PDA

View Full Version : watermans shampoo

sourkitteh
April 17th, 2018, 10:11 AM
has anyone ever tried it, does it help with thinning hair? all the reviews seem amazing which has me side eyeing a little. but some of the photos look really good. for the price of it i dont want to rush in for it to be just an overpriced shampoo

nycelle
April 17th, 2018, 10:14 AM
I've never heard of it. What's the active ingredient? You can tell from that if it regrows or not.

sourkitteh
April 17th, 2018, 10:28 AM
copied from google....

Watermans Luxury Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner are Made in the UK with the finest ancient and modern day ingredients such as Hydrolyzed Lupin Protein, Allantoin, Caffeine, Biotin, Argan Oil and Rosemary. Grow Me Shampoo and Condition Me Conditioner both have natural DHT Blockers to help combat male and female pattern baldness.

Watermans Luxury Hair Growth System combo pack includes Watermans Grow Me Shampoo and Watermans Condition Me Conditioner.

Shampoo Main Active Ingredients are:
Biotin, Caffeine
Argan Oil kernels
Rosemary Extract
Allantoin
Hydrolyzed lupin protein (Anageline)
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)

Conditioner Main Active Ingredients are:
Cholesterol + Vitamin D (Made from Sheep wool)
Caffeine
Rosemary Extract
Hydrolyzed lupin protein
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Antioxidant propertiesv Glycerin

lapushka
April 17th, 2018, 10:29 AM
A link, and or the ingredients would be nice. You have to go by that!

ETA: you just posted them.

I see nothing that a regular shampoo doesn't have. Some shampoos contain biotin, niacinamide, panthenol (if not the shampoo then the conditioner).

sourkitteh
April 17th, 2018, 10:40 AM
A link, and or the ingredients would be nice. You have to go by that!

ETA: you just posted them.

I see nothing that a regular shampoo doesn't have. Some shampoos contain biotin, niacinamide, panthenol (if not the shampoo then the conditioner).

ah thanks.

nycelle
April 17th, 2018, 10:42 AM
This is the full ingredient list for their "Grow Me" shampoo.
Aqua (Water), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquaternium-10, Parfum (Fragrance),
Citric Acid, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Polyquaternium-7, Argania spinose (Argan) Kernel Oil, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Niacinamide, Caffeine,
PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Sodium Starch Octenyl Succinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Maltodextrin, Styrene/VP Copolymer, Calcium Pantothenate, Silicone Quaternium-22, Ethylhexylglycerin,
Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Caprate, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pyridoxine HCL, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract,
Palmitamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Biotin, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate."

I don't see any of the ingredients that I recognize that actually re-grow hair. But I see it mentions DHT blockers on the site, so I guess that's what they're basing it on. I think this is one of those products where YMMV.

sourkitteh
April 17th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Aqua (Water), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquaternium-10, Parfum (Fragrance),
Citric Acid, PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Polyquaternium-7, Argania spinose (Argan) Kernel Oil, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Niacinamide, Caffeine,
PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Sodium Starch Octenyl Succinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Maltodextrin, Styrene/VP Copolymer, Calcium Pantothenate, Silicone Quaternium-22, Ethylhexylglycerin,
Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Caprate, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pyridoxine HCL, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract,
Palmitamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Biotin, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate."

I don't see any of the ingredients that I recognize that actually re-grow hair. But I see it mentions DHT blockers on the site, so I guess that's what they're basing it on. I think this is one of those products where YMMV.

i think i was googling about dht blockers and thats how it came up, so youre probably right about that. thanks for replying!

lapushka
April 17th, 2018, 11:25 AM

Hmm. Maybe it's the caffeine? :hmm:

You can use a regular shampoo, and do a simple coffee rinse on the hair too. Much less expensive.

sourkitteh
April 17th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Hmm. Maybe it's the caffeine? :hmm:

You can use a regular shampoo, and do a simple coffee rinse on the hair too. Much less expensive.

oh ive never heard of that before but it sounds interesting! might save myself some lots of money and try that! XD

lapushka
April 17th, 2018, 12:10 PM
oh ive never heard of that before but it sounds interesting! might save myself some lots of money and try that! XD

I think we have a coffee rinse thread around here. In any case, it's not unlike a tea rinse.

sourkitteh
April 17th, 2018, 02:11 PM
I think we have a coffee rinse thread around here. In any case, it's not unlike a tea rinse.

Thanks for the advice!

lapushka
April 17th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the advice!

And here's the caffeine rinse thread:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121903