on my 3rd such challenge and thereís definitely a theme starting to develop).

Genne
October 2nd, 2019, 06:20 AM
In for 2020.

:)
Currently at BSL from TBL and eager to see what can happen.:)
Jen

unheardletters
October 9th, 2019, 09:14 AM
I’ll join for 2020. My last cut was in September and I want to gain as much length as I can. I should get to APL stretched by the end of 2020 if I stay away from scissors. I can’t wait to get back to waist so I can start wearing my hair up. I miss it, but that’ll be at least 3 years with no trims.

Andthetalltrees
October 9th, 2019, 05:34 PM
I've been no trims for the majority, but not entirety of 2019 and at this point I'm looking at no trims until I decide what my new goal length is. So 2020 no trims seems like a good place to be! All goes well I should gain 9-10" in a year and be very close if not tailbone!!

LongHairM
October 10th, 2019, 07:25 AM
I'm joining this challenge.
I've joined the two halves of 2020 but I'm thinking I want to gain as much length as possible before I start school in October so I don't worry about it while studying :)
I should be around BSL in the beginning of this challenge and hope to get to hip by the end of it :)

yamsha23
November 5th, 2019, 09:46 AM
totally IN!!!! :toast:

Linden
November 8th, 2019, 11:41 AM
I'm in for this challenge. I trimmed my hair this fall, and with regular upkeep it should be good for another year.

Natalina
November 8th, 2019, 04:04 PM
I think I joined the wrong thread (I think it was second-half 2020?). Oops, lol! I meant to join this one since I'm not going to trim for the whole next year and many years to come. I never trim anyways.

Laurelin
November 8th, 2019, 05:25 PM
Count me in! I might trim a single odd lock around New Year if it ends up being too much of a 'tail' poking out of the hemline or just let it fairy tale and let it happen. I was stuck too long at hip this year, not trimming worked to get it any longer than hip. I might even brush or reach classic end 2020/beginning 2021 without trimming and with a wearing-hair-up-for-a-year challenge! so I'm going for it! :o

ZoeZ
November 9th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Jajaja - I'm in. I'll trim in January. Looking forward to seeing a whole year's growth. I think I'll measure as well for record-keeping.

Joyful Mystery
November 9th, 2019, 03:38 PM
I’m in for this challenge. My last (and only trim this year) was in July. I’m good until January 2021.

Nebthwt
November 9th, 2019, 04:06 PM
I'm in! I was going to go in for a trim in December but I think I'm just going to let it grow...I'm going to be going through awkward growth stages, too. Sort of makes me nervous.

cjk
November 9th, 2019, 06:57 PM
As my hair has never been trimmed, I might have a hairdresser friend look for splits in the first week. Otherwise, yep. Let it grow, let it grooooow!

lapushka
November 10th, 2019, 03:29 AM
I'm in! I was going to go in for a trim in December but I think I'm just going to let it grow...I'm going to be going through awkward growth stages, too. Sort of makes me nervous.

Welcome to the forum BTW. I didn't see an introductory post, so I'll just welcome you to the forum this way.
Enjoy the challenge!

ExpectoPatronum
November 10th, 2019, 02:44 PM
I can't decide if I want to trim before beginning the challenge or not. My hair is completely virgin as of July and amazingly, I have zero split ends. A trim isn't necessary at the moment, but do I want to start off fresh for the new year? I'm not sure.

Eve-Jade-Day
November 27th, 2019, 03:26 AM
Almost done with the 2019 challenge and my ends are dry and damaged as hell, might trim in June 2020 if they keep getting worse. Applying a hair mask and leaving it on for hours with a shower cap on my head each time I wash... Don't use heat anymore... Buuut I'm not very optimistic. I'll probably go get it trimmed in June 2020 and this is only because I'm going to lose a ton of length if I go in for a trim now, and I can almost put up all my hair... So just a bit more patience... Even though it's gonna disqualify me from this challenge. Anything for the sake of my hair's health, I guess.

branbran
November 27th, 2019, 04:44 AM
Count me in!

I'm going to be doing a Challenge of my own. I'm calling it "The Oil Project" to add more oils and deep treatments to my regimen.

Not trimming for a year will definitely help me achieve and see growth.

zashin66
November 27th, 2019, 09:19 AM
I won't be able to stay here because I'm planning a trim of 2-3 inches this summer

ClaudiaxS
November 27th, 2019, 11:47 AM
I think I'll join this challenge! It seems very fun and I would love to see my hair grow, I'll definitely take care of my ends tho, dont want any damage. 💖

CalystaStarr
November 28th, 2019, 08:27 AM
I'll join this so it will be a goal of mine-
But knowing me I'll trim my hair 2 weeks in lol.
Just thought I would join to motivate me not to trim every single fly away out of habit.

LoversLullaby
November 29th, 2019, 04:07 PM
I'm in! I just got a trim last month, so I don't think I will trim before the year ends, either.

Arciela
November 29th, 2019, 11:51 PM
I'm in! Going to try again. I shouldn't need to trim for a while now :flower:

0xalis
November 30th, 2019, 02:44 AM
Count me in, there's no reason I should need a trim any time soon! The bob let me skip past all that mullet trimming I usually do when getting out of pixie territory.
With no trims I should be at solid shoulder by this time next year :)

BeverlyHills
December 1st, 2019, 03:41 PM
Im definitely in! I've maintained my bangs my entire life (I cut them straight across to hide my forehead) but I haven't trimmed the length in over 3 years.

MusicalSpoons
December 2nd, 2019, 09:52 PM
Wow, 12 pages already! I have some catching up to do. I'm fairly sure I won't need a mid-year trim, providing my sister is willing to cut my hair for me at the end of December (she's never done it before and I haven't asked her yet, but I just want her to snip off the ends under a scrunchie pulled straight down like in Feye's method - I just can't get it straight myself with having to bring it round to the front).

ExpectoPatronum
December 3rd, 2019, 08:06 PM
Is anyone here planning to trim before the new year begins? I'm not. We'll see how this goes!

georgia_peach
December 4th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Is anyone here planning to trim before the new year begins? I'm not. We'll see how this goes!
No pre-New Year trim for me either. My last trim was sometime around July. I'm just going to keep it up in a claw clip and ignore it. Good luck to everyone!

desisparkles
December 4th, 2019, 02:38 PM
I did a small trim back at the end of Oct so I'm not trimming either. Like georgia_peach - hey I'm a GA peach too! I'm going to wear it up, up, up next year - high fivin' the sky!

ExpectoPatronum
December 4th, 2019, 05:45 PM
No pre-New Year trim for me either. My last trim was sometime around July. I'm just going to keep it up in a claw clip and ignore it. Good luck to everyone!

My last trim was around July too. I also plan to wear it up and forget about it. Good luck to you!

I did a small trim back at the end of Oct so I'm not trimming either. Like georgia_peach - hey I'm a GA peach too! I'm going to wear it up, up, up next year - high fivin' the sky!

Wearing it up is the way to go! Good luck!

unheardletters
December 4th, 2019, 07:00 PM

I won’t be trimming my hair before the year begins, last trim was September. I hope to manage a few years without trimming.

Gabrielina
December 5th, 2019, 04:07 AM
Count me in!
Last trim was a major one - WL to bob haircut and shaved under :cool:
Currently: between SL and APL (+NL the underneath part).
Not planning on getting another trim/cut 'til 2021.
Happy growing everyone!

Dixie Derelict
December 5th, 2019, 09:15 AM
Count me in! This should be a breeze for me, as I haven't cut my hair since joining LHC, and I am trying for terminal.
I am just now a tiny bit past classic, I think. I plan to get DH to help me measure, and I even intend to have him take (and help post!) my very first LHC pic.
I can't believe I don't have an avatar, after all these years! LOL

Tinyponies
December 5th, 2019, 11:51 AM
No pre-next-year trim happening here either. Things are ticking over just fine :)

0xalis
December 5th, 2019, 05:42 PM
My hemline... is a little less than perfect. But I'm going to try to ignore it because I probably can't fix it on my own anyway, and as it gets longer it will blend in as my hair gets wavier.

plonter
December 5th, 2019, 06:37 PM
I'm in! Well kinda. I haven't gotten a trim in 8 months so I might need one at some point. But just one! And a baby one! ... am I disqualified?

katr
December 6th, 2019, 12:08 AM
I plan to do a trim before december is over, and then hopefully all of 2020 will be trim free :D

Ylva
December 6th, 2019, 01:25 AM
I'm in! Well kinda. I haven't gotten a trim in 8 months so I might need one at some point. But just one! And a baby one! ... am I disqualified?

Absolutely no trims are allowed in the challenge, but you could join the two halves and get a trim during the free period in the summer.

LittleHealthy
December 6th, 2019, 04:32 AM
I said I was in for 2019 and failed... and i always wish i kept the uneven ends and just S&D trimmed instead, just so that i couldve seen how long my hair would be by now had i not trimmed those two times!! Social media makes me feel the need for a trim when in reality it looks totally ok.

Anyway, perhaps this year I'll succeed! I hope I can!

giraff
December 6th, 2019, 09:08 AM
I'm diving in at the deep end, and will attempt to go through 2020 without trimming! I can't see any split ends at the moment, but I'll start S&D when I can find one. Last time I cut my hair was in February this year. I got a bob over my shoulders, and at the moment I'm approaching APL. My goal length (for now) is waist length, so why bother cutting it now when it's healthy?

What a great way to celebrate my post #100 :)

Simsy
December 6th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Yeah, Iím in.

Made the call a few days ago; Iíll do a small trim around new year if a S&D doesnít fix the ends. Then Iím back into benign neglect for another 12 months.

Butterfly Blue
December 17th, 2019, 01:35 PM
I'm new at posting here, though I have read here for years. I am at APL from growing out a bob. I've had no split ends the whole time growing it out. My last trim was in the middle of November 2019.
So... I'm in for the no trim challenge of 2020!

Thwyg
December 17th, 2019, 09:25 PM
I'm in! My hair used to be down to classic about a year and a half ago but I eventually cut it to about shoulder, where it is now. Looking forward to growing again!

Vacurlylady
December 20th, 2019, 03:56 AM
Iím in! Iím not planning a trim before the challenge begins. My last tiny, tiny trim was Jan 2018 and Iím thankful to finally have longer hair!!! 🥰 Iím enjoying these no-trim challenges!!! Welcome to 2020, almost.... ;)

kurlywurlygurl
December 20th, 2019, 04:52 AM
I think I'm in! Since my hair is at all different lengths it feels coarser with all the different little hairs finally feeling dry. This is because I donated my hair and buzzed it last last March. I've only given myself bangs and trimmed the ends of every curl in a deva cut kind of way a few weeks ago. It's starting to feel dry and matted. Do I have to get it cut? That's my only hesitation before joining is that awful, dry, wiry, feeling that coarse hair gets when it's usually "time for a trim"? Last wash I oiled with olive oil and did my usual cowash which seemed to help. I'm wondering if I just need to switch up my routine again. Should I start putting it up again? I'd love some advice because this challenge could be awesome for me!

lapushka
December 20th, 2019, 05:47 PM
I'm new at posting here, though I have read here for years. I am at APL from growing out a bob. I've had no split ends the whole time growing it out. My last trim was in the middle of November 2019.
So... I'm in for the no trim challenge of 2020!

Hi! :waving:

Welcome to the thread! Happy growing! :D

Eve-Jade-Day
December 22nd, 2019, 05:32 AM
Wow, 12 pages already! I have some catching up to do. I'm fairly sure I won't need a mid-year trim, providing my sister is willing to cut my hair for me at the end of December (she's never done it before and I haven't asked her yet, but I just want her to snip off the ends under a scrunchie pulled straight down like in Feye's method - I just can't get it straight myself with having to bring it round to the front).

Just wanted to say that your hair and your clip are majestic :blossom:

MusicalSpoons
December 22nd, 2019, 05:32 PM
Just wanted to say that your hair and your clip are majestic :blossom:

Aw wow, thank you :o :flowers:
(It's amazing what a load of sebum and a flash can do :laugh: and that is one of my favourite flexi-8s, I was so fortunate to find it on the swap board.)

AltŠriel DelMar
December 23rd, 2019, 06:53 AM
Iím in! Iíll either get a trim before the 1st or just see how long I can get by with just S&D.

giraff
December 23rd, 2019, 04:07 PM
I decided to get a trim last week, so now Iím ready for a no trim 2020! This time, Iíll really try to make an effort to keep my ends looking nice for a long time. Not that I didnít this last year, but I did blow dry it a couple of times and curl it with a straightener. And I was not really consistent with masking. Iíve also recently started doing oil treatments on my hair, so Iím excited to see what kind of difference it makes!

Volchitsa
December 23rd, 2019, 05:06 PM
I'm in. I haven't trimmed my hair since July of 2018. I only recently went through my hair for some split ends so I think I can go another full year.

leafygreens18
December 27th, 2019, 11:23 PM
I'm in for a no trim 2020, I'm slightly terrified that I'll somehow end up with spontaneously crispy fried ends and I wont be able to cut em off. But I'm going to take the plunge!

AnyaWK
December 28th, 2019, 04:08 AM
Count me in too....will love to try to keep the scissors away this year... 🤗

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
December 28th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Welcome to all newly joining the challenge. Best wishes and enjoy the experience.

giraff congratulations, it must feel awesome starting with fresh ends.

Lady Stagner
December 28th, 2019, 12:40 PM
count me in :blossom:

Lady Stagner
December 28th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Hi all, I have been a lurker mostly and really appreciate the website and information, am excited to be posting. My hair is almost to shoulder and I have trouble leaving it alone, and thinking this will keep me on task. :)

jane_marie
December 28th, 2019, 12:46 PM
I was going to get a trim before the colander switched over but I couldn't force myself to do it. So, I just did a really really thorough s&d. Now I'm ready!!!

BraidedBunch
December 28th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Joining here. I'm going to go the whole year scissor free (save for the bangs) and ride the length as far as I can. I'll trim an inch in 2021 if necessary, but the way my ends are, it's probably not going to give me any trouble.
Let's do this!

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
December 28th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Welcome lady stagner best wishes on LHC and enjoy your hair growing journey.

Welcome jane_marie and BraidedBunch thank you for joining this challenge and all the best.

georgia_peach
January 1st, 2020, 08:35 AM
Let the 2020 Challenge commence!! We can do it!! :cheer:

lapushka
January 1st, 2020, 09:42 AM
Let the 2020 Challenge commence!! We can do it!! :cheer:

Yessss! :cheer:

ReadingRenee
January 1st, 2020, 10:10 AM
I am in for the 2020 challenge! I just finished the 2019 year challenge and trimmed about 3/4 inch to start the New Year. One of the most helpful things about the no trim challenge for a serial cutter like myself was that since I had committed to not even trimming my hair I had to just grow through the bad stages of hair growth. So many times, I am unhappy with how my hair looks in a photo or even that day, and I trim it, which can end up as a cut. Or, I am unhappy with it for a few months and I trim it. This time I wasn't able to do that so I discovered that if I just leave my hair alone, eventually I will like it again. Hair is not instant gratification.

So, I am all in for 2020. It will be harder than last year because this is when I always end up cutting my hair shorter because it gets thinner. I am interested to see what happens without cutting for a year. Lets do this! :)

The-Young-Maid
January 1st, 2020, 10:26 AM
And so it begins. I've taken some length pictures. I *hope* I take more pictures so I can look back and see my progress. I plan on keeping my hair braided a lot. And I'm putting the scissors away so I'm not tempted to s&d/trim.

georgia_peach
January 1st, 2020, 10:32 AM
I am in for the 2020 challenge! I just finished the 2019 year challenge and trimmed about 3/4 inch to start the New Year. One of the most helpful things about the no trim challenge for a serial cutter like myself was that since I had committed to not even trimming my hair I had to just grow through the bad stages of hair growth. So many times, I am unhappy with how my hair looks in a photo or even that day, and I trim it, which can end up as a cut. Or, I am unhappy with it for a few months and I trim it. This time I wasn't able to do that so I discovered that if I just leave my hair alone, eventually I will like it again. Hair is not instant gratification.

So, I am all in for 2020. It will be harder than last year because this is when I always end up cutting my hair shorter because it gets thinner. I am interested to see what happens without cutting for a year. Lets do this! :) Yes! That is a great reminder for everyone trying not to cut their hair. I'm going to put this on a little note on my mirror as encouragement.

And so it begins. I've taken some length pictures. I *hope* I take more pictures so I can look back and see my progress. I plan on keeping my hair braided a lot. And I'm putting the scissors away so I'm not tempted to s&d/trim. That's the ticket! I've got a zero-tolerance rule regarding scissors. ;) I know that doesn't work for everybody, but it's the only way I will grow.

clandestine
January 1st, 2020, 01:47 PM
Count me in......I lost all my length so I'm starting from scratch.....

cjk
January 1st, 2020, 01:49 PM
Contacted a hairdresser friend of mine, told her the rules. January 1st through 5th only.

Considering the insanity of both our schedules we'll see if we get together.

Either way, I think I'm in.

PetiteLongHair
January 1st, 2020, 01:52 PM
I'm going to give this a go! I cut my hair to chin length in October 2019 so I'll have to go through the awkward stages but doing this will be great motivation!

SwanFeathers
January 1st, 2020, 06:10 PM
Freshly trimmed from the half year challenge and ready to go for full year challenge this time. :)

Lazy Loop
January 1st, 2020, 09:49 PM
Iím in!! Oh my, I did ďno trim 2019 and hadnít trimmed since 6 months before that. Iím not trimming today, just keep going. I really need to make braids and buns more this year.

Simpscone
January 2nd, 2020, 03:31 AM
I'm not sure if I'll make the whole year or stick to the half year challenges but I'm certainly going to try!

My starting picture:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39569&d=1577819258

I'd love to be past BSL and heading to waist by the end of 2020 :inlove:

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure if I'll make the whole year or stick to the half year challenges but I'm certainly going to try!

My starting picture:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39569&d=1577819258

I'd love to be past BSL and heading to waist by the end of 2020 :inlove:

That is exactly the kinds of curls I wanted for my Holy Communion. :)
Very pretty! :D

hannabiss
January 2nd, 2020, 01:52 PM
Wasnt able to Trim New Years. My scissors are missing. So I'll be doing it tomorrow. Glad we have a few days grace period. I'm able to put my hair into Dutch braid, blob bun (messy folded ponytail), and a clip. Gonna try to wear it up 6 days a week.

leafygreens18
January 2nd, 2020, 01:58 PM
I'm so excited to see where I'll be at the end of this year! I was looking in the mirror the other day and I really felt like I was finally getting somewhere. I'm hopeful at the end of this year I'll feel like I truly have long hair.

lapushka
January 2nd, 2020, 02:27 PM
I'm so excited to see where I'll be at the end of this year! I was looking in the mirror the other day and I really felt like I was finally getting somewhere. I'm hopeful at the end of this year I'll feel like I truly have long hair.

