PDA

View Full Version : Hair Tool Advice

Sarez
April 20th, 2018, 03:17 AM
Hi everyone,
A long time ago, I used to loosely twist my hair up into some kind of stretched-out bun that began at the base. Something I did on instinct, and used two claw clips to secure. I would wear this style to work, and the clips would hold it in place for quite a few hours (Working in a retail environment.). I found myself doing it today randomly, as my hair is long enough to do it now. I have no idea what this style is called, but I've always done two. The closest I would call it, is a figure 8??
http://i68.tinypic.com/25f82oo.png

But as much as I love a good-gripping claw clip, I was wondering if there was anything else out there in hair-land that I could use that doesn't stick out so much, like a bit flatter?But isn't a bobby pin(I find they don't keep this loose style in place much)?

Any suggestions muchly appreciated :)

DoomKitty
April 20th, 2018, 05:12 AM
I love spin pins for buns as my hair laughs at bobby pins, but I don't think they'd work for this style. Maybe smaller claw clips or clear ones?

Dante
April 20th, 2018, 05:30 AM
Could a hair comb work? I have a really large one that I often wear for styles like this. It has a small but sparkly bit at the top to add some low key pizzazz, and then the prongs are long enough to get under/into quite a bit of the style and hold it firmly.

Dante
April 20th, 2018, 05:33 AM
Could a hair comb work? I have a really large one that I often wear for styles like this. It has a small but sparkly bit at the top to add some low key pizzazz, and then the prongs are long enough to get under/into quite a bit of the style and hold it firmly.

PS kind of like this (but bigger): https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/465164378/long-translucent-honey-brown-plastic?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_au_en_au_e-craft_supplies_and_tools-other-other&utm_custom1=95ce72f9-8e75-4979-a5ba-2c035e57407b&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqoe1ruDI2gIVVQ4rCh1QcgWjEAkYCyAB EgK57PD_BwE#

Sarez
April 20th, 2018, 05:34 AM
Awesome thanks :) I should of thought of combs myself haha.
Not opposed to colours or sparkles at all. I meant when it physically sticks out.
I've not heard of a spin pin, but will check it out now

DoomKitty
April 20th, 2018, 05:38 AM
I got my spin pins for cheap off ebay...I have gold ones and black ones. I find the black ones break my hair whereas the gold ones don't; something to do with the finish I think.

Sarez
April 20th, 2018, 05:41 AM
PS kind of like this (but bigger): https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/465164378/long-translucent-honey-brown-plastic?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_au_en_au_e-craft_supplies_and_tools-other-other&utm_custom1=95ce72f9-8e75-4979-a5ba-2c035e57407b&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqoe1ruDI2gIVVQ4rCh1QcgWjEAkYCyAB EgK57PD_BwE#

Yup. Awesome :) thanks

Sarez
April 20th, 2018, 05:47 AM
I got my spin pins for cheap off ebay...I have gold ones and black ones. I find the black ones break my hair whereas the gold ones don't; something to do with the finish I think.
Thanks for the advice :) I watched a video and am impressed 😄

lapushka
April 20th, 2018, 06:05 AM
I think it looks like a loose log roll.

It might be time to bun for real. Hairsticks and forks (I use a 2 prong fork myself, all the time) are on Etsy.

And you might be able to do something with a French twist fork.

DoomKitty
April 20th, 2018, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the advice :) I watched a video and am impressed 😄

They hold through everything 😉😉 lol. My favourite bun atm is a crown ponytail held with an invisibobble, then the tail split in two and twisted around each other, then that spun into a bun and held with two spin pins. It'll stay in for 24 hours, albeit a bit messy by the next morning, especially if you put the spin pins through the elastic/invisibobble/phone cord elastic.https://m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Top-Knot-Bun like the first one.

Sarez
April 24th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Thank you, ladies :)

[QUOTE=lapushka;3538368] Hairsticks and forks (I use a 2 prong fork myself, all the time) are on Etsy.

Thanks, I'll check those out :D