PDA

View Full Version : BCL by Christmas 2018

Dante
April 16th, 2018, 03:37 AM
I don’t think there’s a thread for this target already (& apologies if there is) but does anyone want to join me in aiming for BCL by Christmas 2018? I’m already at hip length but I’m tall (5’10’’) with a long torso, so I really don’t think TBL is achievable - I’m about 4’’ off BCL, so I think Christmas sounds just about right.

Anyone else going for this goal?

ravenskey
April 16th, 2018, 08:49 AM
I'm part of the Hip by Christmas thread but BCL isn't that much further than HL on me and I expect to reach HL before Christmas so I think I'll join this thread too.

I might not get there but I'll be very close. :)

Joules
April 16th, 2018, 09:51 AM
I'm already very close to hip, so I'm in! BCL by the end of the year sounds very exciting!

draysmir
April 16th, 2018, 01:01 PM
I'll join! I'll probably be BCL in a couple months, but I will be maintaining likely until around Christmas. I don't think I will reach TBL by Christmas, but definitely BCL :)

Dante
April 17th, 2018, 03:46 AM
Woohoo, welcome ravenskey, Joules and draysmir! Good luck growing! :cheese:

longmane
April 17th, 2018, 07:43 AM
I'm in! I was joining the TBL by Christmas 2018 but I think that would be too far stretch for me since I'm only WL+

ETA: measured today (21-04-2018 ) I'm ~32"
and BCL on me is 36" I think this is BCL by christmas 2018 is more realistic for me than the TBL

Beeboo123
April 17th, 2018, 11:59 AM
How far is BCL from TBL for all of you? The top of my crack is just about one or two inches above my tailbone, so I’ll keep aiming for TBL. Is my butt just different?

ravenskey
April 17th, 2018, 12:17 PM
BCL is only 2 inches above TBL for me which is about the same distance from HL to BCL on me.

I don't think your butt's any different it's just that a lot of us are only WL+ so TBL is a bit far to reach by this Christmas.

Dark40
April 17th, 2018, 01:11 PM
I'll join in! I'm in the HL by Christmas Thread. On me, BCL and TBL isn't far on me at all. I am short(5ft1" tall) I have a good feeling that I do this by the end of the year with me being at WL now.

draysmir
April 17th, 2018, 02:13 PM
How far is BCL from TBL for all of you? The top of my crack is just about one or two inches above my tailbone, so I’ll keep aiming for TBL. Is my butt just different?

BCL to TBL is roughly about 1 1/2" inches for me, which I don't think is too uncommon.

Dante
April 20th, 2018, 04:20 AM
I think for me BCL is about 2.5 inches (maybe even a little more) above tailbone, but I’m tall...

Wendyp
June 5th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Mee mee meee, im going for this, i hope make it by xmas, but i may not, im not going to forgo trimming if it needs it. :puppy:

FennFire911
August 7th, 2018, 09:24 AM
I’m in. It looks like this is going to end up being realistic for me to try for. I didn’t know what to expect at the beginning of this year.
Is everybody else still feeling optimistic? :)

ravenskey
August 7th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Yep, still well on course for BCL by Christmas - I have had brilliant growth so far this year, because this is the first year I've tracked my growth I have no idea if this is my normal growth or a spurt but either way I've grown 7" since April!

Joules
August 7th, 2018, 10:01 AM
I have just 3 cm (a bit over 1 inch, 2 months worth of growing) till I reach BCL stretched. Another 2-3 months to unstretched BCL, aka stretched TBL. In December I'll trim no more than whatever extends past stretched BCL, so I'll definitely be there by Christmas! :joy:

FennFire911
August 7th, 2018, 10:27 AM
I’m in the no trimming challenge for this year so my ends are definitely faerie tale thanks to all of last year’s abuse. But I’ve been gentle and well behaved this year and I’m seeing some progress. Will certainly be a well appreciated Christmas gift to myself to reach this milestone! :D

g_lou
August 7th, 2018, 01:03 PM
I’m in! Less than 2 inches to go :)

Ylva
August 7th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Is BCL where the buttcrack starts, or?

lapushka
August 7th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Is BCL where the buttcrack starts, or?

