PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Brushing vs Inversion Method

hennalove
April 7th, 2018, 07:45 PM
I read all the posts in the George Michael thread so decided to try inverted brushing using a wood peg brush. My third day in using the this method and I really like it. However, I have used the inversion method in the past and like it. Given that I am currently doing so many henna treatments (4-5/month) which have my head inverted for the wash out at least twice per treatment in combination to using the inverted brushing method twice daily, do you think also using the inversion method once a month would be a bit of over kill? Is one method better than the other or is it just personal preference?

JennGalt
April 7th, 2018, 08:08 PM
I think it's just personal preference. There are yogis who spend more time inverted than any youtuber who claims to know how to properly do any inversion method, so if it floats your boat and you aren't seeing any ill effects from it, go for it.

Some on here say none of it does any good, but I massage my scalp most days and invert if I feel like it. I can't be bothered to follow any youtuber's scalp massage advice--I'm trained as a massage therapist, and I figure my technique is just fine. It seems to work pretty well, if my recent measurement is any indication. Just do what makes you happy. I don't think there's really any wrong way as long as you're not having any bruising or breakage.

lithostoic
April 7th, 2018, 08:57 PM
I massage my scalp when it's sebumy before a wash :) Then of course while I'm shampooing. That's it. Upside down for both.

lapushka
April 8th, 2018, 04:23 AM
I read all the posts in the George Michael thread so decided to try inverted brushing using a wood peg brush. My third day in using the this method and I really like it. However, I have used the inversion method in the past and like it. Given that I am currently doing so many henna treatments (4-5/month) which have my head inverted for the wash out at least twice per treatment in combination to using the inverted brushing method twice daily, do you think also using the inversion method once a month would be a bit of over kill? Is one method better than the other or is it just personal preference?

I inverted brush after my hair comes out the towel after a wash, I brush it in 2 sections, then forward. Takes about 30 seconds, but that's about all I'm willing to spend. Too much brushing and I can rewash my hair (in a matter of speaking).

I just still get 1/2 inch a month, so I don't think it affects anything. :shrug:

MusicalSpoons
April 8th, 2018, 07:03 AM
I don't quite know what the inversion method entails (I know there's info out there and I have read it but my brain didn't seem it important enough to retain for very long) but I tend to wash mostly upside-down as it's the only way I can get shampoo to all the scalp, even with diluted shampoo and an applicator bottle. I also trend to comb upside-down - initially it was to see if the theory of a wooden comb spreading sebum would work, though I don't think it made much of a difference, but it's now habit and I continue to do so. Plus it gives me more volume and thus a softer look than combing the scalp hair the 'normal' way. I detangle the lengths the right way up, then loosely hold them as I gently tip my head over, bring them down and let go. This results in no tangles, and then I do the same when I put my head the right way up again. I don't think it's made any difference to growth but it does no harm either :shrug: