PDA

View Full Version : Razor or Epelizer?

Julia555
April 10th, 2018, 11:54 PM
Hello everybody,
are you using a razor (http://elektrorasierer-testsieger.de/elektrorasierer-test-empfindliche-haut/#Elektrorasierertest_Was_sind_die_Ursachen_fuer_em pfindliche_Haut) or epelizer for hair removal?

lapushka
April 11th, 2018, 01:07 PM
You mean an epilator? ;)

I use an electric razor (aka ladyshave as it is called in Belgium).

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :D

akurah
April 11th, 2018, 01:55 PM
If you ever have plans to laser or other permanently remove hair, it might be better to stick with a razor as I’ve been told that plucking, epilating, or waxing hair can make those less effective because it can potentially change the shape of the follicles and reduce effectiveness. I don’t remember who told me that though, and I keep meaning to follow up to confirm, but haven’t had time.

But the more I think of it, the more skeptical I become. So I’m not sure.

As for me? Neither. Because of a condition that I have, shaving aggrivates that condition, so I’m furry. I plan to get permanent hair reduction or removal at some point because I’m vain and do not like being hairy. Fortunately I’m not hirsute, but I have to be mindful of shirt sleeve length and am stuck with pants.

lapushka
April 11th, 2018, 02:28 PM
As for me? Neither. Because of a condition that I have, shaving aggrivates that condition, so I’m furry. I plan to get permanent hair reduction or removal at some point because I’m vain and do not like being hairy. Fortunately I’m not hirsute, but I have to be mindful of shirt sleeve length and am stuck with pants.

I only razor (electric) 2 times a week, Tuesday & Friday morning (underarms). My bikini line is done like every 2 weeks. I only have a few hairs growing outside of my panty-line, so I just pluck those out; that's it. I scissor the rest and keep it short, but I'm hairy down there. I believe hair, "down there" especially, has its function!

My legs I sometimes razor for the back hairs I might have missed, but I mostly pluck with tweezers, as due to my disability (CRPS), barely any hair grows there anymore.

Wendyp
April 11th, 2018, 02:42 PM
I did laser on my face, I don’t think it’s a 100 percent cure though, but it does help.

Joules
April 12th, 2018, 01:07 AM
Epilators (and wax, and any other form of ripping your hair out) gives me insane irritation and horrible ingrown hair. When I say horrible, I mean every single little hair that grows back is ingrown. Every. Single. One.

So yeah, razors are my best friends. I still get irritation, but at least no ingrowns and no insane pain during removal.

Also, I don't mind body hair in general, so a bit of stubble on my legs isn't annoying to me. Thankfully, my boyfriend is ok with it, too. I know people who hate it and for them epilators or waxes are the only solution. I do plan to do a laser hair removal one day, just because of the irritation all the other hair removal methods give me, but for now, razors.

sillyme
April 13th, 2018, 02:50 PM
I've used an epilator on my legs for several years now. I like that I only have to use it a couple times a week, where I used to need to shave every day. I did have a little problem with a few ingrown hairs at first, but that became less and less of a problem the longer I used it. I rarely have any ingrown hairs now. I like that the hair grows back soft, unlike the bristly stubble I had within a few hours of shaving. The epilator has been a very frugal choice for me too. Razors/blades were pretty expensive.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 13th, 2018, 05:06 PM
I use a razor and shave maybe 4 times a year. My hair is very pale and doesn't show very much.

And I also believe that hair "down there" does have a function. I don't know if people generally remove it or not, these days, It's not something you ask :p

mrs_coffee
April 14th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Epilator. I've waxed and/or epilated(?) for so long I don't even feel it anymore.

lapushka
April 14th, 2018, 01:57 PM
I use a razor and shave maybe 4 times a year. My hair is very pale and doesn't show very much.

And I also believe that hair "down there" does have a function. I don't know if people generally remove it or not, these days, It's not something you ask :p

Oh, I don't mind talking about it. A lot of people just blurt out on YT that they're due for their monthly Brazilian. Why would I be embarrassed to say I keep that hair, I trim it short (about half a cm to a cm), but I keep it all. I think I snip it every 2 months or so, if it needs it, usually before a period. OK, that maybe is TMI. ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 14th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Oh, I don't mind talking about it. A lot of people just blurt out on YT that they're due for their monthly Brazilian. Why would I be embarrassed to say I keep that hair, I trim it short (about half a cm to a cm), but I keep it all. I think I snip it every 2 months or so, if it needs it, usually before a period. OK, that maybe is TMI. ;)

Well, then I will admit that I keep mine too. I keep it trimmed a little, but don't remove it. :) Happily, I have maybe one period a year these days, so don't have to worry about that :)