Yes it is. :flower:

Ylva
August 7th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Yes it is. :flower:

Thank you! :)

In that case, I'm about 1 inch away. Just had my boyfriend measure it for me, hah. I should be able to reach this goal well before Yule. :)

longmane
August 8th, 2018, 10:28 AM
I’m so close!! It’s looking like halfway between HL and BCL

Dark40
August 8th, 2018, 01:14 PM
longmane, congratulations on reaching your next milestone!!! Do you have any photos?

Dante
August 10th, 2018, 03:14 AM
I think I’m on track too! Feels sometimes like it’s not really growing but I realised yesterday that my hair is now hip length when up in a high ponytail. Surely I’ll make BCL by Xmas (fingers crossed!)

Ylva
August 16th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Urgh, these growth "challenges" are making me check my hair length way too often and thus I feel like it's not growing at all. :D I was happier just ignoring it! But at the same time, I like to have a goal to work towards.

lapis_lazuli
August 16th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Urgh, these growth "challenges" are making me check my hair length way too often and thus I feel like it's not growing at all. :D I was happier just ignoring it!

I feel the same way :flower: It's nice to see the accumulated growth after neglecting it for a few months :p Keep pressure on yourself down, taking care internally and externally. Wish you (all) success in your goal! :cheer:
(Your (user)name is very pretty, by the way :o)

Soulina
August 17th, 2018, 12:38 AM
I am maybe 1 inch away from BCL, its so close :joy:. I think BCL before Yule is very doable to me.

Ylva
August 17th, 2018, 07:25 AM
I feel the same way :flower: It's nice to see the accumulated growth after neglecting it for a few months :p Keep pressure on yourself down, taking care internally and externally. Wish you (all) success in your goal! :cheer:
(Your (user)name is very pretty, by the way :o)

To be fair, yearly measuring would be the best! :D Indeed, good luck to everyone.

Thank you so much! It is just one of my names. :) Your hair is incredibly beautiful! Among the prettiest I've ever seen, actually.

lapis_lazuli
August 17th, 2018, 01:37 PM
To be fair, yearly measuring would be the best! :D Indeed, good luck to everyone.

Thank you so much! It is just one of my names. :) Your hair is incredibly beautiful! Among the prettiest I've ever seen, actually.

Thank you so much for such a compliment :flowers: Your own is gorgeous, and so radiant... :thud: Enjoy the beauty of its every length along your journey :o

Ylva
August 18th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Thank you so much for such a compliment :flowers: Your own is gorgeous, and so radiant... :thud: Enjoy the beauty of its every length along your journey :o

It was merely the truth! Thank you kindly. :flower: Although I know my hair is not much in comparison to so many here. So many gorgeous heads of hair around here.

Ylva
August 26th, 2018, 10:04 AM
So close! When my hair was wet, it was tickling my buttcrack, but now that it's dry it has risen a bit higher. It's taunting me.

Groovy Granny
August 26th, 2018, 05:29 PM
So close! When my hair was wet, it was tickling my buttcrack, but now that it's dry it has risen a bit higher. It's taunting me.

Jumping in with you ~ mine is doing the same thing, but with less than .5" to go... I should be solid BCL by Christmas...and I will maintain it there :cheer:

GrowlingCupcake
August 26th, 2018, 08:52 PM
My longest strands are at 34 inches, and BCL should be 36 inches for me, so Christmas might be doable? *crosses fingers*

When my hair is wet, it's definitely just at BCL but even stretched it isn't when dry.

Dendra
August 27th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Looking great in your avatar, Groovy Granny! Long + lovely waves.

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Looking great in your avatar, Groovy Granny! Long + lovely waves.

I saw your new pic today....yours is lovely..... and getting long :thumbsup:

Ylva
August 27th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Jumping in with you ~ mine is doing the same thing, but with less than 1.5" to go... I should be solid BCL by Christmas...and I will maintain it there :cheer:

How cool that you are so close to your ultimate goal! :)

My longest strands are at 34 inches, and BCL should be 36 inches for me, so Christmas might be doable? *crosses fingers*

When my hair is wet, it's definitely just at BCL but even stretched it isn't when dry.