I love your signature picture! Very pretty! :)

hannabiss, maybe your scissors are trying to tell you something. :lol: ;)

hannabiss
January 2nd, 2020, 03:56 PM
hannabiss, maybe your scissors are trying to tell you something. :lol: ;)

Indeed they might be!

blackgothicdoll
January 2nd, 2020, 07:14 PM
I'm in. My unscheduled trims have really held me back (that and probably heat usage, let me be honest with myself here). Even though I still have a good bit of damage to get rid of, I'd like to wait an entire year to do a trim this time just to see how much I can grow and retain without the trims. If I notice a lot of short hairs and breakage, I will likely drop out to trim, but for now I'm going back to CWCC and I'm really going to try to avoid heat or even the blow-dryer on cool due to the mechanical damage. I really just want to reach BSL... not asking for much here!!

Simpscone
January 3rd, 2020, 01:52 AM
That is exactly the kinds of curls I wanted for my Holy Communion. :)
Very pretty! :D
Thank you lapushka! I've had a few family members that I never see comment on the curls over the festive period - they couldn't believe it wasn't heat styled!

Wasnt able to Trim New Years. My scissors are missing. So I'll be doing it tomorrow. Glad we have a few days grace period. I'm able to put my hair into Dutch braid, blob bun (messy folded ponytail), and a clip. Gonna try to wear it up 6 days a week.
I wish I could bring myself to wear it up that much, I'm in awe of everyone who does!

Your signature picture looks great! I feel the same way, getting past APL territory last year felt massive!

I'm in. My unscheduled trims have really held me back (that and probably heat usage, let me be honest with myself here). Even though I still have a good bit of damage to get rid of, I'd like to wait an entire year to do a trim this time just to see how much I can grow and retain without the trims. If I notice a lot of short hairs and breakage, I will likely drop out to trim, but for now I'm going back to CWCC and I'm really going to try to avoid heat or even the blow-dryer on cool due to the mechanical damage. I really just want to reach BSL... not asking for much here!!
You definitely have to do what feels right for your hair! I'm in the 6 month and 12 month challenges just in case my hair isn't happy mid-year and I need to drop the 12 month one. It sounds like you're going to be doing all you can for your hair though, lets get to BSL together!

lapushka
January 3rd, 2020, 02:26 AM
Thank you lapushka! I've had a few family members that I never see comment on the curls over the festive period - they couldn't believe it wasn't heat styled!

I think that may be because they're perfect ringlets. It's rare! Take care of them!!!

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
January 3rd, 2020, 12:14 PM
I decided to measure before we begin, unstretched I am starting at 80cm. My last cut was end of May 2016. The scissors only touches my hair for S&D or fairy knots. I found out that pantene is the culprit of my fairy knots. Bye bye pantene.

My hemline is an upside down v, (like this ^). From middle path downwards my sides are growing faster than the middle back. The middle back is quite thick and will catch up or maybe overtake the sides.

Best wishes everyone. You got this.

pixitolong
January 3rd, 2020, 06:13 PM
I will try this no trim for 2020... I currently have a long bob, so hoping by the end of the year I have hair to shoulders. That's the goal anyway. Happy growing everyone.

zmirina
January 3rd, 2020, 06:28 PM
i'm considering going another year without trims... or maybe just until my graduation in may, we'll see

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
January 3rd, 2020, 11:01 PM
Happy growing and welcome pixitolong Enjoy the experience.

zmirina all the best on your upcoming graduation and good luck on the challenge.

Joyful Mystery
January 4th, 2020, 03:42 PM
I’ve given it some thought and have decided not to participate this year and instead return to trimming my hair every 6 months. I will be trimming in 2.5 weeks so I won’t be able to participate in the first half of the other challenge. I’ll try to trim within the appointed timeframe in July so can join in on the second half of that challenge. :)

Good luck everyone!

Jas
January 4th, 2020, 04:29 PM
I'm in! Next trim end of December 2020 :D

MusicalSpoons
January 5th, 2020, 06:09 PM
My sister trimmed my hair last night so I'm now in :D starting at knee+

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49336928822_73e0ff3af7.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iaJE4Q)
Jan 2020 (https://flic.kr/p/2iaJE4Q)

(This photo shows the hemline better https://photos.app.goo.gl/mim3ot7uNsYf7AMm8 but I'd like to generally stick with length shots with it falling a bit more naturally from now on, if possible, rather than completely brushed out.)

cjk
January 6th, 2020, 08:10 AM
January 2020

Unlike most here, I have two lengths to track. Wore a striped shirt to make it easier.

https://i.imgur.com/8TUOOCi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jjGm9PX.jpg

elise.autumn
January 6th, 2020, 10:46 AM
My sister trimmed my hair last night so I'm now in :D starting at knee+

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49336928822_73e0ff3af7.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iaJE4Q)
Jan 2020 (https://flic.kr/p/2iaJE4Q)

(This photo shows the hemline better https://photos.app.goo.gl/mim3ot7uNsYf7AMm8 but I'd like to generally stick with length shots with it falling a bit more naturally from now on, if possible, rather than completely brushed out.)

I'm not sure I've seen a full pic of your hair before, it's very pretty and impressively long.

MusicalSpoons
January 6th, 2020, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure I've seen a full pic of your hair before, it's very pretty and impressively long.

Oh, thank you :flower: a happy side-effect of having a new phone (my last one was 4 yrs old) is that I can fit more into a pic than before :lol:

Simsy
January 8th, 2020, 06:22 AM
I forgot to check the date; so Iím rocking into this challenge without trimming.

CrazyPlantLady
January 8th, 2020, 08:13 AM
I trimmed on Saturday, January 4th, starting at just around BSL here's hoping I can make it the whole year! Waist is my goal length right now, but ultimately hoping for TBL.

Agava
January 8th, 2020, 10:38 AM
I forgot to confirm I'm in, too.
I'm already in for the first half, but I'm going to try to live the whole year without a trim. ( I managed 12 months without the trim, but not from the beginning of the year. It was September 2018-2019).

My last trim was on 23rd December 2019, and my starting hair length is on my avatar.

Good luck all! :)

Dutchbraids
January 8th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Sorry I'm a little late, but I am going to confirm that I'm in. I wasn't going to, but a friend convinced me that I could do it. I haven't had a trim since September 8, 2019, and my hair is now past BCL. I've never gotten my hair past my rear, so I'm going to try! I also bought some new hair toys (Lilla Rose hair sticks, a swerve, and a Mega Livian) to help keep it up and protected (and pretty!).

Good luck everyone!

SnowDancer
January 8th, 2020, 02:04 PM
I said I was in when the thread was created but that was a while ago. So I'm just confirming that I'm still doing it.

My last trim was when I dyed my hair back in august. I trimmed back to just above waist to cut off some damage. Hoping to gain some length this year.

hannabiss
January 9th, 2020, 01:47 PM
I never did get my hands on a pair of scissors so it looks like no trim between 2019 and 2020 for me. :)

browntatis
January 10th, 2020, 08:26 AM
I started reading the thread from the beginning and I found out I joined back in June, lol, I totally forgot! I was planning on not trimming this year but I sign in for the first half only expecting it will help me go through the year easier, well here I am now yeey.

zashin66
January 11th, 2020, 09:27 AM
I decided to measure before we begin, unstretched I am starting at 80cm. My last cut was end of May 2016. The scissors only touches my hair for S&D or fairy knots. I found out that pantene is the culprit of my fairy knots. Bye bye pantene.

My hemline is an upside down v, (like this ^). From middle path downwards my sides are growing faster than the middle back. The middle back is quite thick and will catch up or maybe overtake the sides.

Best wishes everyone. You got this.

It is so amazing how different hairs need different products. My hair would be lost without the Pantene sleek line to smooth and keep out from tangling horribly.

zashin66
January 11th, 2020, 09:29 AM
January 2020

Unlike most here, I have two lengths to track. Wore a striped shirt to make it easier.

https://i.imgur.com/8TUOOCi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jjGm9PX.jpg

Twice the fun

lapushka
January 11th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Twice the fun

Yep. Party in the front, errr... Party in the back!!! :lol: :thumbsup:

Butterfly Blue
January 12th, 2020, 03:27 PM
thank you! :)

Butterfly Blue
January 12th, 2020, 03:29 PM
Hi! :waving:

Welcome to the thread! Happy growing! :D

Thank you!:)

Luna Starsetta
January 12th, 2020, 05:00 PM
I commented a while back last trim was in October 2019, but i did disappear...so I am officially in the no trimming for 2020. I am going to do what is best for my hair regardless of the challenge , however I think it will be a fun way to keep growing out after my cut. I am not going to stress over the inches gained this year. Ergo I am going to challenge myself not to pull out a tape measure this time around. If I do measure it will be 2021! My ends seem perfectly happy now that let the DH trim or really cut the last 3-4" of dye off give or take.which means the Curls are now completely virgin. My plan is to S/D as needed and keep growing out stronger. My hair does feel significantly shorter even though it still is considered long. Soaking wet it hits about my tailbone when pulled to the front it comes to my hips. Best of luck to everyone and happy growing!!:cheese:

Butterfly Blue
January 15th, 2020, 08:46 PM
A long hair friend just went to the hair dresser for a "trim". Came back 6 inches shorter!:doh: She almost cried! I totally understand

I have learned from the LHC to trim your own hair, or at the very least make sure you can trust your hair dresser.
OR join a no trim year long challenge! (and then trim your own, if needed;) )

All I could think about was what I have learned about the benefits of NOT GOING TO THE HAIRDRESSER FOR A TRIM

Linden
January 16th, 2020, 04:20 PM
I have not felt any urge to cut my hair yet. I'm honestly not sure why I thought I needed a no-trim challenge since I've only trimmed once in the last ten years, but it just sounded fun. :p It does give me a reason to hang out in this thread since I'm technically participating. :popcorn:

I'm hoping that I can make it to fingertip this year, which is a good four inches away. I don't have a good idea of how fast my hair grows, so I'm not sure if it's a feasible goal or not.

Untressed
January 16th, 2020, 09:30 PM
Count me in. I'm barely at waist length and not sure what this year will bring. We shall see.

curlqueenjadine
January 17th, 2020, 05:38 AM
Count me in! I've not trimmed since autumn 2019 and am desperate to gain some length this year!

WineMom13
January 17th, 2020, 03:10 PM
I'm in, I don't trust those evil people with scissors anyway. Almost let my brother in law give me a trim last year (he used to be a stylist), till he started talking about "texturizing" my hair. I quickly changed my mind. On a side note, I'm signing my kid up too. I finally let that same brother in law take my son in for a haircut, despite major planning, discussions, and pictures, my son's waist-length hair was shaved off, and it is crooked in the front! We no longer discuss anything involving the word hair, and I still walk out of the room half the time when he enters.

lapushka
January 17th, 2020, 04:23 PM
I'm in, I don't trust those evil people with scissors anyway. Almost let my brother in law give me a trim last year (he used to be a stylist), till he started talking about "texturizing" my hair. I quickly changed my mind. On a side note, I'm signing my kid up too. I finally let that same brother in law take my son in for a haircut, despite major planning, discussions, and pictures, my son's waist-length hair was shaved off, and it is crooked in the front! We no longer discuss anything involving the word hair, and I still walk out of the room half the time when he enters.

What happened with your son is totally inexcusable. Was it even talked about that he would take so much length off?! OMG From waist to that short is... big.

LittleHealthy
January 17th, 2020, 05:13 PM

This is truly insane!! Sorry that happened to your son, and to your relationship between you and your brother in law!!

I use a Crea Clip dupe I bought from eBay for about $10. Google them, they're fantastic. You may need help to actually get it in position, but YOU can do the trimming part yourself. Not that I should be talking about that in a 'NO trimming' thread ;)

I'm in for the year, last year I have myself 3 small trims of 1 inch at a time. My ends were thin and fragile, they needed it, but S & D would've done the trick. I'm so lazy about search and destroy, I really need to make a habit of sitting down and doing it this year. Even now I can look down and see some splits but I'm not motivated to go and get the scissors!

WineMom13
January 17th, 2020, 05:49 PM
What happened with your son is totally inexcusable. Was it even talked about that he would take so much length off?! OMG From waist to that short is... big.

From past experience, I knew there was going to be some major post cut regret in there and we found a haircut he and I both liked that was manly but would quickly grow out if he hated it, and its easier to cut it off than grow it back. When he got his first haircut at 3 he liked it but immediately wanted his hair back. Unfortunately, there had been some major bullying issues and comments about his hair, which prompted his request for a cut, and led to me being bullied into getting him a haircut, previous to this the last 2 planned haircuts were interrupted by sudden deaths in the family so I was already skittish, my sister was about to have brain surgery so I told her if she came back from that I would let him get his haircut, she survived so I let it happen, but when he came back I was pissed. The bullying and comments were mostly from adults, telling him he looked like a girl, and I've had horrible problems with his teachers messing with his hair, generally, in the mornings I would brush his hair and braid it, several times this year he came home from school with a high ponytail like a girl, and I generally avoid ponytails for fear of causing break lines. A month after his cut he announced he wanted knee length hair.

