PDA

View Full Version : What's the longest your fringe has ever gotten?

M.McDonough
April 18th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Hi again

So to avoid the confusion in my last thread, I created this one. I'm not talking about a short fringe. I'm talking about a looong fringe
I have been growing mine for over 4 and a half years and it seems stuck at chest length. It's also weighed down, especially when my hair is wet. Have you had a similar experience? what's the longest your fringe has ever been?

Maybe a photo will help.

You can obviously see that my hair in the front is pushing itself down, making my scalp kinda visible on the sides..

https://s9.postimg.cc/pfcssmrhb/Snapchat-1537998951.jpg

Any comments will be appreciated

Glitch
April 18th, 2018, 04:29 AM
Ever since I started cutting mine, the longest they've grown out to is now, a little past shoulder length. This is usually when they annoy me (falling right in front of my face, rather than along the rest of the hair, unless I constantly use hair clips) and I cut them short again :p

Salwety
April 18th, 2018, 04:31 AM
It is almost shoulder length now ... and I think I will leave it to grow longer.

Todd
April 18th, 2018, 05:56 AM
Is it still "fringe" if its down to your chest? Or is it because its shorter than the hair in back?

I suppose mine is down to my belly button but I haven't had a separate fringe or bangs in many years.

lapushka
April 18th, 2018, 06:19 AM
At chest length, I would no longer call it "fringe". I think it stops being that at about chin/shoulder level.

nycelle
April 18th, 2018, 07:19 AM
Fringe to me is hair that covers up to your eyes or shorter. Anything longer is just layers, or face framing angles, not fringe/bangs.

Once my bangs grew out to my cheeks and lower, I wore my hair with a severe part to one side (it was parted on the left). They grew, they just seemed to take longer. They never catch up unless you're cutting your length more than the shortest pieces.

The only reason I can see them being weighed down more when wet is because they're oilier than the rest of your hair due to natural sebum or product. Maybe those pieces just need to be washed more often?
Also, you have to remember that they're no longer cut to any particular style, so they're in an awkward stage until they get longer, and heavier where they can blend in better.

M.McDonough
April 18th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Is it still "fringe" if its down to your chest? Or is it because its shorter than the hair in back?

I suppose mine is down to my belly button but I haven't had a separate fringe or bangs in many years.

At chest length, I would no longer call it "fringe". I think it stops being that at about chin/shoulder level.

Sorry it might have been a language barrier. I don't know what to call it. Basically the hair at my hairline can reach my chest. So does it look fine? You think it's not getting any longer?

lapushka
April 18th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Sorry it might have been a language barrier. I don't know what to call it. Basically the hair at my hairline can reach my chest. So does it look fine? You think it's not getting any longer?

If you leave it alone, I'm sure it will slowly grow into the rest of the hair. :)

MoonRabbit
April 18th, 2018, 04:37 PM
I had a fringe back in 2013/14 around eyebrow length maybe 3 1/2- 4 inches and it is now 20 inches, I'd say close to bsl.

I still call them bangs since they are shorter than the rest of my hair.

littlestarface
April 18th, 2018, 04:45 PM
The longest mine grow is to about hip length for some reason they dont grow any longer and I have no idea why, they don't break or anything but they are so wispy, so I just cut them to my chin.

yahirwaO.o
April 18th, 2018, 05:04 PM
I have a slightly angled bob so technically my fringe= front part is longer than the back! :D it hits almost collarbone while the rest is just right at shoulder!

Bangs or fringe stop being that about cheek and then they become just a front layer or an angle bit.

The longest my front hair has been was waist and I also had the same problem like yours. Even though I cut it one lenght, my front part never got as long as the back, so it naturally grew in a v shape thing. Also my front bits tend to be finer and thus doesn´t grow as strong like the back!

M.McDonough
April 18th, 2018, 05:08 PM
If you leave it alone, I'm sure it will slowly grow into the rest of the hair. :)

Are you serious it's been stuck at that chest length for a long time! I have photos from over 2 years ago. It looked the same length.

MoonRabbit
April 18th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Are you serious it's been stuck at that chest length for a long time! I have photos from over 2 years ago. It looked the same length.

Maybe it needs some extra love and care? I know my fringe grows slower than the rest of my hair because it is the most dry section of my hair, I think this is due to it being the most handled part. Pushing it away from the face, tucking it behind the ears, falling out of braids and being a side sleeper.

I like to make sure I focus extra attention on these areas when I do a dt or simply apply conditioner. I really lather on the conditioner at least up to an inch from my scalp and allow it to soak in.

AutobotsAttack
April 18th, 2018, 05:53 PM
The longest my fringe grew out was just around my boobs.

Then I cut my bangs back in, and they’ve grown to my mouth when straightened out.

spidermom
April 18th, 2018, 06:01 PM
At one point, I grew my fringe ALL the way down.

It's about shoulder length now, only a little shorter than the longest length.

Beeboo123
April 18th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Somewhere between chin and shoulder length. They didn’t grow any longer than that, their texture is much finer and different from the rest of my hair, quite a few are baby hairs that don’t grow more than a couple of inches, I suspect that my fringe has a shorter terminal length.

Aredhel
April 18th, 2018, 06:23 PM
If you're talking about the section of hair right at the front of your face (basically the hairs that you would cut if you wanted a fringe), mine stop growing between chest and waist length. No idea why. The rest of my hair is much longer though, those hairs just don't get very long... I figure those hairs just have a shorter terminal length than the rest of my hair.

Taliesin
April 18th, 2018, 07:43 PM
Mine is at about mid-chest and definitely shorter and slower-growing than the rest. I suspect it matters how fine one's hair is as well. Mine is quite fine and my "fringe" section has always appeared a bit more scraggly, damaged, and definitely shorter than the rest. I just throw some coney serum on those sections and let it be, I haven't been too worried about trying to fix it or let it catch up to the rest or anything.

Todd
April 18th, 2018, 07:44 PM
I know my fringe grows slower than the rest of my hair because it is the most dry section of my hair, I think this is due to it being the most handled part.

I notice this too. Always the first to dry after a wash, and the most likely to get tangled due to wind, mishandling, etc.

M.McDonough
April 19th, 2018, 02:17 AM
I notice that most people have that hair short in the front. My sister wanted to try the side bangs over a year ago and they still haven't grown back since she cut them. My other sister, on the other hand, has verryyy long hair in the front almost down to her back. she has straight hair though. I guess everybody is different :shrug:

lapushka
April 19th, 2018, 05:20 AM

I don't know you. You might even be talking the short terminal fuzzies in front, for all I know, instead of a real fringe. :)

Dark40
April 24th, 2018, 04:16 PM
The longest my fringe has ever gotten was over my eyes to like my cheeks, and then I always cut them again up to my eyebrows.

Spikey
April 24th, 2018, 11:19 PM
It looks to me like it's your baby hair (or whatever you call the fine, short hairs around your temples) and those just don't grow very long, they have a shorter terminal length than the rest of your hair, as others have mentioned. They stop growing and are replaced by new hairs sooner than hair on the rest of your head, and there's not much you can do about it. It's more noticible on some people. I just kind of ignore mine. If the hair you're talking about isn't this, then I have no idea.

Arciela
April 25th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Mine grows as long as I let it :) longest I've had it was classic length.