I think you'll definitely reach BCL by Yule, no stress! :)

Groovy Granny
August 27th, 2018, 05:09 PM

That is surely do-able ~ happy growing :cheer:

How cool that you are so close to your ultimate goal! :)
Thanks....you too :thumbsup:

It sure took me by surprise...as it usually does on LHC :lol:

ETA: I will be offline for the most part now, so happy growing ~ I hope you all reach your goals :cheer:

ETA 8/27: corrected my numbers...I am LESS than 1/2 inch to BCL :joy:

ETA 10/13/18: I hit it; an early Christmas present....and the longest length in my 67 years :disco:

Dendra
August 28th, 2018, 01:45 AM

I saw your new pic today....yours is lovely..... and getting long :thumbsup:

Aw thank you, and yes I can't quite believe how long it's getting :)

FennFire911
September 7th, 2018, 06:40 PM
I’m on the cusp!!! When I’m rinsing my hair and it’s drenched with the water running through it, the longest lock is there! When it’s dry I still have an inch or so to go. I’m so glad nature is cooperating with my goals lol

Ylva
September 10th, 2018, 11:39 AM
I've reached BCL! :joy:

I couldn't quite believe it when I checked my hair length last night. I thought maybe it was just because my hair was quite oily and it was probably weighed down, like when it's wet... But no, I just checked again with freshly air dried, clean hair and it's still there. Perhaps there's still a chance for me to reach my ultimate goal for this year, which is TBL. Then I'm all set for classic next year.

Also, FennFire 911, I just noticed that we have the exact same hair type. It's the first time I spot someone like that here. :D

GrowlingCupcake
September 11th, 2018, 02:27 AM
Ylva congratulations!

I still have a ways to go but I'm trying not to think about it xD

Ylva
September 11th, 2018, 08:29 AM
Ylva congratulations!

I still have a ways to go but I'm trying not to think about it xD

Thank you! :flower:

That's the best way to go about it! I feel like mine grew to BCL immediately as I stopped thinking about it and S&D'ing compulsively. :D

GrowlingCupcake
September 11th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Thank you! :flower:

That's the best way to go about it! I feel like mine grew to BCL immediately as I stopped thinking about it and S&D'ing compulsively. :D

I'm sure my compulsive S&D isn't helping me since only my stragglers are about two inches away. Might have to not S&D for a bit.

Ylva
September 11th, 2018, 09:18 AM
I'm sure my compulsive S&D isn't helping me since only my stragglers are about two inches away. Might have to not S&D for a bit.

Even a little while of bening neglect can do wonders every now and then! I should really incorporate it into my haircare routine... At least two months of bening neglect per year.

ravenskey
September 11th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Congrats Ylva!

I'm in the same position as you GrowlingCupcake. About 2" dry and almost there wet.

Ylva
September 11th, 2018, 09:50 AM
Congrats Ylva!

Thank you kindly!

Wendyp
September 11th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Oh I’m def going to make this goal! I’m about 1/2 inch from BCL! But TBL is about 3- 4 inches from my BCL :bigeyes: so not sure I’ll make that by Christmas.

GrowlingCupcake
September 20th, 2018, 12:59 AM
My longest strands are currently 34.7 inches, and JUST at BCL when wet (and thus mostly straight)! I'm not calling it yet since it's barely there, but Christmas seems definite!

Of course, the majority of my strands are at around 31 inches (which is a bit past waist for me) but I measure by longest strands because I can do it on my own more easily xD

ravenskey
September 20th, 2018, 09:29 AM
My longest strands are currently 34.7 inches, and JUST at BCL when wet (and thus mostly straight)! I'm not calling it yet since it's barely there, but Christmas seems definite!

Of course, the majority of my strands are at around 31 inches (which is a bit past waist for me) but I measure by longest strands because I can do it on my own more easily xD

Wow, GrowlingCupcake I think that both of ours hair must be really close in length because just last night I posted in the mini-milestone thread that my longest strands barely reached BCL when stretched.

FennFire911
October 9th, 2018, 08:15 PM
I'm calling it! I checked and double checked, and tonight I'm sure. Even when I'm looking slightly down, it's there. I'm pretty surprised I'm this far ahead of schedule.

I've reached BCL! :joy:

I couldn't quite believe it when I checked my hair length last night. I thought maybe it was just because my hair was quite oily and it was probably weighed down, like when it's wet... But no, I just checked again with freshly air dried, clean hair and it's still there. Perhaps there's still a chance for me to reach my ultimate goal for this year, which is TBL. Then I'm all set for classic next year.

Also, FennFire 911, I just noticed that we have the exact same hair type. It's the first time I spot someone like that here. :D

CONGRATS!!! It seems we really are hair twins, right down to length and everything. I wonder if we'll hit TBL and classic around the same time if neither of us chooses to trim. That would be something else!

Ylva
October 9th, 2018, 08:24 PM
I'm calling it! I checked and double checked, and tonight I'm sure. Even when I'm looking slightly down, it's there. I'm pretty surprised I'm this far ahead of schedule.

CONGRATS!!! It seems we really are hair twins, right down to length and everything. I wonder if we'll hit TBL and classic around the same time if neither of us chooses to trim. That would be something else!

Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS to you too! :happydance: That would indeed be pretty crazy! However, I am actually contemplating a trim after New Year because of how my ends are behaving. They've been very grabby lately. So unless I get them under control, I'll probably start microtrimming after New Year and just work my way to classic like that instead. But we will see!

GrowlingCupcake
October 11th, 2018, 08:12 PM
ravenskey I wish we could be twins in texture, and thickness too! I'd love wavier, and thicker hair.

FennFire911 congratulations!

I just washed my hair, and my longest strands are definitely BCL. Still only when sopping wet, though, but there are more of them than before! I'm still waiting for it to happen when dry. Even stretched isn't sufficient when dry.

Joules
October 12th, 2018, 03:30 AM
I feel like I'm stalling big time. I've been seeing the same number on my measuring tape since the beginning of July. I did trim my ends in August, but I didn't trim nearly enough to cause such a stall...

I thought I'd fully reach BCL by Christmas, now it seems like I might reach it and lose it immediately to a scheduled trim before the New Year. I measured my hair in a different manner (from earlobe down) today and took a picture of my measurements to re-measure it again in 1 month and see if my hair is still not growing. At this point I don't even care if I'll reach BCL by Yule or not, I just hope I'm not hitting terminal so soon :(

GrowlingCupcake
October 12th, 2018, 04:42 AM
I feel like I'm stalling big time. I've been seeing the same number on my measuring tape since the beginning of July. I did trim my ends in August, but I didn't trim nearly enough to cause such a stall...

I thought I'd fully reach BCL by Christmas, now it seems like I might reach it and lose it immediately to a scheduled trim before the New Year. I measured my hair in a different manner (from earlobe down) today and took a picture of my measurements to re-measure it again in 1 month and see if my hair is still not growing. At this point I don't even care if I'll reach BCL by Yule or not, I just hope I'm not hitting terminal so soon :(

I'm sorry, that sucks! I'm fairly certain I didn't confuse you with someone else (I'm easily confused whenever avatars change xD) so I know you know plenty about hair care but I'll still ask: any chance it could be breakage from mechanical/chemical/heat damage? Friction from lack of protective styles?

Also, you henna your hair, right? Do you still see your roots growing? I felt like I stalled but I knew my hair was still growing since my roots were visible. That's what I'm mostly relying on currently since my hair growth feels so slow; I think I'm getting maybe a quarter inch a month right now.

Joules
October 12th, 2018, 05:04 AM
I'm sorry, that sucks! I'm fairly certain I didn't confuse you with someone else (I'm easily confused whenever avatars change xD) so I know you know plenty about hair care but I'll still ask: any chance it could be breakage from mechanical/chemical/heat damage? Friction from lack of protective styles?

Also, you henna your hair, right? Do you still see your roots growing? I felt like I stalled but I knew my hair was still growing since my roots were visible. That's what I'm mostly relying on currently since my hair growth feels so slow; I think I'm getting maybe a quarter inch a month right now.