Erinliz
January 17th, 2020, 05:56 PM
A long hair friend just went to the hair dresser for a "trim". Came back 6 inches shorter!:doh: She almost cried! I totally understand

I have learned from the LHC to trim your own hair, or at the very least make sure you can trust your hair dresser.
OR join a no trim year long challenge! (and then trim your own, if needed;) )

All I could think about was what I have learned about the benefits of NOT GOING TO THE HAIRDRESSER FOR A TRIM

Yes! This was a major breakthrough for me when I first joined LHC. It's so empowering to realize you don't need to go to a salon if you don't want to . I haven't been in over 3 years. I've only done a few microtrims in that time with a good pair of scissors I ordered. I've saved so much time and money and my hair is longer than ever (when I always believed I was incapable of ever having long hair). I'm in for no trims for 2020!

WineMom13
January 17th, 2020, 06:16 PM
This is truly insane!! Sorry that happened to your son, and to your relationship between you and your brother in law!!

I use a Crea Clip dupe I bought from eBay for about $10. Google them, they're fantastic. You may need help to actually get it in position, but YOU can do the trimming part yourself. Not that I should be talking about that in a 'NO trimming' thread ;)

I'm in for the year, last year I have myself 3 small trims of 1 inch at a time. My ends were thin and fragile, they needed it, but S & D would've done the trick. I'm so lazy about search and destroy, I really need to make a habit of sitting down and doing it this year. Even now I can look down and see some splits but I'm not motivated to go and get the scissors!

I'm slowly getting over being mad, but then last month my sister said he was starting to look shaggy and suggested a trim, we really just shouldn't talk about hair. it's like talking about religion or politics with normal families.

I've never been one for trims or haircuts, I've had 2 haircuts since I turned 19, I shaved my head back when I joined the military at 21 (my bun was too big for regulations and my hair was starting to mildew from never drying) and then a spur of the moment cut in 2018 where I cut it back to BSL in one big blunt cut (that stylist literally left me looking ridiculous, but once I got home and used the right products it looked amazing). I much prefer my fairy tale ends as a blunt hemline makes it impossible for me to use hairpins to hold my bun up and I can never find a hair tie. Might look into the crea clip for my kid's hair, my hair is so thick, I would need like 6.

LittleHealthy
January 18th, 2020, 01:22 AM
Well if your son's hair is thick, maybe you could do the trimming yourself, if it ever needs it! A creaclip just makes a straight across cut. You could possibly do that yourself without the clip!

Tinyponies
January 18th, 2020, 02:53 AM
I'm slowly getting over being mad, but then last month my sister said he was starting to look shaggy and suggested a trim, we really just shouldn't talk about hair. it's like talking about religion or politics with normal families.

I've never been one for trims or haircuts, I've had 2 haircuts since I turned 19, I shaved my head back when I joined the military at 21 (my bun was too big for regulations and my hair was starting to mildew from never drying) and then a spur of the moment cut in 2018 where I cut it back to BSL in one big blunt cut (that stylist literally left me looking ridiculous, but once I got home and used the right products it looked amazing). I much prefer my fairy tale ends as a blunt hemline makes it impossible for me to use hairpins to hold my bun up and I can never find a hair tie. Might look into the crea clip for my kid's hair, my hair is so thick, I would need like 6.
Just catching up on this thread and wanted to express my support for your son having whatever hair he likes and learning from this experience to never relent to pressure from others to cut it. Feel for you guys :( :flower:

lapushka
January 18th, 2020, 03:55 AM
From past experience, I knew there was going to be some major post cut regret in there and we found a haircut he and I both liked that was manly but would quickly grow out if he hated it, and its easier to cut it off than grow it back. When he got his first haircut at 3 he liked it but immediately wanted his hair back. Unfortunately, there had been some major bullying issues and comments about his hair, which prompted his request for a cut, and led to me being bullied into getting him a haircut, previous to this the last 2 planned haircuts were interrupted by sudden deaths in the family so I was already skittish, my sister was about to have brain surgery so I told her if she came back from that I would let him get his haircut, she survived so I let it happen, but when he came back I was pissed. The bullying and comments were mostly from adults, telling him he looked like a girl, and I've had horrible problems with his teachers messing with his hair, generally, in the mornings I would brush his hair and braid it, several times this year he came home from school with a high ponytail like a girl, and I generally avoid ponytails for fear of causing break lines. A month after his cut he announced he wanted knee length hair.

Well, he's allowed to grow it out (and that's major already), so there's no worries in that department. And there's time. Every little thing's a learning experience, and I doubt he would do that again (let BIL cut his hair). But still, how can an adult stoop that low as to bully a child? I'll never understand that!!!

lapushka
January 18th, 2020, 03:57 AM
Well if your son's hair is thick, maybe you could do the trimming yourself, if it ever needs it! A creaclip just makes a straight across cut. You could possibly do that yourself without the clip!

There's that! Feye's self-trimming method is a good one, WineMom! I'll give you the link to the instructions:
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

LittleHealthy
January 18th, 2020, 03:59 AM
Anyway, if he is growing, he's growing! He might not feel ready for a trim for quite some time. But to learn to do it for him sounds very worth it. Saves the possibility of disaster when the scissors are in someone else's hands!

lapushka
January 18th, 2020, 09:36 AM
Anyway, if he is growing, he's growing! He might not feel ready for a trim for quite some time. But to learn to do it for him sounds very worth it. Saves the possibility of disaster when the scissors are in someone else's hands!

Right! It is priceless to have that ability! And Feye made it so easy for a one-layered cut, blunt, V, or U shape.

If you need layered cuts, I can direct you to another thread on here, if you want, WineMom!

WineMom13
January 19th, 2020, 10:23 PM
Right! It is priceless to have that ability! And Feye made it so easy for a one-layered cut, blunt, V, or U shape.

If you need layered cuts, I can direct you to another thread on here, if you want, WineMom!

His hair grows with a perfectly even hemline, 2.5 years between this cut and the last and it was the perfect U no fairy tale ends with 0 trims in between. My sister made a comment on how shaggy it looked today, saying he needed a trim, he has never needed a trim in his life, but itís so crooked it looks like one of his classmates cut a chunk out of the right side of his fringe and that haircut was 4 months ago. Iím going to have to do something about it at some point, but I didnít want him looking like a 17th century friar with 1/2Ē long fringe, Iíll probably dust off the hair scissors shortly before school starts in August.

ArtOfNoot
January 20th, 2020, 12:19 AM
Is there any videos or instructions on S&D? For the past 4 months I have been just grabbing my scissors while brushing my hair and catching whatever I can find, but its so innefficent and I dont have quite long enough hair to be getting at the hair at my very back (currently at APL).