My hair hasn't seen heat in over 7 years, and I've never used chemical dyes or perms on it. I went crazy about my hair when I was in my early teens, so I didn't get the chance to properly destroy it :bluebiggr

Henna roots are very much there. So it is growing from the roots. Why the length doesn't change is a mistery to me. I've been wearing more buns since July than I used to, and I generally never wear it loose. The only area I haven't tackled yet is my cotton pillowcases, but come on, it's just a pillowcase and I don't think it can majorly damage my medium-to-coarse hair; also I sleep face-down into the pillow and my hair doesn't get much friction.

There's still the chance that I may get inconsistent results from measurements because my hair has weird texture. I get different wave patterns after each wash, sometimes looser, sometimes tighter, my hair is poofy and very voluminous at the roots. This alone might eat up some length. But then I always try to stretch it when I measure it...

Anyway, I hope the other method of measuring will provide clearer results. I also measured the remnants of my fringe just to compare length gains (judging by my henna roots my hair grows pretty evenly, so if my fringe grows more than the rest of my hair it would probably indicate terminal, at least that's how I see things). And or course there's a chance that I measured my hair incorrectly back in July, hence the illusion of stalling, and now I'm overthinking it too much :shrug:

gingerninja
October 13th, 2018, 03:20 PM
My hair is bcl stretched but 1-2 inches above when dry and wavy so hopefully I'll reach it unstretched by Christmas :)

Joules,your hair looks really healthy so i doubt its mechanical damage causing a growth stall probably just extra wavy that day, I have this exact problem as well so I wouldn't worry to much :)

Joules
October 14th, 2018, 02:43 PM
I just looked at my soaking wet post-wash hair in the mirror, and it looks just millimeters away from BCL

So the hope is still there, guys. gingerninja, I'll take your advice and stop worrying :D I'm just gonna relax till December and not think about it :D if it grows then it grows, if it stalls then there's nothing I can do about it, really.

It started to look long for me all of a sudden, like, I still don't feel like a proper longhair, but at least it doesn't seem average anymore!

Joules
November 9th, 2018, 07:28 AM
I have a bit of an update here:

I measured my hair on October 12th and re-measured it today (not exactly a month, but come on :bluebiggr). It definitely grew at least 1 cm, maybe even 1.5. So I'm very happy I'm not actually stalling!

I'm already at BCL when my hair is soaking wet, but with all the waves and shrinkage it doesn't look that long when dry. I think I'll be able to call BCL around Christmas (maybe I'll wait till New Year's Eve and start the new year with the brand new goal).

gingerninja
November 15th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Update time
I just washed my hair and it is bcl length when wavy and tbl stretched so i reached it early im so surprised yet happy.
Good luck to everyone �� sending positive growth vibes to all of you.

ravenskey
November 15th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Congrats gingerninja!

I also have an update: as posted in the MiniMilestone thread my tips are now at BCL! I am waiting until Christmas to fully call it though.

Dark40
November 15th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Congrats ravenskey on your new milestone! I won't be able to call my hair BCL until next spring or summer of 2019. :(

GrowlingCupcake
November 16th, 2018, 03:05 PM
I'm rather confused by my hair. My tips seem to measure at 35 inches, and BCL seems to measure pretty solidly at 36 inches. When wet, though, my tips are definitely past BCL.

I'm assuming user error, so I'll wait for the end of the year to call it, and hopefully be more firmly into BCL by then.

Milady_DeWinter
November 16th, 2018, 03:15 PM
GC when wet, hair stretches way more. That's why I measure with my hair stretched, but not wet :) I'm at BCL with my hair wet-stretched too. We have the same lenght and marker! I'm at 35" and BCL is 36" on me. I'll cut back to 34 or 34.5" at the end of the year though.

GrowlingCupcake
November 17th, 2018, 12:13 PM
GC when wet, hair stretches way more. That's why I measure with my hair stretched, but not wet :) I'm at BCL with my hair wet-stretched too. We have the same lenght and marker! I'm at 35" and BCL is 36" on me. I'll cut back to 34 or 34.5" at the end of the year though.

Ah, I should've figured that out xD I do measure when stretched, but was wondering why the discrepancy. Hopefully my hair will be kind enough to be properly BCL when dry-stretched.