Also, I'm new to the community and would love to kick off my involvement with this challenge, it sounds like fun!

Ylva
January 20th, 2020, 12:58 AM
Is there any videos or instructions on S&D? For the past 4 months I have been just grabbing my scissors while brushing my hair and catching whatever I can find, but its so innefficent and I dont have quite long enough hair to be getting at the hair at my very back (currently at APL).

Also, I'm new to the community and would love to kick off my involvement with this challenge, it sounds like fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'll just share that my S&D'ing IS very inefficient and inconsistent. I just snip a split or two while sitting on the pooper, for example. :lol:

WineMom13
January 20th, 2020, 09:24 AM

In the past, I have sectioned my hair then gone through each section layer by layer, but I havenít done it that way in years, I have obscenely thick hair and that takes too long. S&D is pretty inefficient by nature I think,

browntatis
January 21st, 2020, 12:30 AM

I kinda have the same problem because of my hair length (between SL and APL) I don't have alot of split ends, but I have some damage on the top layers around my face, so what I do it's from time to time I S&D those "split ends" (mine are white dots) while looking in the mirror, it's the only way I can do it due to my hair length.

Luna Starsetta
January 23rd, 2020, 02:12 PM
winemom i feel for your son and i hope he reaches his dream hair. i have always admired guys who have long hair regardless of what people say. i think its super unique! and a amazing statement. i know for me having long hair is a comfort. i have only ever had 2 bigger cuts in my life and the first one was done by my mother who intended to cut a blunt hem line but messed it up and had to cut more. granted my ends where bad so it did need it. but i ended up from my waist to the middle of my back. i instantly felt lost. i wore my hair up for a long while after that. i think i was 8 years old or so. the next one was by choice i let my DH cut of my dyed and damaged ends off i can say i felt strange. not that i didn't like it. i think he did an amazing job it just feels so strange to be back at hip/tbl from classic. any how i can at least grow stronger and longer from here with confidence that it can get back to classic. in good news i don't have any signs of splits.

Butterfly Blue
January 23rd, 2020, 08:44 PM
Yes! This was a major breakthrough for me when I first joined LHC. It's so empowering to realize you don't need to go to a salon if you don't want to . I haven't been in over 3 years. I've only done a few microtrims in that time with a good pair of scissors I ordered. I've saved so much time and money and my hair is longer than ever (when I always believed I was incapable of ever having long hair). I'm in for no trims for 2020!

That's awesome!

I have a pair of hair scissors hidden so no one will use them for other things. I was using them to cut my bangs. I have never trimmed the length myself. I have bottom layers and will have to decide what to do with them after the year is up.

zashin66
January 24th, 2020, 04:01 PM
This last year i saw goofy ends on my hair and i just reached back grabbed the ends and cut off 3 inches. Wish i hadn't but what is done is done.....

Funny thing is several people have commented on my nice straight hemline.:flower:

lapushka
January 25th, 2020, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'll just share that my S&D'ing IS very inefficient and inconsistent. I just snip a split or two while sitting on the pooper, for example. :lol:

:spitting: Why does this have me laughing so hard?

Simsy
January 26th, 2020, 08:46 PM

I s&d my braids, just go through the tassel and any flyaways through the length. Works well enough for my hair.

LittleHealthy
January 27th, 2020, 02:33 AM
When my hair wasn't long enough for s&d I just left it alone. It's normal to have a few splits here and there, it's not the end of the world. If it were me (And when it WAS me haha) I would just let it be.
It won't take long and s&d will become much easier!
Also if you have someone around who you trust and you feel that your hair is getting super rough you could ask them to have a look, just to make sure!

Simpscone
January 27th, 2020, 04:12 AM
I'm getting the feeling I'll only make the half-year challenges this year. My ends feel amazing at the moment, but the thought of leaving them all year feels like so long! Even though last year I left it 10 months... gaaah it's way too early to drop out, it just sounds soooo far away!

BraidedBunch
January 27th, 2020, 05:34 PM
I thought I was going to blow this challenge because of sudden breakage, but I got it under control and we're gonna pull through. Woo-hoo!

Lady Stagner
January 27th, 2020, 07:51 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FG95lBoORBdQoOO-QsH2Y7IEwLmOOwz0/view?usp=sharing

Simsy
February 1st, 2020, 08:35 PM
I was kinda hoping to take all year to get to knee; just so I wouldnít need to make a decision yet. Iím probably going to get just about there (stretched) by June; and thatís just a little annoying. Curly will be about September-ish; so I may put the decision off until Xmas anyway.

WyntreBlossom
February 1st, 2020, 09:56 PM
Im a little late but count me in! I survive 2018 and 2019's no trim challenge! Going for the gold with my 3rd year in a row! I have never done S&D but was thinking about it this year. Does it count towards the challenge?

Kat-RinnŤ Naido
February 2nd, 2020, 12:14 AM
It is so amazing how different hairs need different products. My hair would be lost without the Pantene sleek line to smooth and keep out from tangling horribly.

It must be something about the ingredients and hair type.
Glad it is working for you.

LittleHealthy
February 2nd, 2020, 04:05 AM
Im a little late but count me in! I survive 2018 and 2019's no trim challenge! Going for the gold with my 3rd year in a row! I have never done S&D but was thinking about it this year. Does it count towards the challenge?

S and D is allowed and doesn't mean you're out of the challenge :D

lapushka
February 2nd, 2020, 04:21 AM
S and D is allowed and doesn't mean you're out of the challenge :D

Exactly. It's all in the 1st post, all you need to know about this challenge! :flower:
I hope. Any questions just ask, all of us by now know the answers!

Jaeie
February 2nd, 2020, 11:22 PM
I am so down for this. Iíve reached my longest lengths (hip once, waist 3 times) by no-trimming. Iíve already not trimmed since December so Iíll be excited to just... ignore my hair for the year.

hannabiss
February 3rd, 2020, 01:05 PM
One month down. Woohoo. I was nervous since I didnt trim on New Years. But I did a clarifying wash the other day with light conditioner and am glad I didnt. My ends look great.

MummaNatural
February 3rd, 2020, 06:28 PM
Yes! Me me me. Totally doing this. Stupidly agreed to have too much lopped off last year and still regretting it, even though it's nicely all one length now, so not all bad.
Grow hair, grow! 😊

Simpscone
February 4th, 2020, 02:02 AM
Welcome, MummaNatural! I'm a bit jealous of you having your hair all one length though, that must feel so great!

One month down! I'm going to stay in the year challenge as long as I can, my ends are still feeling amazing and soft.