Twins <3 Though, I wish I twinned your texture, and thickness too xD

ravenskey
November 17th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Wow, I think we're all milestone twins here! BCL is 36" on me also, most of my hair is 35.5" at the moment with a few racers at 36".

Wendyp
November 17th, 2018, 07:07 PM
I’m here too I’m like 1/2 inch from bcl so ima call it soon!

GrowlingCupcake
December 2nd, 2018, 09:59 AM
Well, I'm still waiting to call it, but my longest strands are just BCL when dry! I'll measure, and call it end of the year <3

hollygolightly
December 2nd, 2018, 10:03 AM
this might be the right place to ask, what is bcl?

GrowlingCupcake
December 2nd, 2018, 10:04 AM
this might be the right place to ask, what is bcl?

Butt crack length.

hollygolightly
December 2nd, 2018, 10:06 AM
Butt crack length.

thanks! I've seen a lot of people talking about that length and I couldn't figure out what it was

GrowlingCupcake
December 2nd, 2018, 10:38 AM
thanks! I've seen a lot of people talking about that length and I couldn't figure out what it was

You're welcome :)

ravenskey
December 5th, 2018, 05:08 PM
At 36" I am now at BCL! Only the very top, but still there! By Christmas I will hopefully actually feel like I've gotten there - I never feel I've reached a milestone until I'm a little bit past it.

Ylva
December 5th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Congratulations ravenskey! :) BCL is a very nice length!

Joules
December 8th, 2018, 10:59 AM
I'm here. If I stand straight enough (as opposed to my usual bad posture), the very ends of my V hemline reach my buttcrack. Yay. I'm hesitant to really call BCL and change my signature because I can't decide what to do with my hair. I want to maintain BCL for the entire 2019, but then there's that devil on my shoulder that's telling me to chop those God awful ends off. My ends are driving me insane, really.

I plan to trim in about 2 weeks, so I have some time to think. But yeah, technically I did reach BCL by this Christmas!

ravenskey
December 8th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Congrats Joules!
I'd call it if I were you, whether you cut back or not you've still reached it!

Dante
December 9th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Okay, I'm officially calling BCL! I looked at my hair a month or so ago and *thought* it was there but wanted to get to the 'definite' point before calling it. This morning I looked in the mirror when I first got up and realised that it's BCL even when unbrushed and wavy. Aiming now for tailbone. Woohoo!

GrowlingCupcake
December 9th, 2018, 01:41 AM
I've up most of my ends to 35 inches <3 The racers are happily at 36.

ravenskey
December 9th, 2018, 04:41 AM
^^^ Yay! Looks like we've all started calling it!!!

Ylva
December 9th, 2018, 06:47 AM
Congratulations to all the fresh buttcracks!

Joules
December 9th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Congrats Joules!
I'd call it if I were you, whether you cut back or not you've still reached it!

Ok, I'm calling it! It took me so much effort to grow my hair to this length, I think I won't cut it just yet :) besides, it's in a bun or a braid 100% of the time, so no one would be able to judge me.

There will be no pictures though. I hate how my taper looks from the back. I took a pic in November (it's in my album here), it's gonna be the reference point to see if my hemline thickens up or not over the next few months.

Congratulations to all the fresh buttcracks!

I've never been called a fresh buttcrack before, but I like the sound of it :rollin:

Wendyp
December 15th, 2018, 05:47 PM
I’m calling BCL so on to tailbone! :disco:

Ylva
December 15th, 2018, 05:57 PM
I’m calling BCL so on to tailbone! :disco:

Congratulations! :) Your new avatar pic is really beautiful, by the way!

Wendyp
December 15th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Congratulations! :) Your new avatar pic is really beautiful, by the way!

Aww thank you! :love: It was taken on my last bday September 28, 2018.

Dante
December 16th, 2018, 02:58 AM
Congrats to the fresh buttcracks (love that term, by the way!)

longmane
December 24th, 2018, 06:53 PM
I juuust made it!

Wendyp
December 24th, 2018, 06:58 PM
I juuust made it!

Congrats!!

longmane
December 24th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Congrats!!

Thank you 😊

g_lou