Vacurlylady
February 6th, 2020, 06:26 AM
Confession! I did a minute 1/2Ē trim last night by doing a pony tail on top of my head and snipping what seemed like 10 hairs. So Iím out of this thread. 😕 Velcro-y ends were bugging me. After two years of no trimming, I donít feel bad, just so used to being in these no trim challenges.

Iím still growing tho! Happy growing to all!

Butterfly Blue
February 14th, 2020, 08:55 PM
3 months since my last trim. My hem was looking a little messy, and I was concerned it would start to look bad. After some deep conditioning it looks healthy again.

Still no split ends, or white dots. I so happy with that! It makes it easier to not be tempted to trim.

I am between APL and BSL.

Butterfly Blue
February 14th, 2020, 09:04 PM
Confession! I did a minute 1/2” trim last night by doing a pony tail on top of my head and snipping what seemed like 10 hairs. So I’m out of this thread. �� Velcro-y ends were bugging me. After two years of no trimming, I don’t feel bad, just so used to being in these no trim challenges.

I’m still growing tho! Happy growing to all!

Only trimming 1/2" in two years is amazing! *hair goals* ;)

Butterfly Blue
February 14th, 2020, 09:10 PM
One month down. Woohoo. I was nervous since I didnt trim on New Years. But I did a clarifying wash the other day with light conditioner and am glad I didnt. My ends look great.

That's great that your ends look better shudder:after you clarified. I wonder how many times I've done a trim/cut thinking i needed too, but in reality my hair just needed some TLC.:eek:

wo
February 14th, 2020, 09:24 PM
(Oops I totally forgot this isn't the right group for me since I cut past January 1st. 😝)

ExpectoPatronum
February 14th, 2020, 10:05 PM
It's been 7 months since my last trim and we're still going strong! My ends still look great - no splits. I'm glad I trimmed off the last of my bleach damage in July 2019. It's made growing my hair out without trims much easier.

leayellena
February 15th, 2020, 02:26 AM
hehe I reached mid-thigh, if my freshly washed hair doesn't decide to make a J flip to look like it's barely classic. I think after next year's no trim challenge I might decide to trim and mentain a bit or do half a year challenges or microtrim+grow...
the good side of being a shortie is "your hair grows so fast" ;)

lapushka
February 15th, 2020, 03:33 AM
It's been 7 months since my last trim and we're still going strong! My ends still look great - no splits. I'm glad I trimmed off the last of my bleach damage in July 2019. It's made growing my hair out without trims much easier.

Yes, growing without the damage is a breeze compared to if you still have damage. I don't think I would recommend (personally) this challenge (for the whole year) for people with substantial damage in their hair.

I have grown out white dots from shoulder to hip without trimming, but that was me being a total goofball. :lol: :p

hehe I reached mid-thigh, if my freshly washed hair doesn't decide to make a J flip to look like it's barely classic. I think after next year's no trim challenge I might decide to trim and mentain a bit or do half a year challenges or microtrim+grow...
the good side of being a shortie is "your hair grows so fast" ;)

Congratulations on mid-thigh! :)

Belgrade Beauty
February 15th, 2020, 03:36 AM
Yes, growing without the damage is a breeze compared to if you still have damage. I don't think I would recommend (personally) this challenge (for the whole year) for people with substantial damage in their hair.

I have grown out white dots from shoulder to hip without trimming, but that was me being a total goofball. :lol: :p

Congratulations on mid-thigh! :)

How did it look ? Did it split up the hair?

Ylva
February 15th, 2020, 04:12 AM
I went 9 months without trimming with very damaged hair. My splits never travel up the strand, but my ends did thin out drastically and I ended up big chopping my hair after that period of no-trimming. It's always worth a shot to not trim even with rather damaged hair, IMO. :)

Belgrade Beauty
February 15th, 2020, 05:00 AM
I went 9 months without trimming with very damaged hair. My splits never travel up the strand, but my ends did thin out drastically and I ended up big chopping my hair after that period of no-trimming. It's always worth a shot to not trim even with rather damaged hair, IMO. :)

Well to be honest,mine is not *that* damaged, cause I never used blonde dye, I did bleach it back in 2014 but I guess that part is long chopped of now. Still ,since that bleaching,I started having splits, and I never had splits in my life before! I probably could get by if I just s&d till the end of the year,but if I see at any point that my hair is thinning out I will probably stop with the challenge because I would prefer to grow it out a bit slower rather than having 5 inches of dry splits and fairytale ends...But that's just my philosophy, I want it to be just as thick at the end as it is on the shoulder. :)

Ylva
February 15th, 2020, 06:02 AM
Well to be honest,mine is not *that* damaged, cause I never used blonde dye, I did bleach it back in 2014 but I guess that part is long chopped of now. Still ,since that bleaching,I started having splits, and I never had splits in my life before! I probably could get by if I just s&d till the end of the year,but if I see at any point that my hair is thinning out I will probably stop with the challenge because I would prefer to grow it out a bit slower rather than having 5 inches of dry splits and fairytale ends...But that's just my philosophy, I want it to be just as thick at the end as it is on the shoulder. :)

Doing the half-year no-trimming challenges is a nice medium, I feel. Even though my ends are still very damaged (the last 10 or so cm are hot garbage), I find that my ends stay relatively thick now while going 6 months without trims.

lapushka
February 15th, 2020, 07:15 AM
How did it look ? Did it split up the hair?

Those white dots, I had them over half of my hair, up to a couple of inches past the root of my hair, from heat & perm damage.

They formed a sharp angle and when left alone they just stayed there, so I figured I don't want a pixie, I'll grow it and see what that does. Most of my hair was intact at hip. Yes I had breakage, but you have to leave them alone! Don't pull them off or you *will* get splits where you rip that off. Better to snip about a cm above the dot if you want to S&D!

But there is no reason that you can't keep growing with them in your hair, and *slowly* trim, if you want.

lapushka
February 15th, 2020, 07:16 AM

I know what you mean, but technically... almost everyone has taper to some degree.

Vacurlylady
February 15th, 2020, 07:29 AM
Only trimming 1/2" in two years is amazing! *hair goals* ;)

Aww thank you ☺️. To be honest, it was Lapushka and these challenges that encouraged me that it was even possible. And it got me to a length I consider longer. Iím almost to BSL. I was starting at a pixie two years ago. Sooooo it worked! 😃

ExpectoPatronum
February 15th, 2020, 08:43 AM

You're so correct. Growing out undamaged hair is much easier.

Oh wow! That's still quite an impressive